• April 28, 2024, 02:28:36 PM

Author Topic: claymoreplaymore - Game Server Admin Application  (Read 3493 times)

Offline claymoreplaymore

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
claymoreplaymore - Game Server Admin Application
« on: January 03, 2016, 03:37:06 PM »
1. Which position do you wish to apply for?
Game Server Admin

2. Do you have a microphone that you are willing to use?
Yes

3. Age:

4. What Time Zone do you live in?
Eastern Standard Time

5. List and describe any previous supervisory, administrative or management experience,­ in or out of the game:
I helped supervise a CPR training class, will occasionally supervise my parent's shop, have babysat.

6. What are your goals in this community - or, why do you want to hold this position?
I play on one of the Swapshop servers regularly, and when I play there are usually hackers or mic-spammers, and I've noticed recently that it is taking a while for admins to respond to these rule-breakers.

7. How much time will you be able to spend:
A. On the servers?
From 4 to 9 on weekdays, and from 9 to 9 on weekends.

B. On the forums?
From 4 to 9 on weekdays, and from 9 to 9 on weekends.

8. How long have you been playing on our group of servers?
I have been playing only on your servers for about the past 6 months.

9. List a reputation thread here (your SteamRep URL and/or other reputation threads):
http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198153305401

10. If you have alternate accounts, list any alternative accounts that you own:
N/A

11. Describe a time during which you lost control of your emotions:
Once, when I was in middle school, I had a girlfriend who had very strict parents. We had been dating for about a month when I came up with the idea to meet her parents. It went horribly because the parents were immensely strict, and no amount of well behavior would lead them to letting me and their daughter date. This struck me right in the heart, and it resulted in me becoming depressed for a month. I felt like doing nothing, like as if the parents of my girlfriend had thought of me as a horrible person. I soon figured that it wasn't me that was a horrible person, and that the parents were just extremely strict, and I got over it.

12. What do you consider in yourself to be strengths? What do you consider in yourself to be weaknesses?
A strength of mine is that I don't get mad very easily, and if someone is trying to get me annoyed I can easily ignore them. I also look out for people that I don't really know, because I strongly believe that everyone can be a good person. I am always trying to make friends when I can. When I am given a job, I never do something that I'm not suppose to do. Some weaknesses is that I will occasionally to goof off, because that's how I deal with stress. I also will sometimes curse, but I will never curse at people, just sometimes at myself.

13. Assess these attributes from 1 to 10 based on how you see yourself:
  • Logical: 10
  • Patient: 8
  • Reactive: 8
  • Creative: 9
  • Polite: 10
  • Reasonable: 10
  • Objective: 7
  • Perceptive: 7
  • Compassionate: 10
  • Troubleshooter: 10

14. After you become an admin, how would you react to these situations below:
A: How would you deal with a person who was making racist comments?
I would tell them to watch their mouth, and that what they are saying is really offensive. If he continues, then I will ask the people on the server if they feel offended, and if someone does I will give the racist one more chance before I mute them.

B: A group of players are offended by remarks that another player made, but you yourself do not find them to be offensive. How would you respond?
I would try to see the perspective from both sides, and probably just warn the person saying the remarks, and if he continues to say offensive remarks I would just mute him.

C: How would you deal with players who micspam?
Tell them to stop both with my mic and in chat, and if they do not stop them mute them, unless the rest of the server doesn't want me to mute them.

D: Another TF2SS admin is exploiting their powers in game; what will you do about it?
Record them, take some statements from the people on the server, then report him through the forums.

E: What would you do when answering a report that [username] is speed hacking on one of our servers?
Go to the server immediately and ask people what was happening. If he was hacking, then I'll warn him then play on the server for a bit before leaving. If he continues to hack, then I will ban him. If it turns out that he just bought something from the shop, then I'll explain to everyone that he isn't hacking.

F: A regular user threatens to ban another player if they do not comply with rules that do not exist. What will you do about it?
Explain the rules, try to get the perspective of both players, warn both sides, and if the problem still exists, then mute one or both of the players.

G: A group of enemy players dominate you, ignoring everyone else and changing teams if you join the team they are on, killing only you over and over again. What will you do about it?
Join spectator for a while, then if they still persist on killing me and only me, then either join spectator again until they leave or just leave the server.

H: How do you deal with a player who comments publicly that: you are an asshole, the server sucks ass, and continues to insult anyone who kills them with profanity & by screaming on the mic?
Ask the people on the server if they feel offended or annoyed, then warn the player a few times and try to reason with him before muting him if he still keeps on raging.

I: A regular player on our server says that they will offer free godmode for anyone who trades a hat to them. What will you do about it?
Kick the player, then tell the people on the server that he is a scammer and to not get scammed by him. Then I would ask if there is another regular player on the server, and ask them politely to report the scammer if he continues.

J: A player who bought the Headless Horsemann perk from the shop complains after another player slays him/her. What do you tell the slayed Headless Horsemann player?
I would tell him that I am sorry, and tell him and the people on the server that if they want to kill the Headless Horsemann, that they can slay him or buy something else on the shop that will kill him.

Offline Death™

• King Of Death
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Master
  • The Unholy King Of Death
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Re: claymoreplaymore - Game Server Admin Application
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2016, 03:52:08 PM »
When is your birthday?

Offline claymoreplaymore

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2016, 07:16:48 PM »
My birthday is 6/24/2000. I'm 15 and a half

Offline Death™

• King Of Death
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Master
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2016, 07:42:56 PM »
Alright.

Offline Death™

• King Of Death
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Master
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2016, 02:18:52 PM »
Unfortunately, you're 6 months away from being the 16 years old which is a requirement for applicants.
Although this might seem relatively close to our age requirement, a lot can happen in 6 months.

Application denied.

You may reapply again once you meet our requirements.