• April 25, 2024, 01:37:22 AM

Author Topic: Keeping or Removing !friendly  (Read 7021 times)

Offline BloodRain

• Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Hero
  • "Even lies contain some truth."
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Keeping or Removing !friendly
« on: January 10, 2016, 05:30:58 PM »
This poll is created due to the many bugs and criticisms about the plugin.

Offline Ἀΐδης

• Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Master
  • What is it you truly seek to obtain?
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Re: Keeping or Removing !friendly
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2016, 10:45:08 PM »
We constantly get reports about how the reporter is being killed by another person. Other players even remind those complaining that there is a friendly option. To which most reply with: But I wont have my weapons to look at. Yes there are bugs with it, however No matter what system is introduced: It. Will. Be. Abused. That a simple law regarding humans. As for the bugs/glitches, Every. Single. Plugin. Has. Them. We have had crashes caused by Sourcemod, RTD, Sounds, Etc.. Yet we did not remove them. Criticism should be used to improve, not destroy something.

Do not take this post/reply in the wrong way, It is not targeted at anyone specifically.

Hades

Offline Sylvedoge

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2016, 12:24:46 PM »
If rocket jumper/sticky jumper could be allowed for !friendly, then remove !rtd for individual, that would fix a lot of complaints. Whenever I see people complaining not to kill them, they are jumping around. They don't !friendly because they physically can't rocket jump.

Offline Ἀΐδης

• Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Master
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2016, 12:37:47 PM »
If rocket jumper/sticky jumper could be allowed for !friendly, then remove !rtd for individual, that would fix a lot of complaints. Whenever I see people complaining not to kill them, they are jumping around. They don't !friendly because they physically can't rocket jump.

Instead of removing plugins for those reasons, why not suggest some jump maps to see if they can be added? Or maps meant for jumping around? Don't remove a plugin simply for that. There are other ways to go about problems.

Hades

Offline Peter Capaldi's Peter Capaldi

• Forum Veteran
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2016, 02:03:20 PM »

Instead of removing plugins for those reasons, why not suggest some jump maps to see if they can be added? Or maps meant for jumping around? Don't remove a plugin simply for that. There are other ways to go about problems.

Hades
We constantly get reports about how the reporter is being killed by another person. Other players even remind those complaining that there is a friendly option. To which most reply with: But I wont have my weapons to look at. Yes there are bugs with it, however No matter what system is introduced: It. Will. Be. Abused. That a simple law regarding humans. As for the bugs/glitches, Every. Single. Plugin. Has. Them. We have had crashes caused by Sourcemod, RTD, Sounds, Etc.. Yet we did not remove them. Criticism should be used to improve, not destroy something.

Do not take this post/reply in the wrong way, It is not targeted at anyone specifically.

Hades
I'm with Hades on this one. I really enjoyed the friendly command. Of course, I was one of the few who abused it on Towers to deny enemy players points and revenges. Unfortunately for me the friendly command can no longer be used outside of spawn. Rendering panic !friendly macros practically void. I implore SwapShop to keep the friendly mode for those who want to use it and not abuse it.

I would also like to stress a VIP variant of friendly, usable outside of spawn. This may encourage users to invest in VIP. I know I would certainly invest in VIP if such a thing was ever implemented. Perhaps it can be an expensive shop item instead. It doesn't particularly matter which method is used; as long as SwapShop receives more money from ads- resulting in more fun additions to the servers.

As Hades said, we should try to bring about positive outcomes when criticizing. We should attempt to turn each weakness into a strength- each failure into a success. Such is an elementary necessity of any growing foundation. Why not continue to seize that fact and grow?
« Last Edit: January 12, 2016, 02:10:40 PM by Peter Capaldi's Sunglasses »
~

Offline Ἀΐδης

• Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Master
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2016, 04:22:07 PM »
I have modified the poll so that players may change their vote should they feel the need to.

Hades

Offline Death™

• King Of Death
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Master
  • The Unholy King Of Death
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2016, 04:58:19 PM »
I voted to keep it by the way.

Offline murts

• Strumming your bum daily
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Veteran
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2016, 06:42:23 PM »
I vote to get rid of it
counter sally strike go

Offline Hamtaro

• Server's Hamster
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Master
  • Hamha, how are you?
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2016, 06:04:48 AM »
At least the current !friendly isn't as abuse able as the previous one, considering that you cannot do !rtd or simply do !friendly to run away from battles while in the middle of a map.
I don't bite, so feel free to message me if anything.
Hablo español con gran fluidez, asi que deje un mensaje si tienes dudas.

Offline Minion of Set

• The Intimidating One
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Poster
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2016, 06:26:35 PM »
Considering the amount of bugs that can happen when updates come, and in the past we had several issues with it, I voted to have it removed. I mean sure, people use it to run away from a fight, but in my opinion, if someone's trying to kill you, grow a pair and show them why it's a bad idea to mess with you. Trust me, if you kill someone repeatedly for killing you on purpose once they ask you to stop. I do this just about every day on our servers and due to this, few people bug me for little reason. This allows me to walk around freely without someone trying to shoot me every time I step out of spawn.
Words of Wisdom: Never piss off an engineer, because he will get your balls, no matter what you do

Offline Death™

• King Of Death
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Master
  • The Unholy King Of Death
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2016, 06:37:16 PM »
The only reason I think that !friendly would be kept is the issue that a majority of players do not think as you have suggested. Some simply do not want to fight back against gameplay-aggressive players.

Offline Hamtaro

• Server's Hamster
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Master
  • Hamha, how are you?
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2016, 06:54:11 PM »
The only reason I think that !friendly would be kept is the issue that a majority of players do not think as you have suggested. Some simply do not want to fight back against gameplay-aggressive players.

Reading this reminded me of an old, ooold verion of !friendly that allowed weapons and everything, arrows didn't damage anyone nor could the player !rtd. When doing !friendly to enable it, they would die and respawn with !friendly properties. They would die once they disabled it again. It was the least bugged version, though not sure if the updates made this a non-working version.

Offline Biscuit

• Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Veteran
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2016, 10:09:21 PM »
Seeing that the votes are even at this point, I am convinced that many of you feel the need to keep the option of !friendly for whatever reasons-whether they are stated above, or you just support it. I have changed my vote from "remove it completely" to "keep it". I first thought in the beginning that it would be nearly unanimous to delete !friendly and get the buggiest thing in the universe out of the way. I was obviously wrong.

My reasoning for voting to keep it is simple. I am in no state of opposition towards removing it, I just felt that mob mentality and majority vote would influence my say in all of this. The !friendly plugin is not something I have ever been frustrated about or had major issues with, I normally push any minor problems aside, but I'm willing to keep it if it makes the other ~50% of this community happy. I cannot vote to get rid of it because I do not feel as if it would escalate my argument to remove it any more than it would my argument to keep it.

I vote to keep it.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2016, 10:15:26 PM by Biscuit »
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Offline Hamtaro

• Server's Hamster
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Master
  • Hamha, how are you?
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2016, 05:53:07 AM »
... I updated the post I made about current bugs with !friendly. I think this would tide the sides from a different perspective. Perhaps the previous !friendly was better.

Offline Psy

• Butt Administrator
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Master
  • I'm retarded.
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2016, 12:44:42 PM »
Topic locked.
AFK like JFK