• April 28, 2024, 07:10:42 AM

Author Topic: Pixels303 back?  (Read 11000 times)

Offline Fractal3

• Forum Member
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Pixels303 back?
« on: February 01, 2016, 02:32:44 PM »
POLL: It would be beneficial to the group to know which condition is not acceptable and why, if you choose to elaborate why you voted no.

I have had a few people ask me to come back as an Admin.  I always had two conditions, one to join "if" Hades was not a staff member and two if Death showed interest in what I had to say on that matter and showed some faith and objectivity regarding my advice on these matters. 

Now hearing that Hades is gone, I have been giving it more thought.

Before spending any efforts re-applying, I need to publicly evaluate if it is worth my time doing so.
For those who know me will understand why I am posting this.  Comments similar to "Pixels acted like a twelve year old not getting what they want" are not conducive to me re-applying. 

The following conditions must be met prior to my re-applying:

1: Statements by Death "pixels could no longer post his hate and slander about us" should be corrected in my "gone"http://tf2swapshop.com/forum/index.php?topic=246thread.  No such activity occurred and that type of statement is unjustified.

2: Trust is Paramount.  I can rely that I can be trusted.  I do not associate with those who question trust without adequate reasoning or justification.  Ignorance is just cause not to trust, but not enough to question without openness to learn the details first.

3: Blacklist will be created for those who will not be promoted and association with blacklisted members will substantiate demotion. 

4: Answers as to who made the final decision to fastrack Hades as an admin despite my expressed displeasure, who banned me from the forums and who banned me from the servers must be answered with a explanation as to why, even if done privately.

5: Death makes a honest effort in being active in forum changes.  The leader of this community should be Death.  He must be willing to being a voice in the community and willing / capable to advocate for it's members in a just manner.

6: Death must endorse my re-joining the community regardless of vote count.

I have no idea what the thoughts are on this topic.  Some of you may see this coming across as "arrogant" having a member tally conditions for becoming a staff member of this community.   Just look at it like you are buying a Car,  something you will work to pay for is spending your time working towards, you must ensure that you are not wasting your time on a lemon that keeps breaking down on you, you can't find parts for without paying alot of money for or is serviced by a dealer who routinely rips you off.  It is always a good idea evaluating if it is worth your time doing something before doing it and if it can be beneficial and well received by others.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2016, 03:13:13 PM by Pixels303 »

Offline BloodRain

• Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Hero
  • "Even lies contain some truth."
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Re: Pixels303 back?
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2016, 02:52:46 PM »
Since Pixels has been gone, many changes have been made to the servers, website, and Staff list since. Of course, if he does come back, we would surely have more help, which is useful.

I have never spoken with or associated myself with Pixels before, so I don't know much about his personality since I only have text in previous conversations as reference.

My judgement at this moment is that I don't mind if he rejoins the community or not.

We'll see where it goes from here, I'm here with open arms.

Blood

Offline murts

• Strumming your bum daily
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Veteran
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2016, 03:06:56 PM »
Im pretty new to the whole admin thing and dont really know what happen between you two that made you want to leave but the past is the past so im alright with allowing you back. I hope that if you do get to comeback that it will make a diffrence for everyone let it be staff, players etc.
counter sally strike go

Offline Fractal3

• Forum Member
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2016, 03:12:10 PM »
edited (no delete option for post)
« Last Edit: February 01, 2016, 03:14:00 PM by Pixels303 »

Offline Death™

• King Of Death
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Master
  • The Unholy King Of Death
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2016, 04:03:15 PM »
I don't have any issues with you returning to our community.
However I see issues with the following condition:

3: Blacklist will be created for those who will not be promoted and association with blacklisted members will substantiate demotion.

I know there are many admins here, myself included that remain friends with Hades despite his departure.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2016, 04:09:55 PM by Death™ »

Offline Sixteen

• Veteran SwapShopper
  • Forum Hero
  • I have more to my story than you think.
    • Steam Profile Page
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2016, 05:47:59 PM »
I am going to vote no.

It's too soon. I had a whole thing I was going to write, but it is unnecessary and it might lead to unnecessary conflict that I don't feel like starting. I respect you. If you returned, I know you would do more good than harm. I just believe it is too soon. If you wait a bit and apply, I would be all for it.

~16
Yeah, I know. Or at least, soon enough.
~16

Offline Sixteen

• Veteran SwapShopper
  • Forum Hero
    • Steam Profile Page
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2016, 05:58:31 PM »
Also, forum wise, I would not be surprised if once again I am back. Man I hate the feeling of having written the "Goodbye all" and then moments later be like "I'm back". But whatever. I am still perma-banned due to my own request, and that has worked out, so I think I'm gonna keep it like that. The odds of me trying to remove that later in time is very likely because of the devil on my shoulder telling me what to do, but until then, I am going to be forum bound and hopefully I will stay away from trying to become admin.
~16
~16

Offline Fractal3

• Forum Member
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2016, 06:41:39 PM »
Man I hate the feeling of having written the "Goodbye all" and then moments later be like "I'm back".
~16

For me, It's been almost like a year (8 months).  That isn't a moment for me.
Not sure what your issues were.  There were many more before you who lacked certain attributes to remain an Admin, by choice or choice by someone else.  All we can do is our best helping one another and remaining objective.  I have found it difficult to communicate with you in the past, so I am not sure what your issues are / were.  I hope you feel good about your choices, as they are not always easy. It all comes down to principals, and how many you are willing to bend.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2016, 06:47:04 PM by Pixels303 »

Offline Sixteen

• Veteran SwapShopper
  • Forum Hero
    • Steam Profile Page
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2016, 07:14:20 PM »
Well, given the point of this post, I have made my choice. I do not think now is the time for you to return as administrator.
~16
~16

Offline Seventeen

• Forum Member
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2016, 07:46:40 PM »
Even though I have had very little interaction with Pixels, I feel that he should get another shot. I have taken into account the things I have heard from other admins and most of the stories are the same but, with all that considered, I am happy to see you making an effort in coming back to the servers and possibly, a staff position.

~17
A persons character is not measured by what one has done wrong but, how one has learned from said mistakes. (Seventeen)

Offline Fractal3

• Forum Member
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2016, 03:23:19 PM »
Everyone had ample opportunity to participate.

Remember, I was not demoted, I left the community for principals which I value.  What happened after I left, only cemented my decision that my input and energy was not valued by everyone. 

I will remain open if Death changes his mind by taking steps to make appropriate corrections / actions.  My participation in managing this community has conditions which must be met; as such currently do not permit my energy spent on this community as a staff member.

Thanks for everyone's time, this post can be closed.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2016, 01:59:35 PM by Pixels303 »

Offline Death™

• King Of Death
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Master
  • The Unholy King Of Death
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2016, 04:31:23 PM »
I will never endorse the creation of a blacklist that's sole existence is a reason to remove current staff that are friends with individuals previously removed.

That's like saying you will be fired from a job for being friends with someone who no longer works there...

Am I the only one who sees issue with this?

Offline mia

• TF2SS's Little Pwincess~
  • Server Administrator
  • Forum Veteran
  • Bunny is my happiness. <3
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2016, 04:39:08 PM »
No, I thought it was unfair as well. It's like saying who can and can't be friends with. When it's really your choice, and not theirs.
Tiny Baby Legs

Offline Sixteen

• Veteran SwapShopper
  • Forum Hero
    • Steam Profile Page
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2016, 04:42:26 PM »
Well, there is one example where who you are friends with is required, and that is that every admin should be friends with every other admin. Otherwise, if it is just some random player, you can choose whether or not you want to friend them.
~16
~16

Offline Chrid

• Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Poster
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2016, 05:13:17 PM »
"If somebody is gracious enough to give me a second chance, I won't need a third."
~Pete Rose

I have no idea what happened prior to me being here, but I always believe in second chances. If everyone can agree to get along then why not?