• April 27, 2024, 01:39:17 PM

Author Topic: ConTekk - Game Server Admin Application  (Read 4475 times)

Offline Rick :)

• Forum Visitor
  • I care, or i do not, there is no in between
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
ConTekk - Game Server Admin Application
« on: January 21, 2016, 05:19:54 PM »
1. Which position do you wish to apply for?
Game Server Admin

2. Do you have a microphone that you are willing to use?
Yes

3. Age:

4. What Time Zone do you live in?
Pacific

5. List and describe any previous supervisory, administrative or management experience,­ in or out of the game:
I don't have any previous administrative jobs, but I have been a head of a group, I have also helped players figure out if someone is cheating, I have helped people take care of unacceptable behavior on our servers

6. What are your goals in this community - or, why do you want to hold this position?
My goal is to keep the server happy and healthy for all players. I want to stand proudly by my favorite community and my favorite TF2 servers, I want to keep everyone on the servers happy, and everyone on the forums satisfied and happy!

7. How much time will you be able to spend:
A. On the servers?
I will be able to spend about 2-6 hours on the servers a day, Since I do have school. I will be willing to spend most of my TF2 time on the community, since that is what I normally do anyways.

B. On the forums?
I will spend about as much time on the forums as I will on the servers. Since I do indeed have School during the week, I will spend 2-6 hours during the week and 4-8 hours on the weekend, for I do spend most of my time on this server anyways.

8. How long have you been playing on our group of servers?
I have been playing on these servers for about 5 months now, I have some of the admins on my friends list, and I am learning more about the community every day.

9. List a reputation thread here (your SteamRep URL and/or other reputation threads):
http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198195205727

10. If you have alternate accounts, list any alternative accounts that you own:

11. Describe a time during which you lost control of your emotions:
I take this game, as it is. I have never lost control of my emotions, I stay calm and work it out with others. Compared to other players, I have never gotten mad or raged at the game of Team Fortress 2.

12. What do you consider in yourself to be strengths? What do you consider in yourself to be weaknesses?
A big strength of mine is my patience. No matter how mad another player is, or how mad they are trying to make me be, I will stay very calm and work it out with them. A big weakness of mine is the creativity part. I can fix problems that players create, but I am not very creative about how I fix them.

13. Assess these attributes from 1 to 10 based on how you see yourself:
  • Logical: 8
  • Patient: 10
  • Reactive: 6
  • Creative: 7
  • Polite: 10
  • Reasonable: 6
  • Objective: 5
  • Perceptive: 7
  • Compassionate: 4
  • Troubleshooter: 8

14. After you become an admin, how would you react to these situations below:
A: How would you deal with a person who was making racist comments?
I would give them a warning, like telling them to stop. Then, if they kept doing it, I would give them one more warning, this time warning them that I will kick them if they keep on being racist. Then, if they wont stop, I will kick them from the server. If they rejoin and keep being racist, I will contact another admin, and then, I will ban them from a server once both of us agree that we should.

B: A group of players are offended by remarks that another player made, but you yourself do not find them to be offensive. How would you respond?
I ask them exactly what they think the player is doing to them, and if it still doesn't seem logical, I will ask the player themselves what they meant. Then, I will ask the player to stop doing whatever offensive remark they were doing.

C: How would you deal with players who micspam?
I would tell them to stop micspamming, then if they keep on micspamming, I will warn them that I will kick them if they keep doing it. Then, if they won't stop, I will kick them. In a rare case of them coming back on, and they keep micspamming, I will warn them that they will be banned if they keep doing it. Then if they do not stop, I will be forced to ban them.

D: Another TF2SS admin is exploiting their powers in game; what will you do about it?
I will report them immediately to the forum and server administrators and owners of them abusing their admin abilities.

E: What would you do when answering a report that [username] is speed hacking on one of our servers?
I will join the server, see if they are actually speed hacking, if they are I will warn them that if they do not turn it off I will ban them, if the player was just lying about that, I will give them a warning that says: don't lie about players using cheats, if we see you doing this more than once, we will have to kick, or in an extreme case, ban you. Then, I will say the name of the player to a few other admins just so that if they see him doing it again, they can kick him, or ban him, if he has done it many times.

F: A regular user threatens to ban another player if they do not comply with rules that do not exist. What will you do about it?
I will say to them, your not an admin, so you cannot ban people, then, I will ask them what the other player was doing so I can actually see if they weren't following the rules, and if they weren't, I  will give them a warning, or kick them if they keep on doing it. If the player was simply lying, then I will give them  a warning, and if they keep on saying that, I will kick them from the server.

G: A group of enemy players dominate you, ignoring everyone else and changing teams if you join the team they are on, killing only you over and over again. What will you do about it?
I will simply ask them why they are doing it, in a calm, ordinary way. Then, if they say they hate me, or something like "I hate you", I will just talk to them about that, and we will find a solution, if they are simply being a racist person, or just being a jerk, i will give them a warning, then give them a second warning, then i will kick them, then i will give them a third warning if they rejoin and keep on doing it, i will be forced to ban them.

H: How do you deal with a player who comments publicly that: you are an asshole, the server sucks ass, and continues to insult anyone who kills them with profanity & by screaming on the mic?
I will do what I usually do, I will give them a warning to stop, but instead of giving them a second warning about it, I will just kick them. If they do rejoin and keep on doing it, I will be forced to ban them from the server.

I: A regular player on our server says that they will offer free godmode for anyone who trades a hat to them. What will you do about it?
I will tell them to stop saying that, by simply saying "your not an admin, you cannot give people god mode". And if they keep on doing it, I will give them 2 more warnings before I kick them, because I like to give everyone a fair chance. If they somehow give someone god mode, I will warn them only once to turn off the cheats before kicking them, then if they rejoin and keep doing the cheating , I will ban them from the server.

J: A player who bought the Headless Horsemann perk from the shop complains after another player slays him/her. What do you tell the slayed Headless Horsemann player?
I tell him to calm down and I talk to him about it, then if he keeps doing it, i will kindly ask him to stop, then, i will give him 4 more friendly warnings, and try to help him, before I am actually forced to kick him.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2016, 12:04:13 AM by ConTekk »

Offline Biscuit

• Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Veteran
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Re: ConTekk - Game Server Admin Application
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2016, 09:49:24 PM »
I would give them a warning, like telling them to stop. Then, if they kept doing it, I would give them one more warning, this time warning them that I will kick them if they keep on being racist. Then, if they wont stop, I will kick them from the server. If they rejoin and keep being racist, I will contact another admin, and then, I will ban them from a server once both of us agree that we should.
The warnings that you issue are good, but what if there were no other admins online and you were the only one there to resolve the issue? You wouldn't need to contact another admin, considering you already are one. Judgement is completely upon your view of the situation. If you feel that they should be kicked or muted for racism, then do what you feel is right.

I would tell them to stop micspamming, then if they keep on micspamming, I will warn them that I will kick them if they keep doing it. Then, if they won't stop, I will kick them. In a rare case of them coming back on, and they keep micspamming, I will warn them that they will be banned if they keep doing it. Then if they do not stop, I will be forced to ban them.
I don't know if you knew already or not, but there is an option to just mute people-whether it's muting them in the chat (gag) or you mute their mic (mute). No need to go so far as to ban them.

G: A group of enemy players dominate you, ignoring everyone else and changing teams if you join the team they are on, killing only you over and over again. What will you do about it?
I will simply ask them why they are doing it, in a calm, ordinary way. Then, if they say they hate me, or something like "I hate you", I will just talk to them about that, and we will find a solution, if they are simply being a racist person, or just being a jerk, i will give them a warning, then give them a second warning, then i will kick them, then i will give them a third warning if they rejoin and keep on doing it, i will be forced to ban them.

The area highlighted in yellow leans away from the actual question itself. What would you do if the players do not say anything, they do not communicate with you, they don't make any contact via voice or text and are following you and dominating you?

H: How do you deal with a player who comments publicly that: you are an asshole, the server sucks ass, and continues to insult anyone who kills them with profanity & by screaming on the mic?
I will do what I usually do, I will give them a warning to stop, but instead of giving them a second warning about it, I will just kick them. If they do rejoin and keep on doing it, I will be forced to ban them from the server.
Why only 1 warning here?
I: A regular player on our server says that they will offer free godmode for anyone who trades a hat to them. What will you do about it?
I will tell them to stop saying that, by simply saying "your not an admin, you cannot give people god mode". And if they keep on doing it, I will give them 2 more warnings before I kick them, because I like to give everyone a fair chance. If they somehow give someone god mode, I will warn them only once to turn off the cheats before kicking them, then if they rejoin and keep doing the cheating , I will ban them from the server.
Why 4 warnings here? This is considered a scam, since giving someone godmode is out of a normal player's control.
J: A player who bought the Headless Horsemann perk from the shop complains after another player slays him/her. What do you tell the slayed Headless Horsemann player?
I tell him to calm down and I talk to him about it, then if he keeps doing it, i will kindly ask him to stop, then, i will give him 4 more friendly warnings, and try to help him, before I am actually forced to kick him.
Why would you kick the person who bought the "Slay a Player" perk from the shop? It's perfectly legal and is not against the rules to use !shop at any time.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2016, 09:56:12 PM by Biscuit »
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Offline Death™

• King Of Death
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Master
  • The Unholy King Of Death
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2016, 01:03:37 PM »
Because you did not reply to our admins' questions, your application has been suspended.

You have another 7 days to respond until your application is closed.

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2016, 02:12:11 PM »
The warnings that you issue are good, but what if there were no other admins online and you were the only one there to resolve the issue? You wouldn't need to contact another admin, considering you already are one. Judgement is completely upon your view of the situation. If you feel that they should be kicked or muted for racism, then do what you feel is right.

I don't know if you knew already or not, but there is an option to just mute people-whether it's muting them in the chat (gag) or you mute their mic (mute). No need to go so far as to ban them.

The area highlighted in yellow leans away from the actual question itself. What would you do if the players do not say anything, they do not communicate with you, they don't make any contact via voice or text and are following you and dominating you?

Why only 1 warning here?
Why 4 warnings here? This is considered a scam, since giving someone godmode is out of a normal player's control.
Why would you kick the person who bought the "Slay a Player" perk from the shop? It's perfectly legal and is not against the rules to use !shop at any time.
1.How would you deal with a person who was making racist comments?
I would ether give them another warning, or simply have to ban them after warning them that they will et banned if they do not stop.
2.How would you deal with players who micspam?
I would Stick with the warnings, but instead of banning them, I would mute them.
3.A group of enemy players dominate you, ignoring everyone else and changing teams if you join the team they are on, killing only you over and over again. What will you do about it?
I would still give them a few warnings, like say " I will kick you if you do not stop targeting me" But, if they do not respond to the first 2-3 warnings, I will kick them, if they rejoin, I will give them another warning, but this time I will warn about banning them for a short period of time ( I wouldn't ban someone doing something like this permanently), then, I will ban them for the period of time I think they deserve based off their actions if they keep doing it.
4.How do you deal with a player who comments publicly that: you are an asshole, the server sucks ass, and continues to insult anyone who kills them with profanity & by screaming on the mic?
You know what, not that I think about it, it sounds fair to give them 2-3 warnings instead of one because people should always get a few chances to stop before I actually kick them. So in a sense, I would actually give them 2-3 warnings to give them a fair chance.
5.A regular player on our server says that they will offer free godmode for anyone who trades a hat to them. What will you do about it?
I actually, realistically give them 2 warnings instead of 4, because as you said, its a scam, so they are making other players annoyed, so it would be more like me to give them only 2 chances.
6.A player who bought the Headless Horsemann perk from the shop complains after another player slays him/her. What do you tell the slayed Headless Horsemann player?
Now that I think about it, I would give them 4 warnings them mute their chat/mike (whatever they are using), but I would only do it for a short period of time, so that they can still have fun buying it but not complain to other players about it, that seems more fair to everyone!

Offline Death™

• King Of Death
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Master
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2016, 02:53:18 PM »
Thank you for the response.

Your application has been re-opened.

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2016, 08:04:58 PM »
I forgot to add my steam profile, so here it is:
http://steamcommunity.com/id/xxxScoutxxx

Offline Death™

• King Of Death
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Master
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2016, 08:10:01 PM »
Okay, thanks for the information.

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2016, 02:04:51 PM »
When do you think you will decide whether to accept or deny my admin forum?

Offline Psy

• Butt Administrator
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Master
  • I'm retarded.
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2016, 02:57:42 PM »
Hello there. Please keep in mind that it takes us a whole week to decide so our decision will be made on the 31st. Your application was also temporarily suspended so that added a few days.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2016, 03:00:37 PM by Psykotik »
AFK like JFK

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2016, 04:50:54 PM »
sounds good.

Offline Death™

• King Of Death
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Master
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2016, 11:17:25 AM »
Thank you for applying for TF2SwapShop administration, however we regret to inform you that we feel that you do not satisfy our standards for server administrators at the moment.

You may re-apply again after 6 months has passed.

Application denied.