• March 29, 2024, 07:59:19 AM

Author Topic: Psykotik  (Read 4304 times)

Offline eggsdee

• Forum Visitor
  • dogs are wack, cats smoke crack
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Psykotik
« on: February 19, 2016, 06:55:16 PM »
Today I was on a trade server with friends, and one of them is young. He uses the mic, and has a high pitched voice. Now I will admit, he was insulting, which I've read and understood is against the rules. An admin, (psykotik), was called, and voted to mute him, due to breaking the rules. But earlier when he joined, another player, was insulting my young friend, calling him a girl for his high pitched voice, and just basically insulting him because he was a, dare I say, "squeaker". Psykotik was there during that insulting player, and did nothing. I reminded him about those insults, and yet he just said "I have my reasons so back off.", completely disregarding the other person that insulted my young friend. Since insulting is against the rules, and he wasn't just insulting, he was being purely vulger, and that the admin, (psykotik), disregarded that, I feel that something should be done.
Thank you for reading this,
~Mahogany

A bucket of chicken Rose.

Offline Death™

• King Of Death
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Master
  • The Unholy King Of Death
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Re: Psykotik
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2016, 07:02:49 PM »
Do you have any screenshots, etc. that we can base your report off of?

Offline Psy

• Butt Administrator
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Master
  • I'm retarded.
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2016, 07:20:17 PM »
I had stated my reasons already and I will do so again.

- When I joined he was insulting some players and I witnessed him do it.
- You claim that others were "micspamming" and insulting him. Well the thing is, I wasn't there at the time so I can't just hand out punishments. That one person that you did mention though, I believe it was TurdBurglar, WAS insulting him but he stopped.
- I called a vote which means it was entirely up to the players of the server to do so. Did I force mute him without considering others' feelings? No. Most of the server was annoyed by him and the Yes votes outweighed the No votes.

By the way, I only muted and gagged him for an hour. Also, I don't know why you and another player named Love and Darkness kept insisting it was "age discrimination." If it seemed like age discrimination, I apologize for that but I muted and gagged him for the reasons stated above. And I remember you telling everyone that we "could just mute him ourselves." That's not how it works, otherwise admins wouldn't even have the commands for muting and gagging. And why should players have to waste their individual time to mute someone when an admin can call a vote and mute the player for everyone?

The way you reacted to the situation was very rude and inconsiderate so I won't be unmuting him because you haven't really stated any valid reasons for me being abusive. And you twisted the story too because I stated my reasons and you and your friend continually insulted me telling me that I'm a horrible admin and that I'm discriminant towards children. I told you that "I have my reasons so back off" because I calmly told you three times already about my reasons before I left the server. I would've gagged you and your friend but I wanted to make sure you guys would have the chance to state your arguments.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2016, 07:38:50 PM by Psykotik »
AFK like JFK

Offline Biscuit

• Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Veteran
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2016, 07:26:44 PM »
In no way can this be considered admin abuse, however, if you have actual evidence of anything that occurred it would definitely further this report much faster.

I do see where you're coming from with the whole "child discrimination" thing, but remember this: if an adult was spamming on the mic would it be considered age discrimination? If someone of a very young age was spamming the mic, would it be considered age discrimination?
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Offline Death™

• King Of Death
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Master
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2016, 08:01:26 PM »
You are making posts on other parts of the forum as I type this, so I am curious as to whether or not you have any further input to your report's replies; otherwise, I will close the report under the assumption that it's inactive.

Offline mia

• TF2SS's Little Pwincess~
  • Server Administrator
  • Forum Veteran
  • Bunny is my happiness. <3
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2016, 08:02:53 PM »
Psy is honestly a good admin and knows what he's doing. I don't see how any of that is abuse, when he was simply doing his job. If you find it to be abuse, fine. That's your opinion. We however, don't see it that way. I wish you could also see things not only from your point of view, but from ours as well. It's only an hour, it's not that long of a wait. But I do thank you for coming to the forums about it, regardless of who's innocent or not.
Tiny Baby Legs

Offline Biscuit

• Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Veteran
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2016, 08:31:37 PM »
Please state how Psykotik has abused his powers, as he has not done anything that would be considered abuse. Admin abuse is not "ignoring" someone who shares the same opinion as the rest of the server and chooses to speak out about it. This person you are complaining about thought the same thing that the rest of the server did; he just happened to use his mic to talk about it.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Offline eggsdee

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2016, 08:34:37 PM »
Well after reviewing all the posts, It becomes more clear to me that my judgement was most likely clouded. I would like to apologize Psykotik for being harsh, and that we can move past this. I am sorry that this whole argument had to happen.

~Mahogany

Offline Psy

• Butt Administrator
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Master
  • I'm retarded.
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2016, 08:37:02 PM »
You are forgiven and I do not hold any grudge against you or your friends. I would also like to apologize for any misunderstanding between us.
AFK like JFK

Offline eggsdee

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2016, 08:39:53 PM »
All is forgiven, I am glad that we can move past this!

Offline Death™

• King Of Death
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Master
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2016, 08:47:29 PM »
Thank you for posting your report on the forums.

Since the mute on your friend was only one hour, it has expired by now anyways. Your friend may feel free to use his microphone on our servers again, however we advise that he be cautious about his behavior.

Topic locked.