• April 29, 2024, 02:08:46 AM

Author Topic: abogart7b - Game Server Admin Application  (Read 4061 times)

Offline abogart7b

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
abogart7b - Game Server Admin Application
« on: March 04, 2016, 11:25:42 PM »
1. Which position do you wish to apply for?
Game Server Admin

2. Do you have a microphone that you are willing to use?
yes, but it is optional to have it connected to my headset/ Yes

3. Age:
13, the date of birth was May/9th/2002

4. What Time Zone do you live in?
PST

5. List and describe any previous supervisory, administrative or management experience,­ in or out of the game:
i have no experience on administration or management but i wanted to see if i could support the server and make sure everything is fair and balanced

6. What are your goals in this community - or, why do you want to hold this position?
i always loved this type of server since it offers nfinite credits, and much more, but mainly i wanted to donate my time to ensure that people love this server

7. How much time will you be able to spend:
A. On the servers?
i can usually be able to spend about 50% or more of my casual playtime, my casual playtime can be estimated to about 5 or so more hours

B. On the forums?
not to much but at times i tend to wonder through them

8. How long have you been playing on our group of servers?
i don't know, but i do remember spending all of my game time on trade plaza 2

9. List a reputation thread here (your SteamRep URL and/or other reputation threads):
(profile page --->)http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198134679653/
i don't usually have much up reputation but i do have one for being a good trader :3 (don't get those very often ;(   )

10. If you have alternate accounts, list any alternative accounts that you own:
don't own any alternate accounts

11. Describe a time during which you lost control of your emotions:
the only time when i would *lose control* was when someone like an aimbotter keeps typing *rekt* when he/she headshot me or just a squeaker just p*ssing me off

12. What do you consider in yourself to be strengths? What do you consider in yourself to be weaknesses?
i can be easily manipulated when people tryhard, aimbot(like i said before), or just plain *rub it in*, i don't know much about strengths, but at times i just dont care

13. Assess these attributes from 1 to 10 based on how you see yourself:
  • Logical: 7
  • Patient: 5
  • Reactive: 5
  • Creative: 3
  • Polite: 10
  • Reasonable: 6
  • Objective: 5
  • Perceptive: 5
  • Compassionate: 5
  • Troubleshooter: 5

14. After you become an admin, how would you react to these situations below:
A: How would you deal with a person who was making racist comments?
i would give out a warning and try to reason with them to stop, if not i would gag of some sort

B: A group of players are offended by remarks that another player made, but you yourself do not find them to be offensive. How would you respond?
i would find a way to understand how they feel, and comprehend what the conflict is then i find out how to solve the problem

C: How would you deal with players who micspam?
i would give a warning and i will explain why no one likes micspammers, and why it is against the rules (because it voices over other people's voices)

D: Another TF2SS admin is exploiting their powers in game; what will you do about it?
i will alert any higher powered members (the OWNER/ death?) and warn the abusive admin to stop, if not they will be striped of their powers/temporarily banned/etc... (depends), or i will immediately ban that player permanently, regardeless of what has been done

E: What would you do when answering a report that [username] is speed hacking on one of our servers?
i would either temporary ban the player, permanently ban, or rarely kick (i hate hackers/ script kitties)

F: A regular user threatens to ban another player if they do not comply with rules that do not exist. What will you do about it?
i would warn the player threatening the other using for a ban,or further harrassment(if spelled correctly) could resolve in a kick and so forth, and i will notify the other user that the other player is lying/ impersonating an admin

G: A group of enemy players dominate you, ignoring everyone else and changing teams if you join the team they are on, killing only you over and over again. What will you do about it?
i would just ignore it and play the game, if it came to a certain point i would just take a break, maybe give a good comment on the domination, but also say that it isn't cool just aiming for one person, and i might get offline possibly

H: How do you deal with a player who comments publicly that: you are an asshole, the server sucks ass, and continues to insult anyone who kills them with profanity & by screaming on the mic?
i would warn them, if it continuse i would gag/mute or possibly kick/ban temporarily for them to *cool off*

I: A regular player on our server says that they will offer free godmode for anyone who trades a hat to them. What will you do about it?
i would instantly temporary ban/kick the player for scamming  the other players on the server and i would notify the user who was scammed that he/she the user that was impersonating an admin, was lying to get free hats, currency, etc..., and i would find a way to cheer them up if i could* (such as server credits, fun, anything i can do to make he/she feel better)

J: A player who bought the Headless Horsemann perk from the shop complains after another player slays him/her. What do you tell the slayed Headless Horsemann player?
you did great, but you have to die sometime, and that it takes a lot of skill to deafeat the horseman so quickly, or atleast at all,or i would just find the best way to fit a positive comment on the situation to in hopes make the person happy 
« Last Edit: March 05, 2016, 12:20:46 AM by abogart7b »

Offline Ἀΐδης

• Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Master
  • What is it you truly seek to obtain?
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Re: abogart7b - Game Server Admin Application
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2016, 11:41:30 PM »

I'm sorry but looking at your application, it isn't really professional. Your grammar, spelling, and sentence structure is not great. Being administrator requires communication skills that you just don't have yet due to being young.  Also to keep in mind that TF2 is rated M(aka 18) for mature last I checked. Despite this, having an min. age requirement of 16 helps aid in making sure that potential administrators are ready for this kind of role. You need more experience under your belt in my opinion. These reasons are why my gif is present.

Hades
« Last Edit: March 04, 2016, 11:54:36 PM by Hades »

Offline BloodRain

• Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Hero
  • "Even lies contain some truth."
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2016, 12:07:15 AM »

2. Do you have a microphone that you are willing to use?
No

3. Age:

7. How much time will you be able to spend:
A. On the servers?
i can usually be able to spend about 50% or more of my casual playtime

E: What would you do when answering a report that [username] is speed hacking on one of our servers?
i would either temporary ban the player, permanently ban, or rarely kick (i hate hackers/ script kitties)

2) Would you be able to obtain one if your application was considered?

3) The age requirement for applying for Staff is 16, but your application may still be considered.
Do you mind providing the date of your birth?

7) Can you please be a bit more specific? Approximately, how long is your "casual playtime?"

E) You only need to ban the individual (if they were actually hacking), because cheating is and will never be tolerated.

Blood
« Last Edit: March 05, 2016, 12:10:36 AM by BloodRain »

Offline mental

• °
  • Forum Hero
  • Whoever threw that paper, your moms a hoe.
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2016, 01:36:57 AM »

I'm sorry but looking at your application, it isn't really professional. Your grammar, spelling, and sentence structure is not great. Being administrator requires communication skills that you just don't have yet due to being young.  Also to keep in mind that TF2 is rated M(aka 18) for mature last I checked. Despite this, having an min. age requirement of 16 helps aid in making sure that potential administrators are ready for this kind of role. You need more experience under your belt in my opinion. These reasons are why my gif is present.

Hades
I completely agree with Hades, This does not look professional to me, but It can be up to negotiation. The age group is a problem though :| Anyway good luck my friend, and hopefully this will work out for you.

Offline Death™

• King Of Death
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Master
  • The Unholy King Of Death
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2016, 09:56:29 AM »
You must be at least 16 years of age in order to apply for administration. As a result,

Your application has been denied.

You may reapply again once you have met our requirements.