• March 28, 2024, 08:11:10 PM

Author Topic: Generic Username (Example?) - Fake Admin Application  (Read 7716 times)

Offline BloodRain

• Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Hero
  • "Even lies contain some truth."
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Generic Username (Example?) - Fake Admin Application
« on: April 17, 2016, 12:23:53 AM »
1. Which position do you wish to apply for?
Game Server Admin

2. Do you have a microphone that you are willing to use?
Yes

3. Age:

4. What Time Zone do you live in?
Any timezone that isn't PST or EST

5. List and describe any previous supervisory, administrative or management experience,­ in or out of the game:
I have worked on past assignments for Valve as a Level Designer and Effects Artist in my past years, and I've been part of multiple server groups involving Garry's Mod. I've noticed the kind of care that this community has given to the servers and players, so I wish to be a part of that.

6. What are your goals in this community - or, why do you want to hold this position?
My goal in this community is to be able to make sure that everyone is able to be in a safe and stable environment while playing on the servers. I will make sure to answer as many reports as I can that come in; even those that come in while there aren't too many other Admins around.

7. How much time will you be able to spend:
A. On the servers?
Roughly 7 hours every 2 days.

B. On the forums?
Full-time.

8. How long have you been playing on our group of servers?
About 3 years.

9. List a reputation thread here (your SteamRep URL and/or other reputation threads):
www.steamrep.com/user/thisisfakedontclickit

10. If you have alternate accounts, list any alternative accounts that you own:
[None]

11. Describe a time when you lost control of your emotions and how you were able to cope with the situation:
One time when I was 17, my brother and I were very competitive. On this once sunny day down at the lunch tables at our school, we were having an argument about something that I cannot remember. I can however, remember both of our heads turning as we noticed this really good-looking chick that walked by. He told me that he was going to ask her out to prom before I did. So, when prom was around the corner, he made sure that I wouldn't even be able to go in the first place. When we were walking back from school two days before prom, he pushed me into an intersection, where I had been hit by a car. I had miraculously survived, but my brother got to take her to the prom. I had not told anyone what had really happened, for the sake of saving him from the backlash. I did, however, tell that one girl, who had dumped him afterwards.

12. What do you consider in your personality to be strengths? What do you consider in your personality to be weaknesses?
My strengths would be that I am extremely reliable when carrying out certain tasks, I can express myself in ways that are easily understandable, and I would never joke around in a time where it would seem inappropriate.

My weaknesses are that I do not like making promises due to the fear of not meeting up to them, I'm usually very worrisome of certain people, and I absolutely hate being the center of attention.

13. Assess these attributes from 1 to 10 based on how you see yourself:
  • Logical: 7
  • Patient: 9
  • Reactive: 7
  • Creative: 8
  • Polite: 9
  • Reasonable: 8
  • Objective: 7
  • Perceptive: 9
  • Compassionate: 9
  • Troubleshooter: 7

14. After you become an admin, how would you react to these situations below:
A: How would you deal with a person who was making racist comments?
I would first ask that person to stop making rude/discriminating comments, and leave them off with a warning. If they don't, I would warrent a kick. If they come back and continue to do the same, I would mute them temporarily.

If for some reason that they continue after the temporary mute/gag, I would silence them permanently.

B: A group of players are offended by remarks that another player made, but you yourself do not find them to be offensive. How would you respond?
I would kindly ask that player if they can stop making those remarks. If they don't, I would tell the other group of players that what they're saying isn't against the rules, and if they don't like it, they may leave if they wish.

C: How would you deal with players who micspam?
I would first make a vote to see if a majority of the server is fine with the micspam. If the vote wasn't anywhere near a majority, I would ask the spammer to stop. If they didn't, I would warrent a kick. If they came back and continued to do the same thing as before, I would mute them temporarily.

If they continued after the temporary mute, I would extend the mute duration. I would continue to extend it until they had given up or stopped.

D: Another TF2SS admin is exploiting their powers in game; what will you do about it?
I would ask for that Admin to stop doing what would normally be considered abuse to other players. If they didn't, I would make sure to contact the Head Staff immediately.

E: What would you do when answering a report that [username] is speed hacking on one of our servers?
I would connect to the server and go into spectator mode. If I see any player with sketchy movements combined with a new Steam profile, I would ban them.

If their profile isn't new and I'm still suspicious of them, I would request assistance from another Administrator.

F: A regular user threatens to ban another player if they do not comply with rules that do not exist. What will you do about it?
I would tell that user that those alleged rules listed are not part of our server rules, and to not listen to that individual.

G: A group of enemy players dominate you, ignoring everyone else and changing teams if you join the team they are on, killing only you over and over again. What will you do about it?
I would use my credits to buy my way into getting my revenge back. If I didn't possess the credits, I would leave the game and go do something else.

H: How do you deal with a player who comments publicly that: you are an asshole, the server sucks ass, and continues to insult anyone who kills them with profanity & by screaming on the mic?
I would ask nicely for that person to stop speading negativity through the mic. If they don't, I would give them a warning. If they continued after the warning, it would lead to a kick, and later silencing them if they chose not to stop.

I: A regular player on our server says that they will offer free godmode for anyone who trades a hat to them. What will you do about it?
I would ban the user for attempting to scam someone. That kind of shady business practice should never be allowed or tolerated on any server.

J: A player who bought the Headless Horsemann perk from the shop complains after another player slays him/her. What do you tell the slayed Headless Horsemann player?
There is a reason why members are capable of purchasing these kinds of shop perks: from playing on these servers for a long time. We apologize if this seems inconvenient to you. We hope you have a great day.

(...can you imagine if this was real? Lol.)

« Last Edit: April 17, 2016, 12:25:45 AM by BloodRain »

Offline BloodRain

• Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Hero
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Re: Generic Username (Example?) - Game Server Admin Application
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2016, 12:24:17 AM »
gg best app 10/10 automatically accepted.

Offline BloodRain

• Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Hero
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Re: Generic Username (Example?) - Fake Admin Application
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2016, 12:39:02 AM »
I made this mainly b/c I was bored. Deny it if you want, unless you want to make it have some sort of purpose.

Offline Psy

• Butt Administrator
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Master
  • I'm retarded.
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2016, 12:45:44 AM »
We don't need a review board for this. You're hired!
AFK like JFK

Offline BloodRain

• Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Hero
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2016, 12:57:20 AM »
We don't need a review board for this. You're hired!

;)

Offline Bored again

• Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Visitor
  • Just an ordinary boring person.
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2016, 01:19:47 AM »
dis sux  ;)

Offline cokedrip*

• The.. Youngest Admin?
  • Forum Member
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2016, 09:01:47 AM »
 This applicant has some trouble grasping the common grammatical rules.

DENIED!!!!11!!!11one!!!!1!

If a person says they're right, they're probably right. Probably.

Offline mia

• TF2SS's Little Pwincess~
  • Server Administrator
  • Forum Veteran
  • Bunny is my happiness. <3
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2016, 11:45:23 AM »
What kind of trash is this? We'll take it!
Tiny Baby Legs

Offline Biscuit

• Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Veteran
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2016, 11:50:17 AM »
DUDE HOW DID YOU MAKE THIS??? I WANNA TWYY..
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Offline mia

• Server Administrator
  • Forum Veteran
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2016, 11:55:21 AM »
DUDE HOW DID YOU MAKE THIS??? I WANNA TWYY..
I think it's just an app, that's pretty much for lawls
Tiny Baby Legs

Offline BloodRain

• Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Hero
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2016, 11:58:32 AM »
To be honest, this would be very similar to an application I would have made if I got denied the first time.

Offline Death™

• King Of Death
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Master
  • The Unholy King Of Death
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2016, 12:03:27 PM »
Congratulations,

Your application has satisfied our requirements for administration on our servers and met the standards of our staff. You are now a TF2SS Server Administrator.

Please accept my friend request and allow me to guide you through the promotion process.

Offline BloodRain

• Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Hero
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2016, 12:04:39 PM »
Congratulations,

Your application has satisfied our requirements for administration on our servers and met the standards of our staff. You are now a TF2SS Server Administrator.

Please accept my friend request and allow me to guide you through the promotion process.

Offline mia

• Server Administrator
  • Forum Veteran
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2016, 12:09:31 PM »
Welcome to the team, new admin!
Tiny Baby Legs