• April 27, 2024, 09:12:10 AM

Author Topic: Jman Gaming - Game Server Admin Application  (Read 4506 times)

Offline Jman Gaming

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Jman Gaming - Game Server Admin Application
« on: April 13, 2016, 08:43:46 PM »
1. Which position do you wish to apply for?
Game Server Admin

2. Do you have a microphone that you are willing to use?
Yes

3. Age:
16 15.

4. What Time Zone do you live in?
Pacific/West Coast US

5. List and describe any previous supervisory, administrative or management experience,­ in or out of the game:
Hosted Minecraft Server, and Moderate several servers on TF2, Garry's Mod, and a few more games.

6. What are your goals in this community - or, why do you want to hold this position?
To be a rule-enforcing, fun, and cool admin B)
I want to be admin because I have been playing on the TF2SwapShop servers for a long time now, and I have had a lot of fun with my time here :)

7. How much time will you be able to spend:
A. On the servers?
Few hours most days, sometimes rarely because my parents are divorced, and I have a bad computer on one side of the family and a good computer on the other. I could probably go on the servers because the maps aren't that laggy, but my internet is bad on one side.

B. On the forums?
I could check the forums every so often each day to make sure applications get reviewed for bot issues, reports of hacking, and admin applications. :P

8. How long have you been playing on our group of servers?
Quite a while, it is one of my most played servers, I don't know how to check, but I have played on the servers for a long time :)

9. List a reputation thread here (your SteamRep URL and/or other reputation threads):
SteamRep has no special reputation, 3 banned friends (out of almost 200)
I have a few +reps for being a good trader in the depths of my profile comments on steam :P
Edit: http://steamrep.com/index.php?id=76561198095202589

10. If you have alternate accounts, list any alternative accounts that you own:
No alternates :)

11. Describe a time when you lost control of your emotions and how you were able to cope with the situation:
I went (almost) insane and just felt humiliated for a while, but I just decided to let it pass and talk to people about it to get help :)

12. What do you consider in your personality to be strengths? What do you consider in your personality to be weaknesses?
Funny guy, can make people cheer up if they are feeling down, and weaknesses are I might be a little too kindhearted at times where people can use that to make people feel down, including me.

13. Assess these attributes from 1 to 10 based on how you see yourself:
  • Logical: 8
  • Patient: 6
  • Reactive: 9
  • Creative: 10
  • Polite: 7
  • Reasonable: 8
  • Objective: 7
  • Perceptive: 9
  • Compassionate: 10
  • Troubleshooter: 9

14. After you become an admin, how would you react to these situations below:
A: How would you deal with a person who was making racist comments?
Tell them to realize that everyone is still a person whether colored or not, and tell them to firmly stop.

B: A group of players are offended by remarks that another player made, but you yourself do not find them to be offensive. How would you respond?
People are offended by your comments, and I would kindly ask you to stop.

C: How would you deal with players who micspam?
Ask them to stop micspamming assertively, and to tell them that not everyone likes the micspam and it is annoying to the other players.

D: Another TF2SS admin is exploiting their powers in game; what will you do about it?
Report it to the Owners or higher-admins ASAP.

E: What would you do when answering a report that [username] is speed hacking on one of our servers?
Try to find him on a server, and prove it is true. If so, ban the user from the server, with an appeal disconnect message, and if not true, ask the user that reported the user why they false reported another user.

F: A regular user threatens to ban another player if they do not comply with rules that do not exist. What will you do about it?
Tell them the rules they are mentioning are not on the server, and tell them to stop spreading false-info.

G: A group of enemy players dominate you, ignoring everyone else and changing teams if you join the team they are on, killing only you over and over again. What will you do about it?
Not mind it. Fair play is fair play, but I would probably throw in a Headless Horseman somewhere :P

H: How do you deal with a player who comments publicly that: you are an asshole, the server sucks ass, and continues to insult anyone who kills them with profanity & by screaming on the mic?
1. Stop saying rude comments on other people,
2. Then why are you even on the server?
3. Stop being rude to other users.

I: A regular player on our server says that they will offer free godmode for anyone who trades a hat to them. What will you do about it?
Tell the player that they should stop trying to scam people and tell the other player to not believe scammers that can't give godmode, and just want free items.

J: A player who bought the Headless Horsemann perk from the shop complains after another player slays him/her. What do you tell the slayed Headless Horsemann player?
Well, I personally would say it is fair game, but for complaining I would definitely say that it is alright, and you could just stop complaining and try again next time.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2016, 07:07:27 AM by Jman Gaming »

Offline murts

• Strumming your bum daily
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Veteran
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Re: Jman Gaming - Game Server Admin Application
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2016, 09:16:10 PM »
G: A group of enemy players dominate you, ignoring everyone else and changing teams if you join the team they are on, killing only you over and over again. What will you do about it?
Not mind it. Fair play is fair play, but I would probably throw in a Headless Horseman somewhere 
What do you mean "throw in a HHH?"
counter sally strike go

Offline Jman Gaming

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2016, 09:51:48 PM »
Meant it as a joke, maybe spawn one in with some credits or something :P

Offline Psy

• Butt Administrator
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Master
  • I'm retarded.
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2016, 10:03:00 PM »

9. List a reputation thread here (your SteamRep URL and/or other reputation threads):
SteamRep has no special reputation, 3 banned friends (out of almost 200)
I have a few +reps for being a good trader in the depths of my profile comments on steam :P

Here's your SteamRep: http://steamrep.com/index.php?id=76561198095202589

11. Describe a time when you lost control of your emotions and how you were able to cope with the situation:
I went (almost) insane and just felt humiliated for a while, but I just decided to let it pass and talk to people about it to get help :)
What was the cause for you almost going insane?

E: What would you do when answering a report that [username] is speed hacking on one of our servers?
Try to find him on a server, and prove it is true. If so, ban the user from the server, with an appeal disconnect message, and if not true, ask the user that reported the user why they false reported another user.
But what if the reporter genuinely believed that the guy was hacking?

Meant it as a joke, maybe spawn one in with some credits or something :P
You should take this application more seriously if you truly care about getting the position.
AFK like JFK

Offline Hamtaro

• Server's Hamster
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Master
  • Hamha, how are you?
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2016, 04:26:22 PM »

5. List and describe any previous supervisory, administrative or management experience,­ in or out of the game:
Hosted Minecraft Server, and Moderate several servers on TF2, Garry's Mod, and a few more games.

May we be provided with an IP/Website to the servers of each game?
I don't bite, so feel free to message me if anything.
Hablo español con gran fluidez, asi que deje un mensaje si tienes dudas.

Offline Jman Gaming

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2016, 08:03:13 PM »
Towards Psykotik
1. Fixed :P
2. Cause: Well, I had some issues with school and family lately and it was a lot of stress to handle. :/
3. I would examine the user more and if it wasn't true I would firmly say he isn't.
4. Alright, sorry :/

Towards Hamtaro:
MC Servers:
 - mc11.fadehost.com:27509 [ Friend's server ]
 - nova-mc.us.to [ Got shut down]
Can't remember the rest, but there were 3 or 4, they all shut down I think
Garry's Mod:
Well tough luck with this, I couldn't find them, but there were a few old sandbox servers I moderated back in 2014.
TF2 Servers:
 - Hopefully this one :P
 - Hosted TF2 Server almost purely no plugins, people enjoyed the server with custom maps (including ones made by me)
 - And a friends TF2 Server which got shut down :/
Other:
 - Geometry Dash: I own a public/private server where a community can get their work noticed and rated :P http://gmdunivers.esy.es
And I can't think of anything else :/
Hope this helped guys.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2016, 08:39:58 PM by Jman Gaming »

Offline Biscuit

• Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Veteran
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2016, 01:00:34 AM »

Your 15th birthday was 12 days ago.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Offline Death™

• King Of Death
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Master
  • The Unholy King Of Death
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2016, 02:36:12 PM »

Your 15th birthday was 12 days ago.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BBm_nWi7Edk

Please explain this contradiction with your application.

Offline Ἀΐδης

• Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Master
  • What is it you truly seek to obtain?
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile

Offline Jman Gaming

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2016, 07:03:52 AM »
Yeah, I really shouldn't have lied about that... Sorry. I am 15 and my birthday was April 5th. I honestly lied to you guys. I didn't want to, but I knew it probably wouldn't get close to accepted or even accepted if I put 15 as my age. I could of just said it was a typo and tried to get away with it, but I'm gonna be honest. It was hard to sleep on this entire thing, and I really hoped wasn't going to get denied... I know it probably wouldn't if I didn't lie about my age, but now you guys know I lied and I probably will get perma-banned from applying again, and it was my fault. Sorry guys. I really don't deserve admin on the servers.

"Trust is the glue of life. It's the most essential ingredient in effective communication. It's the foundational principle that holds all relationships." - Stephen Covey

(P.S. Hades, that .gif gave me a chuckle)
« Last Edit: April 16, 2016, 07:29:53 AM by Jman Gaming »

Offline Death™

• King Of Death
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Master
  • The Unholy King Of Death
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2016, 11:41:32 AM »
Unfortunately, you are correct.

Because you have lied on your application, your application has been denied and you have been banned from applying for administration again.

However, a permanent ban will not be instituted since people do change. I will allow you to apply after a year has passed, if you are still interested by then.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2016, 11:50:09 AM by ¤The Flying Knife¤ »