• April 27, 2024, 01:49:12 PM

Author Topic: Dem Pyrous - Game Server Admin Application  (Read 5605 times)

Offline Dem Pyrous

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Dem Pyrous - Game Server Admin Application
« on: April 14, 2016, 03:38:16 AM »
1. Which position do you wish to apply for?
Game Server Admin

2. Do you have a microphone that you are willing to use?
Yes

3. Age:

4. What Time Zone do you live in?
Pacific Time Zone

5. List and describe any previous supervisory, administrative or management experience,­ in or out of the game:
I have put some thought into becoming an admin on a different critz server, but never got around to filling the application.

6. What are your goals in this community - or, why do you want to hold this position?
My main goal for the community right now is too keep the servers clean from hackers or mic spammers. I've seen plenty of mic spammers and a couple of hackers and had no power to stop them other than to call an admin.

7. How much time will you be able to spend:
A. On the servers?
Im able to spend at least an hour a day on the servers, but I mostly play on the critz server.

B. On the forums?
I'll be able to check up on the forums often with my phone.

8. How long have you been playing on our group of servers?
I've been playing on the critz server for a couple of months.

9. List a reputation thread here (your SteamRep URL and/or other reputation threads):
| steamname: Dem Pyrous
|  steam3ID: [U:1:119810328]
| steamID32: STEAM_0:0:59905164
| steamID64: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198080076056
| customURL:
|  steamrep: http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198080076056

10. If you have alternate accounts, list any alternative accounts that you own:
I do not own any alternate accounts

11. Describe a time when you lost control of your emotions and how you were able to cope with the situation:
One night, my dad, his girl friend and I were playing Magic and the first turn my father made it so my deck was unplayable, so i got very upset and fore fitted the game. In turn I went to go play Tf2 and hopped on the critz server.

12. What do you consider in your personality to be strengths? What do you consider in your personality to be weaknesses?
I consider myself as helpful, funny, and caring, but my weaknesses are that im arrogant and stubborn.

13. Assess these attributes from 1 to 10 based on how you see yourself:
  • Logical: 7
  • Patient: 9
  • Reactive: 8
  • Creative: 9
  • Polite: 7
  • Reasonable: 7
  • Objective: 6
  • Perceptive: 6
  • Compassionate: 7
  • Troubleshooter: 9

14. After you become an admin, how would you react to these situations below:
A: How would you deal with a person who was making racist comments?
If someone was making racist I would first ask them to stop and warn them, if they continue to do so I will kick or ban depending on the severity of the action.

B: A group of players are offended by remarks that another player made, but you yourself do not find them to be offensive. How would you respond?
I would generally try to keep everyone happy and ask people not to offend each other. If it was just some people over the mic id just tell the people who were offended  to mute them, but if there going out of their way to harass them, then its a problem.

C: How would you deal with players who micspam?
I would make a vote on whether to leave the mic spammer alone or mute them. If they continue i will mute them, and if they leave and rejoin to micspam it will result in a ban depending on the severity.

D: Another TF2SS admin is exploiting their powers in game; what will you do about it?
If another admin is abusing their admin powers, I will then report it to the higher ups.

E: What would you do when answering a report that [username] is speed hacking on one of our servers?
I would respond by entering the server and enter spectator and watch the person who was reported and ban them if i can confirm they are hacking.

F: A regular user threatens to ban another player if they do not comply with rules that do not exist. What will you do about it?
If a regular threatens another player with false information, I will first confirm with the person being threaten that those rules are false, then talk with the other player and warn them about the consequences if they continue to do so. If they continue doing so, it will result in a ban depending on severity.

G: A group of enemy players dominate you, ignoring everyone else and changing teams if you join the team they are on, killing only you over and over again. What will you do about it?
If the players are playing the game i can not do anything about it, if they harass me verbally on a mic or chat spam level i will mute or ban them depending on serverity.

H: How do you deal with a player who comments publicly that: you are an asshole, the server sucks ass, and continues to insult anyone who kills them with profanity & by screaming on the mic?
If people are insulting me personally i will warn them and ban depending on severity. If someone is complaining about the server i will say " let me help you with that then" and proceed to kick them, If they rejoin only to spread hate about the server i will ban them depending on severity. If someone is micspaming after each kill and people are getting upset by this i will warn them to stop and mute or ban them depending  on severity.

I: A regular player on our server says that they will offer free godmode for anyone who trades a hat to them. What will you do about it?
If the player is actually scamming people it result in a ban depending on severity.

J: A player who bought the Headless Horsemann perk from the shop complains after another player slays him/her. What do you tell the slayed Headless Horsemann player?
I will most likely type in chat"XD" then tell them you can donate for more credits or just say pwease. then i would gift them some credits.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2016, 11:08:16 AM by Dem Pyrous »

Offline Psy

• Butt Administrator
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Master
  • I'm retarded.
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Re: Dem Pyrous - Game Server Admin Application
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2016, 09:00:54 AM »
A lot of grammatical and spelling errors to fix here buddy.

Good luck.
AFK like JFK

Offline Lunarium

• High Tier Trader
  • Staff Trainer
  • Forum Master
  • Your Deadly skill is jogging? Mine is Murdering.
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2016, 02:14:07 PM »
I: A regular player on our server says that they will offer free godmode for anyone who trades a hat to them. What will you do about it?
If the player is actaully scamming people it result in a ban depending on severity.

Picture a situation as a player is asking for hats, in return for godmode. Keep in mind this is a regular player offering to dish out godmode for actual ingame items in which contain value. Also note that you've never seen this player offering out godmode. What exactly would you now do to handle the situation?

Offline Dem Pyrous

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2016, 06:09:38 PM »
Its wrong to steal and lie to other players even if you are a regular. I Would warn them first and ban them if they are successfully scamming other players.

Offline BloodRain

• Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Hero
  • "Even lies contain some truth."
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2016, 09:19:14 PM »
Do you speak any other languages besides English?

Offline Dem Pyrous

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2016, 11:02:21 PM »
Do you speak any other languages besides English?

Sadly i do not speak any other languages except bad English. i have had some problems with not being able to communicate with other players because of this, so i have been thinking about learning Spanish or Russian. In the mean time i use google translate.

Offline Death™

• King Of Death
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Master
  • The Unholy King Of Death
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2016, 11:04:47 PM »
Its wrong to steal and lie to other players even if you are a regular. I Would warn them first and ban them if they are successfully scamming other players.
Temporary or permanent ban?

Offline Death™

• King Of Death
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Master
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2016, 11:10:31 PM »
If someone was making racist I would first ask them to stop and warn them if they continue to do so. If they do i will kick or ban depending on the severity of the action.
What determine severity?

B: A group of players are offended by remarks that another player made, but you yourself do not find them to be offensive. How would you respond?
I would gernerally try to keep everyone happy and ask people not to offend each other. If it was just some people over the mic id just tell them to mute them, but if there going out of their way to harass them, then its a problem.
So what would you do when it becomes a problem?

I would make a vote on wether to leave the mic spammer alone or mute them. If they continue i will mute them, and if they leave and rejoin to micspam it will result in a ban depending on the serverity.
What do you mean by severity? What determines severity?

F: A regular user threatens to ban another player if they do not comply with rules that do not exist. What will you do about it?
If a regular threatens another playerwith false information, I will first confirm with the person being threaten that those rules are false, then talk with the othifer player and warn them about the concequences if they continue to do so. If they continue doing so, it will result in a ban depending on serverity.
Again, what determines severity?

G: A group of enemy players dominate you, ignoring everyone else and changing teams if you join the team they are on, killing only you over and over again. What will you do about it?
If the players are playing the game i can not do anything about it, if they harass me verbally on a mic or chat spam level i will mute or ban them depending on serverity.
Same question: what determines severity?

H: How do you deal with a player who comments publicly that: you are an asshole, the server sucks ass, and continues to insult anyone who kills them with profanity & by screaming on the mic?
If people are insulting me personally i will warn them and ban depending on serverity. If someone is complaing about the server i will say " let me help you with that then" and proceed to kick them, If they rejoin only to spread hate about the server i will ban them depending on serverity. If someone is micspaming after each kill and people are geting upset by this i will warn them to stop and mute or ban them depending  on serverity.
What determines severity?

J: A player who bought the Headless Horsemann perk from the shop complains after another player slays him/her. What do you tell the slayed Headless Horsemann player?
I will most likely type in chat"XD" then tell them you can donate for more credits or just say pwease. then i would gift them some credits.
What if you have no credits to spare?

Good luck.
Please review your application for English errors as well please.

Offline Dem Pyrous

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2016, 10:03:22 AM »
Temporary or permanent ban?
i would place a temporary ban of one to two weeks for the first incident, but if this happens again i would place a permanent ban. 

Offline Dem Pyrous

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2016, 10:53:00 AM »
If someone was making racist I would first ask them to stop and warn them if they continue to do so. If they do i will kick or ban depending on the severity of the action.
What determine severity?

When someone lashes out at other player or a certain ethnic group with hatred, angry, and nasty words, then that would be worthy of a ban. If some kid yelling racist comments here or there and its not affecting everyone, i would personally ask the to stop and tell then the consequences of doing so. 

I would gernerally try to keep everyone happy and ask people not to offend each other. If it was just some people over the mic id just tell them to mute them, but if there going out of their way to harass them, then its a problem.
So what would you do when it becomes a problem?

I would place a vote to mute said person, then if they leave and rejoin even more angry or spam hate in the comments then I would ban them for a short time.

I would make a vote on whether to leave the mic spammer alone or mute them. If they continue i will mute them, and if they leave and rejoin to micspam it will result in a ban depending on the serverity.
What do you mean by severity? What determines severity?

When I mean severity, I mean how much it affects people and that would determine how long the ban is. Now if a mic spammer is playing good music that's not racist or country, but is is not appreciated by other players, I'd ask them to stop then mute if they don't. If they join back to span i would only give them a small ban. Now if its someone yelling and screaming I would mute them almost instantly. If they rejoin and do it again. It would result in a longer ban.

If a regular threatens another playerwith false information, I will first confirm with the person being threaten that those rules are false, then talk with the othifer player and warn them about the concequences if they continue to do so. If they continue doing so, it will result in a ban depending on serverity.
Again, what determines severity?
The severity would be determined and how many items he stole, but i would ban him if he took one and discuss it with other admins because they are a regular. I personally set the ban for two weeks If they only took one but permanently than them if multiple items were stolen.

G: A group of enemy players dominate you, ignoring everyone else and changing teams if you join the team they are on, killing only you over and over again. What will you do about f it?
Same question: what determines severity?
The severity of the ban would be determined by the comments they would use like racist lots of foul language to make me angry which would be a lot because the only thing that really gets to me is micspam. Other than that, I like a challenge from the community even if its a 5v1 Im up for the challenge.

If people are insulting me personally i will warn them and ban depending on serverity. If someone is complaing about the server i will say " let me help you with that then" and proceed to kick them, If they rejoin only to spread hate about the server i will ban them depending on serverity. If someone is micspaming after each kill and people are geting upset by this i will warn them to stop and mute or ban them depending  on serverity.
What determines severity?

No player should ever to be allowed to get away with insult or harassing a staff member so a ban of at least one week would be in order, but if its racist or full of foul language that ban would be longer.

What if you have no credits to spare?

Id try have some fun with the player who was slain with my admin powers. I also realize how fun it is to hhh now that i have used it so i would generally be more sympathetic to the player who was slain.

Good luck.
Please review your application for English errors as well please.
.-. Ok
« Last Edit: April 17, 2016, 10:56:03 AM by Dem Pyrous »

Offline Death™

• King Of Death
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Master
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2016, 12:02:08 PM »
When someone lashes out at other player or a certain ethnic group with hatred, angry, and nasty words, then that would be worthy of a ban. If some kid yelling racist comments here or there and its not affecting everyone, i would personally ask the to stop and tell then the consequences of doing so. 
How long of a ban? Also, what are the "consequences" and what if they continue to be visibly racist?

When I mean severity, I mean how much it affects people and that would determine how long the ban is. Now if a mic spammer is playing good music that's not racist or country, but is is not appreciated by other players, I'd ask them to stop then mute if they don't. If they join back to span i would only give them a small ban. Now if its someone yelling and screaming I would mute them almost instantly. If they rejoin and do it again. It would result in a longer ban.
So do you consider someone yelling and screaming in the mic to be more serious than mic spam or do you consider mic spam to be more serious than someone yelling and screaming in the mic (in terms of worthiness of punishment)?

The severity would be determined and how many items he stole, but i would ban him if he took one and discuss it with other admins because they are a regular. I personally set the ban for two weeks If they only took one but permanently than them if multiple items were stolen.
This question doesn't mention any stolen items. Please answer the question again.

Id try have some fun with the player who was slain with my admin powers. I also realize how fun it is to hhh now that i have used it so i would generally be more sympathetic to the player who was slain.
What if I told you that you're not allowed to use administrative powers to remedy the angered player?

Offline Death™

• King Of Death
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Master
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2016, 03:10:50 PM »
Please answer my questions.

Offline Death™

• King Of Death
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Master
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2016, 02:29:39 PM »
You've failed to respond to my reply within 3 days of it being made. As a result, your application has been suspended and it's decision has been delayed for another 7 days. You may respond to your application anytime during this time frame.

Offline Death™

• King Of Death
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Master
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2016, 03:27:04 PM »
Application denied due to inactivity.

You may reapply again after 3 months have passed.