• April 27, 2024, 12:35:41 PM

Author Topic: EnderGeo - Game Server Admin Application  (Read 7306 times)

Offline Ender

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
EnderGeo - Game Server Admin Application
« on: May 16, 2016, 04:40:08 PM »
1. Which position do you wish to apply for?
Game Server Admin

2. Do you have a microphone that you are willing to use?
Yes

3. Age:

4. What Time Zone do you live in?
Pacific time

5. List and describe any previous supervisory, administrative or management experience,­ in or out of the game:
I saw a admin help out a player that is getting killed a lot from this one person only and the admin told the player that is kill them to stop and solved the problem and i also want to help out people with their problem.

6. What are your goals in this community - or, why do you want to hold this position?
To have fun and helping others with their problems on servers.

7. How much time will you be able to spend:
A. On the servers?
All day or maybe 5-6 hours I'm usually on the whole time.

B. On the forums?
Any time I'm available or online.

8. How long have you been playing on our group of servers?
Since I started to play team fortress 2.

9. List a reputation thread here (your SteamRep URL and/or other reputation threads):
https://steamrep.com/search?q=http%3A%2F%2Fsteamcommunity.com%2Fprofiles%2F76561198111686870%2F

10. If you have alternate accounts, list any alternative accounts that you own:
I don't have alternate accounts

11. Describe a time when you lost control of your emotions and how you were able to cope with the situation:
I don't remembered when I lost control but when I do I just listen to music or talk to a friend to help me out.

12. What do you consider in your personality to be strengths? What do you consider in your personality to be weaknesses?
My strengths is having a good time and making others having a good time/making them happy,my weaknesses is seeing others having a bad time,having a problem,or seeing my friends feeling bad or not having fun.

13. Assess these attributes from 1 to 10 based on how you see yourself:
  • Logical: 9
  • Patient: 10
  • Reactive: 10
  • Creative: 7
  • Polite: 10
  • Reasonable: 10
  • Objective: 10
  • Perceptive: 9
  • Compassionate: 10
  • Troubleshooter: 10

14. After you become an admin, how would you react to these situations below:
A: How would you deal with a person who was making racist comments?
Tell them to stop because people might find that offensive and if they wont stop mute them.

B: A group of players are offended by remarks that another player made, but you yourself do not find them to be offensive. How would you respond?
I'll ask the players that are offended and tell them if they want me to tell them to stop.

C: How would you deal with players who micspam?
tell them to stop or give them a Waring and if they continue i will mute him for how long needed.

D: Another TF2SS admin is exploiting their powers in game; what will you do about it?
Tell them to stop or report them for admin abuse or ask another admin to help.

E: What would you do when answering a report that [username] is speed hacking on one of our servers?
go to the server and ask who is doing the speed hacking and ban them for the sever.

F: A regular user threatens to ban another player if they do not comply with rules that do not exist. What will you do about it?
I will ask him to stop because that's not the rules at all and the player that is getting ban tell him it's OK it's not the rules and he can't ban you.

G: A group of enemy players dominate you, ignoring everyone else and changing teams if you join the team they are on, killing only you over and over again. What will you do about it?
I'll either won't care or just ask them to stop and if they continue I'll just be in spectate or just hanging in spawn.

H: How do you deal with a player who comments publicly that: you are an asshole, the server sucks ass, and continues to insult anyone who kills them with profanity & by screaming on the mic?
Tell them to switch to another sever,kick him,ask him to stop,That he is making lies about me, if screaming on the mic i will mute him, if he wont stop by any of my rules i will ban him.

I: A regular player on our server says that they will offer free godmode for anyone who trades a hat to them. What will you do about it?
Tell everyone that's a scam and do not trade with him and kick or ban if necessary.

J: A player who bought the Headless Horsemann perk from the shop complains after another player slays him/her. What do you tell the slayed Headless Horsemann player?
I will ask him you can not kill people in their spawn/friendly or give him his credits back and tell the player that slayed him that don't do that.

After filling out this application, what are your feelings toward becoming a Server Admin on our servers?
Having fun,making others have a good time,respect others, and helping others if needed.

Offline BloodRain

• Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Hero
  • "Even lies contain some truth."
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Re: EnderGeo - Game Server Admin Application
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2016, 04:50:45 PM »
Do you speak any languages other than English?

Offline Lunarium

• High Tier Trader
  • Staff Trainer
  • Forum Master
  • Your Deadly skill is jogging? Mine is Murdering.
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2016, 04:53:18 PM »
5. List and describe any previous supervisory, administrative or management experience,­ in or out of the game:
I saw a admin help out a player that is getting killed a lot from this one person only and the admin told the player that is kill them to stop and solved the problem and i also want to help out people with their problem.

So did the Admin ask them politely to stop, or did they say stop because of the fact that they were an Admin?

12. What do you consider in your personality to be strengths? What do you consider in your personality to be weaknesses?
My strengths is having a good time and making others having a good time/making them happy,my weaknesses is seeing others having a bad time,having a problem,or seeing my friends feeling bad or not having fun.

Now what would you say in a little more detail, as to what your weakness is. Why would seeing someone or a friend feeling sad, make you not like to see them? Does this make you a caring person? But this would be the same as when you want to make your friends and others happy? I just see you might want to give examples of personality traits.(Ie: Good - Caring, Kind | Bad - dependent, emotional.)

B: A group of players are offended by remarks that another player made, but you yourself do not find them to be offensive. How would you respond?
I'll ask the players that are offended and tell them if they want me to tell them to stop.

What would you do if you asked the player to stop, and they didn't comply?

E: What would you do when answering a report that [username] is speed hacking on one of our servers?
go to the server and ask who is doing the speed hacking and ban them for the sever.

We as administrators have a bot programmed to receive reports from players from the "/report" command. Now let's say you receive this report claiming a player is speed hacking. What steps would you take to solve or look into this situation?

J: A player who bought the Headless Horsemann perk from the shop complains after another player slays him/her. What do you tell the slayed Headless Horsemann player?
I will ask him you can not kill people in their spawn/friendly or give him his credits back and tell the player that slayed him that don't do that.

You will ask the player who was the horseman not to kill people? This is just to clarify what you meant slightly here.

Also, do you speak any other language besides English?

Please respond to my and any other Administrators questions within a reasonable amount of time.

Offline Ender

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2016, 06:00:59 PM »
Yes i do speak Spanish and English.
#5 yes they ask politely to stop
#12 I'm caring,respectful,responsible.
B: I would ask to not say that on the mic or i'm going to mute you because that is offensive
E:I would look at the report and check out the server next i would see who is the one hacking
J:Yeah like if someone said to stop killing them because they are friendly i would ask if they can not kill the friendly's only if they are frustrated.

Offline Biscuit

• Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Veteran
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2016, 10:20:47 PM »
•Logical: 9
•Patient: 10
•Reactive: 10
Creative: 7   <--------------
•Polite: 10
•Reasonable: 10
•Objective: 10
•Perceptive: 9
•Compassionate: 10
•Troubleshooter: 10

Do you believe that you, as a person, are absolutely perfect in every quality except creativity?

« Last Edit: May 16, 2016, 10:22:18 PM by Biscuit »
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Offline Ender

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2016, 10:26:56 AM »
I can be creative at time but other times it can be hard to think of something but ill try my best to be creative. Also hi Biscuit :)
« Last Edit: May 17, 2016, 10:40:37 AM by EnderGeo »

Offline Psy

• Butt Administrator
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Master
  • I'm retarded.
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2016, 11:45:13 AM »
I can be creative at time but other times it can be hard to think of something but ill try my best to be creative. Also hi Biscuit :)

He wasn't questioning your creativity, but rather, why you rate yourself so highly in the other categories. Let me ask you, do you really believe you are that close to being perfect?
AFK like JFK

Offline Ender

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2016, 11:56:17 AM »
No i am not perfect but i try to be so i don't let anyone down no matter what it is. i think their is perfect people but i try to be one.

Offline Psy

• Butt Administrator
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Master
  • I'm retarded.
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2016, 02:20:17 PM »
No i am not perfect but i try to be so i don't let anyone down no matter what it is. i think their is perfect people but i try to be one.

An admin isn't only meant to take reports and guard the servers. An admin must also set an example for others and handle situations maturely. What I'm getting from you is the lack of confidence, the fear of disappointing others. As an admin, as a human being, you must learn to face humiliation and accept your flaws, to help you become a better person. I don't believe you are that perfect. You may think you are that good, but you're not. Do not take this as an insult, take it as constructive criticism. Yes, this is like a job interview and you are basically trying to sell yourself to get the position, but your ratings are just overdone. I highly recommend you change your ratings to something more reasonable and revise your whole application. You still have five days left.
AFK like JFK

Offline Ender

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2016, 03:28:08 PM »
ok i will thanks psykotik

Offline Biscuit

• Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Veteran
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2016, 05:39:12 PM »
An admin isn't only meant to take reports and guard the servers. An admin must also set an example for others and handle situations maturely. What I'm getting from you is the lack of confidence, the fear of disappointing others. As an admin, as a human being, you must learn to face humiliation and accept your flaws, to help you become a better person. I don't believe you are that perfect. You may think you are that good, but you're not. Do not take this as an insult, take it as constructive criticism. Yes, this is like a job interview and you are basically trying to sell yourself to get the position, but your ratings are just overdone. I highly recommend you change your ratings to something more reasonable and revise your whole application. You still have five days left.

I must say Psykotik, this is an absolutely magnificent explanation. Very motivational and uplifting to read. Very well done!
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Offline Lunarium

• High Tier Trader
  • Staff Trainer
  • Forum Master
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2016, 06:34:17 PM »
Tell me, why is it you put others before yourself?

As well as why you feel a lack of self confidence in yourself?

No need for a perfect answer, if anything you can forum PM me for the answer as well. (Which may or may not be disclosed to other Administrators.)

I'm just curious to see your answer or a small insight into you.

Offline Ender

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2016, 03:42:50 PM »
Because I get a better understanding of my self when I ask a friend then thinking/asking about my self and how I am.Like I would ask a friend if am i kind respectful etc. and they would tell me how i am better then thinking what I am not.

Offline Lunarium

• High Tier Trader
  • Staff Trainer
  • Forum Master
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2016, 03:58:42 PM »
Because I get a better understanding of my self when I ask a friend then thinking/asking about my self and how I am.Like I would ask a friend if am i kind respectful etc. and they would tell me how i am better then thinking what I am not.

But still why do you choose to have a lack of self confidence? Yes confidence and pride is not always an easy task to display and show, but why did you choose to make such a confidently rated application, then when you were questioned about it, it seemed like you crumbled under immediate pressure and displayed a large amount of self confidence. Why is this? What life events have happened to have made you lose such confidence in yourself?

This answer can be PM'd if you choose but will not be revealed to other administrators, but might make a significant impact on my decision to wanting you part of the staff or not.

Take your time if you need, no need to rush a quick response. But thank you very much for your cooperation so far.

Offline Ἀΐδης

• Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Master
  • What is it you truly seek to obtain?
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2016, 04:32:06 PM »
Tell me, why is it you put others before yourself?

As well as why you feel a lack of self confidence in yourself?

Having Self Confidence is rather important as being an administrator for TF2SS entails that you make tough decisions. Constantly seeking out second opinions may annoy others and make them less likely to help further down the road. You must be confident that you made the right decision because one such EX where it is needed is ban appeals. If you ban someone for hacking and he/she make a ban appeal, you need self confidence in your decision that you made the right choice. If you don't you will not make a clear/right decision when it comes to you figuring out what to do with their ban appeal(Un-banning or leaving them banned). I could list many examples of why self confidence is important but I believe the example above is enough.

In addition, putting others before yourself, it is a good quality to have but you must keep in mind that you may have to make hard choices while in the server. "The needs of the many out weight the needs of the few"(Spock, Star Trek)

Hades