• April 27, 2024, 11:24:54 AM

Author Topic: onepieveoffairytail - Game Server Admin Application  (Read 7550 times)

Offline DURRPLANT!( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
onepieveoffairytail - Game Server Admin Application
« on: June 02, 2016, 01:45:01 PM »
1. Which position do you wish to apply for?
Game Server Admin

2. Do you have a microphone that you are willing to use?
Yes

3. Age:

4. What Time Zone do you live in?
Eastern Time Zone

5. List and describe any previous supervisory, administrative or management experience,­ in or out of the game:

6. What are your goals in this community - or, why do you want to hold this position?
My goals are to make the server a more well-known, fun, and enjoyable server

7. How much time will you be able to spend:
A. On the servers?
Since I'm in school I would say during the summer any time I feel like I can get to team fortress 2, but during the school year I'd say safely any weekend will due, if something would come up I would notify any one that would be willing to listen

B. On the forums?
Somewhat like on the servers, but It would probably be less time since I mostly play games

8. How long have you been playing on our group of servers?
since august of 2015

9. List a reputation thread here (your SteamRep URL and/or other reputation threads):
I don't have a reputation thread active with my account... :/

10. If you have alternate accounts, list any alternative accounts that you own:
Theturdsandvich (steam), Derpysteve1231 (skype), [email protected] (facetime), [email protected] (email)

11. Describe a time when you lost control of your emotions and how you were able to cope with the situation:
I usually can control my emotions, but when I can't I usually do something else until I can control myself

12. What do you consider in your personality to be strengths? What do you consider in your personality to be weaknesses?
My strengths are I never give up, I always try to find a way to help others, I try to cheer everyone up. The weaknesses of my personality is that I can struggle with understanding so situations. a neutral part of me is I've gone through a lot of tough things making me stronger but also prone to insults, but like I stated, I usually can control that

13. Assess these attributes from 1 to 10 based on how you see yourself:
  • Logical: 10
  • Patient: 5
  • Reactive: 7
  • Creative: 10
  • Polite: 7
  • Reasonable: 8
  • Objective: 8
  • Perceptive: 8
  • Compassionate: 10
  • Troubleshooter: 10

14. After you become an admin, how would you react to these situations below:
A: How would you deal with a person who was making racist comments?
Give them three chances to stop and if they continue mute them, if they continue in chat I mute them completely/kick them, and if they continue after that I ban

B: A group of players are offended by remarks that another player made, but you yourself do not find them to be offensive. How would you respond?
I would ask the offenders to stop calmly and ask the others to try to avoid them, if they both continued I would mute both of them, and if one started I would mute them, if they continued after the mute, I would kick them, etc.

C: How would you deal with players who micspam?
I would just mute them, because no one really likes that

D: Another TF2SS admin is exploiting their powers in game; what will you do about it?
Report them to a higher authority/Get another admin to come on/View and help me calm the situation down

E: What would you do when answering a report that [username] is speed hacking on one of our servers?
I would ask to provide proof and if proof was provided, proceed with a warning, and if the hacker continued, kick, etc.

F: A regular user threatens to ban another player if they do not comply with rules that do not exist. What will you do about it?
I would calmly tell that person that the rule does not exist, and give them a warning

G: A group of enemy players dominate you, ignoring everyone else and changing teams if you join the team they are on, killing only you over and over again. What will you do about it?
I would do nothing with my admin power, because that would be wrong, I would simply ask them to stop and if they did not, then I would calmly get off the server

H: How do you deal with a player who comments publicly that: you are an asshole, the server sucks ass, and continues to insult anyone who kills them with profanity & by screaming on the mic?
I would calmly ask the person to stop and if they refused mute, and then kick if continued, and then ban if they refuse after two kicks

I: A regular player on our server says that they will offer free godmode for anyone who trades a hat to them. What will you do about it?
Depending if it's hacking or not, if bought from !shop I would do nothing, but if hacking I would kick for hacking

J: A player who bought the Headless Horsemann perk from the shop complains after another player slays him/her. What do you tell the slayed Headless Horsemann player?
I wouldn't really do anything, unless they used !report then I would calmly tell the person that their is no rule stating that you can't kill the buyer of the headless horsemann perk, and simply tell them to try to kill the slayer

After filling out this application, what are your feelings toward becoming a Server Admin on our servers?
That it was a lot of work to fill out but will be worth it...

Offline Psy

• Butt Administrator
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Master
  • I'm retarded.
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Re: onepieveoffairytail - Game Server Admin Application
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2016, 02:15:11 PM »
You have 257 hours.
AFK like JFK

Offline Hamtaro

• Server's Hamster
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Master
  • Hamha, how are you?
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2016, 02:16:57 PM »
You have 257 hours.

262 with the alt,'s time included.
I don't bite, so feel free to message me if anything.
Hablo español con gran fluidez, asi que deje un mensaje si tienes dudas.

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2016, 02:18:15 PM »
Quick question why does it matter how long I've been on?

Offline Psy

• Butt Administrator
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Master
  • I'm retarded.
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2016, 02:20:37 PM »
Quick question why does it matter how long I've been on?

First off, it's a requirement to have 1000 or more hours to apply for staff position in this community.

Second, it shows experience with the game, not in terms of skills, but in terms of knowledge and knowing your way around.
AFK like JFK

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2016, 02:25:46 PM »
No offense but most of my time has been spent on your server, I do not have 1000 or more hours, that might be true, but I really do like the server, and do want to give back to this wonderful server!

Offline mia

• TF2SS's Little Pwincess~
  • Server Administrator
  • Forum Veteran
  • Bunny is my happiness. <3
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2016, 02:36:01 PM »
No offense but most of my time has been spent on your server, I do not have 1000 or more hours, that might be true, but I really do like the server, and do want to give back to this wonderful server!
That may be, but you simply do not meet the requirements. However, once you do, there's always another chance for you to apply again.
Tiny Baby Legs

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2016, 02:38:37 PM »
Just so I don't have to type this again because it's really tiring, can I copy my answers and paste them to a text file for later?

EDIT: also judging by who I am, what would be my probability rate of being an admin?
Also thanks for letting me have a second chance when I get 1000 hours I really appreciate it ^^
« Last Edit: June 02, 2016, 02:42:20 PM by OnepieceofFAIRYTAIL »

Offline mia

• TF2SS's Little Pwincess~
  • Server Administrator
  • Forum Veteran
  • Bunny is my happiness. <3
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2016, 03:08:40 PM »
Just so I don't have to type this again because it's really tiring, can I copy my answers and paste them to a text file for later?

As far as I know, you wouldn't be able to use the same application. You'll have to make a new app, and just hope for the best.
Tiny Baby Legs

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2016, 03:15:48 PM »
ohhh crap...well I guess I can wait for the next 1000 hours to type a new app. thanks anyway for reading my app

Offline Ἀΐδης

• Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Master
  • What is it you truly seek to obtain?
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2016, 04:07:55 PM »
Seems you used Steam Achievement Hacker as well. Know that with it is possible to get a VAC.

Hades
« Last Edit: June 02, 2016, 04:38:36 PM by Hades »

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2016, 04:28:10 PM »
yes but I really just use it to get the achievement items, I really don't want to waste time unlocking them for hours apon days, besides even if I used it, it's not like I'm using aimbot right?

Offline Ἀΐδης

• Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Master
  • What is it you truly seek to obtain?
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2016, 04:39:35 PM »
yes but I really just use it to get the achievement items, I really don't want to waste time unlocking them for hours apon days, besides even if I used it, it's not like I'm using aimbot right?

Just an observation is all. It was also a heads up about it.

Hades

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2016, 04:44:45 PM »

Hades
No I agree that hacking is wrong, but I got tired of the original loadout, and I wanted something fresh, back when I started in augest of 2015 I had no job to buy weapons, so my last and only option was to hack my way to new weapons...but honestly I agree in the long run that hacking is bad, and with a game like team fortress 2 I see no point to hack but only to unlock achievement items....

Offline BloodRain

• Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Hero
  • "Even lies contain some truth."
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2016, 05:26:43 PM »

Hades
No I agree that hacking is wrong, but I got tired of the original loadout, and I wanted something fresh, back when I started in augest of 2015 I had no job to buy weapons, so my last and only option was to hack my way to new weapons...but honestly I agree in the long run that hacking is bad, and with a game like team fortress 2 I see no point to hack but only to unlock achievement items....

It's called a hack because if it's running while TF2 is running, you can get a VAC ban for it.

It's also considered hacking because of the principle of earning achievements without cheating the system.

The whole point of SAM is just to unlock achievements, and we understand that.

I have all of the achievements unlocked from using SAM as well, but does that make every SAM user a hacker?

It's a biased opinion whether or not it does, because of the benefits of unlocking achievements, and the severity of the achievement items affecting other players.

The game is already balanced, so I don't see it as a huge problem to be fought against for unlocking achievement items.

That is just my opinion. 

Blood