• April 27, 2024, 01:45:13 PM

Author Topic: Those Capture points though?  (Read 3029 times)

Offline Lunarium

• High Tier Trader
  • Staff Trainer
  • Forum Master
  • Your Deadly skill is jogging? Mine is Murdering.
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Those Capture points though?
« on: June 11, 2015, 08:28:37 PM »
Throughout the time I've played on the TFSS servers, once upon a time hosted in most of the servers, Capturing the points was not permitted as due to all the plugins being added and there. Due to the fact that capturing the points has now been validated as no longer a rule, some plugins had been removed (ie: Roll the Dice [rtd]. But In my opinion, if capturing the points are set to disabled, then no need for the rule itself to be implemented. But Also, if capturing the points are disabled, it allows and opens room for more potential pluggins to take place to be added to then servers to enhance the users gameplay. Overall I start this's topic to see what your opinion is towards this action. Potentially gaining potential to become a possibility. I can't wait to see the feedback.

Sincerely,
Lunarium

Offline Sixteen

• Veteran SwapShopper
  • Forum Hero
  • I have more to my story than you think.
    • Steam Profile Page
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Re: Those Capture points though?
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2015, 09:53:36 PM »
I've grown used to them. If people use them, sure. If people don't use them, sure. If we get reports of people capping, I go on and let them cap or I cap for them, and then turn it off afterwards.
~16
Yeah, I know. Or at least, soon enough.
~16

Offline Lunarium

• High Tier Trader
  • Staff Trainer
  • Forum Master
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2015, 11:53:36 PM »
In my opinion, Capturing is completely fine as of now. But fun pluggins for the server were due to bugs with them and capturing the points. I personally think if they were turned off, there is potential for more pluggins to be added again and can enhance the users gameplay (ie:rtd, Playermodles) Though capping is completely fine in my eyes and I have nothing against it, I just am seeing potential if it was off. Of course that's just my opinion :P

Offline Death™

• King Of Death
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Master
  • The Unholy King Of Death
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2015, 07:02:25 PM »
I like it when people come in and tell us about a rule that has never existed... lol!

RTD was removed because it hasn't been updated forever and after some steam updates became unstable and started crashing the server.

Player models unfortunately will never be supported here as it requires users to download files from the server and run them on their own machine. You're probably thinking whats the big deal? The problem with that is it opens the doors for all sorts of hacks to run and some could be destructive to the servers themself. So only valve validated files are valid for use on our servers and as such every time you join are checked for consistency.

If there are plugins you would like to see added to our server please let us know and I will look into them.

Offline Lunarium

• High Tier Trader
  • Staff Trainer
  • Forum Master
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2015, 10:35:56 PM »
Sure thing! Over the years though being 13 when I was told that rule existed by an admin at the time, obviously what 13 year old checks the MOTD  :P But now that's nice to know and information that can stop being passed around. Also though, I found that told info on capping to be true due to the fact about a year ago, upon the team capping the final point, the server had crashed. So at the time, it seems very believable.

As for certain pluggins, I'm sure I'll start a new topic when I have a list of suggestions all in one place ready for consideration. Saves the time of one little option per suggestion. Though thank you very much on that input towards the capture points.