• April 27, 2024, 03:49:45 PM

Author Topic: Map Potential - More Crit Servers  (Read 5242 times)

Offline Peter Capaldi's Peter Capaldi

• Forum Veteran
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Map Potential - More Crit Servers
« on: June 14, 2015, 05:14:40 PM »
Map Potential - More Crit Servers

Greetings! I'm TheWhiteFace or rather known on 64.79.109.248:27016 (cp_orange_towers_tf2​ss​, server #08) as Freeze™ #GottamMan. I enjoy the server and the map immensely. I've also spent practically days playing on the server sentry jumping, sticky jumping, dominating, killing, dying, being dominated and the like. The people there are ecstatic and memorable. Such people come to mind: Sixteen, SoundFX, "PanMan", I Know Right! and many more.

If anyone is living under a rock, like myself, then the new edition to TF2's front page on Steam has caught quite a bit of attention. The new Map Workshop has been holding intriguing new candidates for competitive play, general pub play and (shockingly) Crit-Server/Gravity-Server play. There are surprisingly a couple of maps that I have looked at and downloaded that could be great for Crit-Server/Gravity-Server play.

There are two maps that will be showcased below. Those being cp_oranges_rc1 and cp_container_v2.

cp_organes_rc1 is a remake of the popular map cp_orange_x3. The detailing and texturing is nice and there are health and ammo kits throughout the map. I understand that TFSS only has two cp_orange_x3 maps, however, a less popular trade server could have its map swapped. The server's permissions and settings could also be set to the settings and permissions either cp_orange_x3 or cp_orange_towers_tfss (server #08) runs (same applies for cp_container_v2).

Links for cp_oragnes_rc1
Next up is cp_containers_ v2. This maps screams Crit-Server due to the open lines of sight and the ability to easily spawn camp. sv_gravity ~110 to ~120 has been tested and used to successfully get to the hanging middle platform and to the top of the elevations near spawn (the ones with the ladders). The map also features a couple of "hidden" health and ammo kits. Check out the map and the link below.

Links for cp_container_v2

Thanks for reading this topic! I hope the admins and owners consider these potential maps for the servers. :D I now just realize that this topic could be in the Suggestions/Feedback section. Hope the topic gets moved. :P
« Last Edit: June 14, 2015, 05:19:05 PM by Freeze™ #GottamMan »
~

Offline Sixteen

• Veteran SwapShopper
  • Forum Hero
  • I have more to my story than you think.
    • Steam Profile Page
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Re: Map Potential - More Crit Servers
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2015, 05:32:59 PM »
Hello TheWhiteFace.

Due to having empty servers, I have always wanted to trade out/in some maps, though, I have never followed through. I'm glad that someone has, especially bringing such close to home maps. I very much enjoy the looks and similarities of Orange and would very much like to see that on one of the servers. As for container, we do not have any servers similar to this one, but I feel like trying it out would be a good idea. Though neither of these have the classic orange taste that most of our servers have, I like the update. Plus, because we can change map, players could vote every so often on which of the two they would rather play, like most servers do. I suggest we test these out, and not stop here. Because of map workshop, there will be a lot more map creations which will be very exciting. I would very much like to see a lot of variety of maps on our servers. It's kind of like a box of crayons. Sure, you can make a work of art with your typical ROYGBIV (red, orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo, violet), but I personally find a lot of color to make a piece of art beautiful. All in all, I think SwapShop needs more variety. We don't have to react now, but I would like to see some more new maps. We have had that trains map, and I like it, so let's keep that "new map """train"""" going. Hah, so funny.

~16

PS, TheWhiteFace loves to cap so no wonder he chose cp maps. <3
Also, thanks for that dank shout out.
Yeah, I know. Or at least, soon enough.
~16

• Forum Veteran
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2015, 11:15:56 PM »
Hello TheWhiteFace.

Due to having empty servers, I have always wanted to trade out/in some maps, though, I have never followed through. I'm glad that someone has, especially bringing such close to home maps. I very much enjoy the looks and similarities of Orange and would very much like to see that on one of the servers. As for container, we do not have any servers similar to this one, but I feel like trying it out would be a good idea. Though neither of these have the classic orange taste that most of our servers have, I like the update. Plus, because we can change map, players could vote every so often on which of the two they would rather play, like most servers do. I suggest we test these out, and not stop here. Because of map workshop, there will be a lot more map creations which will be very exciting. I would very much like to see a lot of variety of maps on our servers. It's kind of like a box of crayons. Sure, you can make a work of art with your typical ROYGBIV (red, orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo, violet), but I personally find a lot of color to make a piece of art beautiful. All in all, I think SwapShop needs more variety. We don't have to react now, but I would like to see some more new maps. We have had that trains map, and I like it, so let's keep that "new map """train"""" going. Hah, so funny.

~16

PS, TheWhiteFace loves to cap so no wonder he chose cp maps. <3
Also, thanks for that dank shout out.
Sweet! I'll look around for some more maps and possibly ones with dev textures. :P Trainsawlaser is an excellent map created by Crash. If I can find more goofy maps like his I will let you know. If and when you do put cp_oranges_rc1 and/or cp_container_v2 one a server I will be sure to favorite the server. In regards to the shout out, your welcome. :D By the way, who creates some of the exclusive Swapshop maps such as towers and 2fortsniper?

I also have another suggestion. Swapshop is about fun gameplay and I've been contemplating the use of sv_use_steam_voice. I understand that the mic quality isn't that great when the command's value is set to zero, however, it does allow certain mic-spam programs like HLDJ to function. If you enjoy HLDJ and think that it could be a great edition to one or any of the servers then I would consider adding in a vote feature for whether the commands value is set to zero or one. That way the people can determine and vote for when they want HLDJ and when they want the SILK codec.

Have a great night. :)
~

Offline Sins |Anti-Being|

• SSBL Owner/Chairman
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Poster
  • Hello Darkness my own Friend...
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2015, 09:05:00 AM »
Just a note, I am starting a new thing where on Server #1, I will change the map everyday to hopefully attract more people to the servers. We have over a hundred maps to choose from on Server #1, so hopefully maybe you could check it out? The server is usually empty, so spreading the word would defiantly help.

I know it's no "workshop maps" but there are custom maps in it to that are real interesting.

Hopefully this helps in some way.
I am man who speaks in riddles, only to test your wits. My words may mean anything...

• Forum Veteran
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2015, 11:47:27 AM »
Just a note, I am starting a new thing where on Server #1, I will change the map everyday to hopefully attract more people to the servers. We have over a hundred maps to choose from on Server #1, so hopefully maybe you could check it out? The server is usually empty, so spreading the word would defiantly help.

I know it's no "workshop maps" but there are custom maps in it to that are real interesting.

Hopefully this helps in some way.
I've taken notice! I was on last night and the map was pretty cool. I will make sure to inform some of the Towers regulars that server #1 will have daily map swaps. :D No one else was on so I couldn't test if the server had crits activated or not. Crits could be a deciding factor for some people.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2015, 11:52:15 AM by Freeze™ #GottamMan »
~

Offline Death™

• King Of Death
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Master
  • The Unholy King Of Death
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2015, 12:33:24 PM »
If there's maps from #1 people would like to see as regulars please make note of it and let us know.

• Forum Veteran
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2015, 03:15:11 PM »
If there's maps from #1 people would like to see as regulars please make note of it and let us know.
Will do... By the way, I almost forgot about this map:

koth_wubwubwub_remix_vip
koth_wubwubwub_remix_vip was created by Crash (the same guy who made Trainsawlaser). I caution people who are prone to epilepsy not to play this map under any circumstances. The map does not feature dev textures which is a bit of a downside, however, the particle effects are really cool.

I will try to get some of the Towers people on server #01. I already inspected the map for today and I'll probably pass on playing it myself, however, I will still mention it throughout the day.
~

Offline Sins |Anti-Being|

• SSBL Owner/Chairman
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Poster
  • Hello Darkness my own Friend...
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2015, 09:19:38 PM »
I've taken notice! I was on last night and the map was pretty cool. I will make sure to inform some of the Towers regulars that server #1 will have daily map swaps. :D No one else was on so I couldn't test if the server had crits activated or not. Crits could be a deciding factor for some people.
The server did not have crits, but if wanted, I could always turn it on.

I appreciate the feedback.  :P
I am man who speaks in riddles, only to test your wits. My words may mean anything...

• Forum Veteran
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2015, 09:43:19 PM »

Only if Sniper is the only class allowed on a map that's not designed only for Sniper. :P
snipity-snip-snip
Also, Sixteen I'm on the server #01 right now. :D
« Last Edit: June 15, 2015, 09:48:54 PM by Freeze™ #GottamMan »
~

• Forum Veteran
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2015, 10:41:40 PM »

Only if Sniper is the only class allowed on a map that's not designed only for Sniper. :P
snipity-snip-snip
Also, Sixteen I'm on the server #01 right now. :D Edit: Too late.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2015, 12:28:06 AM by Freeze™ #GottamMan »
~