• April 29, 2024, 07:39:30 AM

Author Topic: ⠀⠀⠀Fox - Game Server Admin Application  (Read 6383 times)

Offline Fox

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
⠀⠀⠀Fox - Game Server Admin Application
« on: July 31, 2016, 03:34:47 AM »
1. Which position do you wish to apply for?
Game Server Admin

2. Do you have a microphone that you are willing to use?
Yes

3. Age:
I am currently 16, birthday on September 20th!

4. What Time Zone do you live in?
Pacific Time Zone

5. List and describe any previous supervisory, administrative or management experience,­ in or out of the game:
I have been co-owner of numerous Minecraft servers, as well as administrator on a few Team fortress 2 jailbreak servers, but I have unfortunately forgotten their names, due to the servers shutting down over a year ago. :(

6. What are your goals in this community - or, why do you want to hold this position?
I like to help my surrounding environment, I enjoy playing  Team fortress 2 and want to continue the fun and pass it on to others!

7. How much time will you be able to spend:
A. On the servers?
I currently play approximately 4 hours of Tf2 per day, of which I play about 1.5 hours on tf2swapshop servers.

B. On the forums?
I can spend about 45 minutes per day on the forums.

8. How long have you been playing on our group of servers?
I have been playing on swapshop servers since about April of 2015

9. List a reputation thread here (your SteamRep URL and/or other reputation threads):
https://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198186871167

10. If you have alternate accounts, list any alternative accounts that you own:
I currently have an alt account named: Doodlebob12345678910

11. Describe a time when you lost control of your emotions and how you were able to cope with the situation:
It has got to be the time where I had been playing basketball and the coach of my team pulled me out, sat me down and said I really sucked at point guard, so he wanted to remove me from the team. I was furious, but managed to calm myself down after about 10 minutes when i realized i was quite bad at point guard. After that i was able to understand and agree with the coach.

12. What do you consider in your personality to be strengths? What do you consider in your personality to be weaknesses?
On an average day, I'm pretty chill, I enjoy working with friends to achieve a common goal, such as capturing a control point of the intelligence briefcase.
I can get a bit "tense" where I can be hard to work with when I'm feeling grumpy, but that is rare. And usually only lasts for about 20 min, when i go outside and take a breather.
But I'm normally a pretty chill kind of guy.

13. Assess these attributes from 1 to 10 based on how you see yourself:
  • Logical: 9
  • Patient: 7
  • Reactive: 6
  • Creative: 10
  • Polite: 9
  • Reasonable: 9
  • Objective: 7
  • Perceptive: 8
  • Compassionate: 8
  • Troubleshooter: 9

14. After you become an admin, how would you react to these situations below:
A: How would you deal with a person who was making racist comments?
I would ask them how they would feel if they were the one who was being down talked, then ask them to politely stop. And if they refuse to stop, after numerous reminders, I would mute them temporarily.

B: A group of players are offended by remarks that another player made, but you yourself do not find them to be offensive. How would you respond?
I would talk to them about if it would be reasonable for the remarks to be offensive then suggest the option that the could mute the offensive player. Or just mute to offensive player if they are effecting the majority of the server.

C: How would you deal with players who micspam?
Politely ask them to be mature and stop, then say : "other players deserve time on the mic, and it looks like yours is used up for now, so can you please stop mic spamming?"
And if they refuse, I would mute them.

D: Another TF2SS admin is exploiting their powers in game; what will you do about it?
I would consult a higher power, as soon as possible, and try to reassure the other players on the server have a good time no matter what the circumstances.

E: What would you do when answering a report that [username] is speed hacking on one of our servers?
1. Join the server
2. Greet all players in a friendly way
3. Observe the player accused of speed hacking
4. Get some backstory on what is happening, while gathering data from  other players who reported the user and those who did not
5. Decide weather or not they are legitimately hacking or not
6. Reach a consensus with other players
7. Record their actions (player accused of hacking)
8. Take nessicary disciplinary action

F: A regular user threatens to ban another player if they do not comply with rules that do not exist. What will you do about it?
First of all, tell the user being threatened, that the threatening player has no power over anybody but themselves.
Politely ask the threatening player to "cool their jets" And not to impersonate administrators or other staff members.
Inform the player of the server rules they are breaking by impersonating an administrator. Supply a list of legitimate administrators and  staff members to the player being threatened.

G: A group of enemy players dominate you, ignoring everyone else and changing teams if you join the team they are on, killing only you over and over again. What will you do about it?
This is probably a silly answer, but I would stay in spawn and dance! Because who doesn't love a good session of mannrobics or conga line? Plus if the enemy players manage to enter the enemy spawn its likely they are breaking the server rules by exploits or spawn camping.

H: How do you deal with a player who comments publicly that: you are an asshole, the server sucks ass, and continues to insult anyone who kills them with profanity & by screaming on the mic?
I would ask them to stop politely, if they persist to complain, I would mute them and ignore them. And tell other players to do likewise.

I: A regular player on our server says that they will offer free godmode for anyone who trades a hat to them. What will you do about it?
I would say its a sham in chat, then tell them server rules regarding scamming. And if they persist, I would ban them for a day for scamming.

J: A player who bought the Headless Horsemann perk from the shop complains after another player slays him/her. What do you tell the slayed Headless Horsemann player?
Its a game ,there will always be people with more credits than you have, play on our servers to gain more! I would tell the player that that perk is only used for killing, and the other player killed you, so fair is fair, and he was smart and took out the threat of his team, and there is always next time!

After filling out this application, what are your feelings toward becoming a Server Admin on our servers?
I would love to help make this great community a better place fro all players, new and old, premium or free to play, its a  safe environment for everybody to play and have a great time with their Team Fortress 2 experience!

Offline Psy

• Butt Administrator
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Master
  • I'm retarded.
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Re: ⠀⠀⠀Fox - Game Server Admin Application
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2016, 03:56:16 AM »
Please make your backpack public.
AFK like JFK

Offline Fox

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2016, 10:18:10 AM »
Ok, it is now public.

Offline BloodRain

• Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Hero
  • "Even lies contain some truth."
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2016, 12:03:57 PM »
1.) Do you speak any other languages other than English?

2.) Can you please use an alias that isn't blanked out? (It's weird that it shows on Steam but not on the site.)

Offline Fox

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2016, 07:06:35 PM »
Yes, I know a fair bit of Spanish! And am learning Finnish ( slowly)

And yes, thanks for reminding me about my username, I believe I have fixed the issue with the blanks in my alias.

And I hope we can talk over a Skype call or steam voice chat? or possibly Send me a steam friend request so we can make communication easier! My profile link ---> http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198186871167

Offline Psy

• Butt Administrator
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Master
  • I'm retarded.
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2016, 12:57:30 PM »
Quote from: Application Guidelines - Tips for Writing Your Application
Demonstrate proper grammar and punctuation.

I suggest going over your whole application and fixing all the errors present.
AFK like JFK

Offline Psy

• Butt Administrator
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Master
  • I'm retarded.
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2016, 05:17:39 PM »
Please answer the following questions.

13. Assess these attributes from 1 to 10 based on how you see yourself:
Logical: 9
Patient: 7
Reactive: 6
Creative: 10
Polite: 9
Reasonable: 9
Objective: 7
Perceptive: 8
Compassionate: 8
Troubleshooter: 9

Why do you rate yourself a bit low on Reactive and Objective?

B: A group of players are offended by remarks that another player made, but you yourself do not find them to be offensive. How would you respond?
I would talk to them about if it would be reasonable for the remarks to be offensive then suggest the option that the could mute the offensive player. Or just mute to offensive player if they are effecting the majority of the server.

See, in this situation, you're an admin. Your job is to ensure a safe and enjoyable environment. When someone complains to you about being offended by other players, you're supposed to act upon it, not just tell them to mute the players.

F: A regular user threatens to ban another player if they do not comply with rules that do not exist. What will you do about it?
First of all, tell the user being threatened, that the threatening player has no power over anybody but themselves.
Politely ask the threatening player to "cool their jets" And not to impersonate administrators or other staff members.
Inform the player of the server rules they are breaking by impersonating an administrator. Supply a list of legitimate administrators and  staff members to the player being threatened.

What would you do if the player continued impersonating an admin?

H: How do you deal with a player who comments publicly that: you are an asshole, the server sucks ass, and continues to insult anyone who kills them with profanity & by screaming on the mic?
I would ask them to stop politely, if they persist to complain, I would mute them and ignore them. And tell other players to do likewise.

What do you mean by this?
AFK like JFK

Offline Psy

• Butt Administrator
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Master
  • I'm retarded.
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2016, 01:04:45 AM »
Because you did not reply to the questions asked within 3 days, your application has been suspended.

You have 7 days to reply before your application is denied for inactivity.
AFK like JFK

Offline Fox

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2016, 03:52:16 PM »
About my traits. When I say i'm not very reactive I mean, that I take a little bit longer to process something that has occurred. Ant what I mean by objective is that I don't use emotion to judge the situation.

Offline Psy

• Butt Administrator
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Master
  • I'm retarded.
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2016, 03:56:08 PM »
Thank you for responding on your application.

Your application has been re-opened.

Please answer the other questions.
AFK like JFK

Offline Fox

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2016, 10:37:07 PM »

What do you mean by this?

Well,  I suppose I gave not such a clear answer. What i would do is ask them to stop kindly, then if they continue with the "raging" I would mute them.

Offline Psy

• Butt Administrator
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Master
  • I'm retarded.
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2016, 03:53:42 AM »
Inform the player of the server rules they are breaking by impersonating an administrator. Supply a list of legitimate administrators and  staff members to the player being threatened.

What would you do if the player continued impersonating an admin?

You still haven't answered this question.
AFK like JFK

Offline Fox

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2016, 05:46:54 PM »
Oh, thanks for reminding me.

Offline Fox

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2016, 05:50:52 PM »
Well,  what I would do if they keep impersonating an admin or other staff member is for the second offense I would give them a ban for about an hour  or possible a day (I don't know the ban times possible to administer).

But if they continue to do it a third time I would give them a longer ban, but by the 4th time I would give them a permanent ban.

Offline Psy

• Butt Administrator
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Master
  • I'm retarded.
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2016, 06:02:45 AM »
Thank you for answering my questions.
AFK like JFK