• March 29, 2024, 02:36:20 AM

Author Topic: [BMF]Warden - Game Server Admin Application  (Read 2220 times)

Offline [BMF]Warden

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
[BMF]Warden - Game Server Admin Application
« on: August 02, 2016, 12:43:36 AM »
1. Which position do you wish to apply for?
Game Server Admin

2. Do you have a microphone that you are willing to use?
Yes

3. Age:

4. What Time Zone do you live in?
Centeral Eastern

5. List and describe any previous supervisory, administrative or management experience,­ in or out of the game:
I am currently the owner of Free For All 2 on Garry's Mod. I also administrate another server known as Free For All 1, which is owned by the owner of BMF clan. I am a fair owner/super admin and many of my friends can vouch for me. {VGR*} [BMF] Akula is one of them, as he is my head admin. I am also admin on Venice Inferno, a very popular server on a game called "Sauerbraten", I am generally liked there too. I was also super admin on a BMF server on TF2 that was owned by the owner of the BMF clan, but the server has since shut down as we do not have the money to keep it online.

6. What are your goals in this community - or, why do you want to hold this position?
I want to keep peace on the server, ban cheaters and keep players in line. I dislike the fact that I play somewhat often on this server just to find cheaters that I cannot ban. I want to be able to deal bans to cheaters and ensure that the server is fun for everyone and nobody can get away with cheating.

As the administrators can see, I have much experience as an administrator on several other servers. I will get to the point. I want to keep the place clean and safe so nobody can break rules and get away from it. I get the job done and I get it done good.

7. How much time will you be able to spend:
A. On the servers?
I am busy with work and soon will have college, but I will be on at least 3 times a week, and I will spend around 2 or 3 hours on at a time. I will usually be on here much more than 3 times a week, but at the most busy of times it could get that low.

B. On the forums?
I am not really a person who spends time on forum website. However, if you require me to be on for any reason related to my position, I will be on. If my admin rank depends on it, I will be on here.

8. How long have you been playing on our group of servers?
I'd say a couple of months. I really love these servers.

9. List a reputation thread here (your SteamRep URL and/or other reputation threads):
https://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198138952026

10. If you have alternate accounts, list any alternative accounts that you own:

11. Describe a time when you lost control of your emotions and how you were able to cope with the situation:
I don't recall any time where I've lost control of my emotions as an administrator. But when I have become upset, I have usually just left the game or gone silent. I don't abuse or attack other players.

12. What do you consider in your personality to be strengths? What do you consider in your personality to be weaknesses?
I am firm and absolute. I do not forgive people for breaking rules because they are my friends. I am not biased when dealing bans. The only weakness to that is the fact that my friends get mad when I ban them for breaking rules.

13. Assess these attributes from 1 to 10 based on how you see yourself:
  • Logical: 10
  • Patient: 10
  • Reactive: 5
  • Creative: 8
  • Polite: 9
  • Reasonable: 10
  • Objective: 10
  • Perceptive: 10
  • Compassionate: 8
  • Troubleshooter: 9

14. After you become an admin, how would you react to these situations below:
A: How would you deal with a person who was making racist comments?
If the server rules say to ban them or give a warning, I will follow the rule.

B: A group of players are offended by remarks that another player made, but you yourself do not find them to be offensive. How would you respond?
It depends on the comment. If the comment is actually offensive to a group or party, then I will have to deal with it. If not, then I will probably tell them that there is nothing I can do.

C: How would you deal with players who micspam?
Warn them, and if they continue, I would gag.

D: Another TF2SS admin is exploiting their powers in game; what will you do about it?
I would report it on the forums. I'm assuming that is the correct action to take.

E: What would you do when answering a report that [username] is speed hacking on one of our servers?
I would investigate for myself. If I find that the person is speedhacking, I would ban.

F: A regular user threatens to ban another player if they do not comply with rules that do not exist. What will you do about it?
I would make it obvious to the server population that the user making threats is infact not an admin and I would warn him/her to not make such threats again. If they continue, I would ban.

G: A group of enemy players dominate you, ignoring everyone else and changing teams if you join the team they are on, killing only you over and over again. What will you do about it?
They wouldn't dominate me. If they did manage to do that, I would probably just go into spectate.

H: How do you deal with a player who comments publicly that: you are an asshole, the server sucks ass, and continues to insult anyone who kills them with profanity & by screaming on the mic?
I would assume that insulting admins is against the rules, and micspam is against the rules too. Two rules that could earn a warning and a ban if it continues.

I: A regular player on our server says that they will offer free godmode for anyone who trades a hat to them. What will you do about it?
I would probably just ban him. You don't need people who lie and scam playing on these wonderful servers.

J: A player who bought the Headless Horsemann perk from the shop complains after another player slays him/her. What do you tell the slayed Headless Horsemann player?
That you agree to the terms of buying the perk, which includes you getting killed right after. Nothing can be done about it.

After filling out this application, what are your feelings toward becoming a Server Admin on our servers?
I think that I could become admin if you guys have any faith in me. If you need proof of my adminstrator(ship?) on other servers, you could go on Garry's Mod and find "Free For All 2 - BMFGaming.NET" and I will confirm that I am infact the owner of the server.

I really love the servers that you guys have here, and it's basically the only place I go on besides MVM. I really hope you guys consider my application. Thanks!

Offline Psy

• Butt Administrator
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Master
  • I'm retarded.
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Re: [BMF]Warden - Game Server Admin Application
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2016, 12:49:22 AM »
Quote from: Warden's Profile
417 hours on record

Quote from: Application Guidelines
You must have at least 1,000 total hours on Team Fortress 2.*

You need at least 1000 hours to apply for Staff.

Application denied. You may re-apply once you have met this requirement.
AFK like JFK