• April 29, 2024, 10:44:59 AM

Author Topic: Chummy - Game Server Admin Application  (Read 3204 times)

Offline BruhBot

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Chummy - Game Server Admin Application
« on: August 06, 2016, 01:23:50 AM »
1. Which position do you wish to apply for?
Game Server Admin

2. Do you have a microphone that you are willing to use?
Yes

3. Age:

4. What Time Zone do you live in?
Eastern

5. List and describe any previous supervisory, administrative or management experience,­ in or out of the game:
Recently just some groups.

6. What are your goals in this community - or, why do you want to hold this position?
I have seen many people getting harassed or bullied in and out of the swapshop servers. As a admin I wish to solve these problems so players can have a great tf2 experience.

7. How much time will you be able to spend:
A. On the servers?
Daytime: 4 hours
Nighttime: 7 Hours

B. On the forums?
Anytime that I can be. Including on my phone.

8. How long have you been playing on our group of servers?
5 Months

9. List a reputation thread here (your SteamRep URL and/or other reputation threads):
http://steamcommunity.com/id/  
therealpyroshark
 /

10. If you have alternate accounts, list any alternative accounts that you own:
I do not have any.

11. Describe a time when you lost control of your emotions and how you were able to cope with the situation:

12. What do you consider in your personality to be strengths? What do you consider in your personality to be weaknesses?
Well one pro and con is that I don't show emotion when I talk. That could be a pro if I don't want to sound mad. It can also be a con if I want to sound mad. Another pro is that I'm lenient  or generous. That doesn't mean I would let someone get away. A con is that I kill people a lot in game. Which usually irritates them.

13. Assess these attributes from 1 to 10 based on how you see yourself:
  • Logical: 7
  • Patient: 5
  • Reactive: 8
  • Creative: 9
  • Polite: 5
  • Reasonable: 7
  • Objective: 8
  • Perceptive: 6
  • Compassionate: 9
  • Troubleshooter: 7

14. After you become an admin, how would you react to these situations below:
A: How would you deal with a person who was making racist comments?
I would ask them to please stop making the comments. If they continued they will be muted or gagged. Depending on what they are using.

B: A group of players are offended by remarks that another player made, but you yourself do not find them to be offensive. How would you respond?
Even though I don't find it offensive I will ask the player to stop with the comments. If they continue they will be muted or gagged.

C: How would you deal with players who micspam?
I would first ask them nicely to stop. But if they keep mic spamming they will be muted.

D: Another TF2SS admin is exploiting their powers in game; what will you do about it?
I will either take a screenshot or make a video. Then give it to a head admin.

E: What would you do when answering a report that [username] is speed hacking on one of our servers?
I would first join the enemy team to see how he kills me. If it looks suspicious I will spectate them. And if they really are hacking they will be banned permanently.

F: A regular user threatens to ban another player if they do not comply with rules that do not exist. What will you do about it?
I will tell the player that is being threatened they can't really do that. And don't worry. I will give the other player a warning. But if they do it again they will be banned.

G: A group of enemy players dominate you, ignoring everyone else and changing teams if you join the team they are on, killing only you over and over again. What will you do about it?
This happens a lot of times. I don't really pay much attention to it.

H: How do you deal with a player who comments publicly that: you are an asshole, the server sucks ass, and continues to insult anyone who kills them with profanity & by screaming on the mic?
I have been called an asshole before lol I just shrug it off. If they start saying bad stuff about the server and insulting people I will first warn them. Once again if they continue they will be muted or gagged.

I: A regular player on our server says that they will offer free godmode for anyone who trades a hat to them. What will you do about it?
I will tell anyone that wants to trade that it's a scam. And I will ban the scammer for a week.

J: A player who bought the Headless Horsemann perk from the shop complains after another player slays him/her. What do you tell the slayed Headless Horsemann player?
I would say sorry but there is nothing I can do about it.

After filling out this application, what are your feelings toward becoming a Server Admin on our servers?
I feel like I could help out the swapshop community.

Offline Yee B Games

• Chef
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Veteran
  • Where's the F****** lamb sauce?!
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Re: Chummy - Game Server Admin Application
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2016, 01:38:19 AM »
even though you are a good friend of mine, that doesn't mean I won't be honest here about your application that you have made.
Now, looking over and reading your app, I see the start of a potentially good admin. However, the app itself is shrouded with many grammatical, spelling, and sentence structure related errors. I highly suggest going through your app and fixing said errors. You want to seem proffesional, if you really want this position, you'd want to make your app look like you actually tried with some of the things you said.
Not to be rude, but your app needs a lot of touching up, go through your app and fix up the things I listed above, and I think a good app will be in place.

Fix up said errors and I will support you in the following week.
Go on then. You Pompous F***

Offline Psy

• Butt Administrator
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Master
  • I'm retarded.
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Re: Chummy - Game Server Admin Application
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2016, 01:56:56 AM »
You're about 6 months away from turning 16 and therefore you are too young to apply for administration at this time.

As a result, your application has been denied.

You may reapply again once you have met our requirements.
AFK like JFK