• April 29, 2024, 03:46:36 AM

Author Topic: AsianPanda(Screamin' Eagle's) - Game Server Admin Application  (Read 9258 times)

Offline Gummy Bear | Designer

• Forum Visitor
  • Always have a dream and keep it.
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
AsianPanda(Screamin' Eagle's) - Game Server Admin Application
« on: August 09, 2016, 02:18:34 PM »
1. Which position do you wish to apply for?
Game Server Admin

2. Do you have a microphone that you are willing to use?
Yes

3. Age:

4. What Time Zone do you live in?
Central Time Zone

5. List and describe any previous supervisory, administrative or management experience,­ in or out of the game:
I've been a co-owner of Box Trot Spies back around 2014. I was then removed because the server was going down. I decided to apply as an admin of the Duck Server and I got accepted and still keep an eye of suspecious things. I also get reports of the server and it'll send it to me.

6. What are your goals in this community - or, why do you want to hold this position?
My goals of this community is to keep this server running without hackers ruining others enjoyment. Hackers are examples of no skill and it'll won't help the community due to the fact that it'll ruin people's entertainment and would ruin the community. That's why I try to apply this position to make sure no hacker could slip through and would keep him or herself out if necessary.

7. How much time will you be able to spend:
A. On the servers?
Mostly, I'll be able to go in the servers about 10 hours a week because I really like these servers and it's fun to meet new people.

B. On the forums?
I'll spend about 10 hours a week, depending if there is new updates about the server and other important info.

8. How long have you been playing on our group of servers?
I've been playing on these servers for about 3 years already. I've been on and on because meeting new people and trading is the best experience that someone would have and I would have a better understanding of how the server runs on a daily basis.

9. List a reputation thread here (your SteamRep URL and/or other reputation threads):
http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198060358017

10. If you have alternate accounts, list any alternative accounts that you own:
None.

11. Describe a time when you lost control of your emotions and how you were able to cope with the situation:
The last time I've lost my control was when I had to deal with the hacker. The hacker wouldn't admit he was hacking but he clearly was. So I decided to report the situation, and one of the admins asked me what was going on. I explained the situation in details, and the hacker was immediately banned.

12. What do you consider in your personality to be strengths? What do you consider in your personality to be weaknesses?
My personality's strength is being friends with one another. I'm a great guy to get along with. My personality's weakness nothing. I'm mainly a positive guy that is always there.

13. Assess these attributes from 1 to 10 based on how you see yourself:
  • Logical: 10
  • Patient: 9
  • Reactive: 10
  • Creative: 10
  • Polite: 10
  • Reasonable: 9
  • Objective: 10
  • Perceptive: 9
  • Compassionate: 9
  • Troubleshooter: 8

14. After you become an admin, how would you react to these situations below:
A: How would you deal with a person who was making racist comments?
I would ask the person that reported the offender what's going on. If the reporter tells me everything that witnesses say was correct, I would give the offender a punishment. If the offender continues, I would gag him.

B: A group of players are offended by remarks that another player made, but you yourself do not find them to be offensive. How would you respond?
I would tell the group of players to tell me why it's offended and I would tell them why I don't think it's offensive. Then, I'll figure out a logical punishment if the player tells me a good point.

C: How would you deal with players who micspam?
I would deal mic spammers by muting them for about 30 minutes. If I get more reports of the same person in the same day, I would additionally add more because no one wants to hear a mic on longer than it needs to be. If it's a conversational talk like a paragraph, I'll let it slide.

D: Another TF2SS admin is exploiting their powers in game; what will you do about it?
I will tell the admin to knock it off before he'll get in trouble. If he continues to act like the way he is, I'll send a report of the abusive admin and make a good reason why he should be kicked from being an admin.

E: What would you do when answering a report that [username] is speed hacking on one of our servers?
I would ask the reporter to tell me the details. If I physically see the hacker using speed hacks, I'll ban him for using hacks.

F: A regular user threatens to ban another player if they do not comply with rules that do not exist. What will you do about it?
I'll tell the player that they don't have the right to ban someone if they don't follow their rules. They don't have the power of telling people what to do. They only have the right to obey the rules and have fun with people that also follows the rules.

G: A group of enemy players dominate you, ignoring everyone else and changing teams if you join the team they are on, killing only you over and over again. What will you do about it?
I would mainly just join Spectate or tell the player to stop killing me. If he ignores me, I'll just join Spectate. There's no point of kicking him because he's just killing. Also, it may be rude of killing the same person and over again, but there's no rule of killing the same person over and over again.

H: How do you deal with a player who comments publicly that: you are an asshole, the server sucks ass, and continues to insult anyone who kills them with profanity & by screaming on the mic?
If a player was saying negative things about the server, I would gag him for a day because no one wants a negative person in the server. This server is meant to meet new people and see what skill they have. If I have to deal with profanity of kids, they'll be muted because they shouldn't be using those kind of words at their young age.

I: A regular player on our server says that they will offer free godmode for anyone who trades a hat to them. What will you do about it?
I would tell the player to let off the trade. If he doesn't obey, I'll ban him for trade scam and impersonating as an admin. There's no point of trying to scam an innocent person for a "admin" power. The player should feel guilty for doing it if I had to deal with it.

J: A player who bought the Headless Horsemann perk from the shop complains after another player slays him/her. What do you tell the slayed Headless Horsemann player?
I would tell the HHH why he bought it. If he tells me a good reason, I'll tell the other player that was complaining that it's just a game and just join Spectate until the perk is over. There's no reason of kicking or banning or muting someone if it doesn't bother anyone or offends anyone.

After filling out this application, what are your feelings toward becoming a Server Admin on our servers?
Right now, I feel like I've been playing on TF2SS servers for 3 years and I've enough experience how of a server should run. I want to make this server friendly as possible and make trades even as possible. If anything happens to this server, I would be sad. This was my dream of helping a successful company that owns this server and I really hope I would be in this community.
Whatever happens, Surfing is always the best. B)

Offline Yee B Games

• Chef
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Veteran
  • Where's the F****** lamb sauce?!
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Re: AsianPanda(Screamin' Eagle's) - Game Server Admin Application
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2016, 02:33:52 PM »
On number 13, why do you mark yourself nearly perfect on every asset?
Go on then. You Pompous F***

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2016, 02:35:13 PM »

I have a great personality to people, Yee B Games.

Offline Biscuit

• Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Veteran
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2016, 05:12:26 PM »
I've been a co-owner of Box Trot Spies back around 2014. I was then removed because the server was going down. I decided to apply as an admin of the Duck Server and I got accepted and still keep an eye of suspecious things. I also get reports of the server and it'll send it to me.

Please link us to your "Duck Server" Steam group page or to an associated forum of any kind if one exists.

If a player was saying negative things about the server, I would gag him for a day because no one wants a negative person in the server. This server is meant to meet new people and see what skill they have. If I have to deal with profanity of kids, they'll be muted because they shouldn't be using those kind of words at their young age.

Do you believe that profanity only used by younger players is an offense that would result in a mute/gag ?

The last time I've lost my control was when I had to deal with the hacker. The hacker wouldn't admit he was hacking but he clearly was. So I decided to report the situation, and one of the admins asked me what was going on. I explained the situation in details, and the hacker was immediately banned.

Can you maybe give us a more personal experience outside of the game? Not relating to Team Fortress 2, but something emotionally stressful that has occurred in your life that you learned to cope with.

My personality's strength is being friends with one another. I'm a great guy to get along with. My personality's weakness nothing. I'm mainly a positive guy that is always there.

Everyone has a weakness. Strength cannot exist without weakness. Do you really believe that you are perfect in every way? Or is this overexaggerated haughtiness of your's really true?

Logical: 10
•Patient: 9
•Reactive: 10
•Creative: 10
•Polite: 10
•Reasonable: 9
•Objective: 10
•Perceptive: 9
•Compassionate: 9
•Troubleshooter: 8

I highly suggest thinking about your ratings and more realistic values.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2016, 07:43:14 PM »

Please link us to your "Duck Server" Steam group page or to an associated forum of any kind if one exists.

Do you believe that profanity only used by younger players is an offense that would result in a mute/gag ?

Can you maybe give us a more personal experience outside of the game? Not relating to Team Fortress 2, but something emotionally stressful that has occurred in your life that you learned to cope with.

Everyone has a weakness. Strength cannot exist without weakness. Do you really believe that you are perfect in every way? Or is this overexaggerated haughtiness of your's really true?

Logical: 10
•Reactive: 10
•Creative: 10
•Objective: 10
•Perceptive: 9
•Compassionate: 9

I highly suggest thinking about your ratings and more realistic values.

Replying for #1.) I don't think I'm in that group anymore, sadly. I can't find the group's name.

Replying for #2.) Yes sir, because a kid shouldn't use profanity due to the fact they are really young to use the words and it's bad for them. Profanity shouldn't be used at all mainly. I would most likely warn them first because they're just kids. If they don't listen, I would mute them for about 5 mins or more if they continue to act badly to others.

Replying for #3) Sadly, I don't really appreciate saying about something that's really negative because it was really cruel in my life. I strongly appreciate if I don't bring it up. But, I only could say that it was a girl's problem that caused me a huge stress in my life.

Replying for #4.)
•Logical: 10
•Reactive: 8
•Creative: 9
•Objective: 9
•Perceptive: 8
•Compassionate: 7

Offline Lunarium

• High Tier Trader
  • Staff Trainer
  • Forum Master
  • Your Deadly skill is jogging? Mine is Murdering.
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2016, 08:03:23 PM »

Tell us why You rated yourself under these high numbers. If people were to think that of  you, they would have done the ratings on you through a poll of some kind. So, please explain why you rated yourself those numbers.

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2016, 08:09:08 PM »

Tell us why You rated yourself under these high numbers. If people were to think that of  you, they would have done the ratings on you through a poll of some kind. So, please explain why you rated yourself those numbers.

The reason why I rated myself those high numbers because I'm very kindly, trustworthy, and appreciate person that someone has ever met me. They know I'm caring and that they understand that I'm a polite person. You may think I'm not, but other people know I'm very positive person. If you want more info, let me know. :)

Offline mia

• TF2SS's Little Pwincess~
  • Server Administrator
  • Forum Veteran
  • Bunny is my happiness. <3
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2016, 03:08:45 PM »

The reason why I rated myself those high numbers because I'm very kindly, trustworthy, and appreciate person that someone has ever met me. They know I'm caring and that they understand that I'm a polite person. You may think I'm not, but other people know I'm very positive person. If you want more info, let me know. :)
But it shouldn't matter how other people see it. It's supposed to be based on how YOU, see yourself.
Tiny Baby Legs

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2016, 03:51:05 PM »

But it shouldn't matter how other people see it. It's supposed to be based on how YOU, see yourself.

I know, I'm saying about myself. I have a positive personality when it comes to anything that's important. For me, I want to apply to be an admin because I want to improve the community.

Offline BloodRain

• Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Hero
  • "Even lies contain some truth."
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2016, 10:51:27 AM »
How do you define Admin abuse?

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2016, 11:24:14 AM »
How do you define Admin abuse?

By definition of an Admin abuse, one will use his powers over the less powerful players and use them as a "slave" because an Admin with abusive ideas would always make people do what they want to do otherwise they'll "ban" them for no good reason. They'll make people give them stuff or other things that would hurt the community.

Offline BloodRain

• Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Hero
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2016, 11:32:54 AM »
By definition of an Admin abuse, one will use his powers over the less powerful players and use them as a "slave" because an Admin with abusive ideas would always make people do what they want to do otherwise they'll "ban" them for no good reason. They'll make people give them stuff or other things that would hurt the community.

Can you elaborate a bit more? Or give an example?

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2016, 11:35:42 AM »

Sure, if an Admin uses his abuse on weaker people, he would mainly commands the players to do what he says and if the player(s) doesn't listen, he'll immediately ban them for no good reason. For example: Let's say I was the admin abuser, and I made one of my friends give me all of his stuff. If he doesn't give me the items I demanded, he would be perm-banned, for not listening to me.

Offline BloodRain

• Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Hero
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2016, 11:44:39 AM »

Sure, if an Admin uses his abuse on weaker people, he would mainly commands the players to do what he says and if the player(s) doesn't listen, he'll immediately ban them for no good reason. For example: Let's say I was the admin abuser, and I made one of my friends give me all of his stuff. If he doesn't give me the items I demanded, he would be perm-banned, for not listening to me.

In my opinion, there's more to it than unjust Admin orders and resulting consequences that are abusive. It's knowing why we don't use Admin commands entirely. The big picture. Even if you were using commands that are not affecting gameplay, other players can see those commands being used. That's when we get inexperienced children that apply, and not potentially-decent Admins. 

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2016, 11:48:24 AM »

In my opinion, there's more to it than unjust Admin orders and resulting consequences that are abusive. It's knowing why we don't use Admin commands entirely. The big picture. Even if you were using commands that are not affecting gameplay, other players can see those commands being used. That's when we get inexperienced children that apply, and not potentially-decent Admins.

I understand. Mainly, I want to apply to help out the community. Glad to help people that are reporting the suspect and giving them a reasonable punishment. Admin means helping the server run and always keeping the community friendly and fun.