• April 27, 2024, 02:54:50 PM

Author Topic: Instigating.  (Read 4192 times)

Offline Penny Fitzgerald

• the Assmin
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Member
  • Get over here!
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Instigating.
« on: August 14, 2016, 10:36:14 PM »
I know some players and admins are dealing with people purposely stirring up conflict. But what do you think of the word and how it shoudl be regulated on here? I will say my piece when the time comes. Mainly because i dont want to name people. But what do you guys think? SHould It be regulated on here before it reaches to points of rule breaking?
Aww Mickey, what a pity you don't understand!

Offline theSipow

• Cum Administrator
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Hero
  • Jai Geru Deva Om
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Re: Instigating.
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2016, 06:04:29 PM »
This is a touchy subject depending on how serious it. For example, if one player is trying to start something by racial slurs or offending subjects and no one is responding or paying attention, that 'one player' should be gagged or muted (situational) however long seems fair. But if the player starting something gets attention, and more players are responding with unnecessary and immature responses that may include harassment, racial slurs, etc. All players should be muted or gagged. They should know better than to act like that. But again, this is a very situational and touchy subject, and there can be more than one solutions and situations. It's hard to cover.
\_\_\_\_\_\_\_\_(  ̿  ̿  ̿  ̿°̿̿ ̿ ̿  ̿ ͜ʖ ̿ ̿ ̿ ̿ ̿ ̿°̿  ̿  ̿)_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/
i blame sipow

Offline tsun ツ

• your local weaboo
  • Forum Poster
  • ໒( ●ᴥ ●)ʋ u wot m8
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Re: Instigating.
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2016, 07:47:45 AM »
I know some players and admins are dealing with people purposely stirring up conflict.
I've personally have dealt with players who have " antagonized" me, and or were trying to harass me just for being an admin and doing my job.  I feel like we (SwapShop) should have a form topic about these kinds of things.  I feel like if we have a topic like this it will be easier for people to vent or reach out and let us know whats going on.  Ive been in a situation where i handled a report for user(s) saying racist, sexist, and homophobic slurs.  Once i arrived the users abused it by saying other words when i told them to watch what they are saying.  They continued to antagonize me and say badmin and gtfo and so and a so forth. Overall id like to see a topic so we can handle these situations more professionally. 

Thank you for your time

-Reno <3
oh-haiyo~