• April 27, 2024, 01:57:08 AM

Author Topic: CvTheBudder#lolol - Game Server Admin Application  (Read 4222 times)

Offline CvTheBudder#Pudder

• Forum Visitor
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fa2RIlsbOvA
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
CvTheBudder#lolol - Game Server Admin Application
« on: September 10, 2016, 11:34:18 PM »
1. Which position do you wish to apply for?
Game Server Admin

2. Do you have a microphone that you are willing to use?
Yes

3. Age:

4. What Time Zone do you live in?
EST, USA

5. List and describe any previous supervisory, administrative or management experience,­ in or out of the game:
I have never been in management for a server or game. But, I think that I have the qualifications to be an admin.

6. What are your goals in this community - or, why do you want to hold this position?
Because, I would like to be an admin. To make the servers happy and healthy and to make people not so toxic. Toxic as in people who are making the game not being so worthy of playing. Because, we all want people to have a good time here on Tf2 especially on TF2SS servers in general.

7. How much time will you be able to spend:
A. On the servers?
Well, I am always on the Trade server 2. I go all day from school until 4:00 PM (EST) So, I won't be on sometime because of homework. But, on weekends you can count on me. And you can also count of especially during the summer time.

B. On the forums?
I will try to be on the forums on a daily basis. I will use them as my guidelines and to also to communicate as well.

8. How long have you been playing on our group of servers?
Well, I started on TF2SS since I started Steam or Tf2. So, for good solid 3 years. I have seen some changes. Some changes iv'e seen are mostly in the community the community is getting bigger and might I say strong. Strong personality's and different types of people. 2016 is like a wake up call for people who haven't been on TF2SS Severs for a while.

9. Do you speak any languages other than English?
A little of Spanish, but not that much to carry on a conversation.

10. Link your SteamRep and other sources that show your reputation here:
https://steamrep.com/search?q=http%3A%2F%2Fsteamcommunity.com%2Fprofiles%2F76561198076001868

11. If you have alternate accounts, list any alternate accounts that you own:
No alternates. Only main account.

12. Describe a time when you lost control of your emotions and how you were able to cope with the situation (P.S: This can be about anything; it doesn't have to be from in-game.):
I never really had that many problems with anyone on the servers. Unless the are compete and udder toxic (Toxic as in people who make the game and others feel and make it bad) then of course I will have something to say about them a time or two. But, it is just to same way with me in real life as well. I have yelled at some people in my time because of there behavior towards me or others. Like people in school picking on one of my friends, I will surely say something about it.

13. What do you consider in your personality to be strengths? What do you consider in your personality to be weaknesses?
I am a nice guy if you get to know me, I am pretty caring. I love to make other friends. My weakness would be that sometimes I can be a little bit too nice to people that don't deserve it because they are mean back, but if they are not so nice I will be not so nice to them either. I can also be strict at some points if I need to as well. Because, admin-ship isn't all fun and games and I know that.

14. Assess these attributes from 1 to 10 based on how you see yourself:
  • Logical: 7
  • Patient: 9
  • Reactive: 7
  • Creative: 9
  • Polite: 9
  • Reasonable: 9
  • Objective: 7
  • Perceptive: 8
  • Compassionate: 9
  • Troubleshooter: 7
  • Honest: 10

15. After you become an admin, how would you react to these situations below:
A: How would you deal with a person who was making racist comments?
I would tell them that they should not be doing that, and I would either give them a warning or if they don't follow the rules or regulations a kick or a ban would take care of the situation at hand. Because, everyone is clearly equal.

B: A group of players are offended by remarks that another player made, but you yourself do not find them to be offensive. How would you respond?
I would tell them that it may not be offensive but, it might hurt others feeling as well. So please stop. But, if after my warning they still depend on those remarks they will deserve their self a kick or a ban. But, if they are making anything over mic, Muted for 60 minutes.

C: How would you deal with players who micspam?
Give them a warning, if they don't follow; a 60 minute or more mute.

D: Another TF2SS admin is exploiting their powers in game; what will you do about it?
I will warn them that they can be reported on forums. And remind them that there are people who look at forums. Especially the Owner.

E: What would you do when answering a report that [username] is speed hacking on one of our servers?
Try to get to the server as fast as I can to catch him before they do anymore damage and give them a permanent ban because, hacking and or exploiting is not something to be taken as a joke.

F: A regular user threatens to ban another player if they do not comply with rules that do not exist. What will you do about it?
Give them a slight run down of the rules that clearly states that, that rule is clearly not in regulation. But, there is nothing that says in the rules and regulations that there will be any punishment for this type of act. It also, will show up if they are an admin usually, on the admin forum and or on the group page in the Admin or Moderator section.

G: A group of enemy players dominate you, ignoring everyone else and changing teams if you join the team they are on, killing only you over and over again. What will you do about it?
I mean, you really can't do much to them can you? Just try not to get mad at them and wait until they leave.

H: How do you deal with a player who comments publicly that: you are an asshole, the server sucks ass, and continues to insult anyone who kills them with profanity & by screaming on the mic?
Tell them if they do it again that they are going to get a mute (mute around 60 minutes or more), and if people are complaining about the server that they are on why the heck are they playing it? But, if they still complain give them a kick, and if constantly coming back, give them a temporary ban.

I: A regular player on our server says that they will offer free godmode for anyone who trades a hat to them. What will you do about it?
Tell them that they should not do it. Because, there is something called !donate for a reason. But, in my personal opinion I think that the scammer should get banned because, scamming is not something to joke about either, and or reported to Valve for trade scamming.

J: A player who bought the Headless Horsemann perk from the shop complains after another player slays him/her. What do you tell the slayed Headless Horsemann player?
Tell the person that bought the Headless Horsemann, that there is no rules that is against slaying the person. And that tell that specific person that he/or she that you should learn next time that you do it.

K: How do you define Admin abuse?
Admin abuse - is when a Admin of the server at hand goes out of hand to use their powers for unreasonable uses such as: Nocliping, Slaying, or kicking randoms of people for no reason being.

After filling out this application, what are your feelings toward becoming a Server Admin on our servers?
I can't wait to be apart of this community. I have been around and I have seen a thing or two. I am hoping to get there. :) Thank you.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2016, 05:33:56 PM by CvTheBudder#Pudder »
Love life brother. :)
"Underneath the Palm Trees you could leave your worries and listen to the waves." - (Fantasy - Alina Baraz & Galimatias)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fa2RIlsbOvA

Offline theSipow

• Cum Administrator
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Hero
  • Jai Geru Deva Om
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Re: CvTheBudder#lolol - Game Server Admin Application
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2016, 09:16:24 AM »
You may want to fix some grammar and spelling mistakes.
\_\_\_\_\_\_\_\_(  ̿  ̿  ̿  ̿°̿̿ ̿ ̿  ̿ ͜ʖ ̿ ̿ ̿ ̿ ̿ ̿°̿  ̿  ̿)_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/
i blame sipow

Offline CvTheBudder#Pudder

• Forum Visitor
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fa2RIlsbOvA
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Re: Fixes to Application
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2016, 09:38:58 AM »
I fixed everything that I think was necessary for change. I saw the grammatical errors. Thank you for seeing them so I could make the application better. Thanks Siplow. :)
B. On the forums?
I will try to be on the forums more often. I will use them as my guidelines and to also to communicate as well.

Well, I started on TF2SS since I started Steam or Tf2. So, for good solid 3 years. I have seen some changes.
D: Another TF2SS admin is exploiting their powers in game; what will you do about it?
I will warn them that they can be reported on forums. And remind them that there are people who look at forums. Especially the Owner.
J: A player who bought the Headless Horsemann perk from the shop complains after another player slays him/her. What do you tell the slayed Headless Horsemann player?
Well, you are probably just going to have to learn from your mistake now don't you? Because there is not rules against it.

Those are what I fixed. :)
« Last Edit: September 11, 2016, 09:42:10 AM by CvTheBudder#Pudder »
Love life brother. :)
"Underneath the Palm Trees you could leave your worries and listen to the waves." - (Fantasy - Alina Baraz & Galimatias)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fa2RIlsbOvA

Offline theSipow

• Cum Administrator
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Hero
  • Jai Geru Deva Om
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Re: Fixes to Application
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2016, 10:10:49 AM »
\_\_\_\_\_\_\_\_(  ̿  ̿  ̿  ̿°̿̿ ̿ ̿  ̿ ͜ʖ ̿ ̿ ̿ ̿ ̿ ̿°̿  ̿  ̿)_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/
i blame sipow

Offline Yee B Games

• Chef
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Veteran
  • Where's the F****** lamb sauce?!
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2016, 12:12:42 PM »

6. What are your goals in this community - or, why do you want to hold this position?
Because, I would like to be an admin. To make the servers happy and healthy and to make people not so toxic.
Could you possibly describe what you mean by "toxic" players? I understand what you're going at, but do you mean tryhards? Hackers? Annoying people? Could you possibly explain this a little more.

7. How much time will you be able to spend:
A. On the servers?
Well, I am always on the Trade server 2. I have school as well. So, I won't be on sometime because of homework. But, on weekends you can count on me.
Could you possibly give me an allocted ammount of time?

B. On the forums?
I will try to be on the forums more often. I will use them as my guidelines and to also to communicate as well.
Again, could you possibly give me a general ammount of time?

Well, I started on TF2SS since I started Steam or Tf2. So, for good solid 3 years. I have seen some changes.
What kind of changes have you seen?

12. Describe a time when you lost control of your emotions and how you were able to cope with the situation (P.S: This can be about anything; it doesn't have to be from in-game.):
I never really had that many problems with anyone on the servers. Unless the are compete and udder toxic then of course I will have something to say about them a time or two. But, it is just to same way with me in real life as well.
Could you possibly share one of these expereiences? If not, you could always share one from a real-life expereience. As said in the question, it doesn't have to be from an in-game experience.

13. What do you consider in your personality to be strengths? What do you consider in your personality to be weaknesses?
I am a nice guy if you get to know me, I am pretty caring. I love to make other friends. My weakness would be too nice at some points in time. I can also be strict at some points if I need to as well. Because, admin-ship isn't all fun and games and I know that.
Could you possibly share some more traits? What you have is good, but it would be nice if you shared a little bit more. It helps us admins see what your true personality is like.

14. Assess these attributes from 1 to 10 based on how you see yourself:
  • Logical: 6
  • Patient: 9
  • Reactive: 7
  • Creative: 9
  • Polite: 9
  • Reasonable: 9
  • Objective: 7
  • Perceptive: 8
  • Compassionate: 9
  • Troubleshooter: 7
  • Honest: 10
Why do you mark yourself so low on logical?

15. After you become an admin, how would you react to these situations below:
A: How would you deal with a person who was making racist comments?
I would tell them that they should not be doing that, and I would either give them a warning or a slight kick or a ban. Because, everyone is clearly equal.
How long is a "slight ban?" What do you consider as a "slight kick"

B: A group of players are offended by remarks that another player made, but you yourself do not find them to be offensive. How would you respond?
I would tell them that it may not be offensive but, it might hurt others feeling as well. So please stop.
Would any punishment be applied to the people making offensive comments if they continued?

C: How would you deal with players who micspam?
Give them a warning, if they don't follow; a simple mute at hand.
How long is a "simple mute?"

E: What would you do when answering a report that [username] is speed hacking on one of our servers?
Try to get to the server as fast as I can to catch him before that person does any more damage.
What would their punishment be for hacking?

F: A regular user threatens to ban another player if they do not comply with rules that do not exist. What will you do about it?
Give them a slight run down of the rules that clearly states that, that rule is clearly not in regulation.
What would the punishment be if they continued to make up fake rules? Would there even be a punishment?

H: How do you deal with a player who comments publicly that: you are an asshole, the server sucks ass, and continues to insult anyone who kills them with profanity & by screaming on the mic?
Tell them if they do it again that they are going to get a mute, and if people are complaining about the server that they are on why the heck are they playing it?
How long would the mute be? What would you do if the people complaining about the server do not leave?

I: A regular player on our server says that they will offer free godmode for anyone who trades a hat to them. What will you do about it?
Tell them that they should not do it. Because, there is something called !donate for a reason.
What would you do if someone did the trade? What would the punishment be to the scammer if someone did get scammed?

K: How do you define Admin abuse?
Admin abuse - is when a Admin of the server at hand goes out of hand to use their powers for unreasonable uses.
Such as? Could you go a little bit more indepth on this. What are unreasonable uses?

This application was a little bit hard to read due to many grammatical and spelling errors.
I suggest going back and editing your entire app and fixing said errors.
I would also suggest answering my questions and implamenting them into your app.

If you have any more questions feel free to message me on the forums, or add me on steam.
Go on then. You Pompous F***

Offline Psy

• Butt Administrator
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Master
  • I'm retarded.
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2016, 10:27:26 PM »
Give them a slight run down of the rules that clearly states that, that rule is clearly not in regulation. But, there is nothing that says in the rules and regulations that there will be any punishment for this type of act.

It's true that there is no punishment stated for this type of act, however, what if the player is aware of that and he's just pretending to be an admin in order to intimidate players and get them to listen to him? Then what would you do?

Well, you are probably just going to have to learn from your mistake now don't you? Because there is not rules against it.

What was the "mistake" and who made it?
AFK like JFK

Offline BloodRain

• Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Hero
  • "Even lies contain some truth."
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2016, 05:13:58 PM »
Hi Budder,

Due to a recent change in guidelines..

Quote from: Application Guidelines
You must be at least 16 years old.

We are going to have to deny your application. We apologize for the inconvenience.

You may re-apply once you have met our requirements.

Application denied.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2016, 05:20:08 PM by BloodRain »