• April 26, 2024, 11:28:11 PM

Author Topic: Capt. Miles - Game Server Admin Application  (Read 3938 times)

Offline Capt. Miles

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Capt. Miles - Game Server Admin Application
« on: September 08, 2016, 02:31:22 AM »
1. Which position do you wish to apply for?
Game Server Admin

2. Do you have a microphone that you are willing to use?
Yes

3. Age:

4. What Time Zone do you live in?
USA Central time

5. List and describe any previous supervisory, administrative or management experience,­ in or out of the game:
I am Currently A Moderator On a Small server and i have experience in being an admin

6. What are your goals in this community - or, why do you want to hold this position?
I want to uphold the reputation of these servers as a safe place for traders and average players alike, these are my favorite servers I regular here quite often i don't want them to be filled with mic spams and hackers.

7. How much time will you be able to spend:
A. On the servers?
At least 6 hours a day at the most maybe more im not a available during the day on Sundays and Saturdays due to work but at nights im there

B. On the forums?
i can go on the forums at least maybe 2 hours a day i never really was a big fourm fan

8. How long have you been playing on our group of servers?
At least 6 months, i just got my computer working 6 months ago and this was my first server, feels like a year though.

9. Do you speak any languages other than English?
Sadly no i wish i knew German i could improve in these areas but not for a little while

10. Link your SteamRep and other sources that show your reputation here:
https://steamrep.com/profiles/76561197988953334

11. If you have alternate accounts, list any alternate accounts that you own:
i do actually have one alt account but it has no games here it is http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198309235330

12. Describe a time when you lost control of your emotions and how you were able to cope with the situation (P.S: This can be about anything; it doesn't have to be from in-game.):
Well i can remember this time where this kid would not stop antagonizing me and pushing me around, after a while i finally snapped and knocked him to the ground and i wouldn't get off until the teacher pulled me off and i got suspended for a week, since then i have told myself not to do anything like that to someone again, and so for i have been good.

13. What do you consider in your personality to be strengths? What do you consider in your personality to be weaknesses?
I consider myself a outgoing friendly person (probably why i get lots of random friend requests) Im serious i don't joke around when something demands me to take things seriously
i do like joking around though I don't shy away from it

I could be back to that time with the kid mentioned in the last post, i dont know if it will happen again but i can still consider it a weakness,but it does take awhile to get really ticked off like that

14. Assess these attributes from 1 to 10 based on how you see yourself:
  • Logical: 8
  • Patient: 7
  • Reactive: 5
  • Creative: 7
  • Polite: 7
  • Reasonable: 6
  • Objective: 5
  • Perceptive: 6
  • Compassionate: 7
  • Troubleshooter: 5
  • Honest: 9

15. After you become an admin, how would you react to these situations below:
A: How would you deal with a person who was making racist comments?
if the this player is causing problems to other players I give them 3 warnings to stop before i temp gagged them  until they agree to stop and everyone is okay with each other

B: A group of players are offended by remarks that another player made, but you yourself do not find them to be offensive. How would you respond?
Again i would kindly give them some warnings to be nice and hopefully they stop and get along but if they don't i might have to gag them for a little bit

C: How would you deal with players who micspam?
Give them warnings to stop if the people on the server didn't like it, if they dont stop gag them i would not kick someone for micspam unless its was past excessive

D: Another TF2SS admin is exploiting their powers in game; what will you do about it?
Inform them that what they are doing is exploit if they do not stop i would contact the head admin and tell them the situation

E: What would you do when answering a report that [username] is speed hacking on one of our servers?
Join the server go spectator maybe play on the other team and do not revel that im a admin until i see the proof that the hacker report is legit and hacking results in a ban

F: A regular user threatens to ban another player if they do not comply with rules that do not exist. What will you do about it?
Inform them that they do not have the power to threaten to ban people over rules that do not apply to the server might result in a ban due to scamming another player, if they do not stop

G: A group of enemy players dominate you, ignoring everyone else and changing teams if you join the team they are on, killing only you over and over again. What will you do about it?
They are not breaking the rules in any way i refuse to let them anger me i would either just go spec or leave because there are no rules against killing people, that is if i could not kill them just as hard ;)

H: How do you deal with a player who comments publicly that: you are an asshole, the server sucks ass, and continues to insult anyone who kills them with profanity & by screaming on the mic?
They are harassing other players and an admin, gag and possible ban would be in order for breaking rules,the ban is for admin disrespect

I: A regular player on our server says that they will offer free godmode for anyone who trades a hat to them. What will you do about it?
Warn the other players of the scam and inform the person  that they are scamming and i will gag them and ban them if they refuse to stop

J: A player who bought the Headless Horsemann perk from the shop complains after another player slays him/her. What do you tell the slayed Headless Horsemann player?
i tell them that its TF2 and chances are that someone is going to kill you and there are no rules to killing in a game about killing so there is nothing i can do about it just try to push it aside and try not to get angry about

K: How do you define Admin abuse?
Admin abuse is banning people for killing them
kicking people they don't like
gagging someone because they "told them to shut up"
i have been gagged by an admin because i was dominating him then he teleported  me half in a wall and spawn camped me
basically using their powers as an admin for all of the wrong reasons

After filling out this application, what are your feelings toward becoming a Server Admin on our servers?
i really hope this gets accepted because i spent 2 hours on this and its 3 am so that will explain some spelling mistakes but i still want to be and admin and it would be an honor to be an admin here
« Last Edit: September 09, 2016, 10:38:39 PM by Capt. Miles »

Offline snoogans.

• I fiddle with strings on coated plastic and wood
  • Server Administrator
  • Forum Poster
  • Mr. Slump God
    • My awful site
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Re: Capt. Miles - Game Server Admin Application
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2016, 02:35:26 AM »
Some grammatical errors - I suggest revising this and checking for any possible errors  :)
I like salt

Offline BloodRain

• Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Hero
  • "Even lies contain some truth."
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2016, 03:04:50 AM »
I would recommend reading through your application and seeing if you need to add on to anything.

Offline Capt. Miles

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2016, 08:20:00 AM »
i think i added all of the things i can is this enough or do i need to add more?

Offline Hamtaro

• Server's Hamster
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Master
  • Hamha, how are you?
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2016, 12:42:18 PM »
I am Currently A Moderator On a Small server and i have experience in being an admin

Mind naming and linking the server (groups if any as well)?
I don't bite, so feel free to message me if anything.
Hablo español con gran fluidez, asi que deje un mensaje si tienes dudas.

Offline ウイス

• Woah, I never knew my eyes were flashlights!
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Visitor
  • The stratagem deepens.
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2016, 05:40:54 PM »
Full of grammatical errors, and some responses are unsatisfactory.
On top of writing errors, some information that isn't necessary is included. "Fluff" information.

(9. Do you speak any languages other than English?
Sadly no i wish i knew German i could improve in these areas but not for a little while)

For future reference, and just as a tip, only respond to the question directly. We never asked for what you want to speak, but for what you do speak - and it's implied you speak only English. On top of that, the ultimatum reason for the question flew over your head, as evident by your response. The question is just to see if you are seasoned in other languages so you could be called to aid. It is not necessary to know another language, but it seems you thought so. "i wish I knew German I could improve in these areas but not for a little while".

This is some pretty hard nit-picking on my part, but overall, take what I said and apply it to most of your responses and it fits well. I suggest going back and revising the questions for a better understanding, as well as fixing grammatical errors: Your main error appears to be missing the capitalization of "I".

I like pigeons

Offline Psy

• Butt Administrator
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Master
  • I'm retarded.
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2016, 01:06:59 AM »
Thank you for applying for TF2SwapShop administration, however we regret to inform you that we feel that you do not satisfy our standards for server administrators at the moment.

You may re-apply again after 3 months have passed.

Application denied.
AFK like JFK