• April 29, 2024, 10:29:11 AM

Author Topic: Salty The Salty Salt - Game Server Admin Application  (Read 3226 times)

Offline Salty The Salty salt

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Salty The Salty Salt - Game Server Admin Application
« on: September 19, 2016, 05:13:23 AM »
1. Which position do you wish to apply for?
Game Server Admin

2. Have you ever previously applied for a position in TF2SwapShop?
No

3. Do you have a microphone that you are willing to use?
Yes

4. Age:

5. What Time Zone do you live in?
GMT +2

6. List and describe any previous supervisory, administrative or management experience,­ in or out of the game:
I don't have much experience in managing but i'm willing to try and do my best to be a good admin.

7. What are your goals in this community - or, why do you want to hold this position?
I've been playing in your servers for a pretty long time, I enjoy the people there, the rules and the nice admins I met throughout my time playing and I decided that I wanna be one of them, they are doing a great job keeping the server fun and safe.

8. How much time will you be able to spend:
A. On the servers?
Most of my playtime on TF2 lately is on your servers, so i'm mostly playing TF2 and CS:GO because these are my favorite games. I hope i'll spend a decent amount of time on your servers.

B. On the forums?
I'm pretty sure i'll be on the forums also a decent amount of time.

9. How long have you been playing on our group of servers?
For about 2 months+ already.

10. Do you speak any languages other than English?
I also know hebrew, but that's it.

11. Link your SteamRep and other sources that show your reputation here:
I have one of your admins in my friends list, here is his profile:
http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198079488962/
There is one particular server that I have a lot of playtime on and I know many people there:
162.218.64.115:27019

12. If you have alternate accounts, list any alternate accounts that you own:
No, I do not have alternate accounts.

13. Describe a time when you lost control of your emotions and how you were able to cope with the situation (P.S: This can be about anything; it doesn't have to be from in-game.):
I'm a very relexed man, it's rare that I get angry from things, but when it happens, I just try to forget about it by doing other things until I calm down.

14. What do you consider in your personality to be strengths? What do you consider in your personality to be weaknesses?
Well im a very stubborn man and I find it good, I can also understand people and im not bad with making connections.
On the other hand, I (like most people), have some weaknesses like: Sometimes im too patient, likes to get involved in things that doesnt realy have anything to do with me and more...

15. Assess these attributes from 1 to 10 based on how you see yourself:
  • Logical: 8
  • Patient: 10
  • Reactive: 7
  • Creative: 7
  • Polite: 8
  • Reasonable: 9
  • Objective: 8
  • Perceptive: 9
  • Compassionate: 9
  • Troubleshooter: 7
  • Honest: 10

16. After you become an admin, how would you react to these situations below:
A: How would you deal with a person who was making racist comments?
I will warn him 2-3 times before I mute him, if that doesnt work, i'll gag him too. I'm not a big fan of racism.

B: A group of players are offended by remarks that another player made, but you yourself do not find them to be offensive. How would you respond?
Well, i'll warn him 2-3 times and if he won't stop, i'll mute him, Because what matters is that the people on the server will have fun and not get mad.

C: How would you deal with players who micspam?
From what I saw, i'll do what most admins do, because it's the best solution: warn him a few times and then deal with the problem.

D: Another TF2SS admin is exploiting their powers in game; what will you do about it?
I will probably tell one of the higher people to check on him.

E: What would you do when answering a report that [username] is speed hacking on one of our servers?
Well, first i'll check if it's true, and if it is, i'll probably ban him from the server for some time.

F: A regular user threatens to ban another player if they do not comply with rules that do not exist. What will you do about it?
I will explain the rules to everyone on the server so the player being threatened will be calm and then i'll warn the guy who threatened, and use my power if I need to.

G: A group of enemy players dominate you, ignoring everyone else and changing teams if you join the team they are on, killing only you over and over again. What will you do about it?
I won't get mad, they will probably know im an admin. If they don't know it or do know it and doesnt care, i'll ignore them and let them kill me or i'll just stay in spawn until they give up.

H: How do you deal with a player who comments publicly that: you are an asshole, the server sucks ass, and continues to insult anyone who kills them with profanity & by screaming on the mic?
First i'll tell him that if he doesn't like the server, he can disconnect, and if it gets to a realy annoying level I will probably mute him.

I: A regular player on our server says that they will offer free godmode for anyone who trades a hat to them. What will you do about it?
I will warn the other players that it might be a scam operation and the rest is up to them.

J: A player who bought the Headless Horsemann perk from the shop complains after another player slays him/her. What do you tell the slayed Headless Horsemann player?
I will tell him that he chose to buy it and have to deal with the consequences. If he gets slayed, it's his own problem.

K: How do you define Admin abuse?
For me, Admin abuse is when the Admin uses his powers to have an advantage on the regular players like: activating godmode and killing players, doing commands that will make the players mad and more...

After filling out this application, what are your feelings toward becoming a Server Admin on our servers?
Well let me be honest with you, it took me a while to finish it, but after I finished it, I realized I wanna be an Admin on your servers and I hope I can make it. :D

Offline Psy

• Butt Administrator
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Master
  • I'm retarded.
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Re: Salty The Salty Salt - Game Server Admin Application
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2016, 08:27:32 AM »
You have been muted a few times a few months ago, all for micspamming. One of them was issued by me, where you wouldn't stop micspamming after Lethal and I warned you. Then after you were muted, you proceeded to argue with us, throwing in petty insults about SwapShop and the admins.

I seriously don't think you're a fit for the community. But in order to be fair, you may reapply after 3 months.

Application denied.
AFK like JFK