• April 29, 2024, 07:33:35 AM

Author Topic: WereWolfWithAbs - Game Server Admin Application  (Read 4405 times)

Offline WereWolfWithAbs

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
WereWolfWithAbs - Game Server Admin Application
« on: October 03, 2016, 08:04:42 PM »
1. Which position do you wish to apply for?
Game Server Admin

2. Have you ever previously applied for a position in TF2SwapShop?
No

3. List any current staff members you know or have any personal relations with.
Penny.
Biscuit.

4. Do you have a microphone that you are willing to use?
Yes

5. Age:

6. What Time Zone do you live in?
(UTC+10:00) Brisbane

7. List and describe any previous supervisory, administrative or management experience,­ in or out of the game:
Mainly other servers then other then the Trade Swap Shop servers I go on jailbreak servers on the blue team and be the warden for admin training as being a warden aka leader would give me a feel of what it would be like to supervise people.

8. What are your goals in this community - or, why do you want to hold this position?
I would like to hold this position because I like to help others out, it makes me feel better as a person if others get helped out, sometimes admins are offline it annoys me in a way and i know its not there fault i just well want people to be happy.

9. How much time will you be able to spend:
A. On the servers?
I'm willing to spend my quality time on the TF2ss servers if it will help the community. As in hours, I will aim to do at least 4 Hours to up to 12 hrs a day if i have to to make this a better server for all the players.

B. On the forums?
On the forums, I'll would spend up to 4hrs or More if it's required from the TF2ss staff.

10. How long have you been playing on our group of servers?
I have been playing on the servers mostly my entire Team Fortress 2 Service as in play hours which i have been mainly on the mario cart crits server #31 and the #06 and #36 servers.

11. Do you speak any languages other than English?
Sadly I don't speak any languages other then English,

12. Link your SteamRep and other sources that show your reputation here:
http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198148597652

13. If you have alternate accounts, list any alternate accounts that you own:
I don't have any alternative accounts as I would believe if having multiple accounts they are more prone into getting yourself in trouble.

14. Describe a time when you lost control of your emotions and how you were able to cope with the situation (P.S: This can be about anything; it doesn't have to be from in-game.):
Well, it was when i was playing on my favorite server #31 the Mario server as well i enjoy playing on it not because of the Crits but because of the people you meet and see loyal on this server when i was on blue team most people were on red. I wasn't not sure why until i dreadfully realize why they were on there. 2 hackers... i really hate hackers, it just burns me on the inside that well they were doing something and you couldn't really doing anything about it. it just made me rage as in they would say stuff like "your just crap" and i knew i wasn't crap because they were the ones that were hacking and then i realized after a while, i was missing something so then i remembered i had penny(*fellow TF2ss admin*) on my follow list for steam so i had to follow him to his server the one he was on i had to interrupt him sadly and i apologized for that, i told them that they were aim-bots and that and that i would get killed while cloaked he went on the server spectated me and it proved my case, i thanked him ever since for it.

15. What do you consider in your personality to be strengths? What do you consider in your personality to be weaknesses?
I consider in my personality my strong will and open mind would be my strength but i would sadly say that my weakness is well socializing as in saying the right words without getting into well an argument a misunderstanding that stuff.

16. Assess these attributes from 1 to 10 based on how you see yourself:
  • Logical: 9
  • Patient: 5
  • Reactive: 3
  • Creative: 4
  • Polite: 7
  • Reasonable: 6
  • Objective: 4
  • Perceptive: 5
  • Compassionate: 8
  • Troubleshooter: 5
  • Honest: 10

17. After you become an admin, how would you react to these situations below:
A: How would you deal with a person who was making racist comments?
I would respond by saying this. "listen, how would you feel if you were in the other persons shoes?(@ the player that made the comment offensive to other players) helpless right? now please start treating people with respect or there will be stuff not going well for you if you sadly continue this way"

B: A group of players are offended by remarks that another player made, but you yourself do not find them to be offensive. How would you respond?
Listen [player] please calm down the tone of words, people are starting to get offended. please take my advice.

C: How would you deal with players who micspam?
I would post an announcement "Please stop the mic spam *players name*" and then i'll use my mic and say please sir cut out the mic spam. then I'll be forced to mute them to see if they listen. look. i asked you to stop and you kept going. please be more thoughtful next time which means next time if they do it again i may be forced to give them a longer sentence.   

D: Another TF2SS admin is exploiting their powers in game; what will you do about it?
I would warn the admin that is exploiting their powers and try to remind them about what they are here to help others in need out and to make this a better community, basically remind them what they are suppose to be doing. if they are ignorant and sadly don't i would take it up to an admin higher then there current position and take it from there.

E: What would you do when answering a report that [username] is speed hacking on one of our servers?
i would join the server then i would ask the person to tell me would they believe is speed hacking then i would spectating the persons speed along side another person speed with the same class. if i see them speed hacking with enough evidence they will be banned for life or until further notice (discussing with the other admins)

F: A regular user threatens to ban another player if they do not comply with rules that do not exist. What will you do about it?
I would ask the regular player that they should check !rules if they are unsure and also just remind them that they just tell them that some rules don't exist for reasons i would give them an example of a Not Fare rule like saying "not trying to be racist to you guys but what if i made up a rule saying the blacks are not allowed to play. that would be discriminating right? so why is it fair to threaten a user for a rule that does not exist in the trade swap shop servers?

G: A group of enemy players dominate you, ignoring everyone else and changing teams if you join the team they are on, killing only you over and over again. What will you do about it?
Well there is nothing i can really do about it, it's just the games nature i would just kindly ask to just stay on the one team rather then changing to the other team just to kill me, there's nothing i can really do about it.

H: How do you deal with a player who comments publicly that: you are an asshole, the server sucks ass, and continues to insult anyone who kills them with profanity & by screaming on the mic?
I would ask the person to calm down and tell me whats wrong, if they are just ignoring me or ignorant to other players aka mic spam and all that i would be forced to give them a 30 minute mute and tell them Strategies on how to avoid this in the future.

I: A regular player on our server says that they will offer free godmode for anyone who trades a hat to them. What will you do about it?
I will tell the regular player to stop advertising god mode for free hats, i would also say even if the person advertised god mode for a free hat they would likely to get scammed and i would advice them they are heading on the wrong path.

J: A player who bought the Headless Horsemann perk from the shop complains after another player slays him/her. What do you tell the slayed Headless Horsemann player?
i would try to comfort the slayed H.H player and tell him this perk is risky and i would try to give advice of how to help get avoided killed by using the Headless Horseman perk and i would say, it's just a game... its not real life.

K: How do you define Admin abuse?
I would define admin abuse as constantly no clipping to cap the secret point and that slaying other players for no good reason having "special events turned on without asking prior to a vote" basically stuff that's ruining  game play for TF2

After filling out this application, what are your feelings toward becoming a Server Admin on our servers?
well if feeling out this application to help other users to feel better is well worth the time and effort i spent into doing it i just personally hope it all works out in the end as i'm loyal to the TF2ss servers for tf2.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2016, 09:24:30 PM by WereWolfWithAbs »

Offline murts

• Strumming your bum daily
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Veteran
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Re: WereWolfWithAbs - Game Server Admin Application
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2016, 08:24:38 PM »
B: A group of players are offended by remarks that another player made, but you yourself do not find them to be offensive. How would you respond?
"why are you trying to offend people when that practically did nothing to you? if they did something to offend you can't you just talk it out and reach a mutual understanding/agreement?"

Can you please rephrase this into two or three sentences?

B. On the forums?
On the forums, I would be willing to spend time there if required from the TF2ss staff.

How long approximately?

G: A group of enemy players dominate you, ignoring everyone else and changing teams if you join the team they are on, killing only you over and over again. What will you do about it?
I would tell the enemy players please stop changing teams just stick on the one team and just kill the players you desire it gets annoying if another player just tries to be friendly and that. if they progress with anything other then this and not rule friendly basically if they do this its fine but mic spam and that is a no go.

Ok, this concerns me. Why would it matter if players switch teams?

C: How would you deal with players who micspam?
I would post an announcement "Please stop the mic spam *players name*" then if they won't listen temporary mute(as in for a few seconds while i try to tell them) and then i'll use my mic and say please sir cut out the mic spam. then I'll un-mute them to see if they listen if they don't i would give them a 30 minute ban and tell them that, look. i asked you to stop and you kept going. please be more thoughtful next time.

Unmuting a player who wont listen anyway is pointless so just keep the mute on till the time is up so they learn a lesson.

Overall good application. I recommend you go back and edit grammatical errors as well.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2016, 08:26:32 PM by Strum »
counter sally strike go

Offline WereWolfWithAbs

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2016, 09:08:36 PM »
Hey strum thanks for replying pal I will be making edits and thanks for the advice buddy. its well appreciated.  :D and sorry i'm not really one for punctuation but i will try my best.

For your first question i have Rephrased what you have asked in that criteria, secondly I'm willing to be on the forums up to 4hrs or more if required from the TF2ss staff, thirdly I'm not sure why it would matter but i have addressed this issue by rephrasing my statement but i believe people would just really want to just target somebody just to try and troll and i don't get trolled that easily the 4th question of yours, you state a valid point with that, i believe that would be the right thing to do.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2016, 09:32:47 PM by WereWolfWithAbs »

Offline murts

• Strumming your bum daily
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Veteran
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2016, 09:40:19 PM »
Thank you for responding.
counter sally strike go

Offline WereWolfWithAbs

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2016, 09:43:59 PM »
Thank you for responding.
It's My honour.

Offline mental

• °
  • Forum Hero
  • Whoever threw that paper, your moms a hoe.
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2016, 02:48:05 AM »
Just like Strum said ... few grammatical errors, but otherwise nice application. Good luck over the next weeks or so.

-Nationn-

Offline Hamtaro

• Server's Hamster
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Master
  • Hamha, how are you?
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2016, 06:25:17 AM »
Block Details
Player    WereWolfWithAbs     ReGag
Steam ID    STEAM_0:0:94165962
Steam3 ID   [U:1:188331924]
Steam Community   76561198148597652
Invoked on   09-24-16 23:21
Block length   1 hr (Expired)
Unblock reason   no reason present
Unblocked by Admin    CONSOLE
Expires on   09-25-16 00:21
Reason   Spam in chat/voice
Blocked by Admin    Clumsy Cheeto
Blocked from   TF2SS.COM #31 | Mario_Kart | crits | FREE PERKS
Total Blocks   3 (search)
Comments    None

You must not have any negative reputation within the past 6 months when applying.

Since it was a minor offense, you may reapply after 1 month has passed.

Application denied.
I don't bite, so feel free to message me if anything.
Hablo español con gran fluidez, asi que deje un mensaje si tienes dudas.