• April 27, 2024, 11:00:58 AM

Author Topic: Nationn - Game Server Admin Application  (Read 4873 times)

Offline mental

• °
  • Forum Hero
  • Whoever threw that paper, your moms a hoe.
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Nationn - Game Server Admin Application
« on: October 08, 2016, 03:06:34 AM »
1. Which position do you wish to apply for?
Game Server Admin

2. Have you ever previously applied for a position in TF2SwapShop?
Yes

3. List any current staff members you know or have any personal relations with.
I am such friends with alot of current staff members and retired staff members such as: Flaming Cheeto, Strum, Psykotik, Spykotik (Peachie), Penny Fitzgerald, BloodRain and Gerbil.

I also know a few staff members such as: Hades, Hamtaro, Death, Atom1c, Biscuit and Lunarium Wolf.

4. Do you have a microphone that you are willing to use?
No

5. Age:

6. What Time Zone do you live in?
Australian Eastern Time Zone UTC+10:00

7. List and describe any previous supervisory, administrative or management experience,­ in or out of the game:
In Game Situation:
I used to Moderate a server called J.A.C.95501's Servers. It was my first time ever being a Staff on any server. At first I did not know what I was doing at the time ... but as I progressed, I got better and better.

Outside of Game Situation:
I used to manage a Basketball team for school. Helping players out and gathering supplies they needed. I also used to supervise little children while there parents were out. Supervising children is harder than it looks, but I got through it at the end.

8. What are your goals in this community - or, why do you want to hold this position?
My reasoning behind applying for this position is because I want to expand on my Staff experience as well as making this community better for newcomers.

My current goal is to eliminate all the drama that is circling around our community, which will be very hard, but will happen, but I also have two little side goals, which is to improve on my staff skills and make this community friendlier for all ages.

9. How much time will you be able to spend:
A. On the servers?
4hrs (Weekdays) 8hrs (Weekends)

These times might change sometimes due to internet connection problems or School.

B. On the forums?
4hrs (Weekdays) 8hrs (Weekends)

These times might change sometimes due to internet connection problems or School.

10. How long have you been playing on our group of servers?
I have been playing for quite awhile ... I dont know the exact months but all I know is that I have been playing for nearly a year.

11. Do you speak any languages other than English?
No sorry, I only speak English. I used to be able to speak in Samoan, but because I had moved to Australia, I was taught English, which then made me forget how to speak Samoan

12. Link your SteamRep and other sources that show your reputation here:
| steamname: Nationn
|  steam3ID: [U:1:351683275]
| steamID32: STEAM_0:1:175841637
| steamID64: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198311949003
| customURL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/NewNationn
|  steamrep: http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198311949003

13. If you have alternate accounts, list any alternate accounts that you own:
Yes I used to own 1 account (Nationn) my original account that was falsely Vac Banned.

I also have a sibling that plays on the same Ip address of mine, who used to go by the name of DeeBeeGee.

14. Describe a time when you lost control of your emotions and how you were able to cope with the situation (P.S: This can be about anything; it doesn't have to be from in-game.):
There were a lot of times when I had lost control of my emotions, but I will go over one.
While I was in Grade 8, I had an argument which led into a fight. We were having the typical 12 year old talk, when my ex-best friend said something I did not agree with. This argument went on for 3 days until finally we met at school. My ex-best friend said something that pissed me off, and thats when my emotions were heating up, then all of a sudden I through a hit which knocked him out. I was obviously expelled after that.

Technique I used to calm myself down:

I use something called a Stress ball which amazingly helps me out alot. It helped me so much that I haven't lost control of my anger in about two years.

15. What do you consider in your personality to be strengths? What do you consider in your personality to be weaknesses?
My strength is Patience. I tend to be very patient with players even if it's helping a Newcomer or dealing with a harasser, I will tend to be as patient as possible. My reasoning behind my strength in Patients is because I used to babysit a lot of little kids who would always annoy me in ways I could not imagine.
But no matter how annoying they were, I still kept my patience with them. Thats why I consider Patients as a strength.

I consider being creative as a weakness. My reasoning is because I am not creative in any way,shape or form. If I try and become creative ... I just screw up instantly. My mind is not used to being creative. Say if I forget to bring something  from home, I just cant become creative, I will cower in defeat.

16. Assess these attributes from 1 to 10 based on how you see yourself:
  • Logical: 5
  • Patient: 9
  • Reactive: 4
  • Creative: 1
  • Polite: 8
  • Reasonable: 5
  • Objective: 4
  • Perceptive: 3
  • Compassionate: 5
  • Troubleshooter: 4
  • Honest: 8

17. After you become an admin, how would you react to these situations below:
A: How would you deal with a person who was making racist comments?
It will start off with 3 warnings to stop, If the harasser stops no actions will take place, if he continues to state racist remarks, It will be a 30 minute mute and gag. If the harasser stops, no action will take place, if the harasser continues I will place a 5 day ban.

If the racist remarks are personal to me, I will personally perma-ban the harasser. If the harasser tries to request an appeal, I will gather all the text logs and evidence, then deny the appeal instantly.

B: A group of players are offended by remarks that another player made, but you yourself do not find them to be offensive. How would you respond?
Even though the remarks the player makes are not offensive to me, I will still take this seriously. I will politely ask the player to stop with the remarks. If he continues I will set a 20 minute gag and mute on him. If the player still states the same remarks over and over again, I will take that as harassment and set a 2 day ban, no questions asked.

C: How would you deal with players who micspam?
Well I do not really care about mic spammers, but in this situation, I would ask politely for the mic spammer to stop. If he follows my request, no action will take place. If he continues, 30 minute mute and gag will be set. If he continues after the warning and mute, I will take that as harassment and  set a 2 day ban, no questions asked.

D: Another TF2SS admin is exploiting their powers in game; what will you do about it?
First of all, I will try to gather up all the evidence I can to use against the abuser (eg. checking the logs), then I would seek additional help from players who were on the scene at the time. If I find enough evidence, I will immediately send the report to a higher staff member.

E: What would you do when answering a report that [username] is speed hacking on one of our servers?
First of all, I would read the whole report to check for any flaws. Then I will ask the reporter to gather any evidence of this speed hacking. If the reporter does not reply in a weeks time, I will ask any higher staff member to close off the report. If there is sufficient evidence found, I will immediately convict the player who was reported a hacker, and will simply permaban him/her

F: A regular user threatens to ban another player if they do not comply with rules that do not exist. What will you do about it?
First of all, I will ask politely for the user to stop. If he does not comply, I will take that as Admin Impersonation and set a permaban, no questions asked.

G: A group of enemy players dominate you, ignoring everyone else and changing teams if you join the team they are on, killing only you over and over again. What will you do about it?
Well, I would simply stay in spawn, join spectator or join a different server.  It's not their fault that they are better at the game than me.

H: How do you deal with a player who comments publicly that: you are an asshole, the server sucks ass, and continues to insult anyone who kills them with profanity & by screaming on the mic?
I will give the player 3 warnings. If the player does not comply, I will set a 30 minute mute and gag. If the player continues even after the 3 warnings and mute, I will simply ban the player for a total of 5 days.

If it is very continuous, I will immediately set another 5 day ban.

I: A regular player on our server says that they will offer free godmode for anyone who trades a hat to them. What will you do about it?
Well first I will give the player 3 warnings to stop, if the player does not comply, I will simply set a 5 day ban for attempted scam, and also report the players account to steam officials. If the player continues to try and sell godmode, I will immediately permaban the player for attempted scam, no questions asked.

If he or she tries to appeal the ban, I will immediately gather all the text logs and evidence, then deny the appeal.

J: A player who bought the Headless Horsemann perk from the shop complains after another player slays him/her. What do you tell the slayed Headless Horsemann player?
I will assure the player that he or she will respawn as a HHH.

K: How do you define Admin abuse?
I define admin abuse as "someone" who abuses their powers to their benefit or to harass other players. "someone" who uses their power to get the upper hand.

After filling out this application, what are your feelings toward becoming a Server Admin on our servers?
I will be very happy, as I have applied twice with no success. I will give back to community a lot.

Thanks and good luck to all the other applicants.

-Nationn-
« Last Edit: October 08, 2016, 05:24:39 PM by Nationn »

Offline mental

• °
  • Forum Hero
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Re: Nationn - Game Server Admin Application
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2016, 06:30:04 AM »
Explanation for not having a microphone:

My Microphone was destroyed by one of my siblings during a rage moment. I really do not have the money to buy a new pair, because our family is going through a hard time with money at the moment, so please do not let this be a downside for me being selected.

Offline Hamtaro

• Server's Hamster
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Master
  • Hamha, how are you?
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2016, 06:49:11 AM »
Would you mind placing your alt's link?
I don't bite, so feel free to message me if anything.
Hablo español con gran fluidez, asi que deje un mensaje si tienes dudas.

Offline mental

• °
  • Forum Hero
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2016, 06:51:25 AM »
Would you mind placing your alt's link?
Ahh yes:

[Original Account]: http://steamcommunity.com/id/O33Nationn
[Brothers Account]: http://steamcommunity.com/id/GeneVape

Offline BloodRain

• Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Hero
  • "Even lies contain some truth."
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2016, 01:09:37 PM »
Go through your application and check for any spelling/punctuation errors.

Offline mental

• °
  • Forum Hero
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2016, 03:38:59 PM »
Go through your application and check for any spelling/punctuation errors.
I have fixed the errors that I had seen.

Offline Lunarium

• High Tier Trader
  • Staff Trainer
  • Forum Master
  • Your Deadly skill is jogging? Mine is Murdering.
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2016, 04:38:56 PM »
What do you feel you can offer our team that nobody else can?

What makes you stand out from the rest as a person?

Take your time with responses. :)

Offline mental

• °
  • Forum Hero
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2016, 03:01:54 AM »
What do you feel you can offer our team that nobody else can?

What makes you stand out from the rest as a person?

Take your time with responses. :)
What I can offer to the team? My honesty. I know it is not much to offer and that everyone can do it, but most of the time, no one is honest to each others. Most of the time, we say white lies about people and are too scared to tell people what we think about each other. I am very honest and not scared to tell people what I think about them and their personality.

What makes me stand out from the rest of the group? My eagerness to give 100% at anything. My willingness to learn more and to do more. My friendliness towards other players and or staff members, and my problem solving skills to help with the ongoing problems that form.

Offline murts

• Strumming your bum daily
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Veteran
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2016, 07:42:27 PM »
Thank you for applying for TF2SwapShop administration, however we regret to inform you that we feel that you do not satisfy our standards for server administrators at the moment.

You may re-apply again after 3 months have passed.

Application denied.
counter sally strike go