• April 23, 2024, 11:46:25 AM

Author Topic: Map Exploits and "Head Glitches"  (Read 4637 times)

• Egg
  • Forum Member
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Map Exploits and "Head Glitches"
« on: November 08, 2016, 03:17:48 PM »
Latest coolest gossip here, fresh outta' the trash. Typically I don't take note of the stupid things admins have done, but this sparked a new energy in me and I can't keep it for just myself.

So Lunarium, on server #4 trade_plaza on November 8th around 4:30PM, a guy by the name of "Krafty" or whatever was playing Sniper against good ol' Lunarium. Now, I feel like it's important to include this admin guy had a vaccinator medic on him pretty much alla' the time, and his aim was decent which made it even more difficult to nab a kill.

Luckily, if you ignore the spy, demoman, the medic healing him and other snipers trying to kill us, it was 3 snipers against 1! Pretty fair chance in my opinion - got a few kills in, myself.

Lunarium is suddenly like, "lol headglitch" in one of his deaths. And I'm all, "whuuuuut". In my 7000 hours of TF2, competitive participation and among higher-up skilled friends in this game, I never heard of anything like it in my life.

Good old Krafty gets banned for it - the poor guy. I think this serves a good example of why skilled players cannot come onto these servers without being accused of hacking, or "exploits" as Lunarium likes to call this one here.

" So, what is a Head Glitch? "

After some good searching here and there I found some pretty interesting news for you!

http://www.thetechgame.com/Archives/t=4531273/what-is-a-head-glitch-and-how-do-you-do-it.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NqOe95kzCkY

The funny thing is, someone's been playing too much CS:GO. Can't find a single thing about this glitch in TF2

Almost like it doesn't exist.

Krafty was a hero, and they will not be forgotten. I will make memorials, a proper funeral, and put in a good word or two for 'em when they're trying to get a good paying job in office one day.

So, I don't really care what happens. I KNOW Lunarium is gonna' get away with his trigger-happy banhammer - but the story itself it hilarious! I'm more than happy to do the favor of sharing uvu
« Last Edit: November 08, 2016, 03:21:36 PM by JUNKRAT »

• Egg
  • Forum Member
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Re: Map Exploits and "Head Glitches"
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2016, 03:30:48 PM »

🇫🇷🇴🇲 🇲🇾 🇷🇴🇹🇹🇮🇳🇬 🇧🇴🇩🇾, 🇫🇱🇴🇼🇪🇷🇸 🇸🇭🇦🇱🇱 🇬🇷🇴🇼
🇦🇳🇩 🇮 🇦🇲 🇮🇳 🇹🇭🇪🇲 🇦🇳🇩 🇹🇭🇦🇹 🇮🇸 🇪🇹🇪🇷🇳🇮🇹🇾 ✿

Offline BloodRain

• Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Hero
  • "Even lies contain some truth."
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Re: Map Exploits and "Head Glitches"
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2016, 03:34:27 PM »
The way that map exploits are supposed to be handled is with a slay - and something as minor as ducking behind a prop and sniping (which keep in mind is very accessible in this case) is very easy to pull off with practice and understanding, as well as skill. Playing in intended parts of the maps should never be punishable, especially when you're just playing the game normally.

We apologize for the player's unjustified punishment. A personal apology will be sent to them as well. Thank you for your report.

The issue will be addressed accordingly.