• April 27, 2024, 11:16:39 AM

Author Topic: ❄AtlasNeptune❄ - Game Server Admin Application  (Read 8061 times)

Offline ❤ 4tlasNeptune ❤

• Forum Visitor
  • Reno's Mother ♥~
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
❄AtlasNeptune❄ - Game Server Admin Application
« on: November 13, 2016, 01:15:10 AM »
1. Which position do you wish to apply for?
Game Server Admin

2. Have you ever previously applied for a position in TF2SwapShop?
Yes

3. List any current staff members you know or have any personal relations with.
Bloodrain: He's a really good friend of mine. Been always helpful to me.
Lunarium Wolf: Don't know much about him but he and I are still friends.
Biscuit: Another awesome dude. Funny and active admin.
Death: Great owner. Just lovely.
Reno.: My amazing son.

4. Do you have a microphone that you are willing to use?
Yes

5. Age:

6. What Time Zone do you live in?
UTC+09:00

7. List and describe any previous supervisory, administrative or management experience,­ in or out of the game:
I use to own a server but it didn't go too well. It wasn't famous and my computer specs weren't good enough to handle it. I also remember being an admin in one of the server back 2 years ago but I don't really remember the name of the server.

8. What are your goals in this community - or, why do you want to hold this position?
Since there aren't many active admins during the time in Korea and also since I love the community so much I wanted to support this community.

9. How much time will you be able to spend:
A. On the servers?
At least an hour every weekend.

B. On the forums?
5 minutes everyday.

10. How long have you been playing on our group of servers?
Starting from last year.

11. Do you speak any languages other than English?
Korean.

12. Link your SteamRep and other sources that show your reputation here:
| steamname: ❄4tlasNeptune❄ ♥ B-Day 5
| steam3ID: [U:1:115594146]
| steamID32: STEAM_0:0:57797073
| steamID64: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198075859874
| customURL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/minecraftfan367
| steamrep: http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198075859874

13. If you have alternate accounts, list any alternate accounts that you own:
http://steamcommunity.com/id/teamfortressfan367

14. Describe a time when you lost control of your emotions and how you were able to cope with the situation (P.S: This can be about anything; it doesn't have to be from in-game.):
I do have a bit of anger management issues and the last time I was back-stabbed by my friends I just felt depressed and stopped talking to anybody for few days. But I think it's getting better these days.

15. What do you consider in your personality to be strengths? What do you consider in your personality to be weaknesses?
Personality Strength: I love helping people and out. I feel satisfied whenever they are happy with the solution. I try to keep the positive energy towards others so they won't feel disgusted or worried about me.

Personality Weakness: I'm really sensitive. I hate negative feelings from others. Offensive language, racism, hatred hurts my feelings a lot.

16. Assess these attributes from 1 to 10 based on how you see yourself:
  • Logical: 7
  • Patient: 7
  • Reactive: 9
  • Creative: 10
  • Polite: 9
  • Reasonable: 8
  • Objective: 7
  • Perceptive: 7
  • Compassionate: 10
  • Troubleshooter: 7
  • Honest: 8

17. After you become an admin, how would you react to these situations below:
A: How would you deal with a person who was making racist comments?
I would warn them that "racism" could hurt people's feeling and if it keeps going on, I'll have to ban them for "racism".

B: A group of players are offended by remarks that another player made, but you yourself do not find them to be offensive. How would you respond?
I would try my best to understand on how the "victim" feels instead of how I feel.

C: How would you deal with players who micspam?
I would give them a sign of warning. If it kept going on, then they'll have to get muted.

D: Another TF2SS admin is exploiting their powers in game; what will you do about it?
I will have to alert the owner or the head admins about this situation.

E: What would you do when answering a report that [username] is speed hacking on one of our servers?
I would have to join the server and see if the "user" really was speed hacking.

F: A regular user threatens to ban another player if they do not comply with rules that do not exist. What will you do about it?
I would give them a sign of warning before kicking them.

G: A group of enemy players dominate you, ignoring everyone else and changing teams if you join the team they are on, killing only you over and over again. What will you do about it?
It doesn't really matter. It's just a game. I would feel a bit left out but I won't have any issues with it.

H: How do you deal with a player who comments publicly that: you are an asshole, the server sucks ass, and continues to insult anyone who kills them with profanity & by screaming on the mic?
It depends on how the "victim" felt. If the "victim" felt offended than I'll have to ban the harassing user for "harassment" but if the "victim" can deal with it. Then we can just go on. Though if it goes a bit off the limit then we'll have to kick him from the server.

I: A regular player on our server says that they will offer free godmode for anyone who trades a hat to them. What will you do about it?
I would have to alert the players that it's a scam and will have to ban the player for "Scam Attempt".

J: A player who bought the Headless Horsemann perk from the shop complains after another player slays him/her. What do you tell the slayed Headless Horsemann player?
The other player bought the slay command with he/she's credits. It's a fair game. Now you know this could happen don't make the same mistake again. "And I'll give him some of my credits".

K: How do you define Admin abuse?
Pissing off players using admin commands, using admin commands in a wrong time.

After filling out this application, what are your feelings toward becoming a Server Admin on our servers?
I'm excited and I wish I could be an useful admin here.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2016, 06:20:30 AM by ❄4tlasNeptune❄ ♥ B-Day Boy »

Offline mental

• °
  • Forum Hero
  • Whoever threw that paper, your moms a hoe.
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Re: ❄AtlasNeptune❄ - Game Server Admin Application
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2016, 02:06:18 AM »
Good Luck My Beautiful Friend!

All my support goes to you! You are a very kind hearted man and does not think about himself all the time.

-Nationn-

Offline ❤ 4tlasNeptune ❤

• Forum Visitor
  • Reno's Mother ♥~
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2016, 04:55:09 AM »
Good Luck My Beautiful Friend!

All my support goes to you! You are a very kind hearted man and does not think about himself all the time.

-Nationn-

AWW THANKS <3

Offline Hamtaro

• Server's Hamster
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Master
  • Hamha, how are you?
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2016, 02:02:34 PM »

You rate yourself perfectly Compassionate, care to elaborate as to why do you rate yourself this way? As for being creative, what do you believe you can offer that other staff members have not offered to the "table", so to speak?

I would warn them that "racism" could hurt people's feeling and if it keeps going on, I'll have to ban them for "racism".

How long would the ban would be? Also, why would you ban them rather than to mute/gag them?

B: A group of players are offended by remarks that another player made, but you yourself do not find them to be offensive. How would you respond?
I would try my best to understand on how the "victim" feels instead of how I feel.

What would you do if they felt offended by the player's remarks?

E: What would you do when answering a report that [username] is speed hacking on one of our servers?

How would you verify if the player is speedhacking or not and how would you resolve the issue if they are speedhacking?

F: A regular user threatens to ban another player if they do not comply with rules that do not exist. What will you do about it?

What do you mean by "a sign of warning"? If the player returns to the server?

H: How do you deal with a player who comments publicly that: you are an asshole, the server sucks ass, and continues to insult anyone who kills them with profanity & by screaming on the mic?
It depends on how the "victim" felt. If the "victim" felt offended than I'll have to ban the harassing user for "harassment" but if the "victim" can deal with it. Then we can just go on. Though if it goes a bit off the limit then we'll have to kick him from the server.

This scenario is if the player is insulting everyone/the server. Knowing this, how would you respond to this scenario?

I: A regular player on our server says that they will offer free godmode for anyone who trades a hat to them. What will you do about it?
I would have to alert the players that it's a scam and will have to ban the player for "Scam Attempt".

Would this ban be permanent or a temp ban? If a temp ban, what would the ban's length?
I don't bite, so feel free to message me if anything.
Hablo español con gran fluidez, asi que deje un mensaje si tienes dudas.

Offline Peter Capaldi's Peter Capaldi

• Forum Veteran
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2016, 08:35:13 PM »
TL;DR: Request a head administrator to deny your application. Become a forum member.

8. What are your goals in this community - or, why do you want to hold this position?
Since there aren't many active admins during the time in Korea and also since I love the community so much I wanted to support this community.

Korean.

It's excellent that you have expressed interest, love and support for this community. I'm going to infer this is your primary motive... I also assume you meant to write something similar to, "I am applying for a staff position because I find a lack of Korean representation in the administration." If this is true, then why is that a reason to apply for an administrative position? If anything, I'm sure the administration predominantly speaks English along with its derivatives. While I'm certain that accommodations can be made as well as translations and any work to ensure communication between those who either do not speak English fluently nor speak English natively, there is always going be a small communication barrier. Even Americans who natively speak American English can have issues with grammar, vocal communication, expressing information, their beliefs and ideas. In addition, any racial diversity one can bring is only icing on the cake. I believe race should never be a primary reason to apply for any staff position or job that does not solely regard racial topics...

B. On the forums?
5 minutes everyday.

What is my business is the lack of dedicated membership on the SwapShop forums. Assuming you keep a constant number of five minutes per day for a year, you will only have accumulated a promised number of 1,825 days, which, as you know, is equal to about 30.33 hours. I have been on the forums for a little over a year and I have only accumulated 305 hours, 314 posts, 66 topics, 4 polls conducted and 12 votes cast. In addition, I have never been in nor applied for a staff position. As you may notice, most of the top stat holders on these forums are admins or ex-admins. As far as I know, Nationn and I are the only two members on the forums who have never held a staff position. This is, of course, excluding Sixteen due to his previous service. I appreciate any honesty you hoped to conjure from this rate. However, with the current state of SwapShop's forum community and what history has shown, you may be likely to disregard the public boards. Heck, I don't know about the invis admin boards, but in regards to the public boards, this has been shown to be the case with those who get accepted. Especially with new members who seek application acceptance before they become active on the forums.

SwapShop currently holds over thirty administrators and most of them are inactive on the public boards. With an abundance of administrators, a shortage of dedicated members on the SwapShop forums and a leading number of 2204 denied administrator applications, the evidence and what follows tells me that a good majority of people who go on these forums are either passing by, administrators, reporters or applicants. There's no reason to apply for a staff position when a there is a scarcity of dedicated membership within any community. In addition, a great deal of protection, importance, duty and responsibility is given to members. With that said, as an aspiring admin why wouldn't you be a dedicated member already? In addition, why woudn't you participate in and use the forums prior to submitting an administrator application? If you truly wish to support SwapShop, then I encourage you to request an administrator to deny your application.

15. What do you consider in your personality to be strengths? What do you consider in your personality to be weaknesses?
Personality Strength: I love helping people and out. I feel satisfied whenever they are happy with the solution. I try to keep the positive energy towards others so they won't feel disgusted or worried about me.

Personality Weakness: I'm really sensitive. I hate negative feelings from others. Offensive language, racism, hatred hurts my feelings a lot.

You know what? I love helping people out too! :D I also get sensitive and I hate it when others are negative, offensive and racist, but I wouldn't consider that a weakness. Everyone feels negative emotions, everyone gets angry and no one feels happy at every single waking hour of their life. If this is not an issue for you, then why did you mention it? I would assume you have an issue with this since you mentioned it. It's not a big deal. 'Cause guess what? Tough beans. If people didn't offend, hate and hurt people's feelings, then no one would ever care about anyone. Those who make you uncomfortable, test you, push you to your limits, offend you and disagree with you are the people who really care about you. The difference between a person who wrongs you and a person who cares for you is their respect and their ability to agree to disagree.

I have been told by various sources from within the administration, some sources outside of the administration and objective numerical sources that, unfortunately, "administrator" is really just a fancy way of saying "member." Sadly, many people believe that members don't have protection within Swapshop and many people don't know about the duties, importance and responsibilities members hold. The administration or anyone within it can punish you for disagreeing with them, but they cannot justify it. You are protected by their conscience, your respect for their views and your ability to agree to disagree.

Furthermore, all of the administrators I have encountered have treated me quite well. They have been here for me and while I have been frustrated with them, I am willing to put up with anything they throw at me. In turn, they have been willing to put up with whatever I throw at them. Members fulfill a role within SwapShop. If everyone held a staff position within SwapShop, then no one would report other players, no one would have any reason to go on the forums and some wouldn't play on the servers. Everything would become an obligation. As a member, you have the ability to voice your opinion, share, participate, speak up and report admins and players. No one can take away your voice. If I am wrong, then I wouldn't be here.

With exceptions regarding questionable grammar and English skills (of which I am sure could be solved) I would find this application promising. However, due to the state of the SwapShop forums I do not recommend your acceptance into the administration. At any other time I would suggest a few more pointers, refinement and perhaps an overall revision. It seems as if this application had very little effort put into it. For some of these answers you've only replied with either a few sentences or none at all. Then again, a simplistic manner is usually an excellent approach. I haven't even begun reviewing your Steam profile, Steam REP and all the other typical categories that so many administrators love to tackle. Then again, it's not my concern to look over the typical details and I'm not an admin. My journey is the path less taken.

Now it's time to find the bugs. :P

Here's your daily dose of random Youtube:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k85mRPqvMbE
« Last Edit: November 14, 2016, 09:39:14 PM by Peter Capaldi's Sunglasses »
~

Offline Sixteen

• Veteran SwapShopper
  • Forum Hero
  • I have more to my story than you think.
    • Steam Profile Page
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2016, 10:30:23 PM »
Don't listen to him. Apply for admin if you want.
~16
Yeah, I know. Or at least, soon enough.
~16

Offline Peter Capaldi's Peter Capaldi

• Forum Veteran
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2016, 10:33:55 PM »
Don't listen to him. Apply for admin if you want.
~16
Agreed. You don't have to listen to me. You have already applied for an administrator position. If you don't get accepted, then you can apply again. It's totally up to you. :) Just because we have a shortage of dedicated forum members doesn't mean that people can't make applications and apply their talents where they're needed. ;)

We're not always going to get what we want. But if we try, we might get what we need:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j7leQB_Oe_k
« Last Edit: November 14, 2016, 10:55:29 PM by Peter Capaldi's Sunglasses »
~

Offline Psy

• Butt Administrator
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Master
  • I'm retarded.
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2016, 12:26:33 AM »
I can see Peter's point here. With a lot of the admins that I promoted during my short time as a Recruit specialist and then Head Admin, only 1 or 2 of them visited the forums on a daily basis. While it isn't a strict and mandatory requirement, it would help show the community that the staff is full of dedicated members. It irritated me that there were and still are lazy staff members who only take reports and go on forums when asked to or if intimidated to. It's a voluntary job but it's still a job. You wanna keep your job? Do it then.

Good day.
AFK like JFK

Offline ❤ 4tlasNeptune ❤

• Forum Visitor
  • Reno's Mother ♥~
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2016, 01:03:51 AM »
I can see Peter's point here. With a lot of the admins that I promoted during my short time as a Recruit specialist and then Head Admin, only 1 or 2 of them visited the forums on a daily basis. While it isn't a strict and mandatory requirement, it would help show the community that the staff is full of dedicated members. It irritated me that there were and still are lazy staff members who only take reports and go on forums when asked to or if intimidated to. It's a voluntary job but it's still a job. You wanna keep your job? Do it then.

Good day.

Thanks Psy. Good to see you again <3

Offline ❤ 4tlasNeptune ❤

• Forum Visitor
  • Reno's Mother ♥~
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2016, 01:16:10 AM »

You rate yourself perfectly Compassionate, care to elaborate as to why do you rate yourself this way? As for being creative, what do you believe you can offer that other staff members have not offered to the "table", so to speak?

I rated myself Compassionate since I love to care about others a lot. I might not be 100% perfect but I still want to be and is trying to be a compassionate person. It's always for the better tomorrow and I rated myself "Creativity" 10 because I love brainstorming since my future job is all about creativity. Everyday I try to create new fun and new jokes for the better. I'd also like to help Death (The Owner) brainstorm new ideas for his server. "He also kinda asked me to brainstorm for him."

How long would the ban would be? Also, why would you ban them rather than to mute/gag them?

Your right... I forgot about the gag/mute system. It depends on how much the person was racist but I'll mostly stick with 10 hour gag/mute.

What would you do if they felt offended by the player's remarks?

Then the player who offended the "victim" would be gag/muted for a day.

How would you verify if the player is speedhacking or not and how would you resolve the issue if they are speedhacking?

If his movements were glitchy, he reloaded too fast, moved too fast and it lasted more than 3 minutes that would be speedhacking. (Also if it doesn't show either he was using RTD or he bought it from the shop.)

What do you mean by "a sign of warning"? If the player returns to the server?

By "a sign of warning" means I would tell everyone "he/she isn't an admin" and would tell the person not to threaten people with lies again and the next time it happens I will gag/mute the player for a week.

This scenario is if the player is insulting everyone/the server. Knowing this, how would you respond to this scenario?

I would tell him to kindly stop and if he doesn't then for offending all the players on the server I will ban the person for a week.

Would this ban be permanent or a temp ban? If a temp ban, what would the ban's length?

It would be a perma ban. I wouldn't want "victims" getting scammed.

Offline ❤ 4tlasNeptune ❤

• Forum Visitor
  • Reno's Mother ♥~
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2016, 01:40:02 AM »
TL;DR: Request a head administrator to deny your application. Become a forum member.

Korean.

It's excellent that you have expressed interest, love and support for this community. I'm going to infer this is your primary motive... I also assume you meant to write something similar to, "I am applying for a staff position because I find a lack of Korean representation in the administration." If this is true, then why is that a reason to apply for an administrative position? If anything, I'm sure the administration predominantly speaks English along with its derivatives. While I'm certain that accommodations can be made as well as translations and any work to ensure communication between those who either do not speak English fluently nor speak English natively, there is always going be a small communication barrier. Even Americans who natively speak American English can have issues with grammar, vocal communication, expressing information, their beliefs and ideas. In addition, any racial diversity one can bring is only icing on the cake. I believe race should never be a primary reason to apply for any staff position or job that does not solely regard racial topics...

B. On the forums?
5 minutes everyday.

What is my business is the lack of dedicated membership on the SwapShop forums. Assuming you keep a constant number of five minutes per day for a year, you will only have accumulated a promised number of 1,825 days, which, as you know, is equal to about 30.33 hours. I have been on the forums for a little over a year and I have only accumulated 305 hours, 314 posts, 66 topics, 4 polls conducted and 12 votes cast. In addition, I have never been in nor applied for a staff position. As you may notice, most of the top stat holders on these forums are admins or ex-admins. As far as I know, Nationn and I are the only two members on the forums who have never held a staff position. This is, of course, excluding Sixteen due to his previous service. I appreciate any honesty you hoped to conjure from this rate. However, with the current state of SwapShop's forum community and what history has shown, you may be likely to disregard the public boards. Heck, I don't know about the invis admin boards, but in regards to the public boards, this has been shown to be the case with those who get accepted. Especially with new members who seek application acceptance before they become active on the forums.

SwapShop currently holds over thirty administrators and most of them are inactive on the public boards. With an abundance of administrators, a shortage of dedicated members on the SwapShop forums and a leading number of 2204 denied administrator applications, the evidence and what follows tells me that a good majority of people who go on these forums are either passing by, administrators, reporters or applicants. There's no reason to apply for a staff position when a there is a scarcity of dedicated membership within any community. In addition, a great deal of protection, importance, duty and responsibility is given to members. With that said, as an aspiring admin why wouldn't you be a dedicated member already? In addition, why woudn't you participate in and use the forums prior to submitting an administrator application? If you truly wish to support SwapShop, then I encourage you to request an administrator to deny your application.

You know what? I love helping people out too! :D I also get sensitive and I hate it when others are negative, offensive and racist, but I wouldn't consider that a weakness. Everyone feels negative emotions, everyone gets angry and no one feels happy at every single waking hour of their life. If this is not an issue for you, then why did you mention it? I would assume you have an issue with this since you mentioned it. It's not a big deal. 'Cause guess what? Tough beans. If people didn't offend, hate and hurt people's feelings, then no one would ever care about anyone. Those who make you uncomfortable, test you, push you to your limits, offend you and disagree with you are the people who really care about you. The difference between a person who wrongs you and a person who cares for you is their respect and their ability to agree to disagree.

I have been told by various sources from within the administration, some sources outside of the administration and objective numerical sources that, unfortunately, "administrator" is really just a fancy way of saying "member." Sadly, many people believe that members don't have protection within Swapshop and many people don't know about the duties, importance and responsibilities members hold. The administration or anyone within it can punish you for disagreeing with them, but they cannot justify it. You are protected by their conscience, your respect for their views and your ability to agree to disagree.

Furthermore, all of the administrators I have encountered have treated me quite well. They have been here for me and while I have been frustrated with them, I am willing to put up with anything they throw at me. In turn, they have been willing to put up with whatever I throw at them. Members fulfill a role within SwapShop. If everyone held a staff position within SwapShop, then no one would report other players, no one would have any reason to go on the forums and some wouldn't play on the servers. Everything would become an obligation. As a member, you have the ability to voice your opinion, share, participate, speak up and report admins and players. No one can take away your voice. If I am wrong, then I wouldn't be here.

With exceptions regarding questionable grammar and English skills (of which I am sure could be solved) I would find this application promising. However, due to the state of the SwapShop forums I do not recommend your acceptance into the administration. At any other time I would suggest a few more pointers, refinement and perhaps an overall revision. It seems as if this application had very little effort put into it. For some of these answers you've only replied with either a few sentences or none at all. Then again, a simplistic manner is usually an excellent approach. I haven't even begun reviewing your Steam profile, Steam REP and all the other typical categories that so many administrators love to tackle. Then again, it's not my concern to look over the typical details and I'm not an admin. My journey is the path less taken.

Now it's time to find the bugs. :P

Here's your daily dose of random Youtube:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k85mRPqvMbE

Thanks for the long and amazing advice <3

Offline ❤ 4tlasNeptune ❤

• Forum Visitor
  • Reno's Mother ♥~
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2016, 05:10:05 AM »
Sowwy my grammar was a bit off... I was in a hurry :c

Offline ❤ 4tlasNeptune ❤

• Forum Visitor
  • Reno's Mother ♥~
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2016, 05:17:21 AM »

Good day.

I'll try to keep up on the forums. I'm actually trying to be active at least 30 minutes everyday. But why I thought would be 5 minutes was busy. I have academy, tutorial, and school stuff and homework... but I do have a lot of time on the weekends. I will try though.

Offline Lunarium

• High Tier Trader
  • Staff Trainer
  • Forum Master
  • Your Deadly skill is jogging? Mine is Murdering.
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2016, 07:06:56 PM »
What do you feel you can offer the team that others can't?

What makes you stand out as a person in general?

Please take your time with responses. :)

Offline ❤ 4tlasNeptune ❤

• Forum Visitor
  • Reno's Mother ♥~
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 17, 2016, 12:53:23 AM »
What do you feel you can offer the team that others can't?

Love, compassion, generosity, and freedom. "What I mean by freedom is that I'll do voting instead of being too strict. People join the server for fun."

What makes you stand out as a person in general?

People find me compassionate and caring. I like to solve and help you people's problems. I've experienced harsh problems but even though I didn't give up and I kept trying until I found the right solution so I could share that solution to the people who are experiencing harsh pain. I also like giving gifts like Santa! It feels good to see people smile. It's worth looking at joy <3

Please take your time with responses. :)
« Last Edit: November 17, 2016, 12:55:21 AM by ❄4tlasNeptune❄ ♥ B-Day Boy »