• April 29, 2024, 05:21:11 AM

Author Topic: Ace Winters - Game Server Admin Application  (Read 4725 times)

Offline Captain Ace Winters

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Ace Winters - Game Server Admin Application
« on: November 23, 2016, 05:02:12 PM »
1. Which position do you wish to apply for?
Game Server Admin

2. Have you ever previously applied for a position in TF2SwapShop?
No

3. List any current staff members you know or have any personal relations with.
none

4. Do you have a microphone that you are willing to use?
Yes

5. Age:

6. What Time Zone do you live in?
American East Coast

7. List and describe any previous supervisory, administrative or management experience,­ in or out of the game:
ive never been an admin or anything but i knowthe jist of it, dont abuse your powers, keep the peace, so on

8. What are your goals in this community - or, why do you want to hold this position?
to keep the peace on the servers,mainly getting rid of cheaters

9. How much time will you be able to spend:
A. On the servers?
one of the servers i can be found on almost every day

B. On the forums?
i would rather be on servers but im ok with some forms here and there

10. How long have you been playing on our group of servers?
about a year

11. Do you speak any languages other than English?
a tiny bit of spanish

12. Link your SteamRep and other sources that show your reputation here:
nobody really supports my rep but i do have a good one as most people i meet love meand the fue that dont are usaly just really salty people in general.

13. If you have alternate accounts, list any alternate accounts that you own:
i have no alternate accounts

14. Describe a time when you lost control of your emotions and how you were able to cope with the situation (P.S: This can be about anything; it doesn't have to be from in-game.):
a resent break up witch i coped by spending time with a close friend

15. What do you consider in your personality to be strengths? What do you consider in your personality to be weaknesses?
ive almost never angry and can keep my anger under controle and that i think before acting, and a weakness i would say is atention spand and tendency to debate about things going as far as arguing

16. Assess these attributes from 1 to 10 based on how you see yourself:
  • Logical: 7
  • Patient: 5
  • Reactive: 3
  • Creative: 2
  • Polite: 6
  • Reasonable: 6
  • Objective: 5
  • Perceptive: 5
  • Compassionate: 5
  • Troubleshooter: 3
  • Honest: 6

17. After you become an admin, how would you react to these situations below:
A: How would you deal with a person who was making racist comments?
a mute and if he cantinues to harras in game chat a posible kick or ban if it is extream.

B: A group of players are offended by remarks that another player made, but you yourself do not find them to be offensive. How would you respond?
suggest the group mute the player after all thats what the mute botton is for, but it thngs get out of hand settel the issue in a fair way for both partys.

C: How would you deal with players who micspam?
i may enjoy a fun mic spam such as a song that everyone on the server likes but if repeated spam that is not elcome by the server then a request for them to stop followed by a mute if they refuse.

D: Another TF2SS admin is exploiting their powers in game; what will you do about it?
report there abuse of power to the other admins and see the issue delt with.

E: What would you do when answering a report that [username] is speed hacking on one of our servers?
join use my knolage of cheats as ive seen well enough players useing them to call one out and if they are canfermed a cheater a kick of ban.

F: A regular user threatens to ban another player if they do not comply with rules that do not exist. What will you do about it?
tell the newer user not to do what they say and tell the regular to please review the rules him or herself and make sure they know what there talking about.

G: A group of enemy players dominate you, ignoring everyone else and changing teams if you join the team they are on, killing only you over and over again. What will you do about it?
ask them nicely to stop, if they rufuse just self god mode and never kill then again i perfur to keep the peace not ruen it by killing.

H: How do you deal with a player who comments publicly that: you are an asshole, the server sucks ass, and continues to insult anyone who kills them with profanity & by screaming on the mic?
tell them nicely to stop mic spamming and nsulting everyone and that if they do not like the server there are always others to join, if harasement continues then a temporaty mute and if harasment is extream a kick or temporary ban.

I: A regular player on our server says that they will offer free godmode for anyone who trades a hat to them. What will you do about it?
kindly tell them to not advertise that and that they will be muted or kicked if they cantinue.

J: A player who bought the Headless Horsemann perk from the shop complains after another player slays him/her. What do you tell the slayed Headless Horsemann player?
yes you bought this perk but it is just something in a game, kindly get over it the world will not end.

K: How do you define Admin abuse?
useing your powers to target someone, killing everyone in an unfair way, killing someone repeatedly as they spawn, kicking/muteing/ banning player with no reasoning

After filling out this application, what are your feelings toward becoming a Server Admin on our servers?
the server is fun and most of the admins are nice and fun however some have abused there powers and used them in an abuseing way (GoldBurg)

Offline Hamtaro

• Server's Hamster
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Master
  • Hamha, how are you?
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Re: Ace Winters - Game Server Admin Application
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2016, 03:52:43 PM »
After filling out this application, what are your feelings toward becoming a Server Admin on our servers?
the server is fun and most of the admins are nice and fun however some have abused there powers and used them in an abuseing way (GoldBurg)
[/color]

How has GoldBurg used their powers in an abusing way? (may as well ask this since you've brought this detail)
I don't bite, so feel free to message me if anything.
Hablo español con gran fluidez, asi que deje un mensaje si tienes dudas.

Offline Minion of Set

• The Intimidating One
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Poster
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2016, 10:37:03 PM »
I also think it would be worth noting that you need to fix the many grammar errors in your application. Also, you can find your Steam rep at Steamrep.com.
Words of Wisdom: Never piss off an engineer, because he will get your balls, no matter what you do

Offline Lunarium

• High Tier Trader
  • Staff Trainer
  • Forum Master
  • Your Deadly skill is jogging? Mine is Murdering.
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2016, 08:24:55 AM »
If you have an interest into becoming a community Administrator, eagerness should be shown.

Please respond to any other Administrator's requests and questions in an appropriate manor.

Thank you for your time. :D

Offline Psy

• Butt Administrator
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Master
  • I'm retarded.
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2016, 01:18:04 PM »
I don't recommend this guy to be an admin. He seems like an asshole towards others. Plus his app is.... Uh.... Um.... It's horrible (That's the LEAST I could say about this app)!
AFK like JFK

Offline murts

• Strumming your bum daily
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Veteran
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2016, 02:03:38 PM »
The fact I've seen a mistake in almost every answer is concerning as you did rush this application and thus resulting in a horrific application. Please fix this before you even consider answering questions.
counter sally strike go

Offline BloodRain

• Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Hero
  • "Even lies contain some truth."
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2016, 10:49:47 PM »
There is a completely lack of detail in this application.

I would suggest making modifications.

Offline Seventeen

• Forum Member
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2016, 01:08:07 PM »
I would say no given the lack of effort and time put into this application.
A persons character is not measured by what one has done wrong but, how one has learned from said mistakes. (Seventeen)

Offline Narrator Alpha

• Virus Alpha
  • Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2016, 10:11:42 AM »
From what I can tell this application is highly rushed and if you were 18 you would have far less spelling errors and proper grammar, I'm sorry but a couple weeks ago I was online with alt and I believe I remember you yelling at someone through your mic, sorry if I mistake you with someone else I see people with similar names daily.
If you can give me a good reason to be admin, I'm staying neutral.
I became admin to help this community to call it my family, basically if you want to be apart of this family, prove your worth to this community that we protect.     
And may I add, this application seems like a hit and run, you haven't replied to us and you haven't answered our questions that leaves a negative imprint on us.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2016, 10:13:15 AM by Virus Alpha »

Offline Lunarium

• High Tier Trader
  • Staff Trainer
  • Forum Master
  • Your Deadly skill is jogging? Mine is Murdering.
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2016, 10:22:35 AM »
It has nearly been a complete week on your application with no responses made.

Please respond to your applications questions with appropriate answers.

Offline Ἀΐδης

• Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Master
  • What is it you truly seek to obtain?
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2016, 07:34:28 PM »
Thank you for applying for TF2SwapShop administration, however we regret to inform you that we feel that you do not satisfy our standards for server administrators at the moment.

You may re-apply again after 3 months have passed.

Application denied.