• April 28, 2024, 08:36:00 AM

Author Topic: dolandtramp69 - Game Server Admin Application  (Read 6909 times)

Offline FAP GOD

• °
  • Forum Poster
  • Don't be an entrepreneur of someone else's dreams
    • Google Backwards
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
dolandtramp69 - Game Server Admin Application
« on: January 11, 2017, 04:44:14 PM »
1. Which position do you wish to apply for?
Game Server Admin

2. Have you ever previously applied for a position in TF2SwapShop?
Yes

3. List any current staff members you know or have any personal relations with.
PM if necessary...

4. Do you have a microphone that you are willing to use?
Yes

5. Age:
16 turning 17 on 4/11/17

6. What Time Zone do you live in?
EST (Eastern Standard Time)

7. List and describe any previous supervisory, administrative or management experience,­ in or out of the game:
None

8. What are your goals in this community - or, why do you want to hold this position?
So I can make tf2ss a safer and more friendlier place,

9. How much time will you be able to spend:
A. On the servers?
I will not be able to spend a lot of time on the servers but for steam it depends on if i can sneak my phone around in school.

B. On the forums?
Depends what my mood is, usually I'm willing unless something like a holiday comes up and/or I have something important to do.

10. How long have you been playing on our group of servers?
I've been a Swapshopper for five, almost six months!

11. Do you speak any languages other than English?
Yes and no, I was learning french and I have some knowledge on the Spanish language but other wise I only know english.

12. Link your SteamRep and other sources that show your reputation here:
https://steamrep.com/search?q=http%3A%2F%2Fsteamcommunity.com%2Fid%2FDaPUSSbeMINE
http://www.vacbanned.com/engine/check

13. If you have alternate accounts, list any alternate accounts that you own:
none

14. Describe a time when you lost control of your emotions and how you were able to cope with the situation (P.S: This can be about anything; it doesn't have to be from in-game.):
I had this one time where this guy would not leave me alone on a tf2 server so what I did was I stopped and went spectator and took a five minute recess (a funny nickname I breaks) then I got back on and continued to play with little to no rage in me.

15. What do you consider in your personality to be strengths? What do you consider in your personality to be weaknesses?
I consider my personality to be plagued with things such as a small ego and some depression due to personal experiences but while i do have some weaknesses I have a few strengths such as understanding, team player, and a logical person.

16. Assess these attributes from 1 to 10 based on how you see yourself:
  • Logical: 7
  • Patient: 5
  • Reactive: 8
  • Creative: 9
  • Polite: 7
  • Reasonable: 10
  • Objective: 10
  • Perceptive: 6
  • Compassionate: 5
  • Troubleshooter: 8
  • Honest: 6

17. After you become an admin, how would you react to these situations below:
A: How would you deal with a person who was making racist comments?
I would tell this person politely to stop using the server announcement text and if they were not to stop i would mute for a possible five to ten minutes based on the scenario. I really can't answer this question well due to it being so open. For example racist jokes are OK in my book but to single out an entire group is simply wrong.

B: A group of players are offended by remarks that another player made, but you yourself do not find them to be offensive. How would you respond?
Well I would ask them nicely to stop using server announcement chat and if they continued i would mute for twenty to thirty minutes.

C: How would you deal with players who micspam?
I would ask the micspammer to stop and if they did not they would be kicked, mics are a privilege not a right!

D: Another TF2SS admin is exploiting their powers in game; what will you do about it?
I would use !report and make a post on it while recording video and hope they would get what's coming to them

E: What would you do when answering a report that [username] is speed hacking on one of our servers?
I would join that server (if I could), I would join the spectators team and spectate. If they are found guilty I would instantly ban them with the ban text being "please go to tf2ss.com to appeal your ban for:speedhacking"

F: A regular user threatens to ban another player if they do not comply with rules that do not exist. What will you do about it?
I would remind that threatening player to read the rules as that rule does not exist.

G: A group of enemy players dominate you, ignoring everyone else and changing teams if you join the team they are on, killing only you over and over again. What will you do about it?
What I would do is join another server and wait an hour or so then get back on that server, if they are still on I would just stay on the other server.

H: How do you deal with a player who comments publicly that: you are an asshole, the server sucks ass, and continues to insult anyone who kills them with profanity & by screaming on the mic?
I would first mute their voice mic telling them to calm down, if they did not do so after the cool off I would kick them.

I: A regular player on our server says that they will offer free godmode for anyone who trades a hat to them. What will you do about it?
I would report to the forum and kick the person who is claiming free godmode for a hat with the report link in the kick message.

J: A player who bought the Headless Horsemann perk from the shop complains after another player slays him/her. What do you tell the slayed Headless Horsemann player?
I wouldn't do anything unless it got to out of hand, in which case I would simply tell them to stop complaining as it's not against the rules to kill someone while they are headless horsemann.

K: How do you define Admin abuse?
I define admin abuse as the sort of any admin using their power over a server to abuse certain or all players period.

After filling out this application, what are your feelings toward becoming a Server Admin on our servers?
That is a hard but effective way to keep things like hackers and abusers out of adminship
« Last Edit: January 11, 2017, 05:10:14 PM by Trashman »
unless your living the way you want to, their is no reason to live~Hunter Williams 2017

Offline meatbone

• Personal Counselor
  • Forum Poster
  • Walking on a dream
    • Steam URL Because I change my name a lot
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Re: dolandtramp69 - Game Server Admin Application
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2017, 05:24:16 PM »
[/color]

16. Assess these attributes from 1 to 10 based on how you see yourself:
  • Logical: 7
  • Patient: 5
  • Reactive: 8
  • Creative: 9
  • Polite: 7
  • Reasonable: 10
  • Objective: 10
  • Perceptive: 6
  • Compassionate: 5
  • Troubleshooter: 8
  • Honest: 6

What makes you think you're a 10 in Reasonable and Objective? Care to elaborate?
Code: [Select]
<script type="text/javascript">
<!--
    alert("Am I wearing these thigh highs right?");
//-->
</script>

Offline FAP GOD

• °
  • Forum Poster
    • Google Backwards
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2017, 05:33:13 PM »
I believe I'm at a ten for objective because I have never strafed away from something I needed/wanted to do that was important unless it was beyond the realms of reality, I get things done when they needed to be. I  also believe I'm a ten for reasonable because of my understanding of problems such as accidents and "being human".

EDIT:
Also want to apologie as grammar is my weak spot in english
« Last Edit: January 11, 2017, 06:29:27 PM by Trashman »
unless your living the way you want to, their is no reason to live~Hunter Williams 2017

Offline Seventeen

• Forum Member
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2017, 07:23:39 PM »
After filling out this application, what are your feelings toward becoming a Server Admin on our servers?

"That is a hard but effective way to keep things like hackers and abusers out of adminship"

Anyone can become an abuser or hacker after they become an administrator. What is to stop them? Making an application and making a good one is more of a way to show who is serious about helping these servers and why they feel that they benefit the server in such a way that could help others when, a normal mute or such does not work. Please elaborate on why you said, what you said?

~17
A persons character is not measured by what one has done wrong but, how one has learned from said mistakes. (Seventeen)

Offline FAP GOD

• °
  • Forum Poster
    • Google Backwards
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2017, 07:52:12 PM »

"That is a hard but effective way to keep things like hackers and abusers out of adminship"

Anyone can become an abuser or hacker after they become an administrator. What is to stop them? Making an application and making a good one is more of a way to show who is serious about helping these servers and why they feel that they benefit the server in such a way that could help others when, a normal mute or such does not work. Please elaborate on why you said, what you said?

~17
I Feel as by making certain scenarios and asking them to the one registering for admin, it makes it harder for people who are hackers and admin abusers to want to sign up just to abuse and hack as an admin

Offline theSipow

• Cum Administrator
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Hero
  • Jai Geru Deva Om
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2017, 08:11:59 PM »
Given your recent situation where a friend has hacked your account, do you think the same will happen if you were given time as an admin? Will this "friend" hack your account again and abuse administrative powers?
« Last Edit: January 11, 2017, 08:15:08 PM by Sipow »
\_\_\_\_\_\_\_\_(  ̿  ̿  ̿  ̿°̿̿ ̿ ̿  ̿ ͜ʖ ̿ ̿ ̿ ̿ ̿ ̿°̿  ̿  ̿)_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/
i blame sipow

Offline FAP GOD

• °
  • Forum Poster
    • Google Backwards
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2017, 08:30:51 PM »
Given the current circumstance he has put me in I unfriended him and told his mom he is never allowed over at my house again, I've made sure to change every password so he can't get and and have started to turn my computer off, if he does the odds are very very low that he will but if he does it would be impossible as he won't ever be allowed on my phone and/or computer again...with this all out of the way my final answer will be yes this won't ever happen again

Offline Narrator Alpha

• Virus Alpha
  • Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2017, 02:49:50 AM »
Wait. "Not allowed at your house again" and you said he hacked your account, so this is making me suspicious, why was he on your computer in the first place?

Offline FAP GOD

• °
  • Forum Poster
    • Google Backwards
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2017, 08:17:47 AM »
Wait. "Not allowed at your house again" and you said he hacked your account, so this is making me suspicious, why was he on your computer in the first place?
He had my phone with all my passcodes, he copied them onto his phone and used his computer to use my accounts, when his kother told me i changed every password on the phone so he had no access to them anymore

Offline Psy

• Butt Administrator
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Master
  • I'm retarded.
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2017, 02:49:05 PM »
Could you please answer #3? I do not see why it has to be PMed.
AFK like JFK

Offline FAP GOD

• °
  • Forum Poster
    • Google Backwards
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2017, 03:23:18 PM »
Could you please answer #3? I do not see why it has to be PMed.
It was because I have to many to list...if their is any admins I forgot/don't list I apologize
Psykotik
Sipow
Penny
Virus Alpha | Trade.Tf
Death
Strum
Hades
Biscuit
Dr. Lethal: PhD
-ᴛғ2ss- RenoRaider™
Shh #HUNT2017
Virus Alpha | Trade.Tf
(Thank god that i found the staff list for this kek)

Offline Ἀΐδης

• Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Master
  • What is it you truly seek to obtain?
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2017, 03:44:44 PM »
Please accept my friend request as there are additional questions that I would like to ask.

Thank you,
Hades

Offline Ἀΐδης

• Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Master
  • What is it you truly seek to obtain?
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2017, 04:38:43 PM »
Thank you for taking an interest in applying for administration at TF2SwapShop, however due to lies found within your application it has been decided that it will be denied and that you may not be allowed to reapply unless otherwise decided by staff.

Application Denied.
You may not Reapply

Edit No. 1 01/12/2017 - 05:19:16pm
It has been decided that you cannot reapply.

Thank you,
Hades
« Last Edit: January 12, 2017, 05:20:04 PM by Hades »