• April 25, 2024, 11:06:34 PM

Author Topic: MINE5268 - Forum Moderator Application  (Read 3936 times)

Offline MINE_

• Forum Visitor
  • ✘ 𝓜𝔂 𝓵𝓲𝓯𝓮 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓵𝓲𝓮 ✘
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
MINE5268 - Forum Moderator Application
« on: January 19, 2017, 11:40:19 AM »
1. Which position do you wish to apply for?
Forum Moderator

2. Have you ever previously applied for a position in TF2SwapShop?
No

3. List any current staff members you know or have any personal relations with.
I don't really wanna say that I know anyone unless they truly do know me.

4. Do you have a microphone that you are willing to use?
Yes

5. Age:

6. What Time Zone do you live in?
Pacific Standard Time

7. List and describe any previous supervisory, administrative or management experience,­ in or out of the game:
Multiple Admin/Owner on multiple Minecraft servers (when I was younger) was shown and trained in ways of management by higher aged Admin/Moderator. For a while was an Admin/Moderator on a Gmod server. Programmer for plugin/repairing script errors.

8. What are your goals in this community - or, why do you want to hold this position?
To make a safer and better community. To help those who have issues in a much more organized and planned way. Instead of going instantly into a conclusion, I would try to get both sides and lengths of an issue, to get enough information before a final verdict. And provide strict rules and warn those who break them before they will get a punishment.

9. How much time will you be able to spend:
A. On the servers?
When I get home from school, around 3:00, unless I have homework. Until my restriction of internet (10:00 or 11:30 it gets turned off)

B. On the forums?
The entire day, but I have a restriction of internet and it gets turned off at either 10:00 or 11:30

10. How long have you been playing on our group of servers?
I have been playing for around over 2+ years now, and I have met many people who are kind and are helpful in every way.

11. Do you speak any languages other than English?
English is my strongest but I also am just starting to learn german.

12. Link your SteamRep and other sources that show your reputation here:
| steamname: MINE5168 CSGOBIG.COM
|  steam3ID: [U:1:132704472]
| steamID32: STEAM_0:0:66352236
| steamID64: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198092970200
| customURL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/MINE5168
|  steamrep: http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198092970200

13. If you have alternate accounts, list any alternate accounts that you own:
I have no alternate accounts (No reason too)

14. Describe a time when you lost control of your emotions and how you were able to cope with the situation (P.S: This can be about anything; it doesn't have to be from in-game.):
In since third grade and until fifth grade, I had issues with bullying, especially one guy who would beat me up pretty much ever day. I learned how to ignore underaged children and their insults. Today I get immature freshman who think I will get affected when they make fun of my mother, which is kinda silly and stupid at the same time. Ignoring them is pretty easy, and if they don't stop, I tell them either, why are you targeting me, or telling them to mind not trying to insult me, cause it ain't working. And if they still continue, well I either tell my teachers or I find out who their parents are, and then tell them. The parent thing usually always works. Especially the time one mother dragged her kid in the her car by the ear.

15. What do you consider in your personality to be strengths? What do you consider in your personality to be weaknesses?
I am a kind person, and it takes a lot to break me down, as well as to make me angry. My weaknesses are pretty much anything that is found out about my personal life, the issues I have, and so on. They can use that against me to basically get a reaction, kinda like bullying, but a much higher level.

16. Assess these attributes from 1 to 10 based on how you see yourself:
  • Logical: 7
  • Patient: 9
  • Reactive: 8
  • Creative: 10
  • Polite: 8
  • Reasonable: 8
  • Objective: 7
  • Perceptive: 7
  • Compassionate: 8
  • Troubleshooter: 9
  • Honest: 9

17. After you become an admin, how would you react to these situations below:
A: How would you deal with a person who was making racist comments?
First off, if a person is making racial comments, you should also think about how they have grown up, and what they experienced. So giving a serious warning is always a first, but if they continue with their behavior, then most likely punishment will ensue. This punishment should allow the person to hopefully understand that what they are doing is not ok at all, and that they should really stop.

B: A group of players are offended by remarks that another player made, but you yourself do not find them to be offensive. How would you respond?
I would first ask them how it offends them, and in any reason, I would warn the group making remarks to calm down what they say because your offending these/this person. If they continue, then punishment should ensue to allow them to learn and understand why it's not a nice thing to do.

C: How would you deal with players who micspam?
Give them a simple warning, EX: {username} please stop mic spamming please, this is a warning and if you don't stop there will be punishment.

D: Another TF2SS admin is exploiting their powers in game; what will you do about it?
Either warn them to stop abusing, or I would contact one of my crew mates and ask them for help. If the admin does not stop I would request for a punishment of some kind. I wouldn't immediately just remove them because I don't want to get myself involved and unranked as well. (Had this kind of issue before in a MC Server)

E: What would you do when answering a report that [username] is speed hacking on one of our servers?
Make sure to ask for true and honest witnesses, and provided evidence. If your going to blame "cheater" for hacking then you should also provide proof of what you are saying. Cause without proof, then it kinda looks like your just angry at a person who's doing better than you.

F: A regular user threatens to ban another player if they do not comply with rules that do not exist. What will you do about it?
Warn them that banning people is not their job and that impersonating moderators/admin is not allowed.

G: A group of enemy players dominate you, ignoring everyone else and changing teams if you join the team they are on, killing only you over and over again. What will you do about it?
Do nothing, since they are most likely looking for a reaction, hoping for me to rage.

H: How do you deal with a player who comments publicly that: you are an asshole, the server sucks ass, and continues to insult anyone who kills them with profanity & by screaming on the mic?
Give them a proper warning beforehand and if they proceed, punishment ensues.

I: A regular player on our server says that they will offer free godmode for anyone who trades a hat to them. What will you do about it?
Warn them to stop scamming others for profit or punishment will ensue.

J: A player who bought the Headless Horsemann perk from the shop complains after another player slays him/her. What do you tell the slayed Headless Horsemann player?
There's nothing wrong about it, the headless does not have god mode so the player killing him was reasonable.

K: How do you define Admin abuse?
When an admin overuses his powers of service. Admins are expected to look over and manage a server to make to a cleaner and safer community. But admin abuse is basically an admin let loose of its leash. Misusing their powers, often by becoming power hungry and causing trouble just for their own amusement or because "they feel like it".

After filling out this application, what are your feelings toward becoming a Server Admin on our servers?
I would enjoy having admin position again (This would be my first on a TF2 server). I've loved your servers and I'm just seeing if possibly If I could become an admin on it. Thanks :) Your staff seems to be very supportive and helpful as well, which is awesome!

Offline murts

• Strumming your bum daily
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Veteran
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Re: MINE5268 - Forum Moderator Application
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2017, 01:49:12 PM »
Forum moderator Is currently only for server admins. Application Denied.
counter sally strike go