• April 27, 2024, 10:21:30 PM

Author Topic: [TheMagicMarksMan] - Game Server Admin Application  (Read 7485 times)

Offline Skeleton

• Swapshops Duck Wrangler
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Poster
  • Big green man
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
[TheMagicMarksMan] - Game Server Admin Application
« on: January 21, 2017, 04:11:05 PM »
1. Which position do you wish to apply for?
Game Server Admin

2. Have you ever previously applied for a position in TF2SwapShop?
Yes

3. List any current staff members you know or have any personal relations with.
Some of the Admins i know personally as are follows:

Sins

Penny Fits

Strum

Some i know more then others out of these three fine gents. The list of staff members i know are bigger then just these 3, But its been awhile since I've seen them so i don't exactly remember their names.

Currently Strum is letting me take this Application a Month early, The reason being because i'm very much so interested in this Admin position.

I know Penny fits and Sins very well, They are Extremely close friends, And i consider Penny my dang gum father.

4. Do you have a microphone that you are willing to use?
Yes

5. Age:
18 (As of Oct 19th )

6. What Time Zone do you live in?
Eastern

7. List and describe any previous supervisory, administrative or management experience,­ in or out of the game:
Most of the following questions from here on out will be slightly different writings then my first application, I may paste parts, As most of these questions haven't changed, And i feel like i shouldn't have to just write them all out again.

As i stated in my previous Application to SS. a friend of mine used to Own a Trade plaza server himself, But seeing as he couldn't afford to keep it up. It was sadly shut down for good.

Nevertheless i was on the server 24/7. I had(And still do) a lot of free time to use, So i used it on his server. As a Mod.

8. What are your goals in this community - or, why do you want to hold this position?
The main reason i'm applying is: I love the community, i'm /ALWAYS/ On a SS Server, No underestimation, Trust me. I see friends all the time and i play with them 24/7. Might as well do something with my time there, Yea?

Another reason is because i see the place as it is, And don't get me wrong, i /LOVE/ the people around and i absolutely love playing on the servers, But i want to improve things, Not on a major scale, Just small things here and there. AKA: Roam the servers, Look for Hackers. (They're more common then one would think) Make sure people are having fun on the servers and just generally be an extremely active admin who wants nothing more but to ensure a good time.

9. How much time will you be able to spend:
A. On the servers?
On the servers: I'll spend most of my time there, Rather then anywhere else, I'm very active on our servers already. Simply just going on and having a good time. That was one of my biggest inspirations to becoming an admin actually, My activity on there. I'm not aware of the exact time I've spent on the servers. I just know that its an insane amount.

Long story short. I'll be spending most of my time on the servers. And my time on there will be insane.

Whenever i look for a trade plaza server, I ALWAYS Make sure its an SS server.

B. On the forums?
As i said in the Box above, Most of my time will be on the servers. But ill spend as much time on the forums as i can as well, As much as i need to. I'll be on here back and forth, But my focus will be on the servers. And making those a good place to play/Trade,

10. How long have you been playing on our group of servers?
As i said before, An insane amount. I'm not sure of my current time spent. But i remember being on there all time time, 24/7 when i get on TF2. Like i said before. Whenever i go to a trade plaza server, I Always make it a SS Server.  

My activity will be maximized in the servers. I may have an off day or two, Due to personal reasons, But expect me to be there 24/7

11. Do you speak any languages other than English?
Sadly no. I only speak English at the moment,

But i can fire up that good ol' Google translate.

12. Link your SteamRep and other sources that show your reputation here:
https://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198077755795

Even if +Rep's are useless. I still find it note worthy that i have quite a bit of them.

13. If you have alternate accounts, list any alternate accounts that you own:
I do not have any other ALT Accounts of any kind, I did at one point but forgot the login.

14. Describe a time when you lost control of your emotions and how you were able to cope with the situation (P.S: This can be about anything; it doesn't have to be from in-game.):
I cant think of a moment in particular, But there are times where, i suppose, i feel i was treated unfairly, or i didn't like a situation that was happening, so i become quite frustrated and get angry over little things, But though i quickly just step away and think it all through. This suggests my anger can lead to blindness.

15. What do you consider in your personality to be strengths? What do you consider in your personality to be weaknesses?
My personality is a mix between Heavily Logical,

(AKA: Will do what needs to be done, So long as the action is necessary, )

And also trustful, Honor and all that good stuff. But my real strengths lie in my logical thinking, Friends tell me i over think stuff often, Though i don't see it as such a problem. Considering i can analyze a situation, And never make a wrong move, And if i do make a wrong move (Because no one is perfect) I will try my best to fix it however i can.

16. Assess these attributes from 1 to 10 based on how you see yourself:
  • Logical: 10
  • Patient: 7
  • Reactive: 7
  • Creative: 8
  • Polite: 9
  • Reasonable: 10
  • Objective: 6
  • Perceptive: 9
  • Compassionate: 8
  • Troubleshooter: 9
  • Honest: 9

17. After you become an admin, how would you react to these situations below:
A: How would you deal with a person who was making racist comments?
Give him an extremely firm warning, If warning is ignored, Then i will Mute him. If comments were all he was doing, A mute seems reasonable.

B: A group of players are offended by remarks that another player made, but you yourself do not find them to be offensive. How would you respond?
I would again, Give them a firm warning. Even if i myself am not offended by their comments, Or hell, If i even agree with them i will firmly tell them to stop. And kick them if they ignore the warnings, So on and so forth.

C: How would you deal with players who micspam?
If it becomes way too excessive, I would give them a nice polite warning. One person at a time, And if they repeat what they say excessively i would punish them. (I.E Mute/Gag)

D: Another TF2SS admin is exploiting their powers in game; what will you do about it?
If I've made 100% Sure its abuse, I would first reason with them, And tell them what they are doing is wrong and should stop. If they continue, Even after hearing me clearly. I would take Evidence Screenshots. And take them to a higher power then my own,

If a higher power isn't online at the moment, I would tell any staff member i could, Making sure everyone was aware of the matter.

E: What would you do when answering a report that [username] is speed hacking on one of our servers?
I would go in, And make sure it was actual hacks the player was using, If it was say. The Speed boost from !Shop. I would alert the player who made the Report that he is only using !Shop. And i would show the player who to do it himself if he wished.

But. If say the Reporter knew it was high speed, and reported anyway in hopes of getting the player falsely banned, i would firmly tell them the consequences if they do it again.

If, Say he was actually hacking, I would Ban the Player on sight. Because if i did not, He would simply come back with an ALT Account Seeking attention, And do the same all over again.

Hacking cannot be tolerated, Especially on Trade servers. SteamRep looks at that kinda stuff.

F: A regular user threatens to ban another player if they do not comply with rules that do not exist. What will you do about it?
I would firmly tell him to stop, Explain the situation to the player being threatened, And Warn the other player to stop with the threatening, And alert everyone that he indeed does not have these powers. And tell that player that impersonating an admin is not tolerated.

G: A group of enemy players dominate you, ignoring everyone else and changing teams if you join the team they are on, killing only you over and over again. What will you do about it?
Usually in this situation, Admin or not, I would not whine and yell about being spawn camped. I would instead, take the challenge and try to take them on, 4 or 5v1 isn't as hard as you'd think, Though i would never ban anyone or kick anyone for it, Its all within the rules,

H: How do you deal with a player who comments publicly that: you are an asshole, the server sucks ass, and continues to insult anyone who kills them with profanity & by screaming on the mic?
I would give them a firm warning, and tell them that high use of profanity isn't allowed on these servers. And tell him that if these servers suck ass so much, no one is keeping him here. And he should go if he wishes.

If he wishes to stay. But continues with these offences. I will Gag/Mute him appropriately. And if the warnings and punishments are ignored, A kick would be issued.

I: A regular player on our server says that they will offer free godmode for anyone who trades a hat to them. What will you do about it?
I will quickly shut that down, and make sure everyone playing on that server at that time knows that he doesn't have these powers. I would make sure that the player doing this knows the implications of impersonating an admin and their powers.

Impersonation and scamming cannot be tolerated.

If they have already traded away their hats for the powers, Sadly there is nothing i could do in that case, But hopefully ill be there in time to make sure it never happens.

J: A player who bought the Headless Horsemann perk from the shop complains after another player slays him/her. What do you tell the slayed Headless Horsemann player?
I would tell this player that there is currently no such thing as 'Refunds' In the shop, and tell him that he should have known that buying that perk puts him at risk of being killed.

I'd tell him that he can donate to buy it again if he wishes, but he should not complain about dying with it again,

K: How do you define Admin abuse?
Admin abuse is when an admin of the server uses his Powers/Rank against the people of the server, kicking and banning people because he slightly disliked them, and just overall abuse of the power he has / the rank he has.

After filling out this application, what are your feelings toward becoming a Server Admin on our servers?
Side note to this 2nd application of mine: If you were around for my 1st application, you'll notice some of the things in the 1st one, were copied and pasted over into the 2nd one,

This is because the things I've copied back are things that haven't changed since the 2 months of my first application. My outlook on the subject didn't alter, Thus i felt it was dumb to type it all back again.

Side side note: If you look back at A16. You'll notice most of the things are quite high, This is not me showing my perfection, I am far from perfect and need guidance. A16 is high because some of the questions translate to my highly logical thinking.

Example: Reasonable is so high because my Logical is so high, Ect.

I would absolutely /love/ becoming staff of the servers.

No cheese intended, but its my dream to become server admin of SS, I consider it and you guys family, and i want nothing but a bright future for SS. And i wish to be along for the ride, If you'll allow me a seat.

Long story short. overall If you want an Extremely just and active admin whose always on the servers 24/7. I urge you to accept this application,

Offline meatbone

• Personal Counselor
  • Forum Poster
  • Walking on a dream
    • Steam URL Because I change my name a lot
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Re: [TheMagicMarksMan] - Game Server Admin Application
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2017, 04:49:09 PM »
Please do take the time to rewrite this, if you did copy paste answers. Some of these questions have changed, and it can get you denied if you do copy paste from previous applications.
Code: [Select]
<script type="text/javascript">
<!--
    alert("Am I wearing these thigh highs right?");
//-->
</script>

Offline Skeleton

• Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Poster
  • Big green man
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2017, 04:58:57 PM »
Obviously i did not do this for all answers, Hardly any, Other then one, Everything else has obviously been re-written and adjusted accordingly

Offline Helsinki

• The Purple Admin
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Poster
  • Shush, Shh, whatever - pick one and stick with it
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2017, 06:31:50 PM »
How would you respond to a player who breaks the rules, and stops after a single warning; but later on breaks the same rule again, and stops after another warning? Someone who goes through a loophole.
This is my grain of salt.
This grain of salt is happy.

Offline Skeleton

• Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Poster
  • Big green man
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2017, 07:12:28 PM »
How would you respond to a player who breaks the rules, and stops after a single warning; but later on breaks the same rule again, and stops after another warning? Someone who goes through a loophole.

The only solution to that kind of situation seems to be a ban. Simply kicking him would just cause him to come back.

So i would probably give him one final, Firm warning, Maybe even skip that warning and just ban him.

Unless its something small like spamming chat, If he was simply spamming chat i would mute him,

Offline BloodRain

• Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Hero
  • "Even lies contain some truth."
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2017, 04:54:05 PM »

The only solution to that kind of situation seems to be a ban. Simply kicking him would just cause him to come back.

So i would probably give him one final, Firm warning, Maybe even skip that warning and just ban him.

Unless its something small like spamming chat, If he was simply spamming chat i would mute him,

What would the duration of the ban be?

Offline Skeleton

• Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Poster
  • Big green man
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2017, 05:51:24 PM »

What would the duration of the ban be?

Assuming it was something a bit more serious then chat spam, Considering chat spam(At least small amounts of it) isn't ban worthy,

I would probably issue a ban for say. 24 hours? Two days? I cant say for sure, It all depends on the scale of the rule breaking. If it was simple chat spamming, But he wouldn't listen, Considering he would have disobeyed direct admin commands and was punished various times, The ban length would be forever.

I don't wish to be hard on people, Seriously, But if a player is aware of the rules being broken, And doesn't care that he is being told not to do these things from an Admin, Something must be done.

If it was a bit more serious then that, Like, Various rules being broke. (Admin impersonating, Hacking, Ect) I would ban him indefinitely, If he is aware of the rules, Yet fails to listen to direct admin commands, And continues to do these things even after being punished various times, I would indeed ban him permanently.

Yet i say again, It all depends on the scale of the rules broken. And their willingness to listen to commands given.

Ban/Mute/Gag/Kick lengths all depend on the player's actions/Attitudes to these punishments. 

Offline BloodRain

• Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Hero
  • "Even lies contain some truth."
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2017, 07:04:17 PM »
Thank you for answering my question.

Offline Skeleton

• Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Poster
  • Big green man
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2017, 07:07:28 PM »
Thank you for answering my question.

No worries man, Put in a good word for me
8)

Offline theSipow

• Cum Administrator
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Hero
  • Jai Geru Deva Om
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2017, 08:07:29 PM »
No alt accounts, Never had the need for one,

I do not have any other ALT Accounts of any kind, I did at one point but forgot the login.

You did not mention this "lost account" on your previous application. Could you explain why you felt the need to bring this up now; could you try to link us to said account?
\_\_\_\_\_\_\_\_(  ̿  ̿  ̿  ̿°̿̿ ̿ ̿  ̿ ͜ʖ ̿ ̿ ̿ ̿ ̿ ̿°̿  ̿  ̿)_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/
i blame sipow

Offline Skeleton

• Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Poster
  • Big green man
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2017, 08:22:29 PM »
No alt accounts, Never had the need for one,

You did not mention this "lost account" on your previous application. Could you explain why you felt the need to bring this up now; could you try to link us to said account?

Sorry,

The Account in question ive looked for since reading this, And the account can be found here:

https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198066575881

Again, I've forgotten the login, So i haven't used it in awhile,

I realize i cannot actually prove to you that this is actually me, But please trust that it is, I would have no reason to say it isn't,

To answer your question as to why i bring it up now: Earlier in my first application, I didn't think back on it too much, I didn't put any effort into actually trying to remember such a thing,

With my second application, I wanted to improve on the first and leave no stone un-turned. I wanted to make sure 100% that all these questions were honest and true. So the 2nd time around i actually went and put effort into trying to remember the dang thing.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2017, 08:27:21 PM by [TheMagicMarksMan] »

Offline theSipow

• Cum Administrator
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Hero
  • Jai Geru Deva Om
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2017, 08:24:14 PM »
Thank you for responding.
i blame sipow

Offline Skeleton

• Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Poster
  • Big green man
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2017, 08:32:07 PM »
Thank you for responding.

No worries, thanks for bringing it up, i'm glad its been clarified now, rather then later.

Offline theSipow

• Cum Administrator
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Hero
  • Jai Geru Deva Om
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2017, 10:00:11 PM »
Thank you for applying for TF2SwapShop administration, however we regret to inform you that we feel that you do not satisfy our standards for server administrators at the moment.

You may re-apply again after 3 months have passed.

Application denied.
i blame sipow