• April 26, 2024, 12:05:26 AM

Author Topic: Team Fortress 2 Classic  (Read 24610 times)

Offline FAP GOD

• °
  • Forum Poster
  • Don't be an entrepreneur of someone else's dreams
    • Google Backwards
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Team Fortress 2 Classic
« on: January 21, 2017, 06:22:02 PM »
Hello, I wanted to ask if you have heard of tf2c...
what is tf2c? Tf2c is a mod built off of the source 2008 sdk that reverts tf2 back to it's roots as well as add beta elements and some new elements to the game.
Now to where this ties in with tf2ss, I would like to ask if it would be possible/would be wanted to make tf2c swapshop servers and while this mod is very unnoticed compared to other source mods, I believe it has potential to be something great. Here is some information about the mod as well as it's discord
Discord: https://discord.gg/4hfzqzw
Offical mod site: http://tf2classic.com/
So what do you think about the mod? I would love to see some swapshop servers in tf2c! I hope I have convinced you to make a tf2classic server Swapshop staff :) Have a great day!!!

EDIT 1: Poll Added
« Last Edit: January 21, 2017, 08:26:06 PM by Trashman »
unless your living the way you want to, their is no reason to live~Hunter Williams 2017

Offline theSipow

• Cum Administrator
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Hero
  • Jai Geru Deva Om
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Re: Team Fortress 2 Classic
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2017, 06:34:36 PM »
Moved to Suggestions / Feedback
\_\_\_\_\_\_\_\_(  ̿  ̿  ̿  ̿°̿̿ ̿ ̿  ̿ ͜ʖ ̿ ̿ ̿ ̿ ̿ ̿°̿  ̿  ̿)_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/
i blame sipow

Offline FAP GOD

• °
  • Forum Poster
    • Google Backwards
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2017, 06:35:58 PM »
Sorry sipow, didn't know quite sure where to put this ;-;
unless your living the way you want to, their is no reason to live~Hunter Williams 2017

Offline theSipow

• Cum Administrator
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Hero
  • Jai Geru Deva Om
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2017, 06:37:32 PM »
Last time I checked, there aren't very many servers that support this mod. This could be something interesting for SwapShop if it was to be added.
\_\_\_\_\_\_\_\_(  ̿  ̿  ̿  ̿°̿̿ ̿ ̿  ̿ ͜ʖ ̿ ̿ ̿ ̿ ̿ ̿°̿  ̿  ̿)_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/
i blame sipow

Offline FAP GOD

• °
  • Forum Poster
    • Google Backwards
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2017, 06:42:27 PM »
I belive it would be a nice addition to see something like a crit server, or something that swapshop is known for with features such as a scout with a nailgun, something that tf2c is known for

Offline Peter Capaldi's Peter Capaldi

• Forum Veteran
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Re:ic
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2017, 08:04:54 PM »
Nice find! I've played TF2C before. I had thought about making a server suggestion for this game but I didn't think it would go any where. Props for having the guts to put this out there. I support your idea. ;)

I think SwapShop should have servers for this game. Maybe we could try to get regular TF2 players on TF2C. I sort of doubt that anyone would want to play this game. It's kind of dead right now... The last thing I heard about this game was that a few "pro" players have played on some of the servers.

If this really works out, then I could see SwapShop being a lasting community within TF2C. If and only if SwapShop really wants to put the work into getting that game populated, then I would wager the odds of SwapShop becoming this game's savior pretty high.

With a new and fresh start, SwapShop could really take off in TF2C and underline a majority of the game's communities and atmospheres. The prospects could be quite high, yet Loadsamoney may be scrounging around for dimes right now.

Besides, do we really have the time, determination, and the minds to resurrect TF2C? I wouldn't know. We certainly don't have a massive community. This is especially true on the forums. We would have to just wait and see. In the meantime, put up a poll and let people vote. :) From there we can decide whether we would be comfortable and ready to take on such a challenge. Head Administration should also consider what this could mean for the community as a whole.
~

Offline FAP GOD

• °
  • Forum Poster
    • Google Backwards
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2017, 08:17:46 PM »
Nice find! I've played TF2C before. I had thought about making a server suggestion for this game but I didn't think it would go any where. Props for having the guts to put this out there. I support your idea. ;)

I think SwapShop should have servers for this game. Maybe we could try to get regular TF2 players on TF2C. I sort of doubt that anyone would want to play this game. It's kind of dead right now... The last thing I heard about this game was that a few "pro" players have played on some of the servers.

If this really works out, then I could see SwapShop being a lasting community within TF2C. If and only if SwapShop really wants to put the work into getting that game populated, then I would wager the odds of SwapShop becoming this game's savior pretty high.

With a new and fresh start, SwapShop could really take off in TF2C and underline a majority of the game's communities and atmospheres. The prospects could be quite high, yet Loadsamoney may be scrounging around for dimes right now.

Besides, do we really have the time, determination, and the minds to resurrect TF2C? I wouldn't know. We certainly don't have a massive community. This is especially true on the forums. We would have to just wait and see. In the meantime, put up a poll and let people vote. :) From there we can decide whether we would be comfortable and ready to take on such a challenge. Head Administration should also consider what this could mean for the community as a whole.

I agree with most of what peter's saying, We could be a savior of tf2classic, also the mod's not dead, It's seemed that way because the devs are having trouble with the latest update, you can talk to them with the discord link I provided you...
also thanks peter for the encouragement on this topic, I props you and no sipow because of giving me credit  <3

Offline BloodRain

• Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Hero
  • "Even lies contain some truth."
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2017, 04:51:15 PM »
It's possible to think of this as an opportunity for our servers.

We could gain a lot of traffic while this game is still in its developmental stages.

The main issue I have here is the compatibility, and the accessibility of the servers. People need to join from a separate/modded client I believe. Also, the compatibility of TF2SS's plugins and/or maps. Unsure if any tweaking would be required.

Nevertheless, it is still a decent idea. - Not bad.

• Forum Veteran
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2017, 05:03:13 PM »

We could gain a lot of traffic while this game is still in its developmental stages.

The main issue I have here is the compatibility, and the accessibility of the servers. People need to join from a separate/modded client I believe. Also, the compatibility of TF2SS's plugins and/or maps. Unsure if any tweaking would be required.

You do understand that this mod has been practically dead for months now, right? I have no idea what the development team is doing, but I'm sure they've been behind for quite a while. In addition, the community barely exists. Not only would you have to work for functionality on these servers but you would also have to work to practically build a community for the game. Would you or anyone else even want the same functionality and maps SwapShop applies to the TF2 servers?
~

Offline FAP GOD

• °
  • Forum Poster
    • Google Backwards
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2017, 04:48:07 PM »
also the mod's not dead, It's seemed that way because the devs are having trouble with the latest update, you can talk to them with the discord link I provided you...
Great job reading peter.... : ^ )

Yes it requires a modded client and yes it requires it's own server setup which in my standards are much harder than tf2 server setup but never the less I think it would be bread and butter for swapshop if they started servers for tf2classic....
« Last Edit: January 23, 2017, 04:50:42 PM by Trashman »

Offline BloodRain

• Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Hero
  • "Even lies contain some truth."
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2017, 06:23:33 PM »

You do understand that this mod has been practically dead for months now, right? I have no idea what the development team is doing, but I'm sure they've been behind for quite a while. In addition, the community barely exists. Not only would you have to work for functionality on these servers but you would also have to work to practically build a community for the game. Would you or anyone else even want the same functionality and maps SwapShop applies to the TF2 servers?

To be honest, I'm not all that deep into the community. I've never even played the mod myself. I've seen some talk and gameplay but that's pretty much it.

In regards to how tf2ss would work on the servers, well, shop has always been an integral part of the community. It's custom for players to be able to buy credits and use them. In-game currency. I couldn't imagine that feature being excluded, especially one that was made specifically for tf2ss.

However, I could live without it if need be. Who knows? It may work regardless. I don't code plugins, so that's not my expertise.

• Forum Veteran
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2017, 07:55:01 PM »
Great job reading peter.... : ^ )

Lol! I completely missed that. Thanks for point it out. ;) But I'm afraid you didn't fully comprehend my post either. Anyways, I'm not sure I would even trust the developers on that sort of claim. That must be some issue or some laziness. :P
« Last Edit: January 23, 2017, 07:56:35 PM by Peter Capaldi's Peter Capaldi »
~

Offline FAP GOD

• °
  • Forum Poster
    • Google Backwards
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2017, 07:23:48 PM »
no they have uploaded multiple videos showcasing features the current build does not have

• Forum Veteran
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2017, 09:19:55 PM »
no they have uploaded multiple videos showcasing features the current build does not have

I've checked their Discord, their FacePunch thread, their YouTube, and their site. There are no new or recent videos showcasing any new features. There are probably features they've showcased in the past that aren't in the current build and the status of those features are unknown.

As far as I'm concerned and as far as I've heard and seen, the project is either slow going, bugged, or on a hiatus. Still, I'm unsure of the current population of the servers but I'm almost sure that department is sort of abandoned. Sooooo... If you find any new videos showcasing those new features, then I'll be quite excited. :)

I certainly hope the team gets crackin' on the project again and I know some of them have shown the project's progress on different YouTube accounts. So there may be some videos they're not sharing with their typical outlets. If that's the case, then you're either one crafty or lucky guy. ;)
~

Offline FAP GOD

• °
  • Forum Poster
    • Google Backwards
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2017, 07:16:59 PM »
didn't check hard enough:
https://github.com/danielmm8888/TF2Classic/commit/90a1b8be79468a4c25e4ec6192b610c159345b62
Their official github page referencing the sandvich in the next tf2 classic update ;)