• April 25, 2024, 01:36:21 AM

Author Topic: Team Fortress 2 Classic  (Read 24567 times)

Offline Peter Capaldi's Peter Capaldi

• Forum Veteran
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Re: Team Fortress 2 Classic
« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2017, 02:11:35 PM »
didn't check hard enough:
https://github.com/danielmm8888/TF2Classic/commit/90a1b8be79468a4c25e4ec6192b610c159345b62
Their official github page referencing the sandvich in the next tf2 classic update ;)

Nice! I didn't know they had a Github. It's a shame that the last commit was made on Jul 18, 2016. It seems like it's been dead or on a hiatus for half a year.
~

Offline FAP GOD

• °
  • Forum Poster
  • Don't be an entrepreneur of someone else's dreams
    • Google Backwards
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2017, 08:31:17 PM »
still they do claim that this would be the year so idk XD
EDIT: Who chose the spy option?
unless your living the way you want to, their is no reason to live~Hunter Williams 2017

• Forum Veteran
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2017, 08:54:27 PM »
still they do claim that this would be the year so idk XD
EDIT: Who chose the spy option?

Did they claim that this year they'd get the project out of beta or something? You seem to be way more passionate about the project than I am. I should do some Googling on this stuff. Maybe I'll see if I can find a quote to match that statement. :P
« Last Edit: January 27, 2017, 08:56:51 PM by Peter Capaldi's Peter Capaldi »
~

Offline FAP GOD

• °
  • Forum Poster
    • Google Backwards
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2017, 09:09:15 PM »
they claimed next update will come out this year, idk though it seems that alot of hope is lost in half the dev team....
unless your living the way you want to, their is no reason to live~Hunter Williams 2017

• Forum Veteran
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 27, 2017, 09:13:55 PM »
they claimed next update will come out this year, idk though it seems that alot of hope is lost in half the dev team....

Aw, man. I should really take the time to find this quote. I hope they haven't given up. This is the only TF2 mod that I know of. It would be a massive shame if they decided to quit. TF2C is already pretty good. Let's hope that the devs get back at it or a community comes by to breath some life into it. Heck, a new wave of people could lead to more developers.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2017, 09:16:10 PM by Peter Capaldi's Peter Capaldi »
~

Offline FAP GOD

• °
  • Forum Poster
    • Google Backwards
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 27, 2017, 09:20:03 PM »

Aw, man. I should really take the time to find this quote. I hope they haven't given up. This is the only TF2 mod that I know of. It would be a massive shame if they decided to quit. TF2C is already pretty good. Let's hope that the devs get back at it or a community comes by to breath some life into it. Heck, a new wave of people could lead to more developers.
why have an old quote when you could have one from a few minutes ago from when i asked
http://imgur.com/jMIbKIJ

• Forum Veteran
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 27, 2017, 09:27:11 PM »
why have an old quote when you could have one from a few minutes ago from when i asked
http://imgur.com/jMIbKIJ

Niiiiice! I'm glad to see that they haven't given up on the project! :D Anyways, back on to the topic. We should think about helpin' out with their community dilemma. We would have a lot of pros and cons on the table. The poll results seem a little everywhere. We'll see what others say. The only thing that would seriously matter is bringing the idea to the head administration and keeping it on their radar. ;)
« Last Edit: January 27, 2017, 09:28:53 PM by Peter Capaldi's Peter Capaldi »
~

Offline FAP GOD

• °
  • Forum Poster
    • Google Backwards
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 27, 2017, 09:30:18 PM »
While I am banned from being admin on tf2 swapshop servers, I believe I should be Head-Admin for Tf2Classic Swapshop servers as I am the one who started this thread and brought the attention to the game

Offline theSipow

• Cum Administrator
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Hero
  • Jai Geru Deva Om
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 27, 2017, 09:34:09 PM »
While I am banned from being admin on tf2 swapshop servers, I believe I should be Head-Admin for Tf2Classic Swapshop servers as I am the one who started this thread and brought the attention to the game

Riiiiiiiight...
\_\_\_\_\_\_\_\_(  ̿  ̿  ̿  ̿°̿̿ ̿ ̿  ̿ ͜ʖ ̿ ̿ ̿ ̿ ̿ ̿°̿  ̿  ̿)_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/
i blame sipow

Offline Psy

• Butt Administrator
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Master
  • I'm retarded.
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 27, 2017, 09:42:33 PM »

Then I hope you're prepared to do all of the following:

- Handle applications.
- Manage the staff.
- Take care of admin abuse.
- Know when to demote a staff member.
- Know when to deny or accept an application.
- Put up with people constantly messaging you for a bunch of issues that you have no control over.
- Promote accepted applicants.
- Lead a whole crew of admins who will look up to you as a role model and you will be held responsible for any fuck-ups they do.
AFK like JFK

• Forum Veteran
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 27, 2017, 09:57:26 PM »

Well... I don't think it will be as easy as that. You'll have to put in a lot of work regardless of where ever you go with this idea. I've made a lot of suggestions here at SwapShop. Very few of my suggestions may have been put into place. I assume that those few suggestions may not even be to my credit.

Anyways, if you feel like you have the caliber and the responsibility to undertake such a position and assume a myriad of other positions, then I say go for it. You'll need a lot of help around here and I know that a lot of people here aren't necessarily quick to jump on anything new. Moreover, they're obviously skeptical of your integrity. As a leader, your character will mean more than the results and the skills you apply to achieve those results.

You have my approval on this idea. Build your character, build your relations, build your skill set, and build your vision. If and only if you're up to it, then get to it. Never back down from help, never back down from a question and never back down from your vision. Mature it, change it, nurture it, and move it forward. You can do it but you can't do it alone. It all starts with a humble heart and a dream. Boast in your weaknesses for they're your strengths. But don't allow your strengths to go too far; otherwise they'll be your downfall.

http://www.gzaas.com/DQ9hJaS
« Last Edit: January 27, 2017, 11:38:55 PM by Peter Capaldi's Peter Capaldi »
~

Offline FAP GOD

• °
  • Forum Poster
    • Google Backwards
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 27, 2017, 11:14:17 PM »
thanks, I really appreciate it, I ask that if this idea goes into play, I would like you to work along side me or be some guidance peter as I find you most helpful (no disrespect to other admins/the owner)...

• Forum Veteran
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 27, 2017, 11:44:58 PM »
thanks, I really appreciate it, I ask that if this idea goes into play, I would like you to work along side me or be some guidance peter as I find you most helpful (no disrespect to other admins/the owner)...

I can't promise everything but I can help out. I know we also have some people here who can help make it happen. They're just skeptical right now. They know they're the best, but they're just not ready to put the work into this. They're either unsure, too lazy, or generally unwilling; they have good reasons to be too. I know I've been a busy academic bee this year. I would assume the same for a lot of people here at SwapShop. Talk to some of the other people here too. See if you can get some more support and some more hands. I'll be discussing it with them as well.
~

Offline FAP GOD

• °
  • Forum Poster
    • Google Backwards
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 28, 2017, 02:57:01 PM »
Agreed, but I do believe if anyone is to work on this it should be either me or you peter as we seem to be the ones here with the knowledge of this game
EDIT: also yes I'm prepared to do the necessary tasks to achieve the swapshopclassic servers
but i do appreciate your scare tactics : ^ )
« Last Edit: January 28, 2017, 03:29:10 PM by ANIMOO! »

• Forum Veteran
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 28, 2017, 06:45:50 PM »
Agreed, but I do believe if anyone is to work on this it should be either me or you peter as we seem to be the ones here with the knowledge of this game
EDIT: also yes I'm prepared to do the necessary tasks to achieve the swapshopclassic servers
but i do appreciate your scare tactics : ^ )

I wouldn't say I have an abundance of knowledge on TF2Classic. But I could find some stuff out. You're right since we'd probably be the only two people working on this project. Not many people here want to work on anything new. If you're prepared for such a position, then you need to act like it and work like it. It's not a scare tactic. It's the straight up reality on what it means to be a leader. I didn't know leadership scared you. Maybe you're not ready right now but that's okay.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2017, 06:49:05 PM by Peter Capaldi's Peter Capaldi »
~