• March 29, 2024, 04:16:30 AM

Author Topic: Kyūbi - Game Server Admin Application  (Read 5962 times)

Offline Kyūbi

• °
  • Forum Visitor
  • No matter what they say, humans say the same thing
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Kyūbi - Game Server Admin Application
« on: February 11, 2017, 08:35:28 PM »
1. Which position do you wish to apply for?
Game Server Admin

2. Have you ever previously applied for a position in SwapShop?
Yes

3. List any current staff members you know or have any personal relations with.
Strum

4. Do you have a microphone that you are willing to use?
Yes

5. Age:

6. What Time Zone do you live in?
Central Time Zone

7. List and describe any previous supervisory, administrative or management experience,­ in or out of the game:
I was an event host for a TF2 group called Mass Crabbing co., and I was a co-owner for a Gmod group called Derps United.

8. What are your goals in this community - or, why do you want to hold this position?
My wish to be an administrator that any player can ask and have an answer from.

9. How much time will you be able to spend:
A. On the servers?
I am in high school, so I don't get home until around 3:30 CST. I currently only have band practice on Thursdays that run until around 5:00 CST. On weekends and non-school days I'm mostly online.

B. On the forums?
I check forums on a daily basis

10. How long have you been playing on our group of servers?
I've first joined this group in June 2015 while trying to find a place to sell an unusual. I've played on the servers and been a member of the community since then.

11. Do you speak any languages other than English?
I can only speak English.

12. Link your SteamRep and other sources that show your reputation here:
| steamname: Kyūbi
|  steam3ID: [U:1:120558549]
| steamID32: STEAM_0:1:60279274
| steamID64: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198080824277
| customURL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/CajunSteamPunk
|  steamrep: http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198080824277

13. If you have alternate accounts, list any alternate accounts that you own:
No alternate accounts.

14. Describe a time when you lost control of your emotions and how you were able to cope with the situation (P.S: This can be about anything; it doesn't have to be from in-game.):
Even though I am calm, I do tend to have an anger issue sometimes. I remember back on Derps United

15. What do you consider in your personality to be strengths? What do you consider in your personality to be weaknesses?
Strengths: Patient, Calm, Serious.

Weaknesses: Anger Issues, Slightly Jokitive,

16. Assess these attributes from 1 to 10 based on how you see yourself:
  • Logical: 7
  • Patient: 8
  • Reactive: 7
  • Creative: 8
  • Polite: 8
  • Reasonable: 7
  • Objective: 10
  • Perceptive: 8
  • Compassionate: 7
  • Troubleshooter: 9
  • Honest: 10

17. After you become an admin, how would you react to these situations below:
A: How would you deal with a person who was making racist comments?
I'd ask them to stop or they will receive either a kick or a ban. I don't tolerate racism.

B: A group of players are offended by remarks that another player made, but you yourself do not find them to be offensive. How would you respond?
I would ask or tell the player to stop making the remarks he/she made and that it is very uncomfortable to the players.

C: How would you deal with players who micspam?
I'd ask them through chat or a chat command to please stop. If they don't stop spamming, they receive a mute.

D: Another TF2SS admin is exploiting their powers in game; what will you do about it?
As soon as I notice it. I'd head straight for the forums and report the administrator for abuse of power.

E: What would you do when answering a report that [username] is speed hacking on one of our servers?
I'd first ask them for any proof that they were speed hacking. If there was proof, I'd respond, "Thank you for your report.
We will issue a ban on [username]."

F: A regular user threatens to ban another player if they do not comply with rules that do not exist. What will you do about it?
I'd tell the player that those rules do not exist and that said user is not a TF2SS Administrator.

G: A group of enemy players dominate you, ignoring everyone else and changing teams if you join the team they are on, killing only you over and over again. What will you do about it?
I will just stay in my spawn and take my time to calm down if I'm experiencing any signs of stress or rage.

H: How do you deal with a player who comments publicly that: you are an asshole, the server sucks ass, and continues to insult anyone who kills them with profanity & by screaming on the mic?
I'd issue a mute if it was through voice chat. If they continue their behavior through text chat, they receive a ban for disrespecting a staff member.

I: A regular player on our server says that they will offer free godmode for anyone who trades a hat to them. What will you do about it?
I'd warn the victim that this is a scammer, ban the scammer for attempting to scam, and most likely report the scammer on SteamRep.

J: A player who bought the Headless Horsemann perk from the shop complains after another player slays him/her. What do you tell the slayed Headless Horsemann player?
I tell the player that they were probably getting tired of being spawncamped by him/her using the HHH perk.

K: How do you define Admin abuse?
Admin Abuse:

When a player with any form of authority and power use their said authority and power just for their own personal gain.

After filling out this application, what are your feelings toward becoming a Server Admin on our servers?
I would thank anyone who supported me becoming a staff member for your servers. Honestly, I feel that having the honor of becoming an Administrator for TF2 SwapShop is an honor you earn through respect and dedication.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2017, 08:37:34 PM by Kyūbi »
"Where there is the black of night and sorrow, there is also the light of day and hope..."

Offline Helsinki

• The Purple Admin
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Poster
  • Shush, Shh, whatever - pick one and stick with it
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Re: Kyūbi - Game Server Admin Application
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2017, 09:52:36 PM »
How would you respond to a player who repeatedly broke rules, such as racism, but left before you could punish him?
This is my grain of salt.
This grain of salt is happy.

Offline Kyūbi

• °
  • Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2017, 10:23:33 PM »
As avoiding admins' punishments can lead to a worse punishment, like a ban from a server:

Since SourceMod bans a user by SteamID defaultly, I could just ban him even if he wasn't on the server by typing in console:

sm_ban <#userid> <time> [reason]

If you feel this didn't answer your question, just let me know.

« Last Edit: February 11, 2017, 10:28:26 PM by Kyūbi »
"Where there is the black of night and sorrow, there is also the light of day and hope..."

Offline Psy

• Butt Administrator
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Master
  • I'm retarded.
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2017, 11:26:12 PM »
Strum retired the other night.
AFK like JFK

Offline Kyūbi

• °
  • Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2017, 11:42:03 PM »
I wasn't actually aware that Strum retired.

Thank you for letting me know about it, Psykotik.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2017, 12:16:41 AM by Kyūbi »

Offline theSipow

• Cum Administrator
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Hero
  • Jai Geru Deva Om
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2017, 09:34:17 AM »
What makes you believe your "Jokitive Nature" is a negative trait?
\_\_\_\_\_\_\_\_(  ̿  ̿  ̿  ̿°̿̿ ̿ ̿  ̿ ͜ʖ ̿ ̿ ̿ ̿ ̿ ̿°̿  ̿  ̿)_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/
i blame sipow

Offline Kyūbi

• °
  • Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2017, 09:47:32 AM »
What makes you believe your "Jokitive Nature" is a negative trait?

The reason I find it to be a negative trait, although it can be positive, is because sometimes it can reveal itself at the wrong time, like when a staff meeting is happening and I'm trying to be mature and serious. In my previous positions, it got me in a little bit of trouble with the owners. This trait can be a warning about me you may take into thought.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2017, 10:00:39 AM by Kyūbi »

Offline Psy

• Butt Administrator
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Master
  • I'm retarded.
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2017, 03:34:20 PM »
Please take a moment to answer the following questions.

I'd ask them to stop or they will receive either a kick or a ban. I don't tolerate racism.

What if I told you that a ban is to only be used as a last resort?

B: A group of players are offended by remarks that another player made, but you yourself do not find them to be offensive. How would you respond?
I would ask or tell the player to stop making the remarks he/she made and that it is very uncomfortable to the players.

What if they continued despite your warning?

F: A regular user threatens to ban another player if they do not comply with rules that do not exist. What will you do about it?
I'd tell the player that those rules do not exist and that said user is not a TF2SS Administrator.

What if that player continued making those threats?

H: How do you deal with a player who comments publicly that: you are an asshole, the server sucks ass, and continues to insult anyone who kills them with profanity & by screaming on the mic?
I'd issue a mute if it was through voice chat. If they continue their behavior through text chat, they receive a ban for disrespecting a staff member.

Same as my first question.

Good luck in the coming week!
AFK like JFK

Offline Kyūbi

• °
  • Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2017, 03:45:28 PM »
Please take a moment to answer the following questions.

What if I told you that a ban is to only be used as a last resort?

What if they continued despite your warning?

What if that player continued making those threats?

Same as my first question.

Good luck in the coming week!

A: Then a mute would have to be issued.
B: *Same as first answer.*
F: If it continues, I would most likely ban the user for admin impersonation.
H: *Same as first answer.*

Glad I could answer your questions in the best way I could, and I hope that the 3rd time goes better than the other two.

Offline Psy

• Butt Administrator
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Master
  • I'm retarded.
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2017, 05:13:17 PM »
Thank you for answering my questions.

Again, good luck!
AFK like JFK

Offline ウイス

• Woah, I never knew my eyes were flashlights!
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Visitor
  • The stratagem deepens.
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2017, 10:45:46 PM »
You say that you get off at 3:00 CST, and thursdays 5:00 CST.. BUT you say also that you're mostly online on non-school days and weekends. Does this mean you can play after the given times during a school week, but won't play very much at all? I need a bit of clarification.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2017, 10:47:33 PM by Neko-chan »
I like pigeons

Offline Kyūbi

• °
  • Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2017, 05:34:33 AM »
You say that you get off at 3:00 CST, and thursdays 5:00 CST.. BUT you say also that you're mostly online on non-school days and weekends. Does this mean you can play after the given times during a school week, but won't play very much at all? I need a bit of clarification.

It all depends on what I have to do on school and non-school days. Sometimes, I have important assignments or projects that need to be finished before I do anything else, as I make academics a top priority. Plus sometimes on weekends and non-school days I'm asked by my father to help him with things such as carrying heavy loads and asking me to make runs to the store.

Even though these things tend to happen and can affect what time I get online, I try to get on as much as I can. Feel free to ask more questions if you are still needing more clarification.

Offline Psy

• Butt Administrator
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Master
  • I'm retarded.
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2017, 08:03:01 AM »
When is your birthday?
AFK like JFK

Offline Ἀΐδης

• Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Master
  • What is it you truly seek to obtain?
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2017, 10:20:23 AM »
Thank you for taking an interest in applying at TF2SwapShop server administration, however due to discrepancies found within your application regarding your age, your application is hereby denied.

Age1 image shows the age that you put in for an external community being June 29, 1998. Profile in question

Age2 image shows that age that you said you were in response to an administrator asking you what it was on one of your applications for this community. Link to post

Third your age when you made an application on an external community claiming you are the age of 15, date of the post: Jun 29, 2015, also worth noting that it is the same day and month as your "birthday" on your profile for them as well.. Link

Application denied
You may not reapply

Hades