• April 19, 2024, 05:15:51 PM

Author Topic: Aubble - Game Server Admin Application  (Read 5705 times)

Offline Aubble | Flux.tf

• Forum Visitor
  • The world could always use more heroes.
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Aubble - Game Server Admin Application
« on: February 13, 2017, 09:39:02 PM »
1. Which position do you wish to apply for?
Game Server Admin

2. Have you ever previously applied for a position in SwapShop?
No

3. List any current staff members you know or have any personal relations with.
Virus Alpha is the only admin I recall seeing on the tf2swapshop server that I play the most on.

4. Do you have a microphone that you are willing to use?
Yes

5. Age:
16. Please note that yes, I have a high-ish voice, but I am in fact 16.

6. What Time Zone do you live in?
Pacific Standard Time

7. List and describe any previous supervisory, administrative or management experience,­ in or out of the game:
None as of yet except for being a moderator on a minecraft server, but that probably doesn't compare to a Team Fortress 2 server. I would like this possible administrative experience to be a helpful 'starting point' for moderating game servers.

8. What are your goals in this community - or, why do you want to hold this position?
I wish to hold this position because I enjoy traveling across the different swapshop servers, and often times there are many nuisances causing many unhappy players. I would like to help keep this gaming community alive, happy, and caring.

9. How much time will you be able to spend:
A. On the servers?
At least 7 hours per week, depending on the circumstances. On days when school is being hard on me, I may have less hours, and on easier days and especially during the summer and holiday breaks, I will often have more hours.

B. On the forums?
On the forums I really haven't done much, I've never really been a 'forums kind of guy'. I would be happy to join the forums and help out, and if necessary, I would be able to fit maybe 3-1/2 hours of forum time per week, again, depending on the circumstances.

10. How long have you been playing on our group of servers?
I'm not entirely sure, but I joined first probably around September 2016, at most October 2016, up to now February 2017, so around 4-5 months.

11. Do you speak any languages other than English?
I know a rare amount of spanish, but honestly I only really speak english. Perfectly fluent, 100%.

12. Link your SteamRep and other sources that show your reputation here:
(In my opinion, one should never trust links to steamrep profiles, they can often be fake, but here you go anyways)

https://steamrep.com/search?q=76561198097324300

13. If you have alternate accounts, list any alternate accounts that you own:
I used to have one but I lost the password and the email account was deleted, so I don't have any.

14. Describe a time when you lost control of your emotions and how you were able to cope with the situation (P.S: This can be about anything; it doesn't have to be from in-game.):
People often make fun of me at school, often addressing me as "Gay faggot" because apparently I seem gay. One time I was on the nerve of slapping someone silly, but I coped with the ordeal with humor, and making fun of myself, pretending to agree with the bully. I went to the bathroom, got a drink of water, and calmed myself down.

15. What do you consider in your personality to be strengths? What do you consider in your personality to be weaknesses?
In my opinion, I feel the one of my personality traits, whether it be a weakness or a strength, is my generosity. I feel that I'm fairly generous, and I often find myself giving friends food that I bought, or giving people in-game credits or items, or simply holding up to risky deals (long story). Another trait of mine is probably the way I handle guilt. If I do something bad and guilty, I can feel terrible for ages. Once when I was 7, I dialed 911 on a payphone (not knowing that it would work) and I felt guilty for at least 2 years. Seems petty, but when I'm nervous and guilty, I become a shakey wreck. This is probably a reason for my generosity.

16. Assess these attributes from 1 to 10 based on how you see yourself:
  • Logical: 8
  • Patient: 6
  • Reactive: 5
  • Creative: 8
  • Polite: 9
  • Reasonable: 8
  • Objective: 7
  • Perceptive: 7
  • Compassionate: 6
  • Troubleshooter: 6
  • Honest: 10

17. After you become an admin, how would you react to these situations below:
A: How would you deal with a person who was making racist comments?
I would tell him to stop, and if he didn't stop, I would mute him. I would apologize to whomever he was talking rudely to, and tell them that nothing mean they say is true.

B: A group of players are offended by remarks that another player made, but you yourself do not find them to be offensive. How would you respond?
I take a walk in their shoes, and I would empathetically set aside my own opinions and I would kindly ask for the remark-making person to stop being rude, and if he stopped, I would mute him.

C: How would you deal with players who micspam?
I will ask them to stop, and if they continue to do so I would mute them.

D: Another TF2SS admin is exploiting their powers in game; what will you do about it?
I am not entirely aware of the abilities of admins on other admins, but if possible, I would try to warn and/or kick them. If or even if not this is possible, I would /report them ingame, and I would also go onto the forums and report him there as well, and do my best to notify another admin.

E: What would you do when answering a report that [username] is speed hacking on one of our servers?
I would go to the server the accused hacker is on, then spectate him. If the speedhacking is obvious, I would ban them. If the speed hacking was fake and/or via RTD (roll the dice) effects, I would ask whoever reported him to please cope with their frustration.

F: A regular user threatens to ban another player if they do not comply with rules that do not exist. What will you do about it?
I tell the 'regular user' that the rules don't exist, and tells them that they couldn't ban said 'another player' even if the rules were real, because they aren't an admin, but if they want to, they could use /report, and an admin such as myself would look towards the situation.

G: A group of enemy players dominate you, ignoring everyone else and changing teams if you join the team they are on, killing only you over and over again. What will you do about it?
I would ignore them, but if they become too much of a nuisance, I would probably move to a different server. If I really needed to I'd ask them to stop, but I would do my best not to lash out.

H: How do you deal with a player who comments publicly that: you are an asshole, the server sucks ass, and continues to insult anyone who kills them with profanity & by screaming on the mic?
Although responding with punishment may seem like abuse, in all honesty, they are breaking several rules of communication. Screaming on the microphone would cause for a mute, and any other bypasses would end up with a kick and if necessary a ban, but unlikely. However, I would do my best to notify people that I'm not punishing this player because they're just being rude and mean, but because they are in fact breaking the rules-- or "guidlines" of the server.

I: A regular player on our server says that they will offer free godmode for anyone who trades a hat to them. What will you do about it?
I would tell the player that they wouldn't have the power of godmode to give, and I would warn them before muting (if they continue to phish) and if necessary, I would kick and/or ban them. I would tell the other members online that they should not trust him, and not to trade anything away for free unless you really trust someone, which in this case you probably shouldn't.

J: A player who bought the Headless Horsemann perk from the shop complains after another player slays him/her. What do you tell the slayed Headless Horsemann player?
Well, at the moment, the slay item in the shop is bugged, but, if someone was complaining, if they were being annoying towards others (for example, micspam, screaming in mic, or harrassment), I would warn them then mute them, and personally, I'm not sure if this would or would not fall under the categorial guidline saying "Do not grief our servers' players intentionally", but I would ask the person who slayed the HH Perk to maybe be nicer, because people save up credits to buy those perks.

K: How do you define Admin abuse?
Using powers to an extent to punish those who are annoying but not breaking rules, using powers to troll unwanting players, general mistreatment of players and overuse of annoying commands and perks, punishing someone for "hacking" when they're just good, etc.

People who abuse their powers shouldn't deserve them in the first place.

After filling out this application, what are your feelings toward becoming a Server Admin on our servers?
I feel that I now have a better understanding for situations that might occur on these servers and how to handle them after giving them thought. You can be sure that I will definitely be online more often if I do become an admin, not as a promise, but as an expectancy. I hope to be accepted into your wonderful community, and for me to be known as a kind and chill person, but not an overly strict one.
-Loud annoying teenager

Offline Ἀΐδης

• Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Master
  • What is it you truly seek to obtain?
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Re: Aubble - Game Server Admin Application
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2017, 11:37:44 PM »
13. If you have alternate accounts, list any alternate accounts that you own:
I used to have one but I lost the password and the email account was deleted, so I don't have any.

Can you please provide a link the the profile for that account.

Thanks,
Hades

Offline Aubble | Flux.tf

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2017, 12:10:59 AM »
I don't exactly know the link. The account was my original one where the login name was the same as my display name, but I never actually used the account because shortly after it was created I lost the password and the email account was deleted. It's confusing, but all in all I never really used the account for anything.
-Loud annoying teenager

Offline theSipow

• Cum Administrator
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Hero
  • Jai Geru Deva Om
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2017, 12:06:49 PM »
7. List and describe any previous supervisory, administrative or management experience,­ in or out of the game:
None as of yet except for being a moderator on a minecraft server, but that probably doesn't compare to a Team Fortress 2 server. I would like this possible administrative experience to be a helpful 'starting point' for moderating game servers.

Are you still a moderator on said server, and if not, what was the reason for demotion?
What community is it?
« Last Edit: February 14, 2017, 12:09:09 PM by Sipow »
\_\_\_\_\_\_\_\_(  ̿  ̿  ̿  ̿°̿̿ ̿ ̿  ̿ ͜ʖ ̿ ̿ ̿ ̿ ̿ ̿°̿  ̿  ̿)_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/
i blame sipow

Offline Aubble | Flux.tf

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2017, 03:56:59 PM »
The reason that I am no longer a moderator on the server is because the server shut down, around two and a half years ago. The server name was something like "AquaRoads Gaming" or something that had the word "aqua" in it. It was a minecraft server.
-Loud annoying teenager

Offline theSipow

• Cum Administrator
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Hero
  • Jai Geru Deva Om
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2017, 04:02:47 PM »
The reason that I am no longer a moderator on the server is because the server shut down, around two and a half years ago. The server name was something like "AquaRoads Gaming" or something that had the word "aqua" in it. It was a minecraft server.

Ah I see, thank you for responding.
i blame sipow

Offline Psy

• Butt Administrator
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Master
  • I'm retarded.
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2017, 10:22:50 PM »
Please take a moment to clear something up for me.

B: A group of players are offended by remarks that another player made, but you yourself do not find them to be offensive. How would you respond?
I take a walk in their shoes, and I would empathetically set aside my own opinions and I would kindly ask for the remark-making person to stop being rude, and if he stopped, I would mute him.

Let me get this straight. You would mute him IF he stopped? I'm confused...

K: How do you define Admin abuse?
Using powers to an extent to punish those who are annoying but not breaking rules, using powers to troll unwanting players, general mistreatment of players and overuse of annoying commands and perks, punishing someone for "hacking" when they're just good, etc.

People who abuse their powers shouldn't deserve them in the first place.

Well said.

Good luck in the coming week!
AFK like JFK

Offline Aubble | Flux.tf

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2017, 01:20:18 AM »
Sorry, I must've had a little brain fart there, what I meant to say was that if the person continued being rude and offensive towards others (after a warning) I would mute them. My bad.
-Loud annoying teenager

Offline Psy

• Butt Administrator
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Master
  • I'm retarded.
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2017, 02:59:37 PM »
Thank you for clearing that up.
AFK like JFK

Offline Aubble | Flux.tf

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2017, 08:07:27 AM »
Just for your information, my computer that I play games on is currently in repair now, something keeps causing the computer to crash. I'll get it back 'within the next month' according to the computer guy. For now, I will respond to these questions via my school laptop or phone. Also, this coming weekend I may not be able to respond to questions, because me and the rest of my family will be on a skiing trip. Sorry for the inconvenience, but I'll do my best to ensure your questions are answered.
-Loud annoying teenager

Offline Psy

• Butt Administrator
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Master
  • I'm retarded.
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2017, 12:51:59 PM »
Thank you for letting us know.
AFK like JFK

Offline theSipow

• Cum Administrator
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Hero
  • Jai Geru Deva Om
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2017, 04:39:54 AM »
Thank you for applying for TF2SwapShop administration, however we regret to inform you that we feel that you do not satisfy our standards for server administrators at the moment.

You may re-apply again after 1 month has passed.

Application denied.
i blame sipow