• April 28, 2024, 02:51:01 AM

Author Topic: Keyboard Warrior - Game Server Admin Application  (Read 5320 times)

Offline Not pawky

• Server Administrator
  • Forum Visitor
  • insane cat guy
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Keyboard Warrior - Game Server Admin Application
« on: March 11, 2017, 10:35:07 PM »
1. Which position do you wish to apply for?
Game Server Admin

2. Have you ever previously applied for a position in SwapShop?
Yes

3. List any current staff members you know or have any personal relations with.
I know Senpai-Ultimaweeb and Virus alpha, as I see them frequently in the servers I play in.

4. Do you have a microphone that you are willing to use?
Yes

5. Age:

6. What Time Zone do you live in?
Pacific Standard Time (P.S.T.)

7. List and describe any previous supervisory, administrative or management experience,­ in or out of the game:
I've witnessed some people get banned due to aimbotting or limited due to microphone spamming and other actions that are annoying to the majority of the players.  Allot of times I have seen admins warn people about spamming in the chats and/or using poor microphones and on rare occasions I have seen admins moderate gambles and trades

8. What are your goals in this community - or, why do you want to hold this position?
My goal is to help make the community and game servers as enjoyable and fun as possible for everyone.  I aim to contribute to tf2ss servers and moderate them with efficiency

9. How much time will you be able to spend:
A. On the servers?
I will be able to spend allot of time on the servers, as tf2ss servers are the only ones I play on.  I play on crit servers when there's enough players but most of the time I will stick around trade/idle servers.  I'd say roughly 7+ hours on weekdays and usually 15 on weekends.  My play time on swapshop servers usually stays at or above that range but usually doesn't fall below

B. On the forums?
I can check forums every once in a while during the day.  I will mostly be active on weekends

10. How long have you been playing on our group of servers?
I'd say roughly over a year now.  I rarely go do competitive matches and stick with tf2ss servers.

11. Do you speak any languages other than English?
No.

12. Link your SteamRep and other sources that show your reputation here:
https://steamrep.com/search?q=parkycat

13. If you have alternate accounts, list any alternate accounts that you own:

14. Describe a time when you lost control of your emotions and how you were able to cope with the situation (P.S: This can be about anything; it doesn't have to be from in-game.):
One time I lost control of my emotions when a internet friend was having a bad day and said a few things that made me feel bad and feel like it was my fault.  I was able to cope with this by taking a break from Instant messaging and talking with a few of my real life friends.

15. What do you consider in your personality to be strengths? What do you consider in your personality to be weaknesses?
I consider my humorous personality and my ability to talk to people and make friends quickly is a strength.  A weakness might be that I sometimes take things too seriously or tend to overthink on situations and blame myself.

16. Assess these attributes from 1 to 10 based on how you see yourself:
  • Logical: 8
  • Patient: 6
  • Reactive: 6
  • Creative: 10
  • Polite: 7
  • Reasonable: 8
  • Objective: 7
  • Perceptive: 8
  • Compassionate: 7
  • Troubleshooter: 10
  • Honest: 8

17. After you become an admin, how would you react to these situations below:
A: How would you deal with a person who was making racist comments?
I would ask them to stop and then mute/gag them if they persisted.

B: A group of players are offended by remarks that another player made, but you yourself do not find them to be offensive. How would you respond?
I would ask them to stop and to not make such remarks as it's offensive to some people.

C: How would you deal with players who micspam?
I would warn the user once and then mute/gag them for a period of time if it continues.

D: Another TF2SS admin is exploiting their powers in game; what will you do about it?
I wouldn't say anything to them and I would contact a manager or owner regarding the situation with a screen capture if possible.

E: What would you do when answering a report that [username] is speed hacking on one of our servers?
I would join the server and bring together enough evidence to confirm the person is speedhacking, possibly by spectating the player.  If there was enough evidence  I I'd permanently ban them

F: A regular user threatens to ban another player if they do not comply with rules that do not exist. What will you do about it?
I would remind the user that that is not part of the rules and tell them to stop impersonating an admin.

G: A group of enemy players dominate you, ignoring everyone else and changing teams if you join the team they are on, killing only you over and over again. What will you do about it?
I would keep playing the game normally.  I could purchase something from the shop with my credits to assist me.

H: How do you deal with a player who comments publicly that: you are an asshole, the server sucks ass, and continues to insult anyone who kills them with profanity & by screaming on the mic?
I would try to resolve the conflict and attempting to calm the person down and try to cool down the situation. If they continue, I would mute/gag them for a period of time.

I: A regular player on our server says that they will offer free godmode for anyone who trades a hat to them. What will you do about it?
I would tell the person not to offer things that cannot be offered.

J: A player who bought the Headless Horsemann perk from the shop complains after another player slays him/her. What do you tell the slayed Headless Horsemann player?
I would tell them it was a good try and keep playing the game normally.

K: How do you define Admin abuse?
I define admin abuse as a person using their elevated privileges to gain or give advantages over other players.

After filling out this application, what are your feelings toward becoming a Server Admin on our servers?
  I feel confident that I can efficiently take on a job as a server admin and that I have witnessed enough administrative action to be one
« Last Edit: March 13, 2017, 12:49:45 AM by Keyboard Warrior »

Offline theSipow

• Cum Administrator
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Hero
  • Jai Geru Deva Om
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Re: Keyboard Warrior - Game Server Admin Application
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2017, 11:19:58 PM »
It seems your answers are almost identical to your previous application, I'd suggest fixing this immediately.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2017, 11:21:56 PM by Sidepow »
\_\_\_\_\_\_\_\_(  ̿  ̿  ̿  ̿°̿̿ ̿ ̿  ̿ ͜ʖ ̿ ̿ ̿ ̿ ̿ ̿°̿  ̿  ̿)_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/
i blame sipow

Offline Not pawky

• Server Administrator
  • Forum Visitor
  • insane cat guy
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2017, 11:37:17 PM »
My apologies, I've change some things.  Thank you for the heads up.

Offline Lunarium

• High Tier Trader
  • Staff Trainer
  • Forum Master
  • Your Deadly skill is jogging? Mine is Murdering.
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2017, 01:53:27 AM »
3. List any current staff members you know or have any personal relations with.
Left this blank.

Current staff member on your friends list:
http://steamcommunity.com/id/johnathanter/

You may not have personal relations with them, but they're someone you do know.

Offline Not pawky

• Server Administrator
  • Forum Visitor
  • insane cat guy
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2017, 10:11:35 AM »
Correct, I was considering putting him there but I didn't because I didn't know him too well .  But I do remember a couple of admins.  I've seen two quite frequently including Senpai and Virus Alpha.  Those two I remember easily because of how often I see them.  There may be a few others that I have met but I haven't seen them enough to remember names.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2017, 06:43:21 PM by Keyboard Warrior »

Offline theSipow

• Cum Administrator
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Hero
  • Jai Geru Deva Om
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2017, 10:27:20 PM »
I: A regular player on our server says that they will offer free godmode for anyone who trades a hat to them. What will you do about it?
I would tell the person not to offer things that cannot be offered.

What would you do if the offer was completed and somebody did get scammed?
\_\_\_\_\_\_\_\_(  ̿  ̿  ̿  ̿°̿̿ ̿ ̿  ̿ ͜ʖ ̿ ̿ ̿ ̿ ̿ ̿°̿  ̿  ̿)_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/
i blame sipow

Offline Not pawky

• Server Administrator
  • Forum Visitor
  • insane cat guy
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2017, 12:25:05 AM »
What would you do if the offer was completed and somebody did get scammed?

From my knowledge of trading I would suggest that the scammed user file a trade scam report to steam.  I do not believe there is a way to block users from trading on swapshop servers, so maybe a gag and mute would be in order to prevent the person from making such claims that are not possible
« Last Edit: March 13, 2017, 12:51:11 AM by Keyboard Warrior »

Offline Psy

• Butt Administrator
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Master
  • I'm retarded.
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2017, 10:09:02 AM »
I have a couple of questions for you.

B: A group of players are offended by remarks that another player made, but you yourself do not find them to be offensive. How would you respond?
I would ask them to stop and to not make such remarks as it's offensive to some people.

What would you do if that player continued saying offensive remarks despite your warning?

F: A regular user threatens to ban another player if they do not comply with rules that do not exist. What will you do about it?
I would remind the user that that is not part of the rules and tell them to stop impersonating an admin.

What would you do if that user continued to make up non-existent rules or impersonate an administrator despite your warning?

Good luck in the coming week!
AFK like JFK

Offline Not pawky

• Server Administrator
  • Forum Visitor
  • insane cat guy
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2017, 11:24:20 AM »
I have a couple of questions for you
What would you do if that player continued saying offensive remarks despite your warning?

I would mute and/or gag the player for a certain period of time

What would you do if that user continued to make up non-existent rules or impersonate an administrator despite your warning?

This seems to be a more serious offense.  I would likely kick them from the server and if they persisted with this behavior I would temporarily or permanently ban them

Good luck in the coming week!

Thank you.

Offline Psy

• Butt Administrator
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Master
  • I'm retarded.
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2017, 03:03:41 AM »
Thank you for applying for TF2SwapShop administration, however we regret to inform you that we feel that you do not satisfy our standards for server administrators at the moment.

You may re-apply again after 3 months have passed.

Application denied.
AFK like JFK