• April 27, 2024, 04:10:40 PM

Author Topic: MEGACRASH - Game Server Admin Application  (Read 5319 times)

Offline MEGACRASH

• Forum Visitor
  • "When you lie to a man you steal the truth"
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
MEGACRASH - Game Server Admin Application
« on: March 12, 2017, 09:30:51 PM »
1. Which position do you wish to apply for?
Game Server Admin

2. Have you ever previously applied for a position in SwapShop?
No

3. List any current staff members you know or have any personal relations with.
Penny Fitzgerald, and Renoraider are the two admins I have relations and the admins I know are strum, biscuit , senpai, and virus alpha

4. Do you have a microphone that you are willing to use?
Yes

5. Age:

6. What Time Zone do you live in?
Pacific time

7. List and describe any previous supervisory, administrative or management experience,­ in or out of the game:
I am currently admin on 3 discord servers and mod on 2 other discord servers, I also was an admin on a tf2 server know as ''Fragging Adventure''. fraggingadventure.freeforums.net/

8. What are your goals in this community - or, why do you want to hold this position?
I would like to hold this position because I am a regular and I want to make sure the servers are friendly and that there are zero hackers playing on the servers.

9. How much time will you be able to spend:
A. On the servers?
I can be on the servers mostly everyday for at max 4-5 hours.

B. On the forums?
The same goes for the forums I can be on everyday for the time I am required to.

10. How long have you been playing on our group of servers?
I have been playing on these servers since its starting days when it was less popular and I believe it was the time when bloodrain was an admin but I do not know if he still is an
Admin.

11. Do you speak any languages other than English?
I do speak Spanish but I prefer to keep the language at English.

12. Link your SteamRep and other sources that show your reputation here:
http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198201531358

13. If you have alternate accounts, list any alternate accounts that you own:

14. Describe a time when you lost control of your emotions and how you were able to cope with the situation (P.S: This can be about anything; it doesn't have to be from in-game.):
A time when I  lost control with my emotions is when I was being pushed around in school and let up to me beating up the person annoying me but I knew this was a problem so I'm more calm now with my emotions.

15. What do you consider in your personality to be strengths? What do you consider in your personality to be weaknesses?
I consider my personality strengths are friendly and humorous (to most people) and I would say my personality weaknesses would be only anger.

16. Assess these attributes from 1 to 10 based on how you see yourself:
  • Logical: 8
  • Patient: 9
  • Reactive: 6
  • Creative: 7
  • Polite: 10
  • Reasonable: 8
  • Objective: 8
  • Perceptive: 7
  • Compassionate: 7
  • Troubleshooter: 4
  • Honest: 8

17. After you become an admin, how would you react to these situations below:
A: How would you deal with a person who was making racist comments?
I would first give a warning to the person commiting the racist comments, but if the person continues to make racist comments I would put a kick on the person and the person is allowed to join back in 30 minutes

B: A group of players are offended by remarks that another player made, but you yourself do not find them to be offensive. How would you respond?
Well If the person finds the remarks offending then I would tell the person politely if he can stop making the remarks that seem offensive to that person or to tone it down.

C: How would you deal with players who micspam?
I would first start with a 3 chance warning and if the player continues then I will server mute that person and lead up to a gag if the person continues his spamming in chat.

D: Another TF2SS admin is exploiting their powers in game; what will you do about it?
Well if it doesn't seem as a bother to anyone I would let the admin continue his actions but if it seems like the admins actions are getting in the way of the server I would call an admin of higher rank to see to the problem

E: What would you do when answering a report that [username] is speed hacking on one of our servers?
I would first go on spectator to see if the report on the suspect is true by watching the suspect as he plays and if I see anything out of the ordinary I would ban but if the person is not hacking no action would be placed on the suspect for that person is not hacking.

F: A regular user threatens to ban another player if they do not comply with rules that do not exist. What will you do about it?
I would tell that person that the decision is on me to ban a player and to tell him to stop with the fake rules and the fake ban or ill will be forced to perform a real ban on that person that is doing these false statements.

G: A group of enemy players dominate you, ignoring everyone else and changing teams if you join the team they are on, killing only you over and over again. What will you do about it?
There Is nothing I can do about the situation if they wish to hunt me so be it, they are not breaking any rules so they do not imply on any consequences, so the least I would do is mostly just stay in spawn till they decide to hunt someone else or merely take the challenge and against these people.

H: How do you deal with a player who comments publicly that: you are an asshole, the server sucks ass, and continues to insult anyone who kills them with profanity & by screaming on the mic?
I would give that person a warning to stop his mic spamming/ inappropriate comments to other people but if that person does not comply I will gag the person.

I: A regular player on our server says that they will offer free godmode for anyone who trades a hat to them. What will you do about it?
I will tell that player if he try's to scam people with ''free godmode'' I will ban him from the server. I will also alert the server that his offer is a scam.

J: A player who bought the Headless Horsemann perk from the shop complains after another player slays him/her. What do you tell the slayed Headless Horsemann player?
Well I would tell the slayed HHH that's its fair game since the other player did pay for the credits to slay you.

K: How do you define Admin abuse?
The admin is continuously slay players, No-clipping around shooting players and exc.

After filling out this application, what are your feelings toward becoming a Server Admin on our servers?
I feel it can be a great opportunity to work with people that have the same objective to run a fun and friendly server.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2017, 10:26:07 PM by [FA] MEGACRASH »

Offline Lunarium

• High Tier Trader
  • Staff Trainer
  • Forum Master
  • Your Deadly skill is jogging? Mine is Murdering.
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Re: MEGACRASH - Game Server Admin Application
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2017, 10:18:20 PM »
7. List and describe any previous supervisory, administrative or management experience,­ in or out of the game:
I am currently admin on 3 discord servers and mod on 2 other discord servers, I also was an admin on a tf2 server know as ''Fragging Adventure''.

Is There a link to the website available for "Fragging Adventure"?

D: Another TF2SS admin is exploiting their powers in game; what will you do about it?
Well if it doesn't seem as a bother to anyone I would let the admin continue his actions but if it seems like the admins actions are getting in the way of the server I would call an admin of higher rank to see to the problem

Just to clarify, exploitation of Administrative commands are okay if the people on the server are enjoying it?

Please take your time with responding to my questions!

Thank you for your time  :)

Offline MEGACRASH

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2017, 10:31:52 PM »
Yes I have added the Fragging adventure  website link in the application and here fraggingadventure.freeforums.net/ if you would like to see.

To clarify, yes I'd suppose it be okay for the exploration of Administrative commands if the people are enjoying it/ doesn't bother anyone.

Offline theSipow

• Cum Administrator
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Hero
  • Jai Geru Deva Om
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2017, 10:34:47 PM »
Would you mind explaining how/why you are no longer an admin for said website?
\_\_\_\_\_\_\_\_(  ̿  ̿  ̿  ̿°̿̿ ̿ ̿  ̿ ͜ʖ ̿ ̿ ̿ ̿ ̿ ̿°̿  ̿  ̿)_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/
i blame sipow

Offline MEGACRASH

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2017, 11:11:18 PM »
Well a conflict happened between me and the owner and a friend of mine was the co-owner so I wanted to stay as an admin so I wanted to stay professional and just do my job but it seem the owner was not gonna stay professional for example random slay/kicks he would do on me so I decided to leave, which was understandable for the other admins and the co-owner

Offline theSipow

• Cum Administrator
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Hero
  • Jai Geru Deva Om
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2017, 07:24:30 AM »
Well according to said website, you're still a forum moderator. Would you care to explain?
i blame sipow

Offline MEGACRASH

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2017, 07:44:07 AM »
My apologies I didn't know I was still a moderator on the website and I'm having that taken care of right now.

Offline Psy

• Butt Administrator
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Master
  • I'm retarded.
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2017, 10:01:52 AM »
Regarding this "Fragging Adventure" group, I found 2 steam groups related to it.

This one seems like the official group and lines more with the positions of most of their forum's members.

But, this one, however, was created earlier than that one.

Do you mind explaining this discrepancy?
AFK like JFK

Offline MEGACRASH

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2017, 11:27:10 AM »
Well it was just an arguments about the steam group the one steam group that was made earlier to the official group was the first steam group we made but we decided to restart and make another steam group  and abandoned the earlier made steam group

Offline Lunarium

• High Tier Trader
  • Staff Trainer
  • Forum Master
  • Your Deadly skill is jogging? Mine is Murdering.
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2017, 02:19:52 PM »
My apologies I didn't know I was still a moderator on the website and I'm having that taken care of right now.

It says you were active on the website 2 days ago. You're still listed as a forum mod now.

This means you've been on prior to being confronted about this.

Are you sure you didn't know you still were?

Offline MEGACRASH

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2017, 04:17:25 PM »
Well I did go on the website to help one of my friends turn in his application to be admin and the co-owner messaged me that he had removed me as a forum moderator so I should be stated as a moderator at this moment

Offline theSipow

• Cum Administrator
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Hero
  • Jai Geru Deva Om
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2017, 08:21:56 AM »
Thank you for applying for TF2SwapShop administration, however we regret to inform you that we feel that you do not satisfy our standards for server administrators at the moment.

You may re-apply again after 3 months have passed.

Application denied
i blame sipow