• April 28, 2024, 10:39:24 AM

Author Topic: snowy days - Game Server Admin Application  (Read 3653 times)

Offline snowy days

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
snowy days - Game Server Admin Application
« on: March 15, 2017, 08:53:30 PM »
1. Which position do you wish to apply for?
Game Server Admin

2. Have you ever previously applied for a position in SwapShop?
Yes

3. List any current staff members you know or have any personal relations with.
I have cleared my friends list, thought Penny was one of the admins I was friends with.

4. Do you have a microphone that you are willing to use?
Yes

5. Age:

6. What Time Zone do you live in?
EST USA

7. List and describe any previous supervisory, administrative or management experience,­ in or out of the game:
STB Private game server for TF2 (Was admin for 9 months before the server shutdown)

TF2SS I was a SwapShop Admin for some time about 9-10 months before I resigned for personal reasons. (This quite a while ago)

8. What are your goals in this community - or, why do you want to hold this position?
The reason I am submitting an application to become a server admin is because I watch a lot of time people who are breaking rules, from scamming, inappropriate sprays, aggressive micspam( or spam in general) Even other admins using the forcertd (when it was reinstalled for our servers)  I plan on recording any session that leads to a bad turn for evidence to back up claims if it ends up at that level.

9. How much time will you be able to spend:
A. On the servers?
About five days of the week 6-7 hours per session.  I am highly committed to seeing this community back on its feet with me in it.

B. On the forums?
I can do weekly checks for any appeals, polls, anything that is required.  (I must note my last time being admin I had problems with checking forums but I have situated myself on prioritizing what to do)

10. How long have you been playing on our group of servers?
Three years now and counting.  It's been a place I retreat to when other servers don't want me there. I enjoy TF2SS, though; some aspects could use more monitoring.

11. Do you speak any languages other than English?
I can speak Spanish on a rather medium level. (Not with googletranslate)

12. Link your SteamRep and other sources that show your reputation here:
https://steamrep.com/search?q=STEAM_0%3A1%3A43498652

STEAM_0:1:43498652 < my steam ID by the way.

13. If you have alternate accounts, list any alternate accounts that you own:
None.

14. Describe a time when you lost control of your emotions and how you were able to cope with the situation (P.S: This can be about anything; it doesn't have to be from in-game.):
I had found out my grandmother was diagnosed with bile duct cancer and it was incurable, but treatable. I didn't know how to handle my emotions so I had cried myself to sleep. (Rather not go into detail)

15. What do you consider in your personality to be strengths? What do you consider in your personality to be weaknesses?
Coping with people, understanding, calming people down, making sure no one feels bullied. Weaknesses, dealing with trash talkers, but I have never once abused power on trash talkers.

16. Assess these attributes from 1 to 10 based on how you see yourself:
  • Logical: 10
  • Patient: 9
  • Reactive: 8
  • Creative: 10
  • Polite: 7
  • Reasonable: 8
  • Objective: 6
  • Perceptive: 10
  • Compassionate: 10
  • Troubleshooter: 10
  • Honest: 10

17. After you become an admin, how would you react to these situations below:
A: How would you deal with a person who was making racist comments?
The first amendment protects anyone on their right to free speech; although, I'd politely remind them that playing on this server had them agree to terms and services of our rules, and "with racism we prefer that language be kept to the bathroom."( old saying)

B: A group of players are offended by remarks that another player made, but you yourself do not find them to be offensive. How would you respond?
I tell them if they wish to not hear the comments for them to use the personal mute option that is given to all players, I'd ask the other players to respect the targeted players though.  I feel this a simple and appropriate way to respond.

C: How would you deal with players who micspam?
If everyone is for the micspam than it shall play on. Though if it's micspam everyone is finding annoying (and is clearly for annoyance purposes) Warning, if they fail to cooperate, follow with a 30 minute mute.

D: Another TF2SS admin is exploiting their powers in game; what will you do about it?
Record the incident, and save the file, send the message privately to an admin of higher status and have them deal with the issue. Me trying to deal with it could be considered "biased" with how I'd approach it. I feel higher authority should deal with it.

E: What would you do when answering a report that [username] is speed hacking on one of our servers?
Join the server, spectate the character for a short amount of time and play around on the server watching them to see if the report was true or false. If it turns out the player was speed hacking. I'd have them permanently banned for hacking on servers against the use of exploitation of the game system.

F: A regular user threatens to ban another player if they do not comply with rules that do not exist. What will you do about it?
I will tell that regular user to refrain from impersonation of an admin and punish with a votekick to see if the people agree with the punishment.  As long as the impersonator isn't threatening with donating items to them I will result in a votekick/mute.  If the impersonator threatens with demanding items over it will result in a perm ban for no servers allow that.

G: A group of enemy players dominate you, ignoring everyone else and changing teams if you join the team they are on, killing only you over and over again. What will you do about it?
Call in my group of friends and retaliate.  I can leave.  I typically don't get mad at situations like that.

H: How do you deal with a player who comments publicly that: you are an asshole, the server sucks ass, and continues to insult anyone who kills them with profanity & by screaming on the mic?
Calling me an a-hole publicly I will not care for.  If they claim the server sucks ask them to leave and enjoy themselves doing something else. Instead of contradict themselves by sitting on a server that sucks yet is doing a great job at wasting their time.  People who yell profanity when being killed get targeted because everyone likes to see people rage. As long as it's not spam I will allow the players to do as they wish.  Screaming on the mic, I'd ask them to stop with a warning before putting a votemute (for again the same reason people like hearing others rage, typing and on the mic, though, if they find it annoying they may choose to mute them)

I: A regular player on our server says that they will offer free godmode for anyone who trades a hat to them. What will you do about it?
Ask who all bought the suppose "god mode" write the names down, warn them not to fall for this next time, and ban the player permanently for impersonation, and scamming.

J: A player who bought the Headless Horsemann perk from the shop complains after another player slays him/her. What do you tell the slayed Headless Horsemann player?
HHH isn't a smart thing to buy, most people will screw you over when you buy it.  Spend your credits more wisely.  Both players lost credits though, and all is fair in the shop.

K: How do you define Admin abuse?
Using the commands to give yourself a perk, or advantage over other players in combat. Using perks that are given ONLY to admins to enhance your combat experience.  Using the kick ban, or punishment commands to assault a player out of spite, or anger.

After filling out this application, what are your feelings toward becoming a Server Admin on our servers?
I'd like to come back into this community and experience it more. I feel like I can be an active member again. I'd really enjoy coming back here.

Offline Lunarium

• High Tier Trader
  • Staff Trainer
  • Forum Master
  • Your Deadly skill is jogging? Mine is Murdering.
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Re: snowy days - Game Server Admin Application
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2017, 09:12:49 PM »
Welcome back Ruru/Katie  :)

I do wish you the best of luck on the application  ;D

Offline Psy

• Butt Administrator
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Master
  • I'm retarded.
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Re: snowy days - Game Server Admin Application
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2017, 09:17:08 PM »
Unfortunately, we cannot let you back in. You were demoted for abuse and weren't exactly compliant and understanding about it. Plus, you weren't all that active for the past few months before your demotion.

Unless Death allows you back in...

Application denied.
AFK like JFK