• April 27, 2024, 09:21:38 PM

Author Topic: Twinge - Game Server Admin Application  (Read 4027 times)

Offline Twinge

• °
  • Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Twinge - Game Server Admin Application
« on: April 02, 2017, 02:30:14 PM »
1. Which position do you wish to apply for?
Game Server Admin

2. Have you ever previously applied for a position in SwapShop?
Yes

3. List any current staff members you know or have any personal relations with.
I've known Psykotik, Penny, Peachie and some others for over a year by now. Been associated with the community for quite some time.

4. Do you have a microphone that you are willing to use?
Yes

5. Age:
15,  I will be 16 on May 15th.

6. What Time Zone do you live in?
EST

7. List and describe any previous supervisory, administrative or management experience,­ in or out of the game:
I've been administrator on SwapShop previously, under the alias "Atomic". Some older administrators may know me from the past. I've also had some administration experience in L4D2 a while back for community servers that are no longer around.

8. What are your goals in this community - or, why do you want to hold this position?
My goal for this community is to keep it clean and inviting for players, whether it be by banning a hacker or ending an argument. Being an administrator previously, I am well indulged in this position, and I feel as if a comeback to the community will be an exhilarating experience.

9. How much time will you be able to spend:
A. On the servers?
I will be able to spend perhaps 3 hours on the sever each weekday, maybe more on the weekends. I'd say about 5 hours or more on the weekends.

B. On the forums?
I will be able to access the forums any time of day.

10. How long have you been playing on our group of servers?
I've been playing on the group of servers for around a year and a half to two years.

11. Do you speak any languages other than English?
I speak a little Spanish, but wouldn't consider it fluent.

12. Link your SteamRep and other sources that show your reputation here:
https://steamrep.com/profiles/76561197992439458

13. If you have alternate accounts, list any alternate accounts that you own:
http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197961994392/
http://steamcommunity.com/id/atom11c
http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198301115831
http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198028018755

14. Describe a time when you lost control of your emotions and how you were able to cope with the situation (P.S: This can be about anything; it doesn't have to be from in-game.):
I've lost control of my emotions when I found out that my ex girlfriend had been having sexual relations with another man. I totally broke down, and contemplated ending my life. I was currently stressed at the time because of school and not having much inspiration, and I had been arguing with my parents for a while at the time because of my grades and not having any interest. I was able to cope with the situation by getting my mind off the situation, but also concentrating more on school at the same time, improving some of my grades. I also decided to forget about the people who intentionally cause harm to me, because they're not worth my time.

15. What do you consider in your personality to be strengths? What do you consider in your personality to be weaknesses?
I consider myself to be passionate and understanding of others, as I have given advice to friends in the past about some important subjects. I'm also very open to judgement and criticism. I have a wide range of personalities, but I would say my weakest is anger. I usually just set my anger aside, to let out later in time. I have considered taking anger management to help deal with my emotions, and let them out at more favorable times.

16. Assess these attributes from 1 to 10 based on how you see yourself:
  • Logical: 7
  • Patient: 8
  • Reactive: 7
  • Creative: 8
  • Polite: 7
  • Reasonable: 7
  • Objective: 8
  • Perceptive: 7
  • Compassionate: 9
  • Troubleshooter: 8
  • Honest: 9

17. After you become an admin, how would you react to these situations below:
A: How would you deal with a person who was making racist comments?
If I noticed somebody using racial slurs, I would first give a warning to that individual. If the given person continues to make racist comments, I will give the individual a mute. If I notice them making racial slurs in the future, I will give that individual a kick, followed by a three day ban.

B: A group of players are offended by remarks that another player made, but you yourself do not find them to be offensive. How would you respond?
I would first ask for the offended person to explain their side of the story, then the person giving the offensive remarks. If the remarks end up to be bogus, I would tell the person being offended that it's nothing to be offended by, and kindly tell the person sending out the remarks to stop.

C: How would you deal with players who micspam?
If the players in the server are more open to the micspam, I would give the person a time limit on how long they can continue to micspam. If the server is acting harshly to the micspam, I would silence the micspammer.

D: Another TF2SS admin is exploiting their powers in game; what will you do about it?
If another TF2SS admin is exploiting their powers, I would instantly alert a head administrator about the abuse. I would make sure to record any evidence of the incident to bring the problem further.

E: What would you do when answering a report that [username] is speed hacking on one of our servers?
If there a report on speedhacking in the servers, I would join the server and check if the report is legit. If the player is indeed speedhacking, which I doubt since speedhacking is long patched, I would enforce a permanent ban. If the person is not speedhacking, I would alert everyone in the server by using csay.

F: A regular user threatens to ban another player if they do not comply with rules that do not exist. What will you do about it?
If a regular user is threatening to ban a user for rules that do not exist, I would ban that player for day. Admin impersonation is not allowed.

G: A group of enemy players dominate you, ignoring everyone else and changing teams if you join the team they are on, killing only you over and over again. What will you do about it?
If this happens, I would have to deal with it.

H: How do you deal with a player who comments publicly that: you are an asshole, the server sucks ass, and continues to insult anyone who kills them with profanity & by screaming on the mic?
People are entitled to their own opinion about the servers, but demeaning an admin and continuously spamming profanity and screaming on the mic is considered spam. I would tell the player to stop, and if they continue I will follow with a mute.

I: A regular player on our server says that they will offer free godmode for anyone who trades a hat to them. What will you do about it?
I would kick the player offering free godmode, since such thing is not possible being a regular, and the given player is attempting to scam. Then, I would give the victim advice on trading if needed.

J: A player who bought the Headless Horsemann perk from the shop complains after another player slays him/her. What do you tell the slayed Headless Horsemann player?
I would tell the slayed Headless Horsemann player that what occurred is fair. Everyone is entitled to use the shop for whatever they please.

K: How do you define Admin abuse?
I define admin abuse as an admin misusing commands to gain an advantage over regular players. Admin commands should be used to keep the server safe and fun for every user.

After filling out this application, what are your feelings toward becoming a Server Admin on our servers?
I believe that I can work well with the administrators in the server, and keep the community clean and friendly for all.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2017, 04:45:45 PM by Twinge »

Offline Psy

• Butt Administrator
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Master
  • I'm retarded.
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Re: Twinge - Game Server Admin Application
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2017, 03:02:39 PM »
Since you are a former staff member, I'll keep your application up despite you being 15.

Good job on the application by the way. Brings back good old memories.
AFK like JFK

Offline Narrator Alpha

• Virus Alpha
  • Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2017, 03:11:23 PM »
So I would like to ask, I took a look at your alts, 1 of them has a vac ban, another is private, I want to know why one has a vac ban and I'm a little suspicious about the private one

Offline Twinge

• °
  • Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2017, 03:16:50 PM »
One of them has a VAC from an already told story. I can make the other account public, I just have it as friends only. Not to hide anything.

Offline Ἀΐδης

• Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Master
  • What is it you truly seek to obtain?
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2017, 10:36:45 AM »
Thank you for your interest in applying for administration here at TF2SwapShop, unfortunately due to discrepancies being found within your application, it will have to be denied. Also due to this discrepancies, you may not apply for Administration again until otherwise deemed by Head Administration.

Application denied.

Thank you Hades