• March 29, 2024, 04:43:47 AM

Author Topic: sambosnake13 - Game Server Admin Application  (Read 2745 times)

Offline sambosnake13

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
sambosnake13 - Game Server Admin Application
« on: May 22, 2017, 03:05:47 AM »
1. Which position do you wish to apply for?
Game Server Admin

2. Have you ever previously applied for a position in SwapShop?
No

3. List any current staff members you know or have any personal relations with.
none

4. Do you have a microphone that you are willing to use?
Yes

5. Age:
11-12

6. What Time Zone do you live in?
AEST

7. List and describe any previous supervisory, administrative or management experience,­ in or out of the game:
None.

8. What are your goals in this community - or, why do you want to hold this position?
So I can be helpful to the people in need.

9. How much time will you be able to spend:
A. On the servers?
I'll try to get at least 1 hour of my day into it and about 4 to 8 hours on weekends.

B. On the forums?
I'll try to get at least 1 hour per day 4 - 8 per weekend.

10. How long have you been playing on our group of servers?
Around I'd say 2 - 5 weeks so far.

11. Do you speak any languages other than English?
I know a small bit of German but that's about it .

12. Link your SteamRep and other sources that show your reputation here:
sambosnake13

Joined Steam:  2013-05-25  
Steam Level:  6  
Friendship:  This is your profile  
Online Status:  Online  

Profile Privacy:  Public  
Trade Ban:  None  
VAC Ban:  None  
Community Ban:  None

Steam Reputation (http://steamrep.com/search?q=sambosnake13)

13. If you have alternate accounts, list any alternate accounts that you own:
None.

14. Describe a time when you lost control of your emotions and how you were able to cope with the situation (P.S: This can be about anything; it doesn't have to be from in-game.):
I was bullied in school and I went to get help and got the bully dealt with (he was put in detention for 2 weeks).

15. What do you consider in your personality to be strengths? What do you consider in your personality to be weaknesses?
I'm Not Sure.

16. Assess these attributes from 1 to 10 based on how you see yourself:
  • Logical: 5
  • Patient: 4
  • Reactive: 9
  • Creative: 7
  • Polite: 5
  • Reasonable: 6
  • Objective: 5
  • Perceptive: 7
  • Compassionate: 8
  • Troubleshooter: 6
  • Honest: 8

17. After you become an admin, how would you react to these situations below:
A: How would you deal with a person who was making racist comments?
Politely tell them to stop and try to deal with it best as I can.

B: A group of players are offended by remarks that another player made, but you yourself do not find them to be offensive. How would you respond?
Try to find what they found offensive and deal wit the situation by asking the poster to apologize to them.

C: How would you deal with players who micspam?
Mute Them and give a warning.

D: Another TF2SS admin is exploiting their powers in game; what will you do about it?
Report them and tell Death™

E: What would you do when answering a report that [username] is speed hacking on one of our servers?
go on to the server and ban them for malicious hacks

F: A regular user threatens to ban another player if they do not comply with rules that do not exist. What will you do about it?
Tell them they can't just make up rules and tell them to stop and if they do not comply I will ban them or get someone to

G: A group of enemy players dominate you, ignoring everyone else and changing teams if you join the team they are on, killing only you over and over again. What will you do about it?
Ask them politely to stop and if they don't I just ignore them

H: How do you deal with a player who comments publicly that: you are an asshole, the server sucks ass, and continues to insult anyone who kills them with profanity & by screaming on the mic?
ban them for disrespecting the server, disrespect to other players, and micspam.

I: A regular player on our server says that they will offer free godmode for anyone who trades a hat to them. What will you do about it?
Ban him for scamming and tell everyone that he is a scammer and not to trade with him.

J: A player who bought the Headless Horsemann perk from the shop complains after another player slays him/her. What do you tell the slayed Headless Horsemann player?
Tell them to calm down.

K: How do you define Admin abuse?
An admin using his or her abilities (God-Mode, no clip etc.) to their advantage against the other players

After filling out this application, what are your feelings toward becoming a Server Admin on our servers?
Hopeful, Happy, Excited

Offline Ἀΐδης

• Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Master
  • What is it you truly seek to obtain?
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Re: sambosnake13 - Game Server Admin Application
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2017, 03:39:11 AM »
Hello,

We thank you for taking an interest in applying for the position of Server Administration, however as per our guidelines, you must be at minimum 16 years or older to apply. For a more complete list of our Application Guidelines please see here.

Thank you,

Hades