• April 26, 2024, 02:45:49 AM

Author Topic: Queen Lewna :3 - Game Server Admin Application  (Read 4584 times)

Offline Lewna :3

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Queen Lewna :3 - Game Server Admin Application
« on: July 19, 2017, 02:05:44 PM »
1. Which position do you wish to apply for?
Game Server Admin

2. Have you ever previously applied for a position in SwapShop?
No

3. List any current staff members you know or have any personal relations with.
Zabiron and ϟ ☠Lunarium☠

4. Do you have a microphone that you are willing to use?
No

5. Age:

6. What Time Zone do you live in?
BST

7. List and describe any previous supervisory, administrative or management experience,­ in or out of the game:
I have never had any admin experience in TF2, however, I was a senior librarian in secondary school, I lead a group of younger librarians and taught them how to work around.

8. What are your goals in this community - or, why do you want to hold this position?
My goals are to keep the people who play on swapshop happy, and people like hackers and abusers off the server. I wish to hold this position as swapshop is one of the only servers I play on these days and wish to contribute more than simply donating items.

9. How much time will you be able to spend:
A. On the servers?
I will be able to spend at least 2 hours a day at minimum on any swapshop server and administrate as such.

B. On the forums?
I will be able to spend as much time on the forums as needed, I can quickly browse through the forums to look for any complaints or problems

10. How long have you been playing on our group of servers?
I have played for roughly 6-8 months if not longer on the swapshop servers

11. Do you speak any languages other than English?
I am not fluent in any other languages, but I do vaguely know French, Spanish and German.

12. Link your SteamRep and other sources that show your reputation here:
https://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198089785665

13. If you have alternate accounts, list any alternate accounts that you own:
I do not own any alternate accounts.

14. Describe a time when you lost control of your emotions and how you were able to cope with the situation (P.S: This can be about anything; it doesn't have to be from in-game.):
Going back to secondary school, I was bullied quite often, when I did lose control, I quickly reeled myself in and either told a member of staff or walked away as to not encourage.

15. What do you consider in your personality to be strengths? What do you consider in your personality to be weaknesses?
I consider my kindness and approachability to be my main strengths, I can tend to defuse situations without escalating them. My weaknesses would have to be my tendency to get overexcited at times and get carried away. However over time I have learned to control this.

16. Assess these attributes from 1 to 10 based on how you see yourself:
  • Logical: 7
  • Patient: 5
  • Reactive: 10
  • Creative: 4
  • Polite: 9
  • Reasonable: 7
  • Objective: 4
  • Perceptive: 7
  • Compassionate: 10
  • Troubleshooter: 7
  • Honest: 9

17. After you become an admin, how would you react to these situations below:
A: How would you deal with a person who was making racist comments?
I would give them a warning and if they continued I would gag or text mute them appropriately. If they then continue then I will temprarily ban them from the server

B: A group of players are offended by remarks that another player made, but you yourself do not find them to be offensive. How would you respond?
Depending on the context, if they are breaking rules I would stop them. If they were not breaking the rules, I would politely ask them to stop and respect the player.

C: How would you deal with players who micspam?
I would give them 2 warnings and if they keep spamming I would mute them for 45 minutes. if they thenm continue to spam after that then I would mute them for 24 hours

D: Another TF2SS admin is exploiting their powers in game; what will you do about it?
I would inform a higher up admin of the abuse and let them deal with it.

E: What would you do when answering a report that [username] is speed hacking on one of our servers?
I would visit the server after reading the report, and ban the offender if needed.

F: A regular user threatens to ban another player if they do not comply with rules that do not exist. What will you do about it?
I would remind the former of the rules and reassure the latter that they will not be getting banned.

G: A group of enemy players dominate you, ignoring everyone else and changing teams if you join the team they are on, killing only you over and over again. What will you do about it?
I would go spectator and monitor the server through spectator as to avoid making the situation worse.

H: How do you deal with a player who comments publicly that: you are an asshole, the server sucks ass, and continues to insult anyone who kills them with profanity & by screaming on the mic?
I would warn them then mute them if they continued. if they then kept going, then kick them then ban if they came back and continued.

I: A regular player on our server says that they will offer free godmode for anyone who trades a hat to them. What will you do about it?
I would make an announcement to the whole server and remind the player that what they are doing is against the rules and sanction them accordingly.

J: A player who bought the Headless Horsemann perk from the shop complains after another player slays him/her. What do you tell the slayed Headless Horsemann player?
I would remind the HH player that there is no rule against using shop like that is not against the rules, and they should use the HHHH perk at their own risk.

K: How do you define Admin abuse?
Admin abuse is the act of misusing the powers given that other regular players do not have, against them in either a malicious way or in a way to target one certain player.

After filling out this application, what are your feelings toward becoming a Server Admin on our servers?
I feel excited for the possibility to admin on these servers and uphold the rules and help people enjoy their time on swapshop.

Offline snoogans.

• I fiddle with strings on coated plastic and wood
  • Server Administrator
  • Forum Poster
  • Mr. Slump God
    • My awful site
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Re: Queen Lewna :3 - Game Server Admin Application
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2017, 05:27:15 PM »

16. Assess these attributes from 1 to 10 based on how you see yourself:
  • Patient: 5
  • Reactive: 10
  • Creative: 4
  • Objective: 4
  • Compassionate: 10
Please explain the ratings above - Note not all are present, just the lowest and highest.

17. After you become an admin, how would you react to these situations below:
A: How would you deal with a person who was making racist comments?
I would give them a warning and if they continued I would gag or text mute them appropriately. If they then continue then I will temprarily ban them from the server

A kick comes before a ban, usually. Is there at any point a situation can result in a kick?

D: Another TF2SS admin is exploiting their powers in game; what will you do about it?
I would inform a higher up admin of the abuse and let them deal with it.

E: What would you do when answering a report that [username] is speed hacking on one of our servers?
I would visit the server after reading the report, and ban the offender if needed.

In these types of situations, evidence is key. For one simple reason - He said she said funny business. Let's say you ban a hacker with no evidence or demo recorded. They can easily come on the forums and appeal the ban and with no evidence shown, we only have word to go by. It can get even stickier if they have their own evidence showing that they didn't.
I like salt

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2017, 08:26:36 AM »
I am patient most of the time, however, sometimes I can get easily irritated due to real life problems.
I usually, if not always tend to react to situations without fail, which can be conceived as both negative and positive points.
I am not very creative in the context of thinking of new ideas, I work best when being told clearly what to do and when to do it
I am usually not influenced by anyone else's feelings and would follow the rules.
One of my strongest points is that I am kind, I will take others into consideration as best I can while following the rules.
A kick would most likely occur if the player kept ignoring the warnings and continued making racist comments. If they came back and kept doing so, I would then ban them.
I would record a demo instead of the hacker or admin's behaviour then follow the necessary steps to report them and have the right sanction put in place.

Offline Hamtaro

• Server's Hamster
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Master
  • Hamha, how are you?
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2017, 10:07:47 AM »
B: A group of players are offended by remarks that another player made, but you yourself do not find them to be offensive. How would you respond?
Depending on the context, if they are breaking rules I would stop them. If they were not breaking the rules, I would politely ask them to stop and respect the player.

What would this context consist of?

C: How would you deal with players who micspam?
I would give them 2 warnings and if they keep spamming I would mute them for 45 minutes. if they thenm continue to spam after that then I would mute them for 24 hours

What's your reasoning of giving the micspammer this bigger mute length if they continue after their first mute?

How would you confirm if they're speed hacking or not?

F: A regular user threatens to ban another player if they do not comply with rules that do not exist. What will you do about it?
I would remind the former of the rules and reassure the latter that they will not be getting banned.

What about the one threatening? Exactly what would you do about them?

H: How do you deal with a player who comments publicly that: you are an asshole, the server sucks ass, and continues to insult anyone who kills them with profanity & by screaming on the mic?
I would warn them then mute them if they continued. if they then kept going, then kick them then ban if they came back and continued.

What would the length of this mute/ban consist of?

I: A regular player on our server says that they will offer free godmode for anyone who trades a hat to them. What will you do about it?
I would make an announcement to the whole server and remind the player that what they are doing is against the rules and sanction them accordingly.

(To your understanding) What would the proper sanctioning be to said player saying this?
I don't bite, so feel free to message me if anything.
Hablo español con gran fluidez, asi que deje un mensaje si tienes dudas.

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2017, 11:15:49 AM »
Say the offensive remarks were not against the rules, such as remarking they are bad at a class, this is not against the rules so I do not elicit sanctions. Say it is a racial slur I will tell them to stop and if they do not then I will sanctoin them accordingly.
My reasoning behind it is that if they know that it is against the rules and have been punished for it, and then do it again, they either do not care or are doing it to spite me or other people. I would increase the mute to ensure they do not get the chance to do that again for a considerable amount of time.
I would give them around a minute to see whether it was storebought speed or an RTD, I would also check chat for such. If the time runs out and they do not buy more speed I will record a demo of it happening and then ban them.
I would have to tell them that what they are doing is wrong and against the rules, if they then ignore me I would chat mute them and uf they continued after that mute, I will kick them.
The mute would last 1 hour, and the ban would be a week, seeing as they do not like the server anyway.
A chat mute or voice chat depending on what they are using. If they then ignored me I would have to mute them for 1 hour, the previous being 30 minutes.

Offline Lunarium

• High Tier Trader
  • Staff Trainer
  • Forum Master
  • Your Deadly skill is jogging? Mine is Murdering.
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2017, 04:55:26 PM »
Application has been withdrawn.