• April 16, 2024, 09:56:07 AM

Author Topic: Noctis - Game Server Admin Application  (Read 3592 times)

Offline Noctis

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Noctis - Game Server Admin Application
« on: July 19, 2017, 07:42:39 PM »
1. Which position do you wish to apply for?
Game Server Admin

2. Have you ever previously applied for a position in SwapShop?
No

3. List any current staff members you know or have any personal relations with.

4. Do you have a microphone that you are willing to use?
Yes

5. Age:

6. What Time Zone do you live in?
eastern standard

7. List and describe any previous supervisory, administrative or management experience,­ in or out of the game:
I was a admin in one of my friends servers but they had to remake the server and I wasn't on at the time so they didn't put me as a admin. And I am a officer of a clube in my school.

8. What are your goals in this community - or, why do you want to hold this position?
I want this position so I can make this community less toxic and a more friendly community.

9. How much time will you be able to spend:
A. On the servers?
from 12 am - 10 pm
until school starts then its 4 pm - 8 pm.
and on thursdays 5 pm - 8 pm

B. On the forums?
anytime I'm needed umless I'm at school.

10. How long have you been playing on our group of servers?
for about 2-3 years now (you're one of the first servers I found) and I love the servers

11. Do you speak any languages other than English?
I speak some what off german

12. Link your SteamRep and other sources that show your reputation here:
https://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198239871992

No special reputation

13. If you have alternate accounts, list any alternate accounts that you own:

14. Describe a time when you lost control of your emotions and how you were able to cope with the situation (P.S: This can be about anything; it doesn't have to be from in-game.):
I got really angry after a group of kids on a trade.tf server kept making fun of my brother and a few of my friends. how I coped with it was I called a admin and then I vented to one of my friends.

15. What do you consider in your personality to be strengths? What do you consider in your personality to be weaknesses?
I think the amount of respect I have for people and how I act in certain situations as a strength and I count my charm and friendlyness as a strength.

I coutn my lack of a filter as a weekness.

16. Assess these attributes from 1 to 10 based on how you see yourself:
  • Logical: 8
  • Patient: 7
  • Reactive: 9
  • Creative: 10
  • Polite: 10
  • Reasonable: 8
  • Objective: 8
  • Perceptive: 7
  • Compassionate: 8
  • Troubleshooter: 9
  • Honest: 10

17. After you become an admin, how would you react to these situations below:
A: How would you deal with a person who was making racist comments?
I would talk to everyone on the server to see if the claims are true and if they are I would tell the person to stop after 2 warnings I will kick them and if they come back and start back up I would ban them for how ever long I need to.

B: A group of players are offended by remarks that another player made, but you yourself do not find them to be offensive. How would you respond?
I would tell the player who made the remarks to just say sorry and not do it again.

C: How would you deal with players who micspam?
I will give the a warning and if they don't stop I would kick them and if they come back and continue I would ban them for as long as necessary.

D: Another TF2SS admin is exploiting their powers in game; what will you do about it?
I would tell them to stop then report them to a higher up.

E: What would you do when answering a report that [username] is speed hacking on one of our servers?
I would check if said player has been banned before and if so I would go to the server and if I se said player hacking I would ban them as long as needed.

F: A regular user threatens to ban another player if they do not comply with rules that do not exist. What will you do about it?
I would tell that player to stop making up rulesand if they continue I would kick them.

G: A group of enemy players dominate you, ignoring everyone else and changing teams if you join the team they are on, killing only you over and over again. What will you do about it?
I would ask them to stop and if they don't I would leave and then join back later.
but If they're spawn camping I would tell them to stop and if they don't I would kick them.

H: How do you deal with a player who comments publicly that: you are an asshole, the server sucks ass, and continues to insult anyone who kills them with profanity & by screaming on the mic?
I would tell them if they don't like me or anyone on the server or the server its selfthey should just leave but if they keep it up I would kick them and if they come back and continue I would ban them for as long as needed.

I: A regular player on our server says that they will offer free godmode for anyone who trades a hat to them. What will you do about it?
I would tell them to stop scamming and if he continues I would ban them for scamming.

J: A player who bought the Headless Horsemann perk from the shop complains after another player slays him/her. What do you tell the slayed Headless Horsemann player?
I would tell the to stop complaining and if they start making faulty claims I would kick them.

K: How do you define Admin abuse?
kicking or banning players for no reason, using his/her perks to mess with other players and make them brake the rules.

After filling out this application, what are your feelings toward becoming a Server Admin on our servers?
I feel like I can do well as a admin and I think I can make a change to the community.
sincerely, Noctis

Offline Lunarium

• High Tier Trader
  • Staff Trainer
  • Forum Master
  • Your Deadly skill is jogging? Mine is Murdering.
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Re: Noctis - Game Server Admin Application
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2017, 08:28:21 PM »
Another application is currently opened. Closing.