• April 19, 2024, 09:06:24 AM

Author Topic: nick.muj - Game Server Admin Application  (Read 5223 times)

Offline nick.muj

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
nick.muj - Game Server Admin Application
« on: July 20, 2017, 11:51:59 AM »
1. Which position do you wish to apply for?
Game Server Admin

2. Have you ever previously applied for a position in SwapShop?
No

3. List any current staff members you know or have any personal relations with.
Zabiruff, the owner (forgot his name)

4. Do you have a microphone that you are willing to use?
Yes

5. Age:

6. What Time Zone do you live in?
EST

7. List and describe any previous supervisory, administrative or management experience,­ in or out of the game:
In Unturned I have been a co-owner of a server, in which it ran for a year and a half. It got shut down due to insufficient funds. Server was quiet, no on broke the rules, I was active daily and hourly.

8. What are your goals in this community - or, why do you want to hold this position?
I would love to see this community and group flourish. Also I would love to see the servers grow exponentially via player base. I would do my best to maintain control and stability of the community and safety.

9. How much time will you be able to spend:
A. On the servers?
Minimum 3 hours a day. Depending on family problems.

B. On the forums?
15 min - 2 hours.

10. How long have you been playing on our group of servers?
At least 2 months.

11. Do you speak any languages other than English?
Ukrainian, Georgian, Russian, some French.

12. Link your SteamRep and other sources that show your reputation here:
https://steamrep.com/search?q=76561198214813943

13. If you have alternate accounts, list any alternate accounts that you own:
-

14. Describe a time when you lost control of your emotions and how you were able to cope with the situation (P.S: This can be about anything; it doesn't have to be from in-game.):
My Mother consistently repeats herself about 3 times which is irritating, so I lose my mind about once or twice a day, however, all I do is shove earphones in my ear and watch videos, which calm me down, constantly. Gaming helps too.

15. What do you consider in your personality to be strengths? What do you consider in your personality to be weaknesses?
I am a good supporter, sometimes a leader when needed, consistent, strong, smart but not intelligent.

16. Assess these attributes from 1 to 10 based on how you see yourself:
  • Logical: 8
  • Patient: 7
  • Reactive: 9
  • Creative: 8
  • Polite: 8
  • Reasonable: 10
  • Objective: 7
  • Perceptive: 7
  • Compassionate: 8
  • Troubleshooter: 8
  • Honest: 9

17. After you become an admin, how would you react to these situations below:
A: How would you deal with a person who was making racist comments?
I would warn them to stop politely. If they continue, I ask again, but little more pressure. If they keep on continuing, I would mute and/or gag them. If they keep doing it after the gag/mute expired, I would kick them. If they return and keep doing it, a ban will be placed (not permanent until they do it again after ban).

B: A group of players are offended by remarks that another player made, but you yourself do not find them to be offensive. How would you respond?
I would (gather) them, discuss it with them and do my best to negotiate for them.

C: How would you deal with players who micspam?
I would warn them, if they don't comply, just a plain old mute.

D: Another TF2SS admin is exploiting their powers in game; what will you do about it?
Remind them about it and tell them to stop doing it. If they don't stop, Ill report to the forums as soon as I can.

E: What would you do when answering a report that [username] is speed hacking on one of our servers?
I would give them a warning, if they keep doing so, I will kick them. Still do it, then I would ban them temporarily.

F: A regular user threatens to ban another player if they do not comply with rules that do not exist. What will you do about it?
I would tell the regular player stop threatening and I would take care of the rule breaker myself.

G: A group of enemy players dominate you, ignoring everyone else and changing teams if you join the team they are on, killing only you over and over again. What will you do about it?
Nothing much really. If it's just me, I'm fine with it, unless it's interrupting my job.

H: How do you deal with a player who comments publicly that: you are an asshole, the server sucks ass, and continues to insult anyone who kills them with profanity & by screaming on the mic?
I would gladly listen to what they would like to advise if they don't like the server. If there is any kind of screaming, I would tell them do please be quiet and not scream and quit insults or punishments will follow.

I: A regular player on our server says that they will offer free godmode for anyone who trades a hat to them. What will you do about it?
I would tell them to quit the scam, and I would kick them. Scamming is a huge issue on TF2.

J: A player who bought the Headless Horsemann perk from the shop complains after another player slays him/her. What do you tell the slayed Headless Horsemann player?
This is TF2, you will die in many ways, no need to be angry. You have a huge advantage anyways, you can scare people and stuff. So it's either luck, or just the enemy read you like a book.

K: How do you define Admin abuse?
Constant power abuse, use of exploits to destroy mass amounts of players, little to no management, ignorance, not taking advice, etc.

After filling out this application, what are your feelings toward becoming a Server Admin on our servers?
I feel like I can do my job extremely well on the servers and the forums. I will be mostly focusing on the Server more due to people having potential of breaking rules consistently without knowledge of staff.

Offline Lunarium

• High Tier Trader
  • Staff Trainer
  • Forum Master
  • Your Deadly skill is jogging? Mine is Murdering.
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Re: nick.muj - Game Server Admin Application
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2017, 12:24:34 PM »
3. List any current staff members you know or have any personal relations with.
Zabiruff, the owner (forgot his name)

Is there any chance you could check your friends list to tell me who the owner is?

E: What would you do when answering a report that [username] is speed hacking on one of our servers?
I would give them a warning, if they keep doing so, I will kick them. Still do it, then I would ban them temporarily.

We have absolutely no tolerance for hacking in any way. Now knowing this, what steps would you take when you receive a report about a player speed hacking?

F: A regular user threatens to ban another player if they do not comply with rules that do not exist. What will you do about it?
I would tell the regular player stop threatening and I would take care of the rule breaker myself.

You misread the question. Player1 Is telling Player2 to follow rules that don't exist. What would be your course of action upon witnessing this?

Please take your time to respond to my questions, and good luck on your application!

Offline nick.muj

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2017, 09:23:03 PM »
3. I believe the owner is named something with dark, or I'm mistaking him for someone else. I don't have him on my friend's list.

E. I would immediately reply to the reporter to confirm he reported. I would go to the speed hacker and ban him. Hacking should not be tolerated at all.

F. I would give the Player 1 a warning. If he keeps doing it, it will be followed by a kick. If he still goes on, then it will be a ban. I would tell Player 2 that the rules Player 1 has "applied" were a complete fake.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2017, 10:11:56 PM by nick.muj »

Offline Lunarium

• High Tier Trader
  • Staff Trainer
  • Forum Master
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2017, 10:21:24 PM »
Thanks for the answers!  :)

Offline nick.muj

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2017, 08:50:39 AM »
Thank you for providing me the opportunity to apply.  :)

Offline Hamtaro

• Server's Hamster
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Master
  • Hamha, how are you?
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2017, 11:27:20 AM »
15. What do you consider in your personality to be strengths? What do you consider in your personality to be weaknesses?
I am a good supporter, sometimes a leader when needed, consistent, strong, smart but not intelligent.

Any weaknesses?

B: A group of players are offended by remarks that another player made, but you yourself do not find them to be offensive. How would you respond?
I would (gather) them, discuss it with them and do my best to negotiate for them.

What do you mean by negotiate for them?

C: How would you deal with players who micspam?
I would warn them, if they don't comply, just a plain old mute.

How long would the punishments be, both gag/mute and bans?

What would you take care of the rule breaker?

G: A group of enemy players dominate you, ignoring everyone else and changing teams if you join the team they are on, killing only you over and over again. What will you do about it?
Nothing much really. If it's just me, I'm fine with it, unless it's interrupting my job.

What or how would you consider an interruption to your job?

I don't bite, so feel free to message me if anything.
Hablo español con gran fluidez, asi que deje un mensaje si tienes dudas.

Offline nick.muj

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2017, 11:39:04 AM »
15. Weakness: I am quiet because of my mom hushing me, I can lose my mind (but I get to the solution almost immediately), I am not intelligent, and my mic might be quiet depending on the user.

B. For example if the person doesn't make such remark, then there would not be a problem, if they disagree, then I would ask the group of players to not catch his attention, however, that probably might not work.

C-E. Gags/mutes: 10min - 1 hour depending on what the person did. Bans: 10 - permanent depending on the actions. Permanent bans will only be applied if they don't even comply at all and just keep going after 1 week ban.

F. I answered that question on the previous reply that Lunarium asked. However I'll answer it again. I read the question wrong. Since Player 1 is threatening with rules that aren't real, I would tell Player 1 to quit it or he would get his punishments, Player 2 I would tell him/her to carry on.

G. Mic spam, killing me while in a sit, not letting me see person whom I am trying to take care of.

Offline Hamtaro

• Server's Hamster
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Master
  • Hamha, how are you?
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2017, 12:14:15 PM »
F. I answered that question on the previous reply that Lunarium asked. However I'll answer it again. I read the question wrong. Since Player 1 is threatening with rules that aren't real, I would tell Player 1 to quit it or he would get his punishments, Player 2 I would tell him/her to carry on.

What would the punishment consist of?

G. Mic spam, killing me while in a sit, not letting me see person whom I am trying to take care of.

What do you mean by, "while in a sit"? Also, wouldn't it be easier to simply go spectator to see the person you're trying to take care of? Also, take care of what exactly (if a scenario can be presented)?
I don't bite, so feel free to message me if anything.
Hablo español con gran fluidez, asi que deje un mensaje si tienes dudas.

Offline nick.muj

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2017, 12:56:56 PM »
F. First noncompliance, warning, Second, mute for 10 min, Third, kick, Fourth 10 min - perma ban depending on upon actions such as spamming, hacking, 10 min ban for doing it again.

G. Indeed, you are correct. Pardon my mistake.

Offline snoogans.

• I fiddle with strings on coated plastic and wood
  • Server Administrator
  • Forum Poster
  • Mr. Slump God
    • My awful site
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2017, 03:08:00 AM »

7. List and describe any previous supervisory, administrative or management experience,­ in or out of the game:
In Unturned I have been a co-owner of a server, in which it ran for a year and a half. It got shut down due to insufficient funds. Server was quiet, no on broke the rules, I was active daily and hourly.
Is there any website attached or verification of this?

I: A regular player on our server says that they will offer free godmode for anyone who trades a hat to them. What will you do about it?
I would tell them to quit the scam, and I would kick them. Scamming is a huge issue on TF2.
Keep in mind scammers are instant perma-bans
I like salt

Offline nick.muj

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2017, 08:49:47 AM »
7. No, there is no website attached but he is my friend's friend and I can tell you my friend's steam name and its target_cat, you can message him and ask if I was one of the co-owners.

I. Noted.

Offline Lunarium

• High Tier Trader
  • Staff Trainer
  • Forum Master
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2017, 12:08:43 PM »
Thank you for taking the time to apply for TF2SwapShop administration. We regret to inform you that our staff does not believe that your application satisfies our standards for server administration for the moment. Unfortunately, we must decline your application.

If you are still interested in a server administration position here, you may submit a new application and reapply after 3 months have passed (October 27th, 2017).

We encourage you to use that time to revise and improve upon your application.