• April 25, 2024, 04:27:39 PM

Author Topic: Tony Bamanaboni - Game Server Admin Application  (Read 3714 times)

Offline Rhino

• Forum Visitor
    • fakesocialjustice
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Tony Bamanaboni - Game Server Admin Application
« on: July 24, 2017, 11:44:49 AM »
1. Which position do you wish to apply for?
Game Server Admin

2. Have you ever previously applied for a position in SwapShop?
No

3. List any current staff members you know or have any personal relations with.
Mizzle Grizzle (friends)

4. Do you have a microphone that you are willing to use?
Yes

5. Age:

6. What Time Zone do you live in?
Central America (US and Canada)

7. List and describe any previous supervisory, administrative or management experience,­ in or out of the game:
I have owned a couple of Team Fortress 2 servers in the past and have dabbled in that kind of stuff. Server Administration is something that I still do and love it. Grant it im not an admin of any server at the moment but have experience from owning and administrating on many servers in the past. RhinoTopia and more.

8. What are your goals in this community - or, why do you want to hold this position?
My Goals for the community is to help it grow. I want to make it the best possible by doing my part in helping people out. I want to help out the players of the servers. Make it so there time on our servers are the best possible and make it so they have fun at the same time.

9. How much time will you be able to spend:
A. On the servers?
I will be able to spend a ton of time on the servers. Even though school is gonna start I can still spend 2-3 hours on the servers at least and have fun with the people on them and also help out players that would need my help.

B. On the forums?
I would be able to spend about 1 hour a day trying to stay caught up on all the recent activities that are going on with the forums and also get the know about on events and other exciting things that I may be able to participate in.

10. How long have you been playing on our group of servers?
Around a year off and on mostly but for about a year and I have had plenty of fun while playing on the server!

11. Do you speak any languages other than English?
No I do not but I do know a tiny bit of Spanish. From what my Spanish class can actually teach me! ;)

12. Link your SteamRep and other sources that show your reputation here:
https://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198211844827

13. If you have alternate accounts, list any alternate accounts that you own:
I do not have any alternate accounts

14. Describe a time when you lost control of your emotions and how you were able to cope with the situation (P.S: This can be about anything; it doesn't have to be from in-game.):
I feel like I have not lost control of my emotions before. I am very aware of a situation and will think about the good that could come out of my staying in control.  

15. What do you consider in your personality to be strengths? What do you consider in your personality to be weaknesses?
One of my strengths is responsibility. I have a lot of fun and goof off a lot but when it boils down to it I will be responsible to handle different situations. One big weakness about me is the goofing off. I sometimes take it too far and will retract myself from trying to do that.

16. Assess these attributes from 1 to 10 based on how you see yourself:
  • Logical: 6
  • Patient: 6
  • Reactive: 8
  • Creative: 7
  • Polite: 6
  • Reasonable: 8
  • Objective: 5
  • Perceptive: 8
  • Compassionate: 9
  • Troubleshooter: 8
  • Honest: 10

17. After you become an admin, how would you react to these situations below:
A: How would you deal with a person who was making racist comments?
I would polity ask the person to stop and if he/she didn't stop I would begin by muting the person and telling the player why I muted him/her. If the situation ever escalated any further I would seek out a kick or maybe a ban.

B: A group of players are offended by remarks that another player made, but you yourself do not find them to be offensive. How would you respond?
I would tell the player who made the offended remarks to polity stop and respect that other players get offended too. If the situation escalated any further I would proceed to mute the player and tell him/her that it was getting offensive and he/she should stop,

C: How would you deal with players who micspam?
I would mute the player and explain why I muted him/her. I would then proceed to mute him/her and make sure they dont mic spam again

D: Another TF2SS admin is exploiting their powers in game; what will you do about it?
I would tell one of the higher power admins that he/she is abusing power. Then I would try and ask to stop and if not get someone else to handle the situation of the admin exploit.

E: What would you do when answering a report that [username] is speed hacking on one of our servers?
I would join the server and just play it quiet. Speed hackers usually stop hacking when the admin comes on. Make it look like im a regular player and then if he is speed hacking I would freeze the player and tell them to stop hacking. If they didn't stop I would then ban the player.

F: A regular user threatens to ban another player if they do not comply with rules that do not exist. What will you do about it?
I would tell the other player immediately that those rules do not exist and he will not get banned. I would then kick the regular user and tell him that threatening other players is not tolerated on the server.

G: A group of enemy players dominate you, ignoring everyone else and changing teams if you join the team they are on, killing only you over and over again. What will you do about it?
I would not over react to the situation. If I saw they were killing only me I would not go out of spawn and just stay afk monitoring the server. If I see nothing needs to be done I would polity leave and join a different Swap Shop server

H: How do you deal with a player who comments publicly that: you are an asshole, the server sucks ass, and continues to insult anyone who kills them with profanity & by screaming on the mic?
I would mute the player and explain that those are harsh comments that we dont tolerate. If he/she continues I would seek out to kick and if so a ban.

I: A regular player on our server says that they will offer free godmode for anyone who trades a hat to them. What will you do about it?
I would mute the player and tell everyone that nobody is getting free god mode. We dont offer free god mode and I would ask for the player who is offering to stop.

J: A player who bought the Headless Horsemann perk from the shop complains after another player slays him/her. What do you tell the slayed Headless Horsemann player?
That people have a right to slay the headless horsemann and if he/she wants it back to buy another one.

K: How do you define Admin abuse?
Admin abuse is when one admin is over using his/her power as an admin. By killing people with godmode or kicking people and banning random people. This would be admin abuse and I would not tolerate it.

After filling out this application, what are your feelings toward becoming a Server Admin on our servers?
I feel very passionate that I could benefit the server and what its like to be a player on the server. I feel with my help I could make it a better place to enjoy and have fun with other people!
~Rhino

Offline Lunarium

• High Tier Trader
  • Staff Trainer
  • Forum Master
  • Your Deadly skill is jogging? Mine is Murdering.
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Re: Tony Bamanaboni - Game Server Admin Application
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2017, 12:51:21 PM »
Thank you for expressing interest in applying for TF2SwapShop administration. We regret to inform you that your application does not meet certain requirements at the moment:

• You must have have at least 500 total hours on Team Fortress 2.

If you are still interested in a server administration position here, you may submit a new application and reapply after you meet our application requirements.