• April 18, 2024, 01:48:07 AM

Author Topic: Sicario - Game Server Admin Application  (Read 4371 times)

Offline Kit Cat

• Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Visitor
  • oi
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Sicario - Game Server Admin Application
« on: July 25, 2017, 08:59:36 AM »
1. Which position do you wish to apply for?
Game Server Admin

2. Have you ever previously applied for a position in SwapShop?
Yes

3. List any current staff members you know or have any personal relations with.
Synicle, Gerbil, and Zabiroc

4. Do you have a microphone that you are willing to use?
Yes

5. Age:

6. What Time Zone do you live in?
Pacific

7. List and describe any previous supervisory, administrative or management experience,­ in or out of the game:
I have no experience out of game.

8. What are your goals in this community - or, why do you want to hold this position?
My goals are to enforce the rules and make Swap Shop a pleasant place to stay, making sure people such as: cheaters and abusers don't get their fill on the servers. And I want to contribute more to the community I've been a regular on and love then just donating an item to noclip into the skybox.

9. How much time will you be able to spend:
A. On the servers?
I'd be able to spend around 3-5 hours on the servers

B. On the forums?
As much time as I need, I will be able to just take a glance and see if there are any complaints or issues that need to be dealt with.

10. How long have you been playing on our group of servers?
Around a year

11. Do you speak any languages other than English?
Spanish

12. Link your SteamRep and other sources that show your reputation here:
https://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198093692174

13. If you have alternate accounts, list any alternate accounts that you own:
http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198272478303/

14. Describe a time when you lost control of your emotions and how you were able to cope with the situation (P.S: This can be about anything; it doesn't have to be from in-game.):
The time I lost control of my emotions was quite a while ago I had gotten intoxicated and lost control of my emotions having a fit of intense crying, I had injured myself as a result but I coped by seeking professional help, going to a special hospital, going to therapy, and taking medication that could help.

15. What do you consider in your personality to be strengths? What do you consider in your personality to be weaknesses?
I feel my strengths are being a cool person to talk to with and being generally approachable, I would say a weakness would be having a short temper and letting emotions take over sometimes.

16. Assess these attributes from 1 to 10 based on how you see yourself:
  • Logical: 8
  • Patient: 5
  • Reactive: 7
  • Creative: 7
  • Polite: 8
  • Reasonable: 7
  • Objective: 7
  • Perceptive: 6
  • Compassionate: 8
  • Troubleshooter: 5
  • Honest: 10

17. After you become an admin, how would you react to these situations below:
A: How would you deal with a person who was making racist comments?
I would ask them to knock off slurs, if they persisted I'd mute/gag them for a reasonable amount of time.

B: A group of players are offended by remarks that another player made, but you yourself do not find them to be offensive. How would you respond?
I would tell the one making the comments to please stop, while I do not find it offensive if a large group of people do, then I have to put what I think aside and ask them to kindly stop because others being offended.

C: How would you deal with players who micspam?
I would call a vote of how many people would like the spam to continue if the vote comes out as a yes, let em have their fun, if the vote comes out to a no, sorry but either knock it off or mute.

D: Another TF2SS admin is exploiting their powers in game; what will you do about it?
I would report it to the higher ups no questions asked. I find people abusing responsibility and power like that to be disgusting and pathetic.

E: What would you do when answering a report that [username] is speed hacking on one of our servers?
I would venture to guess the one reporting does not know that speed hacks cannot be used in TF2 anymore and will wait to see if it is either an RTD roll or just a simple shop purchase and then explain these two to said person, but I would make sure to record a demo just in case.

F: A regular user threatens to ban another player if they do not comply with rules that do not exist. What will you do about it?
I would see how severely they're trying to act like they have power, if its just a "I'm gonna ban you if you don't stop" basically pretending like they have power they actually don't have then a kick with a warning message is fit. Now if they decide they wanna make a huge fake story of their adminship and such to the point where they believe themselves, then a 1-2 day ban.

G: A group of enemy players dominate you, ignoring everyone else and changing teams if you join the team they are on, killing only you over and over again. What will you do about it?
I wouldn't care, its a game with guns where you kill people, if a group of people want to focus me that hard hell I'd feel special.

H: How do you deal with a player who comments publicly that: you are an asshole, the server sucks ass, and continues to insult anyone who kills them with profanity & by screaming on the mic?
I would tell them that if the server is that horrible that there is an awesome guide for how to make sure this server never pops up again: Step 1- Press Esc Step 2- Click "Disconnect" Step 3- Blacklist any servers with "TF2SS" in them. And boom profit. But in all seriousness I wouldn't care that they dislike the servers but if the insults have any slurs or their mic is of poor quality or are literally screaming their lungs out into it. I would consider it to be mic spam and or use of slurs and give them a warning if it persists then I would mute them.

I: A regular player on our server says that they will offer free godmode for anyone who trades a hat to them. What will you do about it?
Well seeing what TF2SS is trying to be, a trade server, and this person is there only to scam people, I would make sure that they can't try their dumb bull on our servers anymore and thus perma ban them so they have to find some other server to pollute with their crap.

J: A player who bought the Headless Horsemann perk from the shop complains after another player slays him/her. What do you tell the slayed Headless Horsemann player?
I would tell them that he was able to buy HHH from shop so that person was able to buy Slay a player from shop. So... deal with it.

K: How do you define Admin abuse?
Using admin powers such as god mode noclip and being able to kick, mute, gag, and ban players to kill people or silence anyone they dislike or disagree with.

After filling out this application, what are your feelings toward becoming a Server Admin on our servers?
I would absolutely love being an admin on these severs, they're the only servers I can say I thoroughly enjoy and join on a regular basis so being able to contribute so much more would honestly be an honor.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2017, 11:27:51 AM by Dozy »
Dozerboi

Offline snoogans.

• I fiddle with strings on coated plastic and wood
  • Server Administrator
  • Forum Poster
  • Mr. Slump God
    • My awful site
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Re: Sicario - Game Server Admin Application
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2017, 09:25:52 AM »

16. Assess these attributes from 1 to 10 based on how you see yourself:
  • Logical: 8
  • Patient: 5
  • Reactive: 7
  • Creative: 7
  • Polite: 8
  • Reasonable: 7
  • Objective: 7
  • Perceptive: 6
  • Compassionate: 8
  • Troubleshooter: 5
  • Honest: 10
Please explain the highlighted, thank you.
I like salt

Offline Kit Cat

• Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Visitor
  • oi
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2017, 10:05:42 AM »
Well 5 on patience because I won't lie I can be a bit patient but that wears thin very very fast the 6 perceptive because while I do show sensitive insight I do not show much. I can give some insight but not a lot. 5 on troubleshooter due to me knowing how to fix a problem I am just very blunt when it comes to fixing said problem to the point where I might unintentionally hurt someone's feelings. And 10 on honest because I am honest to the fullest. I don't want people lying to me so I do not lie to others.
Dozerboi

Offline snoogans.

• I fiddle with strings on coated plastic and wood
  • Server Administrator
  • Forum Poster
  • Mr. Slump God
    • My awful site
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2017, 10:17:50 AM »
Thank you for answering
I like salt

Offline Psy

• Butt Administrator
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Master
  • I'm retarded.
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2017, 11:32:42 AM »
good luck dude
AFK like JFK

Offline Kit Cat

• Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Visitor
  • oi
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2017, 11:43:54 AM »
No problem and I would like to add, while I might be very blunt with things and like to be brutally honest seeing what position I could have and what my words could mean for the community's rep I would be willing to put that to the side and word things nicely as to make the community look better and more appealing to newcomers.  I want this community to really blossom and become much more popular and if making certain compromises and being different than what I usually am for the sake of the server and players I am more than willing.

Dozerboi

Offline Kit Cat

• Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Visitor
  • oi
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2017, 01:32:56 PM »
You know what... I want to cancel my application. I was looking forward to seeing what this could hold but honestly from what other people have said and my reputation, I think its better for everyone that I put my wants aside and just cancel. I hope you guys find the best staff you can find. And I thank you for any consideration you had.
Dozerboi

Offline Lunarium

• High Tier Trader
  • Staff Trainer
  • Forum Master
  • Your Deadly skill is jogging? Mine is Murdering.
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2017, 02:06:04 PM »
Applicant has requested for this to be withdrawn.

You may reapply at any time you choose.

Thank you for your time.