• March 28, 2024, 11:56:48 AM

Author Topic: Doc Mcstuffins - Game Server Admin Application  (Read 2689 times)

Offline Doc McStuffins

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Doc Mcstuffins - Game Server Admin Application
« on: August 05, 2017, 02:38:31 AM »
1. Which position do you wish to apply for?
Game Server Admin

2. Have you ever previously applied for a position in SwapShop?
No

3. List any current staff members you know or have any personal relations with.
Ms. Freak show

4. Do you have a microphone that you are willing to use?
Yes

5. Age:

6. What Time Zone do you live in?
Pacific Standard

7. List and describe any previous supervisory, administrative or management experience,­ in or out of the game:
I to this day, am in charge of a car washing business.

8. What are your goals in this community - or, why do you want to hold this position?
To make sure that the rules are enforced and the game is fun and safe.

9. How much time will you be able to spend:
A. On the servers?
Most of my day.

B. On the forums?
1 hour

10. How long have you been playing on our group of servers?
One of the first servers i joined was low grav crit server.

11. Do you speak any languages other than English?
Spanish.

12. Link your SteamRep and other sources that show your reputation here:
 http://steamid.co/player.php?input=76561198382742615

https://steamrep.com/search?q=http%3A%2F%2Fsteamcommunity.com%2Fprofiles%2F76561198382742615%2F

13. If you have alternate accounts, list any alternate accounts that you own:
I own none.

14. Describe a time when you lost control of your emotions and how you were able to cope with the situation (P.S: This can be about anything; it doesn't have to be from in-game.):
I first started to play medic and i just kept dying because i dint know how to pop uber and it steered me away from the game but i watched videos and learned all you have to do is right click on the mouse.

15. What do you consider in your personality to be strengths? What do you consider in your personality to be weaknesses?
Strength would be humor and my effectiveness. My weakness would be meeting new people in person.

16. Assess these attributes from 1 to 10 based on how you see yourself:
  • Logical: 10
  • Patient: 10
  • Reactive: 8
  • Creative: 7
  • Polite: 9
  • Reasonable: 9
  • Objective: 8
  • Perceptive: 8
  • Compassionate: 10
  • Troubleshooter: 9
  • Honest: 9

17. After you become an admin, how would you react to these situations below:
A: How would you deal with a person who was making racist comments?
They will be warned once and if do not comply will be gagged or banned, I do not tolerate racism in any form.

B: A group of players are offended by remarks that another player made, but you yourself do not find them to be offensive. How would you respond?
I would respond if I was put in the groups shoes. Would I find myself offended by that?

C: How would you deal with players who micspam?
After receiving a warning they will then be muted and if they don't continue to stop they will be kicked from the server.

D: Another TF2SS admin is exploiting their powers in game; what will you do about it?
Me witnessing admin abuse first hand, I would not allow an admin abuse his perks without someone of higher authority being notified.

E: What would you do when answering a report that [username] is speed hacking on one of our servers?
I would review screenshots if any were taken and I would join the server to verify and action would be taken such as a warning and then being kicked from the server.

F: A regular user threatens to ban another player if they do not comply with rules that do not exist. What will you do about it?
Remind the regular user who has the authority and he/she needs to knock it off even if he/she is a regular.

G: A group of enemy players dominate you, ignoring everyone else and changing teams if you join the team they are on, killing only you over and over again. What will you do about it?
Its a part of the game that you have to get used to because there is always someone better.

H: How do you deal with a player who comments publicly that: you are an asshole, the server sucks ass, and continues to insult anyone who kills them with profanity & by screaming on the mic?
Warn them that the mic spam is against rules and that they are in title to their own opinion but degrading remarks against the server or admin will not be tolerated.

I: A regular player on our server says that they will offer free godmode for anyone who trades a hat to them. What will you do about it?
Soliciting fake abilities for free hats will result in gag or kick from the server.

J: A player who bought the Headless Horsemann perk from the shop complains after another player slays him/her. What do you tell the slayed Headless Horsemann player?
The shops items are their for a reason and the game doesn't always go their way.

K: How do you define Admin abuse?
When the servers admin gets power hungry and misuses his/her abilities for the amusement of him/her.

After filling out this application, what are your feelings toward becoming a Server Admin on our servers?
It would be a very gifted opportunity to enforce rules and make the Tf2 community better one day at a time.

Offline Ἀΐδης

• Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Master
  • What is it you truly seek to obtain?
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Re: Doc Mcstuffins - Game Server Admin Application
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2017, 03:24:24 AM »
Thank you for expressing interest in applying for TF2SwapShop administration. We regret to inform you that your application does not meet certain requirements at the moment:

• You must have at least a 6 month old Steam account.

If you are still interested in a server administration position here, you may submit a new application and reapply after you meet our application requirements.

We also highly encourage you to use that time to further revise and improve upon your application.

Hades