• March 28, 2024, 03:18:44 PM

Author Topic: Strum - Game Server Admin Application  (Read 3322 times)

Offline murts

• Strumming your bum daily
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Veteran
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Strum - Game Server Admin Application
« on: September 29, 2017, 01:36:24 PM »
1. Which position do you wish to apply for?
Game Server Admin

2. Have you ever previously applied for a position in SwapShop?
Yes

3. List any current staff members you know or have any personal relations with.
Penny, Sipow, Reno Raider, Virus Alpha, Hades Gerbil, Fusion Flarez , Saki, Shh, TheMagicMarksMann, Hamtaro and Dauthlin

4. Do you have a microphone that you are willing to use?
Yes

5. Age:

6. What Time Zone do you live in?
Mountain Time

7. List and describe any previous supervisory, administrative or management experience,­ in or out of the game:
I was an admin for TF2 SwapShop for about a year or so but also have previous manager positions at jobs some being a manger at Chick Fil A and at a recreational pool near my home.

8. What are your goals in this community - or, why do you want to hold this position?
I've always thought SS had a chance to thrive and as TF2 goes to its last knees in the next few years id like to be apart of one of the few strong communities that still has a good name to its title. But while also keeping the peace in the servers and maintaining a proper order within the game so players who are not enjoying themselves can properly be taken to the full experience we want to bring them.

9. How much time will you be able to spend:
A. On the servers?
I can spend about a few hours during the day when i'm not at work or busy getting ready for classes as i have at college i attend at night.

B. On the forums?
Forums will consist of me being on and checking everyday a minimum of an hour to a few hours.

10. How long have you been playing on our group of servers?
It will come to almost 2 years now as i started i believe in July of 2015 or something close to that.

11. Do you speak any languages other than English?
Only English

12. Link your SteamRep and other sources that show your reputation here:
http://steamrep.com/index.php?id=76561198067915899

13. If you have alternate accounts, list any alternate accounts that you own:
No other accounts.

14. Describe a time when you lost control of your emotions and how you were able to cope with the situation (P.S: This can be about anything; it doesn't have to be from in-game.):
A time i lost control was when a friend and i were at work and we both had just gotten in an argument before we started. while this should of been left at the door we both were being rude to each other and it got to a point in which we both lost control and i ended up getting told by my boss to calm down or he would have to send me home. This made me realize that i need to act professional and keep the work environment to a point  in which my personal problem need to be addressed elsewhere and not at work.

15. What do you consider in your personality to be strengths? What do you consider in your personality to be weaknesses?
My strengths are i am very patient person with most people and i can befriend just about anyone as long as you are seemingly a reasonable person. One of my weaknesses is that if you come bad across me i wont tend to be able to see you the same as i hate fake people and liars this is a notable problem for me cause it affects how my relation with you will be in the future if we cross paths more then once.

16. Assess these attributes from 1 to 10 based on how you see yourself:
  • Logical: 7
  • Patient: 10
  • Reactive: 7
  • Creative: 6
  • Polite: 7
  • Reasonable: 6
  • Objective: 7
  • Perceptive: 7
  • Compassionate: 7
  • Troubleshooter: 8
  • Honest: 8

17. After you become an admin, how would you react to these situations below:
A: How would you deal with a person who was making racist comments?
You warn the person to not make such comments as they are not allowed on the server and as long as they play in the server they need to abide by the rules. If they continue to do it then you issue a mute/gag for how ever long is necessary.

B: A group of players are offended by remarks that another player made, but you yourself do not find them to be offensive. How would you respond?
If this were me i would try to understand from their point of view why they are offended by what was said and more then likely would tell the people who said them to stop saying such comments as they don't like it. But im a understanding person and if they were offended im sure it would not be hard to see why it is offensive to them

C: How would you deal with players who micspam?
Issue a warning to them to stop and tell them otherwise they will be muted for a period of time so they can learn not to do it again.

D: Another TF2SS admin is exploiting their powers in game; what will you do about it?
First you tell them to stop and not use their commands for their own use as it makes not just them self but other admins look abusive. if they proceed to keep doing it you tell a head admin of what is going on and explain what you saw and how exactly how it happened.

E: What would you do when answering a report that [username] is speed hacking on one of our servers?
You go to the server in which they are hacking and you should just observe players and if they are indeed hacking then you should place a ban for the player but also having a recording going so that you can have evidence to support your ban.

F: A regular user threatens to ban another player if they do not comply with rules that do not exist. What will you do about it?
You tell the player to not impersonate an admin and make up rules as this is a way to get yourself in trouble itself.  But after it is all done personally i would tell them to read the rules that are in the server and give a link to the person so they can gain knowledge on the rules.

G: A group of enemy players dominate you, ignoring everyone else and changing teams if you join the team they are on, killing only you over and over again. What will you do about it?
I will honestly just play the game and try to dominate them back i'm not a easily aggravated person and don't need to say anything to them.

H: How do you deal with a player who comments publicly that: you are an asshole, the server sucks ass, and continues to insult anyone who kills them with profanity & by screaming on the mic?
You tell them to stop mic spamming and if they continue to abuse their mic then you issue a mute to them and tell them as long as they are in the servers they need to not act out of line and make such a scene.

I: A regular player on our server says that they will offer free godmode for anyone who trades a hat to them. What will you do about it?
Warn them this isn't allowed because its considered scamming because they are offering false perks to players and if they had gotten a person to fall for it there would be a punishment placed on them.

J: A player who bought the Headless Horsemann perk from the shop complains after another player slays him/her. What do you tell the slayed Headless Horsemann player?
That you can either donate credits to the server and get it again or try and earn the credits by playing more. Since they were slain with credits there is no reason to call out the person who did it and that they are not in going to be in trouble for doing it.

K: How do you define Admin abuse?
Admin abuse is considered as using commands to your own personal gain and using them on other players and not allowing yourself to be at equal level as everyone else. example commands God mode, No clip etc.

After filling out this application, what are your feelings toward becoming a Server Admin on our servers?
 I've seen since i was gone new faces have been introduced to the community and hopefully if i'm accepted back ill be able to befriend them in the future and have good relations with them all :)
counter sally strike go

Offline snoogans.

• I fiddle with strings on coated plastic and wood
  • Server Administrator
  • Forum Poster
  • Mr. Slump God
    • My awful site
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Re: Strum - Game Server Admin Application
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2017, 03:41:48 AM »
Good luck in the following week, man :)
I like salt

Offline Lunarium

• High Tier Trader
  • Staff Trainer
  • Forum Master
  • Your Deadly skill is jogging? Mine is Murdering.
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Re: Strum - Game Server Admin Application
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2017, 03:27:33 PM »
Thank you for taking the time to apply for TF2SwapShop administration. We regret to inform you that our staff does not believe that your application satisfies our standards for server administration for the moment. Unfortunately, we must decline your application.

If you are still interested in a server administration position here, you may submit a new application and reapply after 1 month has passed (November 6th, 2017).

We encourage you to use that time to revise and improve upon your application.