• March 28, 2024, 06:15:47 AM

Author Topic: Widowmaker - Game Server Admin Application  (Read 4747 times)

Offline Widowmaker

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Widowmaker - Game Server Admin Application
« on: September 29, 2017, 05:27:39 PM »
1. Which position do you wish to apply for?
Game Server Admin

2. Have you ever previously applied for a position in SwapShop?
No

3. List any current staff members you know or have any personal relations with.
I am friends with zerker

4. Do you have a microphone that you are willing to use?
Yes

5. Age:
I am 17

6. What Time Zone do you live in?
My time zone is PST

7. List and describe any previous supervisory, administrative or management experience,­ in or out of the game:
I was mod on a few minecraft server back when I played it, I don't anymore

8. What are your goals in this community - or, why do you want to hold this position?
My goal is to try to cut down on hackers of kinds and enforce on the rules, I have seen many hackers and all around rule breakers on tf2swapshop servers as of recently and It just makes me mad whenever I see one, If no mods or admins are unable to be there to deal with them I would be able to do it myself

9. How much time will you be able to spend:
A. On the servers?
I usually either play on tf2swapshop servers or just play some mvm, so I will be able to play alot.

B. On the forums?
I will be able to check the forums whenever I'm needed.

10. How long have you been playing on our group of servers?
I have been playing on Tf2swapshop server for a little under a year.

11. Do you speak any languages other than English?
I speak no other languages.

12. Link your SteamRep and other sources that show your reputation here:
I do not have any reputation really, I just recently got into trading and I never asked for people to put "+rep" on my profile sadly.

13. If you have alternate accounts, list any alternate accounts that you own:
I have no alts.

14. Describe a time when you lost control of your emotions and how you were able to cope with the situation (P.S: This can be about anything; it doesn't have to be from in-game.):
when a hacker was destroying me I just tried to calm down, I couldn't so I just left for about 30 min, when I calmed down I joined back and killed him around 13 times in a row.

15. What do you consider in your personality to be strengths? What do you consider in your personality to be weaknesses?
Personally I feel like I'm charming, funny, somewhat caring, I can get a bit mad at times, But I do not verbally express it.

16. Assess these attributes from 1 to 10 based on how you see yourself:
  • Logical: 5
  • Patient: 7
  • Reactive: 10
  • Creative: 6
  • Polite: 8
  • Reasonable: 7
  • Objective: 5
  • Perceptive: 9
  • Compassionate: 9
  • Troubleshooter: 4
  • Honest: 10

17. After you become an admin, how would you react to these situations below:
A: How would you deal with a person who was making racist comments?
I would ask them to stop (give them a warning,) if they do not I would gag them for a select amount of time and if they continue after around 2 gags I would ban them.

B: A group of players are offended by remarks that another player made, but you yourself do not find them to be offensive. How would you respond?
first I would debunk what was wrong and find out why it offended them, if there is a logical reason I would politely ask the offenders to be nicer to the target.

C: How would you deal with players who micspam?
I would ask them to stop mic spamming, if they don't I would gag them, if they kept doing it after the gags I would mute them indefinitely.

D: Another TF2SS admin is exploiting their powers in game; what will you do about it?
I would remind them about the rules if they keep exploiting I would report them to the forums with screenshot or video proof.

E: What would you do when answering a report that [username] is speed hacking on one of our servers?
I would check to see the items that the person has equipped or check to see if they had a speed increase RTD.

F: A regular user threatens to ban another player if they do not comply with rules that do not exist. What will you do about it?
I would remind them about the rules, tell the person who is being threatened that the imposter has no such power and if they keep doing it proceed to ban them.

G: A group of enemy players dominate you, ignoring everyone else and changing teams if you join the team they are on, killing only you over and over again. What will you do about it?
I would do nothing since it isn't against the rules to do that, I may personally get a little peeved but I would not leap into disciplinary action.

H: How do you deal with a player who comments publicly that: you are an asshole, the server sucks ass, and continues to insult anyone who kills them with profanity & by screaming on the mic?
I would tell them to stop, if they don't stop I would gag them, If they keep doing it I would ban them, I would also just tell them to go to another server because their kind is not welcome.

I: A regular player on our server says that they will offer free godmode for anyone who trades a hat to them. What will you do about it?
I would tell them to stop, ask them to read the rules or if somebody has already done the trade immediately ban them.

J: A player who bought the Headless Horsemann perk from the shop complains after another player slays him/her. What do you tell the slayed Headless Horsemann player?
that the perk does not make you invincible and that the person can still die.

K: How do you define Admin abuse?
I define Admin abuse as a admin/person of power using either their position of power, rank or commands to unfairly punish or shame a player of lesser powers.

After filling out this application, what are your feelings toward becoming a Server Admin on our servers?
Personally I feel like I would make a nice addition to both the tf2swapshop admin community and all around player community, people have told me that I'm a nice person to be around and I hope you will take my application into consideration :D

Offline Widowmaker

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Re: Widowmaker - Game Server Admin Application
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2017, 05:29:50 PM »
To the "do you have a microphone that you are willing to use" field I do have a microphone that I am able to use but my pc for some reason does not support it, I do however have skype and discord

Offline Widowmaker

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2017, 05:37:02 PM »
Also apologies to the "do you have a steamrep" question, I thought you meant +rep on peoples profiles after trading, here is my steamrep http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198122310418

Offline og gaster sans

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2017, 06:41:21 PM »
This person is a really nice and kind player to hang and talk with i have nown them for three years and they have been chill and kind.The thing is this person hates is when there are hakers and ass hole rule brakes on servers so i hope this person can become a admin.  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline Fuzzy Fire'chu | trade.tf

• Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Poster
  • What state is the best at rap? Flo-rida! HAHAHAHA!
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2017, 02:01:54 AM »
Hi there! Thanks for spending time to fill out an application and answer all the questions. However, I have just a few questions of my own that mainly serve as clarifications more than anything else, and would greatly aid the other administrators in judging your application fairly and accurately.

1.) In your answer to both parts of question 9, are you able to give an estimated number of hours you'd be able to spend on the servers and forums? If so what would they be?

2.) In question 16, when you were asked to rate various attributes on a scale of 1-10 based on how they apply to you, you gave 5's to both Logical and Objective. May I ask why you rated yourself so low on these?

3.) Expanding on your answer for 17 B, what to you qualifies as a "logical reason" to be offended? And if the offensive player(s) continue their offensive actions, how would you punish them?

We'd greatly appreciate your response to these questions, and we wish you good luck this week!
Be the change you want to see in the world. If you want to watch the world burn, well... I can help you there.                   

Offline Widowmaker

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2017, 12:51:57 PM »
apologies for not clarifying on those question,

1a. On most days I can spend 4-12 hours on a regular day, some days I may not be on.
1b. 1-2 hours if I'm just browsing, I can be on for up to 5 If I'm needed.

2a. I don't find myself to use the logical step in a situation most of the time, I tend to go beyond the simple/easiest thing or I do the complete opposite and do so little that it solves nothing.
2b. I tend to let my emotions get out of hand and my opinion on the situation usually turns out to be biased.

3a. What I mean by logical reason is; for example, if the group of players made a bad remark about a loved one of the target and he found it offensive I would step into action, even though I may not find it offensive but the target does It's him in the situation that matters. I would find out why it offends him and take the appropriate action.
3b. If the players kept assaulting the victim I would first tell them to stop, if they continued I would gag all offending players once or twice, if they kept doing it I would issue a ban.

Again I apologize for not clarifying on those questions.

Offline Fuzzy Fire'chu | trade.tf

• Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Poster
  • What state is the best at rap? Flo-rida! HAHAHAHA!
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2017, 01:34:13 PM »
Thanks! And no worries, nobody here expects perfection, not even of eachother. Good luck with the app! :)
Be the change you want to see in the world. If you want to watch the world burn, well... I can help you there.                   

Offline Rykkie

• Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Visitor
  • When In Doubt, Chinese Takeout
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2017, 04:42:24 PM »
Widow is a friend of mine, and I believe she would make a good administrator for our servers. She has the common sense, skill, and maturity to handle any issues within the servers and help other players in a professional manner. I hope that she is given a chance to prove herself to everyone. ( ᵔ ᴥ ᵔ )

Consider this my official recommendation.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2017, 04:44:20 PM by BunMuffin »
Why have food when you could have communism?

Offline nightmare

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2017, 09:30:24 PM »
:)

Offline Lunarium

• High Tier Trader
  • Staff Trainer
  • Forum Master
  • Your Deadly skill is jogging? Mine is Murdering.
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2017, 03:26:31 PM »
Thank you for taking the time to apply for TF2SwapShop administration. We regret to inform you that our staff does not believe that your application satisfies our standards for server administration for the moment. Unfortunately, we must decline your application.

If you are still interested in a server administration position here, you may submit a new application and reapply after 3 months have passed (January 6th, 2018).

We encourage you to use that time to revise and improve upon your application.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2017, 03:28:06 PM by ϟ ☠Lunarium☠ »