• April 23, 2024, 07:28:05 AM

Author Topic: Ghosty ✪ - Game Server Admin Application  (Read 5580 times)

Offline Ghosty ✪

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Ghosty ✪ - Game Server Admin Application
« on: November 24, 2017, 03:16:41 PM »
1. Which position do you wish to apply for?
Game Server Admin

2. Have you ever previously applied for a position in SwapShop?
No

3. List any current staff members you know or have any personal relations with.
Heiðar - First Admin I met, linked me to the forums and helped me out.

4. Do you have a microphone that you are willing to use?
Yes

5. Age:
14, turning 15 soon.

6. What Time Zone do you live in?
Eastern

7. List and describe any previous supervisory, administrative or management experience,­ in or out of the game:
I was an administrator on multiple GMOD servers, and can briefly remember being one on an old TF 2 server, on my old account.

8. What are your goals in this community - or, why do you want to hold this position?
I don't want to be too corny, but I want to be an Administrator mostly to help the servers I play on. I don't often see an administrator on the servers at all, today was my first day seeing one and asking for the forum link. Many times that I'm on the server I see children screwing around with people and doing a lot of things I'm sure admins wouldn't like, but there's no one there to stop them. Also I'd like to be administrator for the perks it gives you aswell, of course I'm not going to abuse my powers, I'm only going to use them when they're needed properly.

9. How much time will you be able to spend:
A. On the servers?
Unless I'm busy with my education and studies, I'll spend most of my time on the servers with my two other friends who play it almost everyday. Other than that we may go play casual or some other mode, but we are bound to come back to the server. Its our #1 go-to-server for entertainment. About a 7-8/10

B. On the forums?
To be completely honest, I may spend SOME time on the forums chatting and discussing things, but my time will be mostly in-game having fun, or in the real world studying and learning. So for my Forum time it would most likely be a 5-6/10

10. How long have you been playing on our group of servers?
I recently started playing on your "Mario-Kart," and am bound to check out the other servers as-well, since they seem interesting. But I'm sure I've played on it before, not sure if it was Swapshop or another server.

11. Do you speak any languages other than English?
Bosnian.

12. Link your SteamRep and other sources that show your reputation here:
My current account - https://steamrep.com/search?q=http%3A%2F%2Fsteamcommunity.com%2Fprofiles%2F76561198372997158%2F

My old account (Which I abandoned) - https://steamrep.com/search?q=http%3A%2F%2Fsteamcommunity.com%2Fprofiles%2F76561198132881615

I can explain my VAC ban, but I doubt explaining would do much, here it is anyway: On my old account, I was dumb and immature and decided to hack, which got me vac banned on CS:GO. I have CS:GO on my new account and trade/gamble on it alot. Not much I can do about my old choices.

13. If you have alternate accounts, list any alternate accounts that you own:
http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198132881615

14. Describe a time when you lost control of your emotions and how you were able to cope with the situation (P.S: This can be about anything; it doesn't have to be from in-game.):
The only time I can clearly remember losing control of my emotions would be in school, when some children decided to bully my friends, of course I stood up to them, but because of my clear school record I decided to NOT fight them, but instead ignore them, which is what we did, and eventually walked away later on.

15. What do you consider in your personality to be strengths? What do you consider in your personality to be weaknesses?
The one thing I can actually consider my strength would be me being brave & being a leader. I tend to try and be the leader of any group that I am put in, which I consider a strength. I also tend to be very brave, I'm not afraid to do things, which can be a strength but also a weakness in some cases.

16. Assess these attributes from 1 to 10 based on how you see yourself:
  • Logical: 10
  • Patient: 9
  • Reactive: 8
  • Creative: 7
  • Polite: 9
  • Reasonable: 9
  • Objective: 6
  • Perceptive: 8
  • Compassionate: 10
  • Troubleshooter: 10
  • Honest: 9

17. After you become an admin, how would you react to these situations below:
A: How would you deal with a person who was making racist comments?
Warn them to stop making racist comments, even if they are of the race. If they continue doing it I will give them a temporary kick, and if it continues a temporary ban, if they keep coming back and continue making racial comments, I will permenantly ban them.

B: A group of players are offended by remarks that another player made, but you yourself do not find them to be offensive. How would you respond?
I would ask the player to stop making such remarks, since it offended a group of players.

C: How would you deal with players who micspam?
I would warn them 3 times to stop, and if they continue I would use the appropriate punishment.

D: Another TF2SS admin is exploiting their powers in game; what will you do about it?
Since there isn't much I can do in-game, all I would do is report them to a higher-up-admin, and take evidence.

E: What would you do when answering a report that [username] is speed hacking on one of our servers?
I would investigate if he is actually speed hacking and not using one of the perks in the shops, if he is speed hacking I would kick him for speed hacking, or Ban if it is a repeated offense.

F: A regular user threatens to ban another player if they do not comply with rules that do not exist. What will you do about it?
I would calm the player down and mention that the regular cannot ban him for rules that do not exist, I would then warn the regular for impersonating an admin.

G: A group of enemy players dominate you, ignoring everyone else and changing teams if you join the team they are on, killing only you over and over again. What will you do about it?
I wouldn't do anything about it, since they are just playing the game. I would keep my calm and keep ignoring them.

H: How do you deal with a player who comments publicly that: you are an asshole, the server sucks ass, and continues to insult anyone who kills them with profanity & by screaming on the mic?
I would ask them why they think the server is bad or I am an asshole, and if they continue screaming in the mic I would ask them to stop, if they don't I'll deal with them with the appropriate punishment.

I: A regular player on our server says that they will offer free godmode for anyone who trades a hat to them. What will you do about it?
I would ask the regular to stop begging for hats and offering something he cannot offer. However, if he is able to give somebody godmode, I would deal with him accordingly, investigating whether he is hacking or not.

J: A player who bought the Headless Horsemann perk from the shop complains after another player slays him/her. What do you tell the slayed Headless Horsemann player?
I would tell the player who bought Headless Horsemann that there is nothing I can do, since the other player also bought the Slay, both of those perks are there for a reason. If they continue complaining about it, I would offer them a "refund," to get them to stop complaining.

K: How do you define Admin abuse?
Admin abuse in my perspective would be someone who repeadetly slays a player over and over again, or uses Administrative powers to their advantage, such as Godmode, Noclip, etc.

After filling out this application, what are your feelings toward becoming a Server Admin on our servers?
After filling out this application, there isn't much that would change for my feelings. If I become a server administrator of course I would be very happy, if I don't, I wouldn't start complaining or throwing a "fit, I would just continue playing like I do everyday with my friends. I'm only applying for admin to be able to do something when people ask for it, and not just stand hopelessly around while a player micscreams or hacks on the server. Non-theless, I would still find a lot of enjoyment if I was accepted as an administrator.

(P.S. This question confused me a little, so I'm not sure if I answered correctly.)

Offline Psy

• Butt Administrator
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Master
  • I'm retarded.
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Re: Ghosty ✪ - Game Server Admin Application
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2017, 04:24:03 PM »
Heiðar...?

What is their current name right now?
AFK like JFK

Offline Ghosty ✪

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2017, 04:37:18 PM »
I'm not sure about his Forum name, but "Heiðar," was the last thing I saw in-game.

Offline Ghosty ✪

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2017, 04:38:19 PM »
Heiðar...?

Here is his Steam Profile,
http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198077755795

Offline Psy

• Butt Administrator
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Master
  • I'm retarded.
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2017, 05:08:08 PM »
Heiðar...?

Here is his Steam Profile,
http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198077755795

Oh alright, okay thank you for replying. He usually goes by the name "[TheMagicMarksman]".
AFK like JFK

Offline Ghosty ✪

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2017, 05:30:40 PM »
Oh, sorry, I didn't know.  :P

Offline theSipow

• Cum Administrator
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Hero
  • Jai Geru Deva Om
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2017, 05:41:32 PM »
Thank you for expressing interest in applying for TF2SwapShop administration. We regret to inform you that your application does not meet certain requirements:
  • You must not have any VAC bans.
  • You must not have violated any of Steam's terms of conditions.
  • You must have played at least 1 month on our servers.
  • You must have have at least 500 total hours on Team Fortress 2.*
  • You must be at least 16 years old.
(Note: This is including information from your alt.)

Due to having a VAC Ban on your alternate account, you are banned from applying for administration.
If you feel this is unfair, you may make a ban appeal and give your reasoning for why you think you should be unbanned from applying.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2017, 06:01:36 PM by Sidepow »
\_\_\_\_\_\_\_\_(  ̿  ̿  ̿  ̿°̿̿ ̿ ̿  ̿ ͜ʖ ̿ ̿ ̿ ̿ ̿ ̿°̿  ̿  ̿)_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/
i blame sipow