• March 28, 2024, 09:47:55 AM

Author Topic: ✪ Festive Blade ✪ - Game Server Admin Application  (Read 4639 times)

Offline Elon Musk ✓

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
✪ Festive Blade ✪ - Game Server Admin Application
« on: December 22, 2017, 09:39:30 PM »
1. Which position do you wish to apply for?
Game Server Admin

2. Have you ever previously applied for a position in SwapShop?
No

3. List any current staff members you know or have any personal relations with.
I do not now any Staff Members.

4. Do you have a microphone that you are willing to use?
Yes

5. Age:

6. What Time Zone do you live in?
Eastern Time

7. List and describe any previous supervisory, administrative or management experience,­ in or out of the game:
The only Administrator/Moderator experience I've had would be in a Minecraft server, heh. Never been a Staff member or anything on Team Fortress 2.

8. What are your goals in this community - or, why do you want to hold this position?
I've played on SwapShop servers quite often. Granted, the total time may not equal up to a month, but then again it might. I've seen how Administrators, Moderators, VIPs act and treat other players and how well they handle issues, and I figured that I would apply for one of those roles. I'm not looking to become a full Administrator, unless there's an open slot for one. If anything, a Moderator would do.

9. How much time will you be able to spend:
A. On the servers?
As much as I can. I play on Community Servers 90% of the time, and most of THAT time is on SwapShop. (Note, by the time this is finished I will be out of state and unable to play until a later date)

B. On the forums?
Seeing that being on the forums doesn't require me to be in-game, chances are that I will be on the forums more than in servers. So, often.

10. How long have you been playing on our group of servers?
I'm unsure. Out of my 1,000+ hours in Team Fortress 2, I would have to say 300 hours at least? Though I could be wrong.

11. Do you speak any languages other than English?
I do not

12. Link your SteamRep and other sources that show your reputation here:
https://steamrep.com/search?q=http%3A%2F%2Fsteamcommunity.com%2Fid%2Fbatponi%2F

13. If you have alternate accounts, list any alternate accounts that you own:
No alternate accounts

14. Describe a time when you lost control of your emotions and how you were able to cope with the situation (P.S: This can be about anything; it doesn't have to be from in-game.):
I've done this both in-game and in real life. I've been told I handle these sorts of situations well, despite me feeling like I've done something completely wrong. For example, someone in a server has done nothing but insult me for my interests, my gameplay, etc. All I did was mute him, and once he stopped his complaining, I left the server.

15. What do you consider in your personality to be strengths? What do you consider in your personality to be weaknesses?
I've never actually considered my strengths. I've been told that I can care for those in need, that I'm outgoing, and that I'm just an overall friendly person. Weaknesses, however, I have considered. I can be *too* caring at times, being kind to people, only to have them decieve me or others I know.

16. Assess these attributes from 1 to 10 based on how you see yourself:
  • Logical: 7
  • Patient: 10
  • Reactive: 6
  • Creative: 8
  • Polite: 10
  • Reasonable: 9
  • Objective: 5
  • Perceptive: 6
  • Compassionate: 10
  • Troubleshooter: 5
  • Honest: 10

17. After you become an admin, how would you react to these situations below:
A: How would you deal with a person who was making racist comments?
If this were in game, I would kindly tell them that making such comments is against the rules and can be punished my a gag, mute, or a kick. Even a ban.
If they continue, I would give them another two warnings before giving such punishments.

B: A group of players are offended by remarks that another player made, but you yourself do not find them to be offensive. How would you respond?
I would stand up for those who are offended, no matter the reason. Whether its in-game issues, racial comments, or anything of the sort.

C: How would you deal with players who micspam?
A warning. If they continue, a temporary mute or gag. If they continue again, another mute/gag. And, if they did it again, a permenant mute/gag.

D: Another TF2SS admin is exploiting their powers in game; what will you do about it?
I would report the Admin abuse to another SwapShop Administrator after trying to deal with the situation.

E: What would you do when answering a report that [username] is speed hacking on one of our servers?
I would spectate and observe the accused player before determining whether he really is hacking or not. If not, the accuser would be warned. If the player is hacking, a ban.

F: A regular user threatens to ban another player if they do not comply with rules that do not exist. What will you do about it?
I would kick them for impersonating an Administrator. If they return yelling about how he would get a real Administrator, a ban, if necessary.

G: A group of enemy players dominate you, ignoring everyone else and changing teams if you join the team they are on, killing only you over and over again. What will you do about it?
Nothing, really. I would just play the game and do my best to fight against them, while making jokes or remarks on how bad I am.

H: How do you deal with a player who comments publicly that: you are an asshole, the server sucks ass, and continues to insult anyone who kills them with profanity & by screaming on the mic?
A warning. If they continue, a mute/gag. If they continue again, kick. And finally, a ban.

I: A regular player on our server says that they will offer free godmode for anyone who trades a hat to them. What will you do about it?
I would immediatley intervene to prevent the scam. If the scammer refuses to admit that he was lying, he would be kicked or even banned. If he does admit to it, a temporary mute or gag.

J: A player who bought the Headless Horsemann perk from the shop complains after another player slays him/her. What do you tell the slayed Headless Horsemann player?
If you mean slay as in the Slay command that can be bought from the shop, I would tell them to not make such a fuss over it and tell the player who Slayed the Horsemann player to kindly stop using shop perks to their advantage.

K: How do you define Admin abuse?
Admin abuse would be spawn killing, using God Mode as they kill other players, repeatedly kicking, banning, or muting players for no reason whatsoever, repeatedly slaying players without giving them a chance.

After filling out this application, what are your feelings toward becoming a Server Admin on our servers?
I feel a little nervous, honestly. I do hope that I get this role. If not, then nothing will change, and I'll still play on SwapShop. But I do hope to become an Administrator or Moderator.

Offline Fuzzy Fire'chu | trade.tf

• Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Poster
  • What state is the best at rap? Flo-rida! HAHAHAHA!
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Re: ✪ Festive Blade ✪ - Game Server Admin Application
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2017, 12:07:42 AM »
The admins at SwapShop wish you luck in the upcoming week :3 Be sure to answer any questions we ask of you, as they help us determine whether or not an applicant is qualified to be Admin with greater detail.

And side note: there are no "Moderator" ranks. If your application is successful, you'll be promoted to Trial Admin while you train to become a full Admin. We do hope that doesn't discourage you. And again, good luck :)
Be the change you want to see in the world. If you want to watch the world burn, well... I can help you there.                   

Offline Psy

• Butt Administrator
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Master
  • I'm retarded.
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2017, 02:16:38 AM »
Hey, I would just like to let you know that VIP isn't a "rank" or status you apply for. You just need to buy it from the server !shop. VIPs also don't have any administrative authorities over other players. They simply get perks on the servers.
AFK like JFK

Offline theSipow

• Cum Administrator
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Hero
  • Jai Geru Deva Om
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2017, 10:28:08 PM »
Could you describe a plausible situation where (how you consider yourself) being too caring could affect you negatively?
Good luck in the coming week!
\_\_\_\_\_\_\_\_(  ̿  ̿  ̿  ̿°̿̿ ̿ ̿  ̿ ͜ʖ ̿ ̿ ̿ ̿ ̿ ̿°̿  ̿  ̿)_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/
i blame sipow

Offline theSipow

• Cum Administrator
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Hero
  • Jai Geru Deva Om
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2017, 09:51:34 PM »
Since you did not reply to our staff's questions within 3 days, your application has been temporarily suspended.

We encourage you to reactivate your application by replying to the questions our staff have asked on your application within 7 days from now.
\_\_\_\_\_\_\_\_(  ̿  ̿  ̿  ̿°̿̿ ̿ ̿  ̿ ͜ʖ ̿ ̿ ̿ ̿ ̿ ̿°̿  ̿  ̿)_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/
i blame sipow

Offline Ἀΐδης

• Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Master
  • What is it you truly seek to obtain?
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2018, 01:24:37 PM »
Thank you for taking the time to apply for TF2SwapShop administration. We regret to inform you that our staff does not believe that your application satisfies our standards for server administration for the moment. Unfortunately, we must decline your application.

If you are still interested in a server administration position here, you may submit a new application and reapply after 3 months have passed (04/03/18).

We encourage you to use that time to revise and improve upon your application.

Hades