• March 28, 2024, 12:18:13 PM

Author Topic: Cloud Dreemurr - Game Server Admin Application  (Read 5461 times)

Offline Cl0udZone

• Confused boi
  • Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Cloud Dreemurr - Game Server Admin Application
« on: January 01, 2018, 01:29:25 AM »
1. Which position do you wish to apply for?
Game Server Admin

2. Have you ever previously applied for a position in SwapShop?
Yes

3. List any current staff members you know or have any personal relations with.
I dont have any personal relations with this admin but renoraider is by far a great friend and hilarious and i honestly enjoy what he does on the server.

4. Do you have a microphone that you are willing to use?
Yes

5. Age:

6. What Time Zone do you live in?
Pacific standard time

7. List and describe any previous supervisory, administrative or management experience,­ in or out of the game:
Reno raider here on jan. 1 2018 came to stop mic spam after i let him know

8. What are your goals in this community - or, why do you want to hold this position?
I want to help this server when im availible and when other staff are not availible i want to help as much as i possible can I want to make the swapshop community a better place and a safe fun place to trade and play in

9. How much time will you be able to spend:
A. On the servers?
well its depending on how i am in school or what im doing at the time but i should have a 90% chanche of being on the weekened and a 45% chance on week days

B. On the forums?
I will check the fourms as much as i possible can and as many times as i can remember but i will ask people to remind me such as renoraider

10. How long have you been playing on our group of servers?
i have over 940 hours on tf2 so i might have spent around 500 hours but with my occasional breaks its around three years

11. Do you speak any languages other than English?
i can speak a small amount of french and i can speak a bit of spanish

12. Link your SteamRep and other sources that show your reputation here:
https://steamrep.com/search?q=http%3A%2F%2Fsteamcommunity.com%2Fid%2FCl0udZone

13. If you have alternate accounts, list any alternate accounts that you own:

14. Describe a time when you lost control of your emotions and how you were able to cope with the situation (P.S: This can be about anything; it doesn't have to be from in-game.):
well ive raged once like the first year on this server but ive head some of the fellow members help me calm down and i give them respect

15. What do you consider in your personality to be strengths? What do you consider in your personality to be weaknesses?
well im a kind hearted guy once you get to know me and im also quite funny and very friendly. you can ask renoraider if you dont believe it

16. Assess these attributes from 1 to 10 based on how you see yourself:
  • Logical: 9
  • Patient: 9
  • Reactive: 8
  • Creative: 10
  • Polite: 9
  • Reasonable: 10
  • Objective: 10
  • Perceptive: 9
  • Compassionate: 9
  • Troubleshooter: 8
  • Honest: 10

17. After you become an admin, how would you react to these situations below:
A: How would you deal with a person who was making racist comments?
i will give one warning if they do not listen 10 minute mute when they become unmuted and they continue half an hour mute one final warning and hour ban

B: A group of players are offended by remarks that another player made, but you yourself do not find them to be offensive. How would you respond?
i will ask how it has offended them just in case it really did cause my experiences on this server were mostly sarcasm but if it does offend them i will warn the offender once if they dont listen i will do the same thing as i would do to the racist commenters

C: How would you deal with players who micspam?
i will mute them for 5 minutes and tell them to stop mic spamming because if it is to loud they would not hear me if it continues 15 minute mute once more a kick

D: Another TF2SS admin is exploiting their powers in game; what will you do about it?
i will report it to a fellow admin for assistance as well as notify anyone i can on the fourms (i.e. the owner)

E: What would you do when answering a report that [username] is speed hacking on one of our servers?
i will ask for proof and refrences from other players if it seems reasonable i will ban the player in question for a week and if they come back doing it once again a full year

F: A regular user threatens to ban another player if they do not comply with rules that do not exist. What will you do about it?
i will explain the rules incase they have mistaken it is a rule and if they keep saying it is i will refer him to the forums and if he does not succeed to listen i will report it to the forums

G: A group of enemy players dominate you, ignoring everyone else and changing teams if you join the team they are on, killing only you over and over again. What will you do about it?
i would treat it like any casual game and try to get my revenge normally (i.e. sniping, sneaking as spy, etc.

H: How do you deal with a player who comments publicly that: you are an asshole, the server sucks ass, and continues to insult anyone who kills them with profanity & by screaming on the mic?
i will muted/gag them depending it's mic or not and if they fail to comply after the mut/gag is done i will kick if they rejoin and continue ill ban for an hour

I: A regular player on our server says that they will offer free godmode for anyone who trades a hat to them. What will you do about it?
i will notify the rest that it is a scam unless it is a fellow admin i will remind him that is scamming and report it asap

J: A player who bought the Headless Horsemann perk from the shop complains after another player slays him/her. What do you tell the slayed Headless Horsemann player?
i would tell him/her "you could always save up for enough once more but fair is fair and if you have a problem with it just leave for a while and calm down"

K: How do you define Admin abuse?
someone who would get mad and just use their powers just to get to someone and abuse it (i.e. Constant smite, noclip nonstop, godmod and spawncamping enemies.)

After filling out this application, what are your feelings toward becoming a Server Admin on our servers?
i feel like it might be a difficult job but i feel like i shall be able to hold my patience and do what i can to help this server out best i can (side note: if i do get mad i won't abuse i will leave till i have calmed down and rejoin once i've had a moment but that shouldn't happen often)
« Last Edit: January 04, 2018, 11:45:02 PM by Cloud Dreemurr »
I don't know where I'm going but I'm on my way

Offline Ἀΐδης

• Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Master
  • What is it you truly seek to obtain?
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Re: Cloud Dreemurr - Game Server Admin Application
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2018, 01:53:53 AM »
What month and day is your birthday?

Hades

Offline Cl0udZone

• Confused boi
  • Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2018, 08:19:07 PM »
What month and day is your birthday?

Hades
my birth date is January 01 30 I will be 17 in a few weeks

Offline Cl0udZone

• Confused boi
  • Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2018, 03:57:02 AM »

[/quote] I saw that "a theme of sorts" on your profile that led to the code lyoko theme. That was my favorite show of all time and it still is you are now a sweet radical boss man of freedom

Offline Psy

• Butt Administrator
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Master
  • I'm retarded.
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2018, 06:31:24 PM »
Please take the time to answer the following questions:

1. Could you give examples of scenarios that involve micspamming? (I.e. what would you consider as micspamming?)

2. How would you define scamming and sharking? (I.e. in your own words, what are scamming and sharking?)

3. What would you consider unique about yourself that would make you a valuable staff member? (I.e. what can you offer to the community as an administrator?)

Side note: I suggest going over your whole application and fixing up any grammatical and spelling errors you can find. By doing this, you can increase your chances of getting accepted and your application will look more presentable and professional.

Good luck!
AFK like JFK

Offline Cl0udZone

• Confused boi
  • Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2018, 03:44:17 PM »
Please take the time to answer the following questions:

1. Could you give examples of scenarios that involve micspamming? (I.e. what would you consider as micspamming?)

2. How would you define scamming and sharking? (I.e. in your own words, what are scamming and sharking?)

3. What would you consider unique about yourself that would make you a valuable staff member? (I.e. what can you offer to the community as an administrator?)

Side note: I suggest going over your whole application and fixing up any grammatical and spelling errors you can find. By doing this, you can increase your chances of getting accepted and your application will look more presentable and professional.

Good luck!
Mic spam in my own words is someone who makes unneeded noises or making weird sounds constantly on the Mic or playing sounds/music that hurts others' ears

Scamming/sharing is a player taking advantage of another's knowledge of prices on items like it a player had an unusual worth around 50 keys but doesn't know it and someone tries to buy it for 20 refined but the buyer convinced them that it was worth 20 ref not 50 keys

My uniqueness might be my patience and how often I'm on video games last time I was on I was on until about 3:02 but the server was pretty much empty so I left but I will be on as long as I can and I will be patient with the most annoying players
« Last Edit: January 04, 2018, 04:29:20 PM by Cloud Dreemurr »

Offline Kitty3Muffin

• Kitty
  • Forum Visitor
  • Mew :3
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2018, 02:09:28 AM »
You seem to rate yourself rather high. Do you mind explaining why you think you suit such high numbers?

Offline Cl0udZone

• Confused boi
  • Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2018, 01:35:11 PM »
You seem to rate yourself rather high. Do you mind explaining why you think you suit such high numbers?

well it takes years of dealing with kinda of situations and learning from those around you like why my patience is high is because I'm always call around the most annoying people and I will wait patiently until I can get through to them or  creative because I can come up with silly ideas such as like I'm tf2 red could go snipers and blues can go scouts and we can play "duck hunt"

Offline Lunarium

• High Tier Trader
  • Staff Trainer
  • Forum Master
  • Your Deadly skill is jogging? Mine is Murdering.
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2018, 08:25:09 PM »
Thank you for taking the time to apply for TF2SwapShop administration. We regret to inform you that our staff does not believe that your application satisfies our standards for server administration for the moment. Unfortunately, we must decline your application.

If you are still interested in a server administration position here, you may submit a new application and reapply after 3 months have passed (April 8th, 2018).

We encourage you to use that time to revise and improve upon your application.