• October 20, 2018, 05:44:06 AM

Author Topic: Banned on Jan. 6, 2018  (Read 423 times)

Offline josetrinafernandez

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Banned on Jan. 6, 2018
« on: January 06, 2018, 06:38:42 PM »
Hello there, I was just banned from server SwapShop08 Orange Towers.  I am unsure as to the reason for this ban.  I suspect it is because I was accused of hacking by another player.  The admin on the server spectated me and said I wasn't hacking.  A few minutes later, the player accusing me of hacking turned into a spy and made himself cloaked.  I was able to identify him and kill him because his character had a yellowish aura emanating from his torso.  I think he got this from the Shop.  I saw the aura and shot him dead.  At which point the admin banned me.  The admin name Fuzzin something?  I am a dedicated TF2 player.  I completely enjoy this server.  I never cheat or use any hacks whatsoever.  I am a person of integrity and wish to continue playing on this server.  Please reconsider my ban.  I didn't deserve the ban.  Thank you for your consideration. 

Offline Sipow

• Head Administrator
  • Forum Administrator
  • Forum Hero
  • I'll just keep it there...
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Re: Banned on Jan. 6, 2018
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2018, 07:23:53 PM »
The admin who banned you, "Fuzzy Fire'chu", will respond to your appeal shortly.

\_\_\_\_\_\_\_\_(  ̿  ̿  ̿  ̿°̿̿ ̿ ̿  ̿ ͜ʖ ̿ ̿ ̿ ̿ ̿ ̿°̿  ̿  ̿)_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/
i blame sipow

Offline Fuzzy Fire'chu | trade.tf

• Server Administrator
  • Forum Poster
  • What state is the best at rap? Flo-rida! HAHAHAHA!
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2018, 07:38:00 PM »
Hiya. Upon further slow-motion review of the recording I was unable to find such an aura around the invisible player you sniped. This was the second instance of this I had witnessed while spectating you. The first one prompted me to start recording, and upon your second time finding out this spy, you were banned.

It is true that I said over mic that "yeah this player isn't hacking." This is a tactic I use to lure a potential hacker into feeling safe and unwatched and prompt him to start using his hacks again if he is guilty.

Even if there WAS an aura around his torso, as you said, as you sniped him, he had quickly ducked behind a little wall where, although his head peaked out a little, his toreso was entirely hidden. Your SMG had aimed directly at his position without a second guess. 

[EDIT] I've taken a screenshot of the exact frame where you hit the spy. As you can see, there is no glow. Nor was there a glow prior to you moving your crosshair over to him http://prntscr.com/hx2s6e
« Last Edit: January 06, 2018, 07:46:21 PM by Sizzling Santa'chu »
Be the change you want to see in the world. If you want to watch the world burn, well... I can help you there.                   

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2018, 07:53:05 PM »
Hey there, thanks for responding to my appeal.  I am not hacking, I am not a cheater.  I play TF2 religiously and would never taint my reputation by hacking/cheating.  I am not quite sure why you feel I am hacking if I had a shot at his head poking out from behind a barricade.  My opponent was a sniper and had a yellow streak as he walked, I believe that is the aura and was able to track him.  He switched to spy and was hiding behind a barricade, I jumped off a tower, and used my sniper rifle because I could still see the yellow aura.  I finished him off with an SMG.  My opponent mentioned to me that he realizes I never miss with an SMG.  I missed my opponent 3 of 6 shots, I think, with the SMG.  I was primarily getting body shots, not head shots during play, which shows I am not hacking.  But I was able to finish him off.  I didn't hack or cheat to get my opponent.  I never ever play that way, I am really good at this game and perhaps people may think 'too good' but I am not cheating.  I am an honest person who loves this game, TF2, and really enjoy this server.  Please, please don't ban me.  Thank you.

• Server Administrator
  • Forum Poster
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2018, 08:05:50 PM »
I'm sorry to say, but no matter how closely I view the recording, even at 5% speed, I'm unable to see any yellow glow.

The instance you're describing is not what was recorded. In this one you get killed by a backscatter scout by the popular sniping spot in the red-side corner of Orange maps where the capture point is, then you spawn, kill the same scout from a distance, then you walk out to view the tower and central area of the map, then aim at the spy and snipe him.

HOWEVER!!!!

Upon my 5th or 6th time reviewing the demo, I couldn't help but notice that directly behind that spy, a soldier had rocket-jumped away. Taking this into account, it's more than likely that that is what you were aiming for o3o

I bow my head and apologize for the inconvenience, Jose. You'll be unbanned effective immediately. Have fun nwn
Be the change you want to see in the world. If you want to watch the world burn, well... I can help you there.                   

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2018, 08:08:18 PM »
Thank you for looking this over and for taking the time

• Server Administrator
  • Forum Poster
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2018, 08:10:32 PM »
No problem uwu Sorry for scaring you like that

Offline Sipow

• Head Administrator
  • Forum Administrator
  • Forum Hero
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2018, 08:27:50 PM »
Server Admin may have unbanned the player, but the appeal is still open for review.

\_\_\_\_\_\_\_\_(  ̿  ̿  ̿  ̿°̿̿ ̿ ̿  ̿ ͜ʖ ̿ ̿ ̿ ̿ ̿ ̿°̿  ̿  ̿)_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/
i blame sipow

Offline Sipow

• Head Administrator
  • Forum Administrator
  • Forum Hero
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2018, 06:33:55 PM »